The Multiverse

By Metulji

A collection of one-shots/two-shots/three-shots of multiple fandoms. Sometimes our dreams are better than rea... More

Request Page
Phoenix (Top Gun)
Phoenix (Top Gun) - Part Two
Phoenix (Top Gun) - Part Three
Rooster (Top Gun)
Phoenix (Top Gun)
Bob (Top Gun)
Goose (Top Gun)
Phoenix & Rooster (Top Gun)
Hangman & Rooster (Top Gun)
Phoenix (Top Gun)
Phoenix & Bob (Top Gun)
Bob (Top Gun)
Phoenix (Top Gun)

Hangman & Rooster (Top Gun) - Part Two

531 14 0
By Metulji

Fandom: Top Gun
Request: Yes (@MLTracyFF)
Genre: Fluff
M/F/NB: Female

✩ Enjoy ✩

Idiots - Part Two

(Y/n)'s eyes slowly opened, eyes squinting in pain at the bright light above her. Her head was pounding like hell, her body sore and heavy, like an elephant was sitting on her entire body, keeping her from moving.

She took a moment to collect where she was, fighting the drowsiness in her body, begging her to fall back into a deep sleep.

She lolled her head to look around, taking in more of her surrounding than just the ceiling.

Her leg was in a cast, suspended in a sling from the ceiling, her arm also in a cast. She had bandages wrapped around her torso and chest, the obnoxious sound of s heart monitor now registering in her mind. From what skin she could see, there was deep, purple-blue, bruising, whenever her eyes could see on her body.

There was an IV in her arm, a variety of fluids and medicines flooding into her arm, the pain of such extensive injuries making her groan in pain.

Though she was only awake for a moment, it felt like eternity to her, all in that moment. The smell of medical alcohol and the typical smell of a hospital make her cringe, making her more uncomfortable than she already was.

"She's awake!" A voice gasped, (Y/n) slowly gathering the strength to face who it was. She saw Phoenix, Rooster, and Hangman, all three of them rushing into the room.

(Y/n) couldn't even muster the energy to talk, only able to blink slowly, pain surging through her body.

Phoenix quickly went to call a nurse, Hangman and Rooster rushing to the bed, concern on their faces, even on Hangman's usual cocky face.

Rooster was unsure what to say, Hangman too, (Y/n) just looking between them, one of her (e/c) eyes having a black eye, even a bit of red in the whites of her eyes, veins having burst when she hit the ground.

Before either of them could speak, Phoenix shoved them to the side, a nurse coming in to check on (Y/n).

The standard checkup was done, the light in the eyes, checking of airways, asking questions, though (Y/n) only able to weakly nod her head yes and no.

Soon after the nurse was done, a doctor came in.

"(Y/n) '(C/s)' (L/n), one of the best pilots in the navy." The doctor read off the clipboard, before looking up to the female. "Are you aware of the catastrophic injuries you have suffered?"

(Y/n)'s eyes went hooded, raising an eyebrow as if to ask how she couldn't have noticed.

"You are highly unlikely to ever be in flying condition ever again." The doctor revealed, (Y/n) letting out a heavy sigh, the other three pilots in the room looking around uncomfortably. "You have a collapsed lung, broken ribs, shattered leg and arm, not to mention a concussion and other fractures."

(Y/n) blinked slowly, not able to speak, just staring at the doctor.

"You were in a coma for a week." He dropped another shock on (Y/n), "We were unsure if you were going to every wake up again-" he looked back to his clipboard, "-Natasha Trace having preformed emergency CPR on you."

(Y/n)'s eyes glanced to Phoenix in the corner, the female trying to smile comfortingly, though the sadness in her eyes was apparent.

(Y/n) then looked back to the doctor, "As for the how this happened, I'm sure you've pieced it together, but, you got stuck in jet wash, also due to failure of deployment of a parachute, resulting in your injuries. It was ruled to be no ones fault, this being unavoidable and a rare case."

(Y/n) just nodded, the doctor putting his clipboard in the basket at the foot of (Y/n)'s bed.

"You are fortunate to be alive." He sighed, "Get some rest."

He finished up, before walking out.

At this, the three, who were in the corner of the room, made their way to (Y/n)'s bed.

(Y/n) sighed and looked to them, mustering a weak smile, opening her mouth.

"Thank-" she coughed mid-sentence, "-you, Phoenix."

Her throat was dry, but mustered the most sincere tone she could muster, Phoenix weakly smiling back.

(Y/n) then looked to the male's in the room, both of them looking rough.

"Can I-" (Y/n) looked back to Phoenix, "-have some water?"

Phoenix immediately nodding, leaving to go get water.

(Y/n)'s eyes trailed back to Rooster, fully observing his appearance. He had puffy, red, eyes, hair messy, generally looking rough. Hangman was the same, guilt written all over his face, not able to look (Y/n) in the eyes.

"This..." (Y/n) spoke up, fighting to cough once more, "...isn't your fault." She continued on, her voice raspy.

Rooster just shook his head, Hangman looking anywhere but her.

"Hangman, give us a moment." (Y/n) rasped, Hangman taking a moment, nodded slowly before stepping out.

(Y/n) then looked to Rooster, "Rooster." (Y/n) called, her voice weak, "Look at me."

Rooster took a moment, before looking to her.

"I'm okay." She tried to reassure, trying to lift her head, but, a badly timed, cough tore through her body, some blood speckles splattering onto the pristine white clothe of her covers.

She gasped for air, pain surging through her chest, Rooster immediately shaking his head, pushing her back down.

"Lay back down." He ordered, (Y/n) sighing, trying to regain her energy and air.

"What-" she cleared her throat, "-is wrong?"

Rooster took a moment to respond, before opening his mouth.

"Goose." He spoke simply, "That was my father."

(Y/n) blinked, nodding her head slowly.

"He-" Rooster released a shaky sigh, "-got in the same accident as you." He turned, sitting down on a chair near the bed. "He got stuck in jet wash, Maverick unable to recover from it. The canopy didn't move, my father hitting his back on the canopy when ejecting-" he paused, feeling his voice getting shaky and uneven, "-breaking his back and killing him on impact."

(Y/n) didn't know how to respond, tiredness having a strong hold on her.

"I felt-" He shook his head, running a hand through his hair, "-so guilty, is this how Iceman felt?" He muttered.

(Y/n) cleared her throat, "Im right here though." She pointed out, weakly smiling. "And I'll be damned if I can't fly again."

Rooster let out a small chuckle at this, though just sighed heavily, the small smile that formed at the joke fading away.

"I just couldn't live with myself if I were the reason I wouldn't ever get to see you again." He spoke quietly, guilt and sadness lacing his tone, "The whole time, you were in a coma, all I could think about is what if you never woke up." He chuckled weakly, trying to hide the fact he was ready to break down.

(Y/n) released, for the umpteenth time today, a sigh, fighting to keep her eyes open.

"Why were you so adamant on getting Hangman?" (Y/n) switched away from the topic, not wanting to make the male feel worse than he already was.

Though those were her intentions, it only seemed to make him feel worse. He started shifting uncomfortably in his spot, eyes looking away from her own.

(Y/n) squinted her eyes in suspicion, "Can you get Hangman back in here?" She cleared her throat, ignoring the slight metallic taste in her mouth.

Rooster nodded, opening the door, Hangman immediately coming in a moment later.

"So-" (Y/n) took a deep breath, "-why were you two fighting like idiots?"

Hangman reacted the same, shifting uncomfortably in his spot, before Rooster nudged him.

Hangman looked at him, eyebrow lifted, Rooster nudging his head in (Y/n)'s direction, only for Hangman to shake his head.

These gestures went on for a minute, (Y/n) watching with an eyebrow raised as they had this silent conversation only them two could understand.

Right then, Phoenix came in, a glass of water in hand, ignoring the awkward atmosphere that formed while she was gone.

Phoenix helped the female sit up, (Y/n) grunting in pain, her one good arm over her torso in pain. Once she was propped up, she grabbed the water glass with a shaky hand, bringing it to her lips, drinking it in three firm gulps.

Once it was gone, (Y/n) sighed in satisfaction, the irritation and itchiness in her throat being parched.

"Thank you Phoenix." Her voice came out more smooth, her leaning back against the pillows, trying to make herself as comfortable as possible. 

Phoenix then turned to the males standing awkwardly, "If you two don't confess, I'm going to beat you to it." She put her hands on her waist, smirking at the males.

Both of their eyes widened, before quickly looking to (Y/n), who was raising an eyebrow at all three of them.

"Well?" Phoenix questioned further, both males huffing, before nodding. Phoenix nodded in satisfaction at this, looking to (Y/n) and smiling. "Get better (C/s)."

Phoenix walked out without another word, glancing at the two males on her way out.

(Y/n)'s eyes were trained on the two, "What did she mean?"

Hangman and Rooster sighed, turning to glare at each other, before looking back to (Y/n).

"We like you..." Rooster muttered, (Y/n) raising an eyebrow.

"I just fell from the sky and ruptured shit, including an eardrum, you're going to have to speak up." (Y/n) sighed, before Hangman spoke up.

"We said we like you." He spoke up loudly, before realizing how loud he was, cringing.

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow at them, for the umpteenth time that day, before smiling.

"I know that." She chuckled, a cough breaking it up, her clearing her throat. "Is that why you two were being so competitive?"

Rooster and Hangman looked to each other, grumbling stuff under their breath, before (Y/n) smiled, patting the bed with her one good hand.

"Come here you idiots."

✩ The End ✩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 639 22
✨️ Random oneshots, scenarios and headcanons. ♡ • Reader is mostly female ✨️ English is not my first language, so I apologize for improper grammar or...
48K 1K 36
A collection of one-shots. Most of the characters are from anime but I also do characters from video games and rpgmaker games. Anyway, I hope you hav...
8.4K 93 4
Oneshots about girls from different franchises x Male reader. Mostly will probably be stuff from anime and games I like. It'll be updated whenever I...
793 63 11
x Reader oneshots that can also be found on my tumblr. Requests are closed (for now) Fics with smut are labelled with a (*)