CHAPTER 117

Chapter 117

Edited and proofread by KitKat

Qin Cheng Yi immediately contacted Mo Er Qian after learning about the news.

Mo Er Qian had already got wind of Mo Liu Gui’s arrest the night before. Unfortunately, he did not have any ‘acquaintances’ in the police department and was thus unaware of why Mo Liu Gui was arrested. After failing to bail her out, he called Qin Cheng Yi right away. But at the time, Qin Cheng Yi had been having a discussion with Qin Guang Jie and did not pick up his phone. When he was available, he only sent him a short text explaining what had happened and that he would make sure Mo Liu Gui was going to be fine.

When Mo Er Qian read his text, he was briefly in disbelief before becoming enraged. To think that his precious baby sister would be involved in a criminal lawsuit! And it was all because of Qin Cheng Yi!

Mo Er Qian rushed to find Qin Cheng Yi to settle scores and have him get his sister out but Qin Cheng Yi had no time for him. After knowing that Mo Di had evidence that Mo Liu Gui had entered the storeroom on her own accord, Qin Cheng Yi had contacted everyone he could think of to help her. He had been racking his brain to come up with solutions but they all came to a dead end. 

He was not afraid to take the blame for her but even if he did that, it still would not rid her of the crime completely. Mo Di’s evidence was irrefutable, Mo Liu Gui had no way out of this!

After countless calculations, Qin Cheng Yi realized that if they do not resort to using the insanity plea, he would have to confess as the mastermind behind everything. This was the best way to minimize her responsibility in all of this.

But even in this case, Mo Liu Gui would still be convicted. Even if he claimed that she had no prior knowledge of the attempted murder, her conversation with the hostage and kidnappers could still make her a willing accomplice. 

Qin Cheng Yi decided to meet with Mo Er Qian.

As soon as Mo Er Qian saw Qin Cheng Yi, he rushed over and gave him a brutal punch. Qin Cheng Yi endured the first hit but when Mo Er Qian raised his hand again, Qin Cheng Yi grabbed it and twisted it to the back.

He looked at Mo Er Qian coldly and said, “If you don’t want to save Xiao Gui then you can get lost now.”

“How dare you even mention her!” Mo Er Qian stared at Qin Cheng Yi furiously, wishing he could kill him, “Xiao Gui got into this mess because of you!”

A murder charge, even if only attmepted, would still land most prisoners more than a decade in jail. Even if Mo Liu Gui could gain some sympathy from the jury and behaved well in prison, she would still have to stay in there for at least five to six years!

It’s five to six years! How could he let his sister stay in jail for five to six years?!

Qin Cheng Yi was already self-deprecating and did not bother to bicker with Mo Er Qian. He pulled a black face and said, “I asked you to come to discuss how to save Xiao Gui, not to fight with you. If you think that venting is more important, then you can leave now.”

“Qin Cheng Yi, for my sister I’ll put up with you for now. But sooner or later, I’ll have to settle the scores with you,” Mo Er Qian suppressed his anger and took a step back.

“What is your plan?”

Qin Cheng Yi squinted at Mo Er Qian. He cast aside his dissatisfaction and told him about his plan.

The moment Mo Er Qian heard that Qin Cheng Yi wanted his sister to be labelled as a mental patient, subconsciously, he strongly disagreed.

But after he calmed down, he knew that this was the best way to save her.