My Sister's Mate

By MadeenahJunaid

It was just a week before Asena's wedding when she suddenly died of heart cancer. Heartbroken, Alpha Asher, h... More

Meet Your Author
I Miss You, Asena!
Heal Me
Eliana
About What Happened
Humiliated
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?!
You're Fired!
A Mate For Comfort
Would He?
Facing The CEO Alpha
What's Wrong With Me?
You Stole Your Sister's Mate
Exposed Secret
Facing Conan
Disturbing Feelings
Life As Mrs. Asher
It's Okay
This Is Your New Home
A Nightmare
How It All Happened
Back To Square One
Do You Still Love To Marry Me?
Conan's Final Decision
Guilty Pleasures
Impassioned Hearts
Unexpected
Wedding Preparations
Jack Meets Eliana
What An Idiot!
Jack!
Taking A Decision
Letting Go Of The Past
An Outing
True Love
Walking Down The Aisle
This Is The Worst Wedding
A Night With Asher
Conclusions
Epilogue

Fated, Not Destined

387 20 9
By MadeenahJunaid

The Lilah was on her laptop system. She was searching for any relevant company to work with after she was put to bed. Not Sure West because of Asher and not Jordan company as well. Conan didn't fire her, but it was better she resigned because of the betrayal. It was better she stayed away.

The click on a website brought out an article, which she briefly read through. Abruptly, the doorbell rang.

'Griin... Griiinnn... Grriiinnn!'

Its loud buzz made her stand up and rush downstairs. Lilah was 4 months pregnant, so her baby bomb was visible under her dress.

Eliana peeped and pressed the doorbell again.

"I'm coming!" Lilah's voice echoed from inside and Eliana smiled, waiting patiently.

Then suddenly, the door pulled open.

"Hi there?" Eliana rushed to her with a hug.

"Elie, what's up! It's been ages!" Lilah gently pulled out of the hug. "Come in."

She offered as Eliana followed her in.

The Rhys mansion was beautifully structured. They weren't the richest in the state, but they had an amazing home.

"You forgot about me. Lilah brought it up. That's unfair. Knowing that you're the only friend I have after Asena and Conan." She looked down with guilt.

"You know that's impossible. I've just been so busy with work lately. I hardly have time for myself. Working at Sure West gets tougher and tougher. You can't imagine."

"Since I got married, you haven't visited me even once!" Lilah complained. "Are we still friends?"

"Oh, Lee. Stop saying it like that. You know I wouldn't abandon you intentionally. I'm sorry. You know how difficult times can get. I've been occupied." Eliana pointed out.

"It's okay." Lilah's face brightened up with a smile. "What would you like to eat or drink?"

"Don't bother about that. I'm fine. So tell me, how's living with Asher like?" Eliana asked interestedly. "How's married life?"

"Well, everything is going smoothly. This is my home now and everything is going well.

"Okay, that's good to hear. Eliana replied with a cynical look. But the last I remembered, Asher was meant to you. How does he treat you now that you're his wife?"

Lilah's smile died right away. "How else should he treat me? Because we married under such awful circumstances of our marriage."

"No, don't talk like that. My dear, he is your husband. And he should treat you like a Luna. You should be his female counterpart and not his maid. You should be his queen.

"His queen?" She scoffed at the word. "Eliana, you're sounding as if he's treating me badly. Asher is not treating me like his slave, but he's trying. You know we are not in love with each other. You know we only got married because of my pregnancy. That was the punishment we had to face because of the were-pack's judgment, and I'm fine with it. Perhaps, I shouldn't accept this just because I think it's fate. There is nowhere I can be doesn't mean it's where I am meant to be. Asher and I are destined to be married, not fated."

"Look, I suggest you move on with your life. Don't our mistakes make our fates too? By now, understand that fate doesn't care about our plans. It decides who comes into our lives. Who leaves and who stays?" Eliana shook her head and shrugged.

"I still long for Conan. I still feel his presence around me even though facing him feels... Unbearable." Lilah confessed.

"Uh." Eliana rolled her eyes at her friend, fed up about her not giving up yet. "I feel your pains, bestie. But you are now married to Asher. Your souls are now tied together. He is your husband. You both have to leave the past behind and move on with each other."

"Elie, you know that is impossible! Asher is still in love with my sister. And I still love Conan."

"You both have to face reality, okay? Asena is dead! And Conan is out of the picture... Don't you get it?!

"I know. I know that. But... We can't talk about love now. It's impossible. Enough of this talk. Let's change the topic! So what keeps you extra busy at work?"

Eliana blushed into a soft chuckle and yawned out tiredly. "It's a long story. I need to drink one thing: chilled first...I'm thirsty. Where's your kitchen?"

"Right over there." Lilah pointed, and Eliana walked towards the refrigerator to get herself a drink.

Lilah yawned tiredly and walked into the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator and picked out some fresh fruits. Instead of drinking juice and wine, Lilah preferred drinking juice that is naturally made. She placed the fruits in a bowl and rinsed them in the sink. Then she sliced the berries, grapes, mangoes, and pineapples into the blender.

Just then, Asher entered from work. The

whirring sound in the silence caught his attention as he walked to the kitchen.

"Lilah, what are you doing?"

She paused, turned back at him, and suddenly went speechless. "Ummm, I'm... I am making fruit juice."

She looked away, pouring the blended fruits into a clean cup. Although Lilah could feel his eyes on her, she acted not to care. Lilah added a cucumber to it and then placed two fresh cucumbers on the stainless tray. About to slice it, she felt a hand in hers. Looking up, she realized it was Asher.

She froze, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Just give me the knife." Lilah's eyes danced at him, puzzled at his sudden concern while he collected it from her.

"You don't have to be in the kitchen."

"But I wanted to prepare it myself. There was no one around to help me and I don't have a problem doing this."

"If you don't have a problem with it, I do. Ordinarily, you are not supposed to touch a knife, let alone use the kitchen. I've ordered a maid, she would help with the domestic chores and all." He hinted.

"But you don't have to do that. You... Shouldn't" Her fingers touched her nape.

"You are heavily pregnant, Lilah. Just go inside. I would bring the fruit juice to you in no time."

Lilah placed a hand over her mouth, suppressing the laughter. A frown formed on Asher's face as he wondered what was funny.

"I just started my second trimester. I'm not heavily pregnant." She corrected.

"Whatever... Just go inside. I'll serve you soon." He pressed.

"No. I don't want to go inside. You need to go inside and change first. You're just coming from work." Giving him a half smile.

"I don't mind. Fine, if you want to watch, be my guest."

She smiled and sat on the stool, watching how serious he was. Lilah couldn't help but imagine what had changed in him. After blending, he sieved out the fruit juice and poured its contents into a jug, adding some ice to make it cold. Then he placed it in front of her at the breakfast bar, with a glass cup to drink.

Lilah gently poured the contents into the cup and drank. A quick intake of air escaped her as she felt satisfied.

"Tastes great, right?" Asher sighed, causing her to look at him.

"I prepared it, not you." Lilah defended, but he took his cup to drink, too.

"It tastes great." He commented.

"What would you like to eat?" she asked him and he looked stunned.

"I wanted to ask you that. What would like to eat?"

She chuckled at him again. Holding back the laugh.

"What is funny?"

"You, Asher. You are acting weird, especially with your suit on. Change, please." She rolled her eyes at him.

"Not after you make an order."

"Order for what?"

"For dinner." He whined. "What should I prepare for you?"

She laughed out louder this time. He looked disappointed and his face asked questions.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She tried to stop laughing but failed. "Thing is, it's the first time I've seen you in the kitchen and you want to cook for me. Do you know how to cook?"

"I can't believe you just asked me this. It's because I hardly cook. My mum and I prepare our food and order when in haste so that's why we never needed a chef but today, I will prepare anything you want to eat." He clarified.

"Hmmm... Even my favorite food?" Lilah raised a slim eyebrow.

"Your favorite food. What is it?" He asked, concerned, as Lilah emptied the glass cup at hand. "Buttermilk pancakes with yogurt and strawberry. But let's add blueberries this time."

He smiled with satisfaction. Not telling her that was his favorite food, too.

"Okay, then. I would serve dinner in an hour." He took off his jacket and left the kitchen. "10 minutes to change. I'll be right back."

"Really? I can't wait. I can't wait to eat these special pancakes." She told him before he left and blushed at his attitude.

'How funny.' She nodded negatively, drowning the jug of fruit juice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 62.6K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
18.1K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
2.8M 84.2K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
18K 569 32
"I'm sorry Luna," I said, with the little bit of respect I could muster and slightly bowed my head. "But I can't simply forgive you. You're still thi...