Arknights : the broken fate

By DrSilentDevil

We all know the story of Arknights or at least a part of it, we know the story of reunion and Rhodes Island a... More

Chapter 2: A Strange Friend Part 2
Chapter 3: A Strange Friend Part 3
Chapter 4: Late Date
Chapter 5: Late Date Part 2
Chapter 6: Late Date Part 3
Author's notes
Chapter 7: The First In An Army
Chapter 8: The First In An Army Part 2
Chapter 9: The First In An Army Part 3
Extra story: Bad Work hours
Chapter 10: A Spark in The Dark
Chapter 11: A Spark in The Dark Part 2
Chapter 12: A Spark in The Dark Part 3
Chapter 13: A Spark in The Dark Part 4
Extra story: Bad Work Hours Part 2
Chapter 14: Red eyes, Blue flame, Lost Soul
Chapter 15: The Answers Seeker
Chapter 16: The Cursed Hand

Chapter 1: A Strange Friend

626 12 4
By DrSilentDevil

Hi guys! This is me the writer. This is my first time writing something like this and publishing it, and my first language is not English so I hope that when you find some mistakes, you will tell me about it so I can fix it. I wrote this chapter a year ago but I decided to give it a try and put it out for everyone to see it. I have some more chapters waiting to be published but I will have to see how this one does first, so please comment about what you liked and didn't like in the story so I can improve!! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it!!

It was a nice morning, the birds were singing like a professional musical band. The sun's rays peeked out from the window into the small, neat room, and the smell of a hot cup of coffee coming from the kitchen tickled the blue-haired sleeping princess's nose. She tried, but failed to ignore the calls of the living and ended up waking from her deep sleep.

 "Ahhh... I had a good sleep... oh! And what is this nice smell...? " Taking a big sniff she felt her senses coming back to full power "Coffee? It's coming from the kitchen. I should check it " and with that,  she resisted the urge to stay in bed only to be surprised by the neatness of her room.

 " Oh my... to think that I had the time to clean my room, weird. I can't even remember what I did yesterday, I must have been very tired,  some cold water to the face should do the trick and make me remember clearly what happened yesterday" 

With great effort, she managed to push herself out of bed and go to the toilet.

 She entered the bathroom and started washing her face but stopped when she took a good look at the mirror. She saw herself, a woman in her twenties or so, with beautiful blue hair and eyes,  two demon-like horns on the side of her head, and finally her broken halo, a clear sign that she was a fallen angel.

 However what got her attention was her face, emotionless, empty. It didn't feel like a normal face but more of a facade. She did not like it. So she did what she did best, she smiled. A simple smile is more than enough to hide it all.

After washing her face she continued her way to the kitchen. It was not a very flashy one with a small table in the middle of it, a refrigerator to the left corner, and some other cooking needs. Looking around and following the coffee smell she found what she was searching for, a hot-looking cup of coffee that was waiting for someone to drink it.

 " Oh, there you are! To think that one day I will find a cup of coffee waiting for me after waking up, a dream come true!" She extended her arm to the cup but stopped midway. She felt something was wrong. 'Who made it?' She wondered.

She quickly scanned her surroundings. 'Nothing unusual ' yet the feeling did not leave.

She felt that someone was watching her...No, she was sure of it.

"So, are you the one I owe my thanks to for preparing this cup? I must say, that was nice of you. It will be also nice if you show yourself." It was shot in the dark, she did not know if she would get an answerback. However, to her surprise, she got one.

" Took your sweet time... I was waiting for you to notice me ...Still, well done, Mostima"  An inhuman voice spoke "Most people, would never sense my presence" Short but loud claps followed.

She was stunned. Not because someone managed to get into her house and make her a cup of coffee, nor because he somehow knew her name. She was stunned by the sheer amount of fear she felt just from hearing the voice of this intruder.

Despite that, she tried to stay calm and play it cool until she turned around and saw who was talking...

 A two-and-a-half-meter-tall faceless person stood in front of the kitchen door with tens of horns on top of what can be called his head, spreading like branches of a very old tree and above them, a red halo that looked like a bloody crown. 

He wore an old tattered black cloak and held a staff made of wood in his left hand that, like his horns, extended into four different parts with everyone having many iron circles that made noise every time the staff moved, truly a shocking and for some reason a familiar appearance.

 " Who are you!? and from what horror movie did you come from!?" She physically recoiled from her place. Her question made the... creature laugh.

 " To be cracking jokes even in such a situation... I see you're still the same even if this is not the same world, hahaha" his laughs made Mostima less nervous.

"You! You have yet to answer my question. Who are you and what do you mean by not the same worlds? Why are you talking to me like you know me very well" Now Mostima was standing in front of the horned man ready to take action if needed, even though she did not have her staff with her.

 " That is because I do know you Mostima, very very well, after all, we were friends"

"Huh? What are you talking about I never-

" I'd like to talk to you much more, unfortunatelythat is not possible. All of this is just a dream, with only me being the real thing here, so before it ends,  I must tell you-"

" So you are saying that this hot coffee is just a dream?" She took the cup and drank from it "But it tastes, real...and good."

" I am happy you liked it, however, that is not important. You should start feeling it shortly"  

"Feeling wha-"a strange and loud beeping sound interrupted Mostima from talking as her head began to hurt "Oh such a pity, it seems our time is almost over "

 " What! But you didn't tell a damn thing !! tell me who you are!" this time mostima seemed desperate to get an answer from him but alas he didn't answer her and instead said 

" Who I  am does not matter, for now. What matters is what I am going to tell you now" Silence filled the kitchen for mere seconds before he began to talk "Mostima you might not trust me but, please, at least hear my advice. Today you will meet someone who sees you as an important person in his world." 

" He is going to seek advice from you, for a very serious matter. He is not certain, your words can affect his choice. Never make him think that you no longer see him as a friend." The creature clenched his long, ancient hand " It is a simple yet hard thing to do but if you do not do it the consequences might be unbearable. Don't  fail, your choice matters." 

As the last words were spoken, the house started shaking, and darkness began taking over.

" This shall be it for now, I hope the next meeting will be more fruitful, goodbye... old friend" His last words were weaker than the others, they had emotions in them, unlike the way he talked before.

As the man finished talking his body started to fade away and with it, the loud beeping started getting louder and louder making mostima head hurt once more to an unbearable degree, yet she still didn't give up on getting an explanation, unfortunately however, before she tries to stop him from disappearing, the man was already gone and with him all of the house.... it was all dark...

She couldn't see nor hear anything, only darkness and silence, only an empty void. She knew that she was waking from her dream, yet she couldn't help but feel a little bit lonely and scared of the small possibility that she might never wake up, a feeling that she felt every time she closed her eyes, the fear of not being able to do the things she must do, however, in a couple of seconds she was able to open her eyes like every time she had those feelings.

...

..

.

It was a bad morning, the old alarm clock only stopped its PTSD giving beeping when mostima crushed it with her hands. The clouds covered any trace of the sun while the rain dropped like an artillery shell, wetting half of the messy, unorganized room because someone forgot to close the window.

Realizing that this was the true reality of her normal life and that her weird dream had come to an end, Mostima woke up from her bed rather slowly and tiredly, even though she had just woken up she was very exhausted ' What a shiny day ' she thought.

Her first destination was the bathroom in the hope of washing her fatigue away with some water on her face, however, that plan was quickly abandoned after she used the wrong temperature and almost burnt her hands.

So after cursing a little and almost breaking the hall sink, Mostima decided to just go and clear her head with a nice hot cup of coffee only to find out that she used her last coffee yesterday 

" How am I supposed to live this day without my coffee ... what is this? Did that tall faceless old horned fuck curse me in my sleep or something, and here I was waiting for this day to come for a month only for this to happen! I just woke up! Is this a message from heaven telling me not to get out today? But then I'll have to not meet him ... like hell I would miss my date with him just because of such trivial reasons "

Even though she almost snapped out and was about to lose her mind, mostima managed to keep her cool and decided to just eat whatever she found in the fridge, if she still didn't feel full she could just buy something to eat outside, and with that, the fallen angel ended up with a boiled egg and a half cup of milk as her breakfast 

" Now that I think about it why am I feeling like freezing to death?" now in her bedroom again, Mostima looked at the mirror to figure out the reason she felt so cold, just to find herself wearing only a large blue T-shirt and underwear that was covered by the T-shirt, also she forget to close the window when the rain is still pouring.

"Oh why am I wearing these light clothes in such cold weather... oh yeah, I lost my pants somewhere in this room and didn't search for them again after that, I didn't bother buying anything to warm myself and I can't even remember to close the window before sleeping.... why am I such a mess when it comes to staying I one place for more than couple of days? If I didn't get hit that time I wouldn't have been stuck in this place for a month. Oh well, this is my last day in this city anyway so no point in complaining now, I need to prepare myself I don't want to be the one coming late after all"

After she finished talking to herself, she opened her wardrobe and took the only piece of clothes in it, a casual black hooded jacket with a name tag on it the name mostima and the logo of Penguin Logistics, an average-sized white shirt, and a black hotpants, her usual clothes when she is working. 

It didn't take her even five minutes to wear it all and with that done she stood in front of her small apartment checking if she had forgotten anything.

 "LMD to buy things, check. An umbrella to hide from the rain, check. My courier bag, check. My phone, check. And the last thing, my staffs...check. I didn't forget anything or so I hope but anyway despite I spent quite some time in this place I probably won't miss it. Even if do, I can come anytime so let's go to my long-awaited date!"

And with that, Mostima left her small apartment heading towards Lungmen Center hoping to meet a strange friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 23 3
(This is a reimagined version of Out-Code Spawns in another multiverse.) 2 different realms exist at the same time, but with different powers. 2 Real...
862 35 11
❝ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀ ꜰɪɴᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴜɪᴄɪᴅᴀʟ, ᴋɪᴅ. ɪᴛ ᴅɪꜱᴛᴜʀʙꜱ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɴᴏ ᴇɴᴅ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ꜱᴇᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ.❞ . . Five years ago, at...
8.4K 235 28
Visitors from Terra / Part II ------- It had been half a year since Amiya and her friends had left Earth. Everyone onboard Rhodes Island though that...
9.2K 108 24
[This is a Revised and Remastered Version.] For years, Five of those Invaders have arrived on earth to prevent their total defeat in their world... S...