Can You Love Me Right? GxG

By CrazyAplaka1

Voldemort is back!!! And this time the wizarding world knows of his return and about Harry's and Y/N's prophe... More

Chapter 1 - Welcome Back!
Chapter 2 - Show Me How Much You Missed Me
Chapter 3 - Meeting Slughorn
Chapter 4 - The Burrow
Chapter 5 - Late Night Talks
Chapter 6 - Diagon Alley
Chapter 7 - The Train to Hogwarts
Chapter 8 - New Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher
Chapter 9 - Hufflepuff Party
Chapter 10 - Hufflepuff Party Pt.2
Chapter 11 - Its All Fun and Games Darling
Chapter 12 - Potion Masters
Chapter 13 - Don't be Jealous My Love
Chapter 14 - I'm Sorry Darling
Chapter 15 - The Pensieve
Chapter 16 - Quidditch Trials
Chapter 17 - Do You Trust Me
Chapter 18 - Dumbledore's training
Chapter 19 - Birthday girl
Chapter 20 - Hogsmeade
Chapter 21 - Nice Skin
Chapter 22 - Hidden places
Chapter 23 - Dinner Party
Chapter 24 - Quidditch Day
Chapter 25 - Weasley is our King
Chapter 26 - Regulus Black
Chapter 27 - Will you just relax
Chapter 28 - Christmas Party
Chapter 29 - Christmas Party Pt.2
Chapter 30 - The Granger's
Chapter 32 - Settling in
Chapter 33 - Under Suspicion
Chapter 34 - Lupin
Chapter 35 - A quiet new years
Chpater 36 - Happy Birthday Y/N
Chapter 37 - Birthday surprise
Chapter 38 - A night out in london
Chapter 39 - Dumbledore Returns
Chapter 40 - New changes
Chapter 41 - Failed task

Chapter 31 - Death Eater Attack

1.6K 57 13
By CrazyAplaka1

It's been a few days since Y/N's arrival at the burrow. It's Christmas Eve and Remus and Tonks have joined the Weasley family plus Harry and Y/N for a lovely dinner prepared by Mrs Weasley. The house glows with light and holiday music rings through the house. Fred and George fill cups with steaming nog and Mrs Weasley and Ginny ferry plates of food down the table.

"Eat up, eat up, everyone! There's more to come!" Mrs Weasley says and Y/N grabs a plate for herself and sits by Remus and Tonks. Both of them are in deep conversation with Harry and Mr Weasley whilst Ron sits quietly listening.

"Draco's plotting something" Harry starts "I know it's something to do with Voldemort. He's been given a task or a mission and Snape was offering to help."

"Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?" Mr Weasley inquires and Harry nods

"We don't know for certain" Y/N says "but that's what we heard"

"I know it sounds mad-" Harry adds

"Has it occurred to you, Harry, that Snape was simply pretending to offer Draco help so that he could find out what he's up to?" Lupin says looking rather tired

Harry frowns "That's not what it sounded like."

"Perhaps Harry's right, Remus." Tonks says placing a comforting hand on Lupin's "To make an Unbreakable Vow, after all-"

"It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgement." Lupin replies "He trusts Snape. Therefore, I do."

"But Dumbledore can make mistakes." Harry says "He's said it himself-"

"You're blinded by hatred." Lupin replies firmly

"I'm not-" Harry argues

"You are!" Lupin replies sharply causing Harry to stop "People are disappearing, Harry. Daily. We can only put our trust in a handful of people. If we start fighting amongst ourselves, we're doomed."

Harry stands up looking defeated "I'm not hungry" he says and walks upstairs.

Y/N sighs and turns back to Remus and Tonks "he'll be fine. He's just been obsessed with the fact that Draco could be a death eater and can't let it go"

"I'm surprised your not" Tonks says and Y/N chuckles

"It didn't say I wasn't curious, but Harry isn't seeing the full picture," Y/N says "I think something bigger is happening at Hogwarts, I just don't know what"

"Don't go looking for trouble Y/N" Remus warns and the Ravenclaw smiles

"I never do" the Ravenclaw replies "trouble has a knack for finding me"

-----------------------------------------------------

Some time has passed over dinner and Harry has made an appearance downstairs. He sits on the couch in the living room, seeming to be lost in thought. Y/N sighs and stands in the archway thinking about how she is going to try and cheer up Harry's mood.

"Whatcha doing," Ginny says quietly holding a tray of small tarts

"Ginny" The Ravenclaw smiles "Can I have one"

"Sure" the Weasley girl replies and Y/N takes a tart and plops it in her mouth "what do you think"

Y/N nods her head "they're not bad, they're at least edible"

"Oh shut up you," Ginny says causing the Ravenclaw to laugh "you can be an ass you know that"

"I've been told," Y/N replies smugly then looks back to Harry "Ginny if you have any way of cheering Harry up, now would be the time to tell me"

Ginny sighs "He gets like this a lot"

"Yeah, but I do too," Y/N says "and Harry has always been better at comforting people than me, the only person that I can seem to calm down is Hermione"

Ginny chuckles "It's because you guys love each other and are honestly so in sync with one another that's is a little freaky at times. I wish I could have something like that though"

"So you and Dean-"

"We- I broke up with him," Ginny says and Y/N puts a hand on the younger Weasley's shoulder

"I'm sorry Ginny," Y/N says sincerely "You will find someone who'll adore you for who you are and won't ask you to change because they love everything about you"

Ginny smiles "maybe I already have," she says looking back at Harry, a small smile forming on her lips.

"You go cheer him up," Y/N says and Ginny looks surprised "he'd want to see you more than me"

Ginny smiles and goes over to Harry and sits next to him. She offers him a tart which the raven-haired boy takes a bite of and smiles. She smiles at him, and hooks her ginger hair over one ear.

"Pie" Ron says from behind Y/N startling her

"Bloody hell Ron" the Ravenclaw scolds and Ron shrugs

"Sorry I though you heard me" Ron says with a tray of fruit mince pies "wanna pie"

Y/N sighs and takes a pie. she takes a bite "these are really good, don't tell me you made these"

Ron smiles "mum made them of course. Do you think Harry would want one, you know to cheer him up"

"Ron I think-" Y/N starts

"I'll go give him one" Ron says and he makes his way to the living room and squeezes himself in between Harry and Ginny. The raven-haired boy acts like nothing had just happened between the Weasley girl and Ginny scowls furiously at her brother.

"Pie" Ron says and Harry shakes his head whilst Ginny takes her leave, practically storming off upstairs. Y/N just sighs and decides she'd come and join Harry now.

Y/N sits on the floor with a small smile on her lips "You feeling a little better Harry?"

the raven-haired boy nods "a little" he replies and Y/N nods

Suddenly Mr Wealsey enters the room. "Y/N, Harry come with me for a minute"

the two teenagers nod and follow Mr Wealsey. They trail him through his cluttered workshop, which is chock-a-block with muggle objects such as steam irons, toasters and clock radios. The party can still be heard, drifting faintly from the main house.

"You'll have to forgive Remus, Harry." Mr Weasley starts "It takes its toll, his condition."

"Are you alright, Mr Weasley?" Y/N asks

Arthur tries a smile, but it fades. He frowns, pained. "We're being followed, all of us. Molly doesn't leave the house most days. It's not been easy."

Harry nods "Did you get my owl?"

"Yes, but I thought it best if I replied in person." Mr Weasley says "If Dumbledore's travelling, it's news to the Ministry. But perhaps that's the way Dumbledore wants it. As for Draco Malfoy, I know a bit more."

"Go on," Harry says eagerly

"I sent an agent to Borgin & Burkes. From what you describe, I think what you and Y/N saw at the end of the summer. The object that Draco seemed so interested in was a vanishing cabinet."

"A vanishing cabinet?" Y/N says "I didn't think they were around anymore"

"What is a vanishing cabinet," Harry says

"They were all the rage when Voldemort first rose to power." Mr Wealsey starts "You can imagine the appeal. Should the Death Eaters come calling, one needed only slip inside and disappear for an hour or two. But they're tricky contraptions. Require a tremendous amount of looking after. Eventually, they fell out of favour."

"What happened to it? The one at Borgin & Burkes?" Harry inquires

"Nothing. It's still there." Mr Weasley says and Harry nods, pondering this. "Harry, Y/N. You know, I went through all this before, the last time around. Times like these, dark times, do funny things to people. It can bring them together and it can tear them apart. Things speed up. It's what happens when you don't know if today will be your last."

The two teenagers look at each other then backto Mr Weasley "thank you Mr Weasley"

"Lets go head back to the party you two" Mr Weasley replies and they follow him back into the house.

----------------------------------------------------------

The festivities are over and everyone is tired and getting ready for bed, On the porch, Molly and Arthur, looking middle-aged and fragile, say goodbye to Lupin and Tonks. Y/N join as well, wanting to say goodbye to her cousin. While the others talk, Lupin stands a bit off to the side, staring into the reeds. His nostrils flare subtly.

"see ya Tonks" Y/N says giving her older cousin a tight embrace

"Bye Y/N" Tonks says "stay safe and look out for Harry"

"Will do" Y/N says with a small smile then Tonks turns to Mrs Weasley

"It was delicious, Molly. Really." Tonks says and Mrs Weasley smiles

"You're sure you won't stay?" Mrs Weasley asks

"No, we should go. The first night of the cycle is always the worst-"  Tonks says gesturing vaguely to the moon. Arthur glances at Lupin.

"Remus?" Mr Weasley asks but Lupin continues to peer into the reeds. His pupils contract.

"Sweetheart-" Tonks says touching his arm but his gaze does not leave the reeds

"There's someone out there. I can smell him." Lupin says "and there's more than one-"

Suddenly, throughout the reeds torches blaze. Flames snake out of the reeds and slither toward the house. Bellatrix emerges, peering up through the darkness, a mad grin on her face. As she shrieks eerily, Y/N's eyes flash with hatred and she holds her wand tightly in her hand. Harry suddenly bursts through the front door, wand drawn, and pelts toward Bellatrix. She grins, turns, and vanishes into the reeds.

"Harry, no!" Remus shout but he continues to run. Y/N's protective nature kicks in and she races after Harry without a second thought.

"Y/N! Come back here" Mrs Weasley shouts but she doesn't listen and follows Harry into the reeds. Flames race up the porch steps and climb the walls of the house. Lupin draws his wand and races after Harry and Y/N.

"Remus!" Tonks shouts but he heads straight for the reeds. Ron, Fred and George appear and join Arthur as he dashes toward the smoking marsh. Arthur glances back as Ginny emerges.

"Ginny, stay with your mother!" Mr Weasley says but without hesitation, she races for the reeds.

"Ginny!" Mrs Weasley cries but she follows the others into the reeds

"I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK, I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK" Bellatrix taunts as she runs through the marsh with Harry and Y/N not fair behind.

Y/N runs through the marsh, reeds flashing past but then she spies Bellatrix with Harry chasing behind. Bellatrix grins, looking like a crazed wood nymph, then flits off, her laughter mocking both of them. As he pursues, fire snakes through the reeds toward them.

"Harry Stop!" Y/N shouts and but he continues to chase Bellatrix down

"Y/N!" Ginny's voice cuts through the reeds causing the Ravenclaw to stop her pursuit on Harry. Ginny, copper hair gleaming, emerges from the reeds.

"Ginny! What are you doing here" Y/N says

"Same as you running after Harry" the Weasley girl replies, her chest heaving as she peers into the smoking marsh.

Suddenly a huge figure quivers through a veil of smoke. Y/N's eyes shift to see Bellatrix racing forward through the reeds, then back as the veil of smoke evaporates, revealing Greyback. Y/N and Ginny both raise their wands at Greyback who smiles devilishly.

"It may be too late to save friends Black" Greyback taunts

Y/N's mind races at his words but she holds her wand steady with Ginny doing the same. Suddenly Harry appears beside them with his wand raised

"Stupefy!" He casts but Greyback blocks and smiles devilishly before aparating into black smoke.

The three of them all huddle together with there backs turned to each other and wands raised. It's awfully quiet as the hold there wands for the ready and stare deeply into the marsh for any sign  of movement. Only the rustle bushes and their shallow breathing can be heard.

"Harry!!" The sound of Remus' distant voice startles then but they stay alert.

Suddenly spells are fired upon them and all the trio can do is block from them. They were too open in the clearing to do any form of attack. 

"Ginny!" Arthur's voice can be heard in the distance but all they block out there pleas and focus on dodging the on going spells.

Just then, Remus and Tonk's enter the clearing helping the teenager block the spells. They stand protectively around them as they wait for the Death Eaters next move. Not a moment later Arthur joins too shielding the teenagers as well.

Y/N can see Harry protectively shield Ginny whilst she grabs his hand hoping to was her nerves. Tonk's stands close to Y/N wanting to keep her cousin safe but Y/N steps forward and the two share a look and stand side by side wanting to protect each other.

Suddenly, the death eaters apartate into black smoke leaving the group confused only to find out that they have set fire to the burrow which shoots up in flames.

"Molly" Arthur says his voice full of worry and he runs off back to the house with the others following behind.

As Y/N and the others slowly step out of the reed they stare at each other wordlessly.Ron, Fred, George and Molly stand outside the burrow their faces distraught, particularly. All around them, the reeds smoke dies down but the houses flames still rise. All annoying can do is watch in horror. Arthur does his best to comfort his wife but Molly's tears continue to fall.

"where do we go now" George says cutting the dreadful silence in the air.

"We know who" Harry says turning to Y/N who understands exactly what the raven-haired boy means.

"I'll make the call"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 7.6K 35
• Harry X Reader • Y/N has a crush on the boy who lived, but who wouldn't? He's a brave Gryffindor with the looks to match. But after the events of...
35.8K 1.7K 30
The Dark Lord returns! Voldemort is back, but no one else believes you. And why? Because he's vanished. No word as to where he's gone, who he's spea...
146K 4.7K 50
After the Triwizard Tournament, Y/N Black felt different. She got angrier more easily and felt trapped in her own thoughts regularly. Thankfully Herm...
581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...