The Grim Reaper // Alec. Ligh...

By sebs_loves

"You've changed, Rena." "Darling, i had to." "You know what they call you, don't you?" "I do. And i bathe... More

CAST
New Dawn
Aldertree?
Confined
Be Nicer, Perhaps?
Apologies
Smack a Bitch
Here We Go Again
Stupid Wards
Things Change
New Beings?
IMPORTANT

Where Art Thou?

1.3K 50 10
By sebs_loves

— WHERE ART THOU? —

●♤♤●

I stared out of my cage blankly. I had no fight left in me. I felt numb, like i was just existing for no reason. It felt like i was parylised, i couldn't move. My fingers would twitch, beginning the rest of my body to move, but i couldn't. Slow tears fell and i couldn't help but wish my father would help me.

"But you're an ass." I spoke to myself, my own voice was croaky. I prayed that my father would hear my words, feel guilty he was allowing such a monster to do this to me, but my body was tired. Fighting off the demon blood simply grew too much for it. I hope it worked. I hope i wasn't part demon or whatever.

It feels like the wards that surrounded this place would feel like a comforting hug...even if it would fry me to death. I stared at my bloodied shirt, from where the arrow had impaled my chest.

"Rea-" I slowly looked up, staring at the blonde in front of me. What was Jace doing, speaking to me? Why was he speaking to me? "I'm...so sorry."

"Me too." I whispered, feeling like i couldn't speak any louder. My dry throat wouldn't allow it. "I wish i knew you better."

"Rea, listen, don't give up. Not now. Not ever, please." Jace begged grabbing onto the bars of my cage. I wanted to stand, i wanted to give the blonde a hug, assure him i wouldn't give up, but i wanted to. I wanted so badly to give up, to let myself slip away once more, but this time...i wanted to welcome death with open arms. I wanted to feel its mercy, i wanted to see those shining gates of heaven...even if i'd go to hell.

"I-" I coughed a little, wincing at the soaring pain in my chest that ensued because of it.

"Verena Lightwood i swear to God, if you give up i will never forgive you or myself." Jace spat, and i felt my anger flare, but it wasn't enough for me to move.

"Jace Wayland..." I trailed off, and Jace shook his head. "I won't give up." I said determined. I shouldn't. I am Raziel's daughter, i am Alec's wife, i am Magnus' adoptive daughter, I am Clary's cousin...i'm Izzy's Parabatai...i had people to fight for. I needed to fight for them. For Alec. For Magnus. For Izzy. I had to fight, and i had to do it with style.

"We'll get out of here, alright? Just give it time." Jace assured before silence enveloped us. I realise now, that Jace isn't so bad.

"If we get out of here....we're gonna spend time together. Become besties, if you will." I said, and Jace smiled sadly at me.

"I'll look forward to it." And there, at those words, a sense of trust filled me. Jace was always looking out for Clary, but here, right now, he was looking out for me. He was trying to get me to move. He was trying to get me back on my feet. He cared for me, even if it were only a bit, but it was me. Not Clary. Not this time.

"Well, brother-in-law...thank you." I whispered, my head dropping backwards to rest against the cool bars of the cage. It wasn't thrilling, being caged as though i were some wild beast, but it was better then tearing Valentine's head from his shoulders.

Boy was i pissed at him.

Clenching my fist, i moved my legs. It was only by a little, but i moved them. I bent them, and i was trying to stand. I felt my hand flail about, trying to grasp something to help pull me to my feet, and i found a bar. I used it, and soon, i was standing. Victory flooded me and i felt slightly empowered. I can move again, which meant i could do something.

I took in a deep breath and took a wobbly step forwards, grasping at the front bars of the cage. Jace smiled encouragingly at me, and i laughed a little.

"We'll get out soon, okay? We will."

●♧♧●

I stood with my sister as a guy opened the door for us. After that, we swiftly walked inside where men were fighting.

"He said the best fighters in the city come here." I informed Izzy as we approached the fighting ring. "She would've loved to egg people on..." i trailed off, thinking about how  my Rena would laugh and cheer the winner on, and then speak to the loser to try and get them to fight back, to try and encourage them that no one is better than themselves. It felt like it was something she'd do.

"It's only a matter of time before Valentine hits this place." Izzy told me, and i nodded sadly. That monster had her. He was going to do god-knows-what to her, and he had Jace. I wasn't too worried about Jace, i knew he would be fine. Valentine had no reason to experiment on Jace, but Rena? I shuddered and put my attention back to the mission. "You got some moves." Izzy said to the man that won the battle after he collected his money from the ref.

"Yeah?" The man said, smirking at my little sister, which was disgusting. "How about i take you home and show you some of those moves,  up close and personal?" I glared at the disgusting pig, but i knew Izzy was smirking.

"That's funny." I said, a small glare on my face. "You really think you have a chance with her?"

"And who are you?" The buff guy asked but i didn't move, i didn't falter.

"I'm the guy who's gonna put you down if you don't shut your mouth." I swiftly replied. I knew i was more violent then normal, but so what?

"Why don't you come up and try, pretty boy?" The guy asked and as i went to move, the ground seemed to shake, but Izzy put her hand across my chest, and the shaking stopped. Would that have been Rena?

●♤♤●

I could feel an anger suddenly spike inside of me, and i could see flashed of buff men in a warehouse looking place. I gasped as i saw Alec and Izzy, and it felt like i was there.

"Why don't you come up and try, pretty boy?" I glared and grunted, unfurling my wings from inside my cage. I gasped as i thought hard about the place Alec and Izzy were. I had to try and get to them. What if i didn't? What if that guy-

"I got this." Izzy said, and i grunted, falling backwards as it felt like the energy was sucked out from me. There must be some wards keeping me from leaving.

●♧♧●

I stared at the man as i took a step back, and Izzy took a step forward.

"What are you waiting for?" Izzy asked, obviously trying to egg the man on to fight her. I was confident in my sister, but i wished she hadn't stopped me. Perhaps Rena would do the same thing now as what she had done when Jace tried attacking me a little while back? "Let's go." Izzy walked to the centre of the mat, but the buff dude scoffed.

"I don't fight girls, especially hot ones." Izzy looked over at the man quickly, a small smirk growing on her face.

"Then i guess it's gonna be really one-sided." She kicked his leg, making the man bend down a little, and then she kicked his face, making his head snap to the side. She then kicked him in the face again, knocking him almost to the floor completely. She took a slightly slow step towards him and gingerly placed her hand on the side and slightly behind his neck. Izzy gave him a sugar-sweet smile before bringing her knee to his face, knocking him down.

"Oh." I playfully winced, glad the pig got what he deserved. As the crowd cheered for my sister, she simply placed her boot-clad foot on his neck and smiled.

"Still want to take me home?"

~

It was only like half an hour before everyone left. I stayed in the dark, along with Izzy, waiting for someone from Valentine's crew came to snatch up the only boxer left in the joint...the guy Izzy beat.

When the lights flickered, i knew it was time. Suddenly, someone had their arms around the buff guy, so i grabbed them and pulled them away from him. Whilst the guy was standing to his feet, the guy took out a stele and ran it over the lower of his arm, transforming into my sister. Or, my sister was- you get the gist.

As i held my sword out, Izzy was prepared with her whip. The guy opposite us looked confused, looking around for his original target. When he found him, unconscious, he realised a little on what was happening. However, Izzy was quick. She used her whip to disarm him.

"Tell us where Valentine is!" She demanded, and the guy clutched his wrist in pain.

"Where is he?!" I yelled, taking a small step forward, my sword outstretched towards him, ready to kill him. The guy pulled out a dagger, ready to use it on us. However, he held it to his throat, instead, and i must admit, i was a bit confused by that. I took a step forward, and the guy slit his throat. "No!" But it was too late. "Fuck!" I threw my sword and rested my hands on my head. Our chance to find Jace and Rena were gone.

Sorry for the slightly shorter chapter, i felt like here was a good place to end this one.

pls comment and vote xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 136 44
SEQUEL TO CITY OF SECRETS It has been three months since Ember Fairose defeated Jacob Ashwright, and the Shadow World has been lulled into a certain...
60K 1.1K 52
Everyone knows about Alec and Izzy Lightwood from New York, and their adopted brother Jace Wayland, But no one knows of their little sister who stays...
123K 3.3K 21
DISCONTINUED "Let the devil know that I was brave enough to die." She's the Faerie Queen's favourite with a secret love of Shadowhunters. He's a Sh...
5.4K 245 33
Many souls have been lost. Because of Valentine's massacre, the pressure is on between us and the Downworld. It's hard to keep peace and serenity whe...