Chapter 22 - Hidden places

Y/N sits deep in thought in the library with Hermione by her side, already busily scribbling down answers on a piece of parchment. The Ravenclaw had a lot to think about and had spent the last few hours stuck in her own thoughts.

She though about the possibility of her cousin being a death eater, Voldemort being back and how awfully quiet he's been which isn't a good sign. Also the nagging pain in her scar wasn't helping and she still needed a place where she can practise her wandless magic in secret. It was a lot to think about.

"Y/N are you alright" Hermione says placing a comforting hand on her girlfriend's arm who flinches as she is taken out of her thoughts

"Huh, yeah" the Ravenclaw responds "I'm just-"

"focusing on something else" Hermione says with an understanding smile on her lips. At that moment Y/N stomach starts to grumble and the Gryffindor girl laughs "hungry?"

"It seems so" Y/N chuckles "sorry we're you going to ask me something"

"No, I'll figure it out later" Hermione replies

Y/N rolls her eyes "what's the question"

"I'm trying to figure out what ingredient I'm missing to make the Confusing Concoction" Hermione says and Y/N looks over at her parchment

"you know the answer" the Ravenclaw says encouragingly "but if you want I can-"

"No I don't need help" Hermione interrupts and stares at the parchment, as if it's about to burst into flames at any moment.

Y/N chuckles. She finds her girlfriends determination cute "It's scurvy grass"

Hermione huffs and writes the answer down "thank you"

"Your welcome my love" Y/N replies and her stomach rumbles once more causing both girls to laugh "okay now can we go I'm hungry"

Hermione smiles and stands, packing her belongings "alright let's go get some food in you"

-------------------------------------------------------—

The great hall was filled with students, all laughing and joking with friends as they eat the feasts displayed on the four tables. Y/N and the group all sit at the Gryffindor table talking about the recent events of this week. Y/N however barely touches her food, only eating enough to calm her restless stomach and zoned out once again.

"So how's Katie doing" Ron asks and Harry sighs

"she's still in the hospital wing" the raven-haired boy says "Apparently she's doing a lot better"

"Will she be back for quidditch" Jorden asks and Harry shakes his head

"I don't think so" Harry says "at least not the first game"

Flo huffs and takes a small bite of her salad "Why would someone curse her and try giving the necklace to Dumbledore"

"True, the thing looks ghastly, no one would bloody wear it" Cal says "It definitely doesn't fit the headmasters wardrobe"

"And how would you know what the headmasters style is" Ron says and the Slytherin boy smirks

"Because Ron, the gays know how to dress themselves rather fashionably" Cal replies

"Are you telling me the Professor Dumbledore is gay" Flo says a little shocked and Cal smirks

"Professor Dumbledore isn't gay," Ron says "I just thought he was one of those wizards who didn't date anyone"

"Well he was born in a time were being gay was seen as a crime" Jorden says and Hermione nods

"It would make sense for him to not exactly boast his sexuality around like two people I know" Hermione says Cal grins