Rebirth of a Cannon Fodder fr...

By SuvarnaKhobragade

As the only girl born in the four generations of the Mo family - a prestigious and powerful family in Hua Xia... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 21.1
CHAPTER 22.2
CHAPTER 22.3
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101
CHAPTER 102
CHAPTER 103
CHAPTER 104
CHAPTER 105
CHAPTER 106
CHAPTER 107
CHAPTER 108
CHAPTER 109
CHAPTER 110
CHAPTER 111
CHAPTER 112
CHAPTER 113
CHAPTER 114
CHAPTER 115
CHAPTER 116
CHAPTER 117
CHAPTER 118
CHAPTER 119
CHAPTER 120
CHAPTER 121
CHAPTER 122
CHAPTER 123
CHAPTER 124
CHAPTER 125
CHAPTER 127
CHAPTER 128
CHAPTER 129

CHAPTER 10

19.1K 774 134
By SuvarnaKhobragade

Mu, your phone is ringing.” 

Lai De Si spit out the foam in his mouth and looked at the Mu Tian Heng walking down the stairs and said bitterly: “Looks like it’s from that kid.”

Mu Tian Heng ignored Lai De Si. He picked up his phone from the sofa and went straight to the balcony: “Hello?”

“It’s, it’s me.” Mo Di’s nervous voice came through the phone, “Did I disturb you, brother?”

“No. It’s already seven in the morning. I don’t like sleeping in.” There was a smile in Mu Tian Heng’s voice. He had just taken a bath after his workout and the steam was still lingering. His hair was slightly wet. He was wearing a white shirt with rolled up cuffs, revealing a pair of strong arms.

Mo Di smiled awkwardly and then said with some formality: “Brother, I wanted to leave the hospital but the doctor and nurses said that I must have your approval to do so.”

“You want to leave the hospital so soon? You’ve only been there for three days. Those injuries of yours, have they recovered?”

Mu Tian Heng stood at the balcony, drying his hair with a towel with his free hand. The movement caused a few drops of water to fall on the exposed clavicle and slipped down to the strong and sexy muscles.

“My injuries are much better now. It’s not as troublesome. I don’t need to stay in the hospital. Just rest for a few more days and I’ll be fine…”

“Then is it not better to stay in the hospital? There’re doctors and nurses to monitor the situation.” The morning sun was becoming harsh and Mu Tian Heng squinted, “Or is there another reason why you want to leave the hospital?”

Mo Di did not reply immediately, he paused for three to four seconds and spoke softly: “I’m sorry. I, I’m leaving the hospital because of something else. I’m scared that my brothers will come to hit me when they know where I’m staying.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry for.” Mu Tian Heng frowned slightly, remembering what he heard Zhu Wen Ze said before in the hospital ward. Apparently this child’s family members also treated him pretty badly, and also their logic was very different from ordinary people. “Your brothers, are they your biological brothers?”

“They’re my older cousins.” Mo Di did not say more. He just pleaded apologetically: “Brother, can you come to sign for me so I can leave the hospital? Please?”

“You’ve asked me so politely, how can I not go?” Mu Tian Heng thought about his schedule for today and said: “I should be able to arrive at eight. Wait for me.”

“Thank You! Thank you brother!”

“It’s not a problem. Quickly eat your breakfast and pack your things up.” Hearing the child’s voice quivered with excitement, Mu Tian Heng shook his head with a smile. He also felt a slight heartache. This child must have been through a lot. 

“Mu, are you going to see the kid?” Lai De Si suddenly barged into the balcony and looked at him as if looking at a beast: “Are you going to make your move that quick?”

“Get lost.” Mu Tian Heng punched Lai De Si on the shoulder and went back to the living room, “Clean up your dirty thoughts!”

“Damn! That hurts!” Lai De Si gritted his teeth and rubbed his shoulder, following behind, “You’re such an animal! He’s only seventeen, seventeen!!!”

After Mo Di hung up the phone, he exhaled and then started packing. 

Except for the laptop, everything else was put inside the backpack. And on the computer screen, there were seven or eight minimized windows and casually clicking on any one of them will only show a page full of intangible codes. 

When Mo Di finished his breakfast and waited in the ward, it was already half past seven. He took a look at the notes he had carefully written in his previous life and reviewed the mistake-prone questions. As he reviewed, he looked out the window.

As fate would have it, Mo Di was not able to wait for Mu Tian Heng to arrive before the car belonging to the Mo house. 

The hand that held the notebook clenched tight. Mo Di then immediately went to the bedside and turned on his laptop. He pulled up a window and entered some codes speedily.

Half a minute later, a surveillance page was displayed on screen. 

In the surveillance that was somewhat glaring due to the sun, the car slowly stopped in a parking space. Three seconds later, a man alighted. 

It was Mo Wu Hang. After Mo Wu Hang got off, another tall and mature man followed. With an elite temperament that could not be concealed, it’s Mo yi cheng who was now in charge of almost half of the Mo family’s industry. Mo Yi Cheng closed the door and walked towards the direction of his ward.

Mo Di did not expect that this time he had to trouble his good big brother to come.

According to Mo Yi Cheng’s habits and personality, he would not spare him a glance even if they were to pass face to face. And now just for him, he had to come to this hospital.

Mo Di clasped his knuckles and his fingers made a slight noise. He was not afraid of these two people but was afraid that he would not be able to control his urge to beat them up. 

It was estimated that Mu Tian Heng would definitely arrive in twenty minutes. Mo Di turned off the computer and placed it in his backpack. He then sat on the bed and waited for the two men to come. 

When Mu Tian Heng arrived, he heard a burst of harsh voices coming from the upper floor just as he entered the stairway. He instantly had a bad premonition and picked up the pace running up the stairs. Lai De Si murmured the sentence ‘long legs so what, big deal’ as he chased after him. 

Mu Tian Heng had just reached the fourth floor stairways when he saw the child who should have been quietly waiting for him running towards the stairs in fear. The shirt on his body was torn and a ripped off button was dangling off a thread. Coming from behind him were two tall and stout men. 

“Mo Di! Stand right there!”

“Mo Di if you take another step, then don’t even think of entering the Mo house again! We Mo family dare not keep a beast like you who would poison his own father and not feel remorse!”

“I didn’t! You’re talking nonsense!” Mo Di was limping and moving forward as fast as he could. The two men in the back were like hawks teasing a rabbit, following him in an elegant stroll. A patient from another ward came out to check on the situation and stared at Mo Di with contempt, it seemed he had believed the words of Mo Wu Hang.

“I have never given my father any poison. Don’t accuse me!” Mo Di denied as he ran. He was almost out of breath. Then he saw Mu Tian Heng as he lifted his sight.

In an instant, Mu Tian Heng saw that the child’s eyes lit up like fireworks. It was not only filled with trust and amazement but also adoration and gratitude, just like looking at a hero.

Mu Tian Heng had a sudden and uncontrollable sway in his heart.

“Brother!” Mo Di immediately ran to Mu Tian Heng’s side and hid behind his back.

When Mo Wu Hang saw Mo Di’s actions, he was furious. He stared at the imposing man who had suddenly appeared in front of him, “Who are you? We are teaching our little brother a lesson. You’re an outsider, do not interfere!” 

“Little brother?” Mu Tian Heng gave a sudden smile, “Is that so? This little fellow is also my little brother. Why don’t I know he has a big brother like you? Could it be that you’re just an enemy who wants to harm him?”

After that, Mu Tian Heng looked at the patients and their family members who had gathered around and said: “Please have a look everyone. How can these two be this child’s brothers? I’m afraid that they’re gangsters from outside or even human traffickers.”

“That’s bullshiit!” Mo Wu Hang was about to explode when he heard this. He had never been splashed with dirty water like this before. He rushed forward and tried to give Mu Tian Heng a punch.

But Mu Tian Heng easily avoided it.

Mu Tian Heng then used his left hand to grab Mo Wu Hang’s arms. He turned his body and with a sweep from his long legs, Mo Wu Hang was toppled and he hit the ground with bang! 

“F*** you….”

“Shut up!” Before Mo Wu Hang could finish swearing, he was cut off by Mo Yi Cheng who was standing behind. Mo Yi Cheng looked at the man in front of him, creased his brows and said: “Excuse me, are you … Mr Mu Tian Heng?”

Mu Tian Heng did not answer. Although he had not published any photos to the media nor did he like to make any media appearance, it was not surprising that some private photos were spread among the business circle. 

He only gave Mo Yi Cheng an unknowing look before talking to Mo Di: “Little fellow, are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” Mo Di was carrying his big backpack. He pulled at Mu Tian Heng’s clothes, “Brother, let’s go.”

“Let’s go, let’s go. Let me carry the bag for you.” Lai De Si who had caught up pulled at Mo Di’s bag strap.

“I’ll do it.” Mu Tian Heng grabbed Mo Di’s bag in one hand and strided forward. “Come on.”

“Who the f*** let you go? Stand right there…”

“Xiao Wu!” Mo Yi Cheng interrupted Mo Wu Hang again. His expression turned heavy as he gave Mu Tian Heng and Lai De Si a scrutinizing look.

“Big brother! What’s the matter with you? Why did you let Mo Di leave just like that?!!”

Mo Wu Hang gave the railing a kick in anger and confusion.

“That man might be Mu Tian Heng.” Mo Yi Cheng said coldly.

“Mu Tian Heng? Who’s Mu Tian Heng?” Mo Wu Hang was more confused. 

“All you think about is modeling and entertainment. Your brain is all empty!” 

Mo Yi Cheng gave Mo Wu Hang a dissatisfied glance: “Mu Tian Heng started the Impression social network at the age of 22. In just four years, he led Impression’s rapid development, occupying the whole European and American market and other parts of the world. At the age of 26, his wealth was close to the top 100 in the world! In the past two years, Impression had exploded exponentially. In addition, Mu Tian Heng also has investment in other industries and his influence range worldwide. He now ranked at seven in the world’s richest list, three places higher than Qin Jie Guang, Hua Xia’s richest man. Tell me, what kind of person is he?!”

“He…h…he…” Mo Wu Hang was momentarily dumbstrucked. He only managed to speak after a while: “Brother, you sure it’s him?!”

“I’m certain. That foreigner should be Lai De Si, one of his later team partners. Although they don’t appear in public often, some photos still managed to spread.”

Mo Yi Cheng did not look good, “How did Mo Di get attached to them?”

“That’s right! Let’s catch up with them quickly! Tell them about that beast Mo Di’s true face. It’s obvious they were deceived by Mo Di!” Mo Wu Hang wanted to go as soon as he said that. “Big bro let’s go tell them quickly! While we’re at it, we can also get acquainted and gain some connections!” 

“That is not appropriate at the moment. Firstly, it seems Mu Tian Heng doesn’t want to admit his identity. Secondly, Mo Di definitely had flipped the truth in front of them. If we go to him now, it’ll only make him unhappy.”

“Then what do we do?”

“Let’s go back and investigate. I’ll find a more suitable time to visit.”

Mo Di did not feel relieved until he was sitting in the car. He looked at Mu Tian Heng in the passenger’s seat and said ‘thank you brother’ once again.

Mu Tian Heng could not help laughing and said: “How many times are you planning to say thank you? Don’t have to be so polite.”

“I should. It’s a must.” Mo Di said as he looked at Mu Tian Heng’s side features with bright eyes. Then he lowered his head and grabbed his tightly and said: “I can never thank you enough.”

Lai De Si saw this scene and his stomach felt sour again.

“Fine, up to you.” Mu Tian Heng opened the map on his phone. His long eyes lashes drooped as he lowered his sight: “I’ll take you to a hospital in the west city later. But on the way I have to stop by a construction site first. I have some business to attend to.”

“Brother, I don’t want to stay in the hospital anymore.” Hearing this, Mo Di said hurriedly: “You can leave me in the west suburb. I want to rent a place there.”

“You don’t want to stay in the hospital anymore?” Mu Tian Heng turned to look at Mo Di.

“Nope.” Mo Di shook his head firmly.

“Alright, up to you. But it’s still better for you to have a check up in the hospital to make sure that nothing’s wrong. It’s okay if you don’t want to stay.”

After Mu Tian Heng said that, his eyes lowered. He clearly did not want to mind about this kid any more than he already had. He was prepared to end this matter yesterday. Why was he taking care of this little fellow’s business again today?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 56.4K 152
Mo Yan was an illegitimate child of a rich family and was arranged by her stepmother to take the place of her sister in marriage to a poor man in ord...
275K 5.6K 124
In her previous life, Li Qinghe married into the Xu family with pomp and splendor but was treated coldly and ignored by everyone in the household she...
475 6 1
穿書之女配修仙紀 Not long after the apocalypse broke out, the dead Gu Yue came back to life through his corpse, and his soul returned to a minor supporting c...
20.3K 239 82
Part 4 In her previous life, as Yun Xi lay on her deathbed due to a terminal illness, her famous painter husband said to her heartlessly, "Yun Xi, le...