Billionaire's Cinderella

By Eilish10

"What the hell is this? I nearly lost one of the important deals of my life. Can't you do one single god damn... More

BILLIONAIRE'S CINDERELLA
Chapter 1
CAST
Chapter 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23

CHAPTER 12

263 19 0
By Eilish10

CHAPTER 12

Sarah was biting her nail anxiously. It was finally Friday. The party day. All the employees had left the office early to get ready.

As soon as Sarah entered the penthouse, her stomach twisted in nerves because it was time to face the inevitable. She had given her answer to Chris yesterday. She still couldn't believe how easily he had manipulated her.

She said yes.

Now she was his date.

Or... he was her date?!...

Sarah wanted to travel back in time and smack the hell out of herself for agreeing to go with him. Over the past few days, they barely saw each other. And tonight they were going to be in each other's company for hours.

It was around four in the evening. She got up with a heavy sigh. She should start getting ready for the party.

Sarah took a quick shower and washed her hair. As she blow dried her hair, she got lost in her thoughts. Thoughts of Chris. No matter how Mich she tried, she couldn't let this man out of her mind. She knew he had been flirting with her, and she was actually liking it.

Sarah groaned. This was so not like her. She despised this man when they first met because he was a conceited jerk.

He had though that the world revolved around him. He was still the same yet Sarah was having hard time keeping her walls up.

As she unplugged the blow drier, the doorbell rang. She was in her robe. She didn't want to go and open the door in this state. She hurriedly put on her pajama with a loose t-shirt. She saw Chris standing on the other side of the door through peephole.

She was startled because she felt as if she had been caught doing something forbidden. It get as if he was here because he could read her mind. The same mind which was thinking about him.

Sarah hardened her resolve. She needed strength today.

Masking her features, she opened the door.

"Hi neighbor! You take forever to answer your door." Chris smiled at her. A mischievous glint still in his eyes. Those mischievous eyes traveled down her body.

Sarah never liked when men checked her out. She knew she was beautiful, and on numerous occasions she was subjected to all sorts of dirty and flirty comments. She hated that kind of attention. But she didn't mind Chris's attention.

"It's my place, my door. I shall answer it however I want." Sarah shrugged. Since her tone was teasing, Chris smiled at her.

"No matter how much I want to continue to discuss your door answering habits, I have an urgent matter at hand."

"Then go bother your assistant." Sarah grimaced when she remembered that his assistant was his sister. A truly gentle soul. Sarah wished he wouldn't bother her today.

"Can't do that. She has switched off her phone. You're my only hope."

"Oh boy!"

"Come on! Don't be like this. What could possibly be worse than the worst?"

"Worse than the worst?" Sarah blinked. He was not making any sense.

"Yeah! The worst has already happened."

"And what is the worst?"

"I'm your date tonight. And I'm the worst date ever."

"Is that so? Huh! So flattering!" Sarcasm evident in her tone.

Sarah noticed that he was holding something behind his back. And she was right. "So which one should I wear today?" Chris showed her two suits. One was black tuxedo and other was a gray suit.

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Wow! This is a tough choice."

"Help me out then."

"Tuxedo. And bye." She shut the door.

As she turned, a smile played at her lips. Her boss was quite a specimen.

Sarah was applying her makeup when door bell rang again. She knew who it would be.

"Don't you think this navy suit would look good on me today?" Chris showed her the navy suit.

"Then wear it."

"Hmm... but tuxedo is more formal, right?"

"Then wear the tuxedo."

"Tuxedo it is."

She shut the door.

Sarah baloney a couple steps when the bell rang again.

"What?" she was annoyed.

"See you at seven." He winked at her. Sarah stood there dumbfounded. She should have said something, but her mind wasn't capable of conjuring up any thoughts.

She got ready in a daze. She anxiously waited for seven o'clock. She constantly checked time.

Get a grip, Sarah. She chided herself.

She twirled, and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked elegant in her peach dress. The A-line dress looked flattering on her body. It hugged her upper body curves and flowed into waves around her feet.

The doorbell rang. Her heartbeat spiked up. Taking in deep breaths, Sarah walked went to open the door.

Chris stood there. He wasn't wearing the tuxedo, or the navy blue suit. He was actually wearing gray suit. This suit complimented his dark gray eyes. He looked magnificent. Sarah was already titrated towards him but the way he looked now was urging her to do something. She blushed when Chris checked her out. His gray eyes leisurely raveling down her body.

He cleared his throat and she blinked.

"Shall we?"

"Oh... of... of course," she stammered.

When Chris extended his hand, Sarah grabbed it. His grip was firm, and it felt right. As a piece just fit into a puzzle.

Sarah shook her head to clear his mind. She was being ridiculous.

"Are you ready for the worst date?" he asked with chuckle.

"Bring it on, boss." Sarah groaned inwardly at her response. She was loosing her wits yet she was completely sober. They ride down the elevator in complete silence. This was so unlike them.

Sarah took this opportunity to collect herself.

"There won't be any press at the party, right?" she asked. Last thing she wanted was for her photos to be distributed online.

"There won't be any. This is a private party."

"Oh, OK."

"Sarah."

She turned towards him and looked into his alluring eyes.

"Yes?"

"You're are looking beautiful." He was sincere. For a few moments Sarah was dumbfounded. But inside, she was ecstatic.

"Thank you. You look handsome in this gray suit." She pursed her lips from smiling. "Why did you ask me to pick a suit for you when you knew you would wear this one?"

"Ah! That. Hmmm. Well, I wanted to surprise you. So, surprise!"

Sarah rolled her eyes. This man was something else. She a long night ahead.

When they stepped outside the building a sleek limousine was waiting for them. A chauffeur opened the door. Chris helped Sarah and then sat beside her.

"You want drink? He asked.

"No. I don't drink."

"What? Like never?"

"Well, I drank once in college. But I couldn't stomach it. And never liked the taste."

"So you totally gave up on that?"

"Yeah. Pretty much that."

"Huh. Interesting."

"You seem surprised. Never saw a girl who doesn't drink?"

"Actually I have seen. Crystal doesn't drink. But she is my sister, and as a brother I'd prefer it that way. But everyone I dated drank."

"How much have you dated?"

"Are you sure you're ready for this level of conversation in our relationship?"

"Relationship?"

"Ah-ha." He nodded.

"You're so delusional. When did we enter in a relationship? And you know, you're giving off major stalker vibes?" Warning bells went off in the back of her mind. She recognized this type of behavior. Oddly, with Chris it didn't seem threatening. It should scare her, but it didn't. It was nothing more that harmless humor.

"I thought we being in a relationship was implied. Should go on one knee?"

"Oh god! You're pushing it now."

"I can't blame me for trying." He raised his hand in surrender."

"Huh?"

Chris shrugged in response. They sat in silence. While Chris was thinking about his next move, Sarah contemplated what he had said.

------------  NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE UP IN A FEW HOURS ----------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 46.4K 46
"Jellyface" A deep voice stopped me. A deep sexy voice if I may add. My body straighten up. My mind went blank. I wait for what happen next. "You can...
48.4K 4.8K 65
"Oh no," the blond shook his head. "Oh no?" another man asked. "What's oh no?" "Will has the look," he looked at his partner in horror. "The 'we're g...
20.3K 484 50
Indian love story ...... # Sweet Ordinary Girl #Royal Prince charming # Enemies to lovers Every girl in this country is dying to marry me. Huh...
404K 15.7K 37
**COMPLETED** ~ * ~ * ~ "Just. Leave. Me. Alone!" I ordered pushing him away but he didn't seem to budged. Instead of backing off, he only moved clos...