THE MANAGER NIM

By jeonanushi

"You mean you agree to sign this contract with the condition that I should teach you the technique of eating... More

01. CRASHED - SAUCERS OR HOPES?
02. A DREAM INSIDE A DREAM!
03. TO KILL A MOCKING MAN
04. EP: DREAM - NO SUBTITLES!
05. STRANGEST STRANGER
06. REALM OF THE OLYMPIANS
07. TULIPS AND LAVENDER
08. BLINK AND BLANK
09. THE INVISIBLE MAN
10. MOON CHILD
11. CERULEAN EYES
12. CELESTIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
13. EUPHONIOUS VOICE
14. CARAMEL FURBALL
15. SERENIC MELODY
16. NEEDLE EYE
17. PERSONA OR FACADE?
18. TIGER LILY
19. CRYSTAL GAZING
20. UNICORN'S HORN
21. SWIRLS AND CURLS
22. LOOKISM
23. GRASS PATCHES
24. HOPELESS HOWL
25. ROOFTOP
26. WILDEST NIGHTMARE
27. OH MY ELEMELONS!
28. COCONUT HEAD
29. VARMA KALAI
30. FOUR-PIECE SUITS
31. GRAND WALKERHILL SEOUL
32. DEVIL'S KITCHEN
33. BLUE AND GREY
34. SABOTAGED HINGES
35. SPECIAL PHENOMENON
36. ALL THE LOVE SONGS
37. GOLDEN HOUR
38. CHOCO-CHIP COOKIE
39. MOULDS AND PALLETES
40. BLURRED PHOTOGRAPHS
41. FACE GENIUS
42. THE RED DRESS
43. AMBER CRESCENT
44. OCEAN OF LOVE AND LUST
45. STILL WITH YOU
46. SULTRY SUN
47. FROZEN SALMON
48. FAINTING ROBIN
49. SINFUL HUES
50. SWAPPED EMOTIONS
51. BLOODTHIRSTY WEB
52. MYSTIC CHANGE
53. DONGSAENG? DONGSAENG!
54. WHITE LILACS
55. MAY ROSE AND FAIRY FRUIT
56. GANGNAM STYLE
57. TO A NEW BEGINNING
58. DEAR DIARY
59. DHUM TANA NA
60. PORCELAIN STATUE
61. SOULLESS PET
63. RED WINE
64. A KISS & A PROMISE
65. FATE OR DESTINY?
66. ENRAGED TIGERS
67. MERE MEMORIES
68. BLIND FAITH
69. PAIN AND REGRET
70. WILL TO LIVE
71. WELCOME VICE PRESIDENT
72. SHADOW OF THE PAST
73. WEB OF DECEIT
74. COLLISON OF DESIRE
75. CLANDESTINE MEETING
76. A REAL SEONMUL

62. GREEN-EYED MONSTER

939 106 93
By jeonanushi

A/n:

Italics - Conversation in Korean

_

The cold water splashing across your withered face feels like the greatest luxury on earth, your parched throat yearns to swallow some. Cool beads of water glide over your neck and seeps into your chest as you look up and stare at your reflection in the mirror. The girl in the mirror stares back at you with a mocking smirk that only you can see. It doesn't feel like a mere reflection but your inner self who got unleashed last night with the help of alcohol and fulfilled her heart's deep desires.

When you step out of the washroom a thousand scenarios run through your mind about facing Jungkook face to face, but the empty room leaves you relaxed and dismayed concurrently. When you notice the entire house to be eerily silent while climbing down the stairs, it feels like you got caught inside a fever dream.

"Ma'am!" a calm voice grasps your attention from behind.

"Your aunt, uncle, and the rest of the relatives have gone to the temple in Seoul, she asked me to inform you when you wake up. She also asked you to go home and take a rest." One of your aunt's maids says politely in a forced accent.

"Alright! And..."

"And, your boyfriend just left. He asked you to drive his car back home." She hands you his Mercedes's fancy key. "Also..." Her words dissolve into thin air as you get sucked into a whirlpool of anger. "After all that how can he dare to? At least he could've informed me before leaving. What am I? A slut?" You mumble to yourself while stomping out of the mansion, clutching his car key in hand.

-

His anxious thoughts feel like some distant radio as he tries to ignore them and carry on with his usual tasks, but his mind flashes some glimpses from last night from time to time and drags him back to the hurricane of thoughts. "Ughhh! Why did I even drink yesterday?! All my efforts have gone into the trash just because of this fucking alcohol! How many days! How many days have I been restraining my desires?! Everything got unleashed last night! How am I gonna face her now! Shit!"

Barging into the room, he throws his blazer and plops down on the couch, massaging his temples, silently choking on his regret. When he looks up, the hot red curtain which is glowing in the daylight grasps his attention and his memories slide back to you and the saree you wore last night. Just the mere memory of that crimson red dazzling over your dusky skin just makes it hard for him to breathe all over again. His gaze slowly drifts towards his palms and it trembles in an overwhelming feeling as he thinks about the way he touched you. His fingers hoist up and delicately trace the outline of his lips as if stroking it a bit harsher might erase the trace of yours. When he is about to slouch back with a smile, completely submerged in last night's sweet memories, the door bursts open.

"saengil chukhahaeyo Jungkookahhhh!" Manager Sejin and the rest of the members barge inside the room with a cake. "Happy birthday Lil bro!" Namjoon yells and hugs the baffled Jungkook.

"We actually wanted to get you your favourite flavour cake, but we all had different opinions about your favourite and ended up getting this Choco truffle, man!" Hobi carefully places the cake on the teapoy.

"Which one is actually your favourite?" Yoongi asks while lighting the candles.

"Y/N" Jungkook blurts out with a deadpan face, but when the whole crew turns towards him in awkward silence, he quickly drags his floating conscience back, "Y/N...y/n has my wallet! Shit! I forgot to collect it from her yesterday!" he tries his best to look worried and that oddly convinces his hyungs.

"Relax man, she is not gonna go back to India with your wallet!" Jin hands over the knife to Jungkook.

"Actually, where is she? She usually arrives at this time, that's why we didn't invite her specifically." Namjoon chips in.

"NO...I mean she got some important work today, so she took the day off! Let's not disturb her..." Jungkook sheepishly says and moves towards the cake.

-

"Hello, who is this?"

"Y/n, it's me Shi-hyuk!" Bang PD whispers from the other end of the call.

"PD'nim!" you rise to your feet in reflex.

"Y/n, listen! We're celebrating Jungkook's birthday tonight. It's a surprise party. I'll send you the location and timing details, be there without fail! I'll be waiting for you!" he goes on without letting you utter a word and hangs the call abruptly.

You've never been this angry with Jungkook before, you really want to whack the shit outta him for what he did this morning, but you also can't ignore the fact that it's his birthday today and you really want to be there, beside him. Your ego tries to hold you from what your heart wants to do, but as always, your heart wins the battle and you decide to attend the party.

Choosing a few dresses from your closet, you walk towards your mirror. While trying to decide between a copper tunic top and a pink strapless dress, your eyes land on the purple marks spread like a group of constellations around your neck and down the chest. Every part of you goes on pause.

The only turtle neck shirt which can cover these hickeys, smiles in red inside the closet.

-

The dazzling sparks of the campfire are trying to reach up to converse about something serious with the twinkling stars of the dark sky. The air is suffused with melodies of laughter and stories. You expected a lavish party filled with fake smiles and synthetic wishes, but to your surprise, this house party feels so dreamy and surreal. Limited crowd, with unlimited alcohol and jokes that will go on for the entire night. The sizzling sounds of barbeques and the clinking sounds of beer glasses complement each other.

Jungkook is yet to arrive, but the rest of the members are indulged in one or another arrangement along with Manager Sejin and Kiara, Namjoon's girlfriend. Bang PD has gone to fetch Jungkook. Though you're all set to run away from the place as soon as you greet him, something inside you is tugging at your heartstrings making you feel eager and fervent.

"You know what, rumour has it that only geniuses can say these four English words!" Jin gently places the newly unwrapped crystal glasses over the table, while Yoongi and Taehyung are engaged with the table cloth and floral arrangements.

"Which one?" Taehyung asks, with the over-embellished bouquet of flowers in hand which he tried to make using his creativity.

"EYE, YAM, STEW, PEED," Seokjin says while carefully camouflaging the smirk with a pout.

"Seriously? Nobody is gonna fall for that_"

"I-AM-STU-PID!" Taehyung bellows the word and proudly smiles at Yoongi before he could finish whatever he was saying.

"You are!" Yoongi says and Jin bursts into laughter.

"Y/n, look what I've found!" Namjoon's voice calls you from behind and you stride toward him.

"Ain't these your favourite flowers?" Namjoon asks you, all excited.

"Woah! Yeah! These are Indian Jasmines, but how did you know?" the heavenly smell already permeates your nostrils.

"I don't remember exactly when but you told me once" he smiles with dimples on his soft cheeks.

"Do you remember what mine is?" Kiara comes between you both with a plate of sliced peaches.

Namjoon says "I know the flower, but I don't know its name!"

"Jungkook birthday special answer I guess!" you say and all three of you laugh like a maniac.

"GUYS GET READY! JUNGKOOK IS HERE!" Hoseok yells like a pregnant woman in labour.

As per your plan, all of you gather in a circle leaving a small opening for him to enter. Bang PD slowly walks the blindfolded Jungkook into the garden and into the circle of friends.

"Yo hitman Bang, what are you up to?!" he tries to untie the fold covering his eyes.

"3...2..and 1!" fireworks go off and his blindfold falls down.

"Happy birthday uri golden maknae!"

"We're here to mourn the loss of your youth Kookiyaaa!"

"Congratulations on another year of not being dead!"

All the assorted wishes bring out his bright bunny smile, which you absolutely love. His teammates engulf him in a hug.

You're standing behind his back in the circle, but if the surrounding was a bit quiet, he would've turned around just by listening to the crazy rhythm of your heart.

"Happy birthday Mr. Jeon!" he freezes on the spot and slowly turns around in the direction of your voice. His eyes hold something deep that can't be discerned by any other soul apart from yours, his handshake firm and lingering. It feels as if you've married him with your eyes and heart last night. Though you know for a fact that he remembers no shit from last night, the fondness and passion in his eyes says a different story. His thumb finger softly caresses your hand, his hand is apologizing to yours. You look into his eyes to let him know how you're internally screaming in agony, caused by him, by his little touch.

When Jimin pops a popper, you regain your conscience and retract your hand back. Without even a glance you step out of that crowd and proceed towards the exit. But a firm hand stops you in your spot.

"Where are you going y/n?" Bang PD questions you in a firm tone.

"I...I got to.." you try to hold the tears threatening to escape your eyes and fumble for words.

Without uttering a word, he drags you back inside the garden, where people are now settled around the campfire. Jungkook who seems to be lost in his own thoughts looks up at you and his face glows with gladness. But this time, you avert his gaze when you remember what happened this morning. Giving him the cold shoulder, you proceed to sit between Namjoon and Jimin.

When you look up at his face, you see how he is struggling to keep the green-eyed monster at bay, but helplessly sinking into the pool of jealousy.

And the party begins with 'TRUTH OR DARE?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.9K 33
**Bangtan Boys Series Book 1 of 7** COMPLETED- A love story between a shy girl and the leader of the world's biggest boy band. Would he be able to he...
103K 4K 42
Y/N is Indian Army for long time and her bias is Kim Taehyung but she didn't realise when her feeling develop from bias to love of her life. Her only...
5.2K 308 36
•If it's not you it's not anyone• He has waited for you since so long and now after he has the chance to be with you, he will make sure that he gets...
50.2K 2.1K 42
This was my first story for BTS. It holds a special place for me. It got me through some rough times I was going through. A girl moves to Korea to be...