Guilty Pleasure

By gmaeewrites

18+| We are enemies. We didn't know. -|Book 2 of Sicilian series| Can be read standalone- More

Aesthetics
00
01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26

04

759 13 1
By gmaeewrites

Opening my heavy eyes, I look around the unfamiliar room as my vision focuses. The room is cleaned, probably not a spec of dirt lies on the white tile. The walls are painted a tan with white wall trim. Bright lights make the room glow, looking around there is not a window in sight.

My hands are tied to a wooden chair, aswell as my ankles to the front two legs of the chair. I try to yank my hands upwards but the rope keeps my wrists down, burning my skin.

I look down at myself, seeing me still in my black dress. My thights touch together, making me realize my knives aren't there anymore.

The door opens without a creak, a tall man with light brown hair enters. His eyes are a brown shade, matching his hair color. A white scar is visible above his lip.

"Who are you?" his russian accent is thick as he speaks.

"Right to it, huh?" I don't bother hiding my italian accent.

I tilt my head to the side with a lazy grin on my lips.

"Who do you work for?" he takes a couple steps closer to me.

He isn't to bright, is he?

"Can you loosen these? They're a little tight," I nod down to the ropes.

"No."

I roll my eyes at him, a sigh comes from me.

"Who do you work for?" he repeats his last question.

I shrug my shoulder and I can see his jaw twitch. He takes the final steps closer to me, grabbing my hair, pulling my head back in a hard jerk.

I grin up at him and his fist meets my mouth. The metalic taste rises in my mouth, I spit the blood in my mouth on his face.

He wipes the blood off with the back of his hand. He reaches into his waistband, grabbing a small, black gun. He holds it to my temple and I just stare at him unamused. He clicks off the safety and I yawn, staring into his eyes.

The door opens again, light footsteps against the tiles. The gun stays to my head even as the man turns to look at who walked in.

"Boss," he greets the man.

I finally get a look at the man who walked in, Damien. I give him a toothy smile, blood still in my teeth. His grey eyes glance over to the man with the gun to my head.

Damien pokes his tongue through his cheek, his eyebrows raise slightly at the man.

"What part of 'don't lay a finger on her' did you not understand, Ivan?" his russian accent is deep.

"Boss, I-" he doesn't get a chance to finish.

Damien raises his gun, aiming it at Ivan's head and he pulls the trigger. His body falls back, smacking against the tile. He rolls his eyes at the body, blood surrounds the head of the body.

"Uccisore?" I refer to his nickname.

The man standing infront of me is the man that has only caused pain to my family, but we've done the same thing back to his. He is the man my family wants drained of blood until there is no life left in him.

He smirks, the dimple showing on his right cheek.

"Vittoria," he says my middle name.

He has no clue who I am, I'm assuming.

"Is your name really Damien, Uccisore?" I ask him.

He takes a step closer to me, his legs almost touching mine. He raises his thumb to my chin, wiping it. When he pulls his thumb away, blood stains his finger.

"Asking questions, yet you're the one bound to a chair?" Damien says, looking me over.

I narrow my eyes at him, and he nods.

"My name is Damien, Damien Sidorov," he tells me.

Sidorov, the name is familiar. A Sidorov was arrested one month ago for involvment in the drug trade. The guy was in his late fifties so possibly Damien's father or uncle.

"I'm guessing your name isn't Vittoria, hm?" I shrug my shoulders.

I know better than to tell anything about myself or what I'm entwined in.

"If you don't talk, we're just going to keep you here until you do," he threatens.

"As if me saying anything would get me anywhere," I scoff.

He crosses his arms, taking a couple steps back.

"So you admit you are hiding secrets?" he says as if he just solved a big theory.

"You didn't think me try to kill your brother was enough to show that?" I try to contain my laugh.

He sighs, turning around, heading towards the door.

"Make yourself comfortable, you'll be here a while, Vittoria," he says without turning around.

"Kind of hard to when I'm tied to a chair," I call out when he shuts the door behind him.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

While stuck in one spot I have had my thoughs running. One of the top things on my mind as of right now is where Matteo is. He didn't respond to me before all of this happened, so is he even alive? I can't ask anything or they'd know that I don't work alone.

The moment I get out of these restrains I'm going to get out of here. I have heard people pass the room many times since I've been here.

The door opens for a third time today, this time Damien and his brother. I study the blonde, his eyes are a light blue, his middle finger has a skull just like the one Damien wears, both brother dress in black suits. 

I look back and forth between them with a glare. The both go to either side of me. Each of them takes out a knife, cutting at the rope. 

I thought they'd be smart. 

When the rope is off from wrists, I rub them together as they ache. Both brothers kneel infront of me and I smirk. The cut the rope at my ankle, just as the rope breaks free, I grab the blondes head, hitting it forward againsts the arm of the chair.

He grabs his nose in pain, a groan leaves his throat. Before Damien has time to react, I take the knife from his brother who is distracted to his bleeding nose.

I grab his brother's hair as he kneels on the floor, trying to stop the blood.

"I won't hesitate to kill him," my nose flares as my words leave out harsh.

"Vittoria," he raises both of his hands, the knife in the right.

"Drop it," he opens his palm and the knife falls, the sound of the metal hitting the tile echos within the room.

He takes a step closer and I push the knife harder against the blondes throat. A drip of blood gets on the blade. Damien takes a step back.

"You will take me to my things you took from me," I demand him.

Damien shares a look with his brother, I can see the blonde's cheek lift from behind. Knowing they are planning something, I take the knife back, kneeing him in the back. He falls foreward, before he can fully get up I ran to the door.

"If you step out that door, you aren't getting far. There are hundreds of men on this floor," I smile at his words.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take."

He lunges towards me, I'm quick to open the door, slamming it in his face. I run down the hall, passing no one in this singular hall. At the end of the hall there are two ways I could go, they'll split up.

I turn right and the sounds of heavy footsteps down the hall are heard. I stop at a white door, stepping inside. Looking around the room, it's completely empty, only a dimly lit light fills the room.

Resting my palms on my knees, I catch my breath, my eyes staying on the door knob.

The sounds of doors slamming open and shut get closer, as the footsteps get nearer.

The doorknob starts to turn and I straighten my body. The door opens and Damien's tall figure stands in the doorway.

"I was hoping it would be your brother to find me so I could get this mission over with," I roll my eyes.

"You really shouldn't have ran, Vittoria," he tells me.

"Who are you?" he asks, taking a step forward.

"You're naive, did you know that?" I take a step closer to him.

He nearly closes the space between us. Lifting the knife by my side, I point to tip at the center of his chest.

"I'd die before I tell you anything," I look into his grey eyes, putting more pressure on the knife.

He goes to speak but stops when the door opens. Atleast fifteen men walk in, all neatly dressed.

He smiles at me, grabbing my hand that holds the blade.

"You're playing with fire, Vittoria," he signals something to the men behind me.

Two different people come up from behind me, grabbing my wrists. They pull me back until my back is hitting against them.

I send daggers his way as I'm forced out the room. The men take me down the hall, back to the room I was in before.

I try to fight them as they tie me back down to the chair but it's no use as the other men hold me down. 

They share words in russian, then a lady with bright red hair walks in. She carries a white bag in her hand, dropping it beside my chair. She tells the men something and they all back away.

She takes a blue rubber ribbon from her bag, wrapping it around my arm. She takes a needle, stabbing it into the crease of my elbow. I try to move my arm away but the rope keeps me still. She takes a small glass vial, filling it with my blood.

She then takes a long clear cord attached to a bag filled with fluid. She connects the cord to the needle.

I tighten my jaw, trying to fight off whatever she is trying put in me.

"Relax," is all she says before standing up.

She orders the men somethine and everyone leaves the room. 

My body gets a fuzzy feeling to it within a couple minutes. My face feels heavy the longer time passes by.

The door opens and now I realize my eyes are unfocused. I can recognize it is Damien by his heigh and the way the body is built. He kneels infront of me.

"Lets get to talking, shall we?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 5.6K 50
On one fateful night, sixteen-year-old Sofia Romano had to go through one of the horrific experiences of her life. Ever since, she has been hiding in...
198 4 40
It is said that having enemies means that we fight for something. I don't know if this truth is universal but it describes my story well. Seemingly p...
26.8M 599K 35
Dominic Romanov, a mafia boss who spends the night with a beautiful woman who leaves him wanting more than what he bargained for. 𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳...