Rebirth of a Cannon Fodder fr...

Oleh SuvarnaKhobragade

As the only girl born in the four generations of the Mo family - a prestigious and powerful family in Hua Xia... Lebih Banyak

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 21.1
CHAPTER 22.2
CHAPTER 22.3
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101
CHAPTER 102
CHAPTER 103
CHAPTER 104
CHAPTER 105
CHAPTER 106
CHAPTER 107
CHAPTER 108
CHAPTER 109
CHAPTER 110
CHAPTER 111
CHAPTER 112
CHAPTER 113
CHAPTER 114
CHAPTER 116
CHAPTER 117
CHAPTER 118
CHAPTER 119
CHAPTER 120
CHAPTER 121
CHAPTER 122
CHAPTER 123
CHAPTER 124
CHAPTER 125
CHAPTER 127
CHAPTER 128
CHAPTER 129

CHAPTER 115

6.9K 301 40
Oleh SuvarnaKhobragade

Chapter 115

Edited and Proofread by KitKat

Sister Meng cut the rope on Mo Di’s hands and removed the tape over his mouth.

“Are you ok?”

“Thank you, I’m fine. In there… cough! There’s someone inside.”

Just as Mo Di finished his sentence, the storeroom keeper was seen charging out of the room chasing after him. Seeing the police, he turned towards the back door and tried to escape. Several officers chased after him and easily caught up. They took him down and pressed him on the ground. 

“Keep still!” A policeman handcuffed the man’s skinny wrists.

“There’s blood!”

A policewoman saw the large bloodstain on the storeroom keeper and looked at Mo Di worriedly, “Where did he hurt you? Do you need an ambulance?”

“It’s ok, that’s not my blood,” Mo Di rubbed his wrist and looked towards the storeroom, “It’s his accomplice’s blood. When they tried to kill me, there was an accident. The person fell onto the knife and died on the spot.”

Sister Meng frowned. She was not expecting any dead bodies. She took out a pair of gloves from her pocket and put them on.

“Xiao Meng, grab some evidence bags and come with me.”

“Yes ma’am!” The policewoman answered and immediately ran out.

Advertisements

Mo Di followed Sister Meng into the storeroom. Pretending to search for something, he swiftly picked up the mini pen without being noticed and put it in his pocket.

Sister Meng carefully studied the body on the ground. When she looked up and saw that Mo Di was still there, she said to him, “You should go out first. Tell me what you’ve lost and I’ll find it for you. If it’s evidence, we’ll have to keep it for some time.”

“Ok. Anything I can help you with?” Mo Di’s eyes were full of hate looking at the bloodied corpse. There was also a slight trace of fear lingering which was completely in line with someone who had just been kidnapped and attacked.

“For now we just need to take your statement,” Sister Meng wanted to give Mo Di a pat on the shoulder but seeing how her glove was stained with blood, she took back her hand. “These people will be severely punished by the law. I’ll personally work on the case, you can rest assured.”

Come to think of it, this child had led quite a miserable life. He had been the victim of several cases that she had handled.

“Thank you, officer Meng, I have absolute trust in you.” 

Just as Mo Di finished talking, the sound of eager footsteps could be heard coming from outside the door.

Mo Di thought it was the policewoman coming in with the evidence bags so he went out to not disturb their work. The moment he exited the door, he was wrapped in a strong and powerful embrace. 

Mo Di struggled reflexively at first but when he smelled the familiar wood-like fragrance, he held the person’s waist with all his might.

Feeling the warmth and safety within those arms, Mo Di finally felt the passing of a disaster. His eyes became red, “Brother!”

“It’s ok, you’re safe. As long as you’re safe.”

Mu Tian Heng’s voice was filled with anger and fear. He strengthened his embrace and pressed Mo Di against his body, “Listen to me, let’s suspend school for the time being. Take a break from it. Stop going to school.”

“Brother, I’m fine, I’m really fine.” Mo Di could finally relax in Mu Tian Heng’s arms. He patted him on the back and said, “Brother, I’m really fine, you don’t have to worry.”

“How can I not worry?!” There was a slight tremble in Mu Tian Heng’s voice and his eyes were turning red. He kissed Mo Di’s hair then examined his body for injuries, “Did you get hurt? Did those people hit you?!”

“I’m fine. Brother, let’s go give our statement first,” Mo Di pulled Mu Tian Heng’s sleeve. They were too caught up in their emotions that Mo Di forgot they were in the presence of several police officers!

Is this considered a disclosure?!

Fortunately, the male police officers were all considerate while the female officers couldn’t help having a twinkle in their eyes. Sister Meng let out a cough and everyone went back to doing their work.

Of course, Mu Tian Heng did not think that there was anything wrong with exposing their relationship. If it wasn’t because Hua Xia had not fully embraced homosexuality and that Mo Di was still in school, he would have made their relationship public a long time ago.

“Alright, let’s not disturb their work. Let’s go over there.”

Mu Tian Heng led Mo Di away by the hand and did not let go even when he was going to give his statement. 

At this point, Lai De Si came running over. He panted and said, “Damn, I was scared silly. Xiao Di, are you ok?”

“I’m fine,” Mo Di smiled and shook his head.

“And the criminals? Are they all caught?!”

“One was caught, the other was dead,” Mu Tian Heng looked at Lai De Si, “We’re going to give our statement, you go back to the car. We’ll talk about this later.”

“One dead?!” Lai De Si was shocked to hear that someone died but he still listened to Mu Tian Heng and stopped asking, “Ok. I’m going back to the car. You two hurry up.”

Before leaving, Lai De Si turned to ask Mo Di one more time, “Xiao Di, are you really alright? You’re not hurt, are you?”

“No,” Mo Di smiled and shook his head. He was then led away by Mu Tian Heng in an overprotective manner.

Lai De Si saw Mu Tian Heng’s behavior and shook his head. That old beast will only become more beastly after this experience.

…..

Not long after Mo Di had finished giving his statement, the police had also dealt with the terrified storeroom keeper. He had spilled the whole process, from the kidnapping to the accident, and also how the mysterious man had promised him a way to stay out of jail.

When he mentioned ‘pretending to be a mental patient’, Mu Tian Heng and Mo Di who were watching on the other side of the interrogation room looked at each other. 

In the interrogation room, the man named Zhang Long had his face in snot and tears, “I just couldn’t bear the temptation, that’s why I agreed. But I didn’t kill anyone! I didn’t kill the boy! As for Brother Huang, Brother Huang, he fell on the knife by himself. I didn’t mean to kill him. Officer, you have to investigate properly, I didn’t kill anyone. I didn’t!”

Sister Meng looked at Zhan Long with cold eyes. “Of course we’ll find out what you’ve done! Now tell me about the mysterious man you mentioned. If you can help us then maybe we can reduce your sentence.”

“I… I don’t know who he is. He only personally contacted me the first few times, after that, it’s always been Brother Huang who gave me instructions. Ah yes! Brother Huang always calls him Young Master Qin, so the man’s surname must be Qin!”

“Someone by the surname Qin?” 

Sister Meng’s eyes twitched, “Tell me everything you remember about that man, starting from the very first time you both came into contact.”

…..

“Brother,” Mo Di suddenly tugged Mu Tian Heng’s sleeve.

Mu Tian Heng looked at him and knew he had something to tell him in secret. He turned to Deputy Commissioner Li, “Commissioner Li, I’m taking Mo Di home for now. I won’t be watching the rest of this interrogation. Please watch over this case for me. And I’d like to invite you and Captain Meng’s team to dinner tonight to thank you all for your help. If not, I dare not even think of the consequences.”

“Chairman Mu, you’re too kind. This is our duty, we’re happy to be able to help. You don’t have to treat us to anything.”

“Of course I have to. If you and Captain Meng aren’t free today, then let’s make it another time. I have to repay you and your team this gratitude.”

“…”

Mu Tian Heng exchanged a few more words with Commissioner Li before leaving the station with Mo Di.

After they left, Mo Liu Gui had arrived at the station door in handcuffs.

After all, someone who stumbled upon a crime and managed to leave without a scratch couldn’t possibly be innocent.

If Mo Di had died, the warehouse keeper would have to pretend to be mentally ill and Brother Huang would keep his mouth shut about her. That way, she would have been fine.

But now that Mo Di had survived, Mo Liu Gui would not be able to get away cleanly.

As soon as they got in the car, Lai De Si turned his head and eagerly asked, “How was it? How was it? Did that person confess everything?”

“We’ll talk when we get home.”

Mu Tian Heng felt Mo Di scratching at his palm and immediately said to Lai De Si, “Let Mo Di take a bath and have a good rest, we’ll talk about this tomorrow.”

“Ok, ok, let’s talk tomorrow,” Lai De Si was not suspecting anything. He agreed that Mo Di should be given some time to rest and calm down. Hence, Lai De Si ceased his inquiries.

After returning to the villa, Mo Di and Mu Tian Heng went back to their bedroom on the third floor. 

Ever since the two had confessed and consummated their love, Mu Tian Heng had asked Mo Di to move into the room opposite of his.

“Brother, look at this.”

Mo Di had closed the bedroom door before taking out the mini camera in his pocket.

“This had been on even before Mo Liu Gui came in.”

Mu Tian Heng looked at the item and asked, “Why didn’t you give it to the police as evidence?”

“Because I think we can use it. The police might not produce the results that I want,” Mo Di’s voice was merciless, “Brother, since she wanted me to die so badly, then I want her to know what it means by ‘the sins we brought upon ourselves are the hardest to bear.’”

“With this evidence, I can turn her into a mastermind or an accomplice whether she was one or not,” Mo Di glanced at Mu Tian Heng, “Brother, do you think it’s too cruel?”

“Of course not,” Mu Tian Heng’s eyes were pensive, “But this might be difficult. Qin Cheng Yi will do everything to help her.”

“I know there’ll be some difficulties but Mo Liu Gui has said some very strange things about rebirth,” Mo Di smirked and continued, “Brother, I think we should ‘remind’ Qin Cheng Yi and Mo Er Qian that the law is quite lenient to mental patients. If they could have her certified as mentally disturbed and she is good enough to prove it, then she won’t have to be jailed or charged with murder. That’s a pretty good deal.”

Mu Tian Heng immediately understood Mo Di’s intentions. He looked at him and acquiesced, “When the evidence is irrefutable, it is indeed better to be a mental patient than go to jail.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

30.5K 605 39
Both were complete strangers. One wants to become powerful and domineering in life. While other wants a simple one... They don't have any differenc...
129K 2.1K 200
Part 3 In her previous life, as Yun Xi lay on her deathbed due to a terminal illness, her famous painter husband said to her heartlessly, "Yun Xi, le...
8.3K 119 12
重生六零纪事 The first half of Jiang Laidi's life can only be described as miserable. Born in a backward and ignorant mountain village, with an honest fath...
19.1K 238 82
Part 4 In her previous life, as Yun Xi lay on her deathbed due to a terminal illness, her famous painter husband said to her heartlessly, "Yun Xi, le...