CHAPTER 69

Chapter 69

Du Wen Jing was distraught. Why did they break his fingers? Didn’t they say that as long as she obeyed they wouldn’t hurt him?!!!

Du Wen Jing jumped hysterically at sister Meng, wanting to grab the photos. The cuffs on her wrist which were chained to the chair clattered harshly.

“What happened to my brother?! Where is he?! What happened to him?!”

Sister Meng witnessed her reaction and turned to look at the policeman there with her.

“Stop pretending. If you didn’t work with the people at the casino, how would your brother end up like this?”

“I didn’t! I didn’t! I did not want to hurt my brother! I love him the most! How could I hurt him?!!!”

Du Wen Jing’s tears flowed endlessly. “Tell me what happened to my brother?! Aren’t you the police? How can you let this happen to him?! Why didn’t you save him?! What kind of trashy police are you?!”

“You better have some respect!” The young officer snapped at her angrily.

Sister Meng was more accustomed to dealing with interrogation. She smacked two photos in front of Du Wen Jing and spoke to her calmly: “We have been working with the Myanmar police on a case and when the crimes committed in the gambling den were about to blow up, the police went after everyone in that place. But somehow they knew the police were coming and decided to use your brother as a hostage. Our hands were tied and they escaped. Now, do you still want to cover for them? Are you still willing to work with these people?!”

Du Wen Jing’s eyes were fully red: “How could they do that? They clearly said… They said…”

Sister Meng deliberately ignored her words. She told her gravely: “You’re still not willing to tell us?”

“It seems you’re trying to protect them. You’re helping each other get rid of your targets. You hated your brother because your family treated him better than you. And the person you’re working with hated Mo Di for some reason so he helped you harm your brother and you help him to deal with Mo Di. Am I right?”

“That’s nonsense!” Du Wen Jing glared at sister Meng with rage, “If something happens to my brother I won’t let you off, I won’t let them off!”

“Those people are not trustworthy! I’ll kill them! They deserve to die!”

“They gave me their word. They said if I gave Mo Di drugs and turned him into an addict, they would write off my brother’s debts and let him go. They lied to me! They should all go to hell!”

“So you worked with them to ruin Mo Di and save your brother?” Although she had expected this, sister Meng was still furious, “Do you know that what you did brought danger not only to your brother but also others?!”

“Did you know that those people set it up so your brother would turn into an addict and owed them that much debt?” The policeman next to sister Meng said in anguish: “Those people deliberately targeted your brother and you’re still willing to be used by them?!”

“Ah!!!” Du Wen Jing cried and wailed hysterically.

“Are you going to stay quiet to protect them or will you start talking?”

“If you delay us further, we won’t be able to track the people who took your brother and the longer he stayed with them, the more dangerous his situation is!”

“I… I’ll tell you! I’ll tell you!” Du Wen Jing choked up and said with tears and snot all over her face: “I’ll tell you everything…”

“You have to save my brother. Quickly save my brother!”