World's Greatest Thief vs. Wo...

By TheDaleyFlames

Dive into a whirlwind adventure where YOU are Chase Devineaux, ACME's top operative! ️‍♂️ Forget everything y... More

Intro
Chapter 1(Meeting the thief)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chpater 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Bonus chapter: The Crimson Cape Comes Undone: Chase Captures Carmen

Chapter 8

1K 38 9
By TheDaleyFlames

The meme we of VILE were in their base discussing the card that the found.

Maelstrom: So, do tell us, Dr Bellum, who in the world is this Y/n, L/n?

Bellum: Formerly an inspector of Interpol. Any current assignment is completely unknown. L/n was quietly transferred from his department in Poitiers, France, nearly six month ago.

Cleo: Poitiers? Where I keep a residence?

Maelstrom: The very residence looted by Carmen Sandiego nearly six months ago. Coincidence?

Grunt: L/n was there that night. Black sheep delivered Crackle to him on the train to Paris, wrapped up all pretty with a bow.

Cleo: This L/n also barged into my Swiss Chateau during a dinner party, distracting me long enough to allow Carmen Sandiego to make her escape with my precious stolen Vermeer painting in tow. And to think I had suspected the charming duke of being her inside man.

Maelstrom: Then it seems that we have discerned a pattern, one which explains how Carmen Sandiego has repeatedly fouled out plans with such a high rate of success.

Bellum: She isn't working alone.

Grunt: Sounds to me like we have ourselves a plan B, as in "bait."

Cleo: Catch Y/n, L/n and we finally catch the  elusive Carmen Sandiego.

Maelstrom: We're calling back Agent Krugen and we'll put Paper Star on the case. She led us to ACME, after all.

Shadowsan: This is not child's play. We do not know if Black sheep has partnered with a rogue policeman or a high-level law enforcement agency.

Maelstrom: Then whom would you suggest we send, Shadowsan?

Shadowsan: I will go.

Next scene.

Chief: Agent L/n, you are not taking things in your hands right now! Somehow Carmen was somehow able to slip past you every chance she gets. I see you're doing your best but your best isn't enough right now! Now please tell you still have your communicator pen in your possession.

Y/n: Uh, yes, chief.

Chief: Now stand still.

Some sort of bot came over them.

Chief: ACME's virtual tailor. You've both been fitted for regulation suits. By the way, fine work securing the Magna Carta, Agent L/n. Saving the symbol of democracy. I could see that you're not totally off your game!

After that, he walked out the room with Julia.

Y/n: Thanks for all your hard work Ms.Argent. I say that this Carmen Sandiego is one slippery roo but I can't change my mind off of her.

Julia: As always, it's my pleasure to work as your partner.

Y/n: I hope you're not referring to Le femme Rogue as your silent partner. We still don't have enough proof to show that she is working against Vile.

Julia: I personally think that Carmen Sandiego isn't working for VILE to begin with. She doesn't seem to be in cahoot with them. She just leaving it there for us to find. She returned stolen Vermeer to museums and ten-million-dollar postage stamps to children's charities.

Y/n: Let it be clear that it was I was gotten the stamp and the Magna Carta. So I'm not so sure about that. And stealing things only to return them makes absolutely no sense.

Julia: I agree, which is why I do not believe she's steaming these things to begin with.

Y/n: Alright then, what I see is that she is returning stolen things so she could make herself look like some hero and the police force to look like imbeciles. That's a high guess.

Julia: Well, it could be that but I still believe that she's not stealing anything. There's got to be something more to that.

Y/n: Well, there's a whole lot to learn but I just know for sure that there is something nefarious about her.

Julia: Have you forgotten to factor VILE into any of your thinking?

Y/n: Oh yeah, Chief have been proving it have existed for years and there's no trace of that either. And quite frankly, I think that it would be best for you to go home, Ms. Argent.

Julia: But sir...

Y/n: Now, you have been having a stressful day lately so please, take the time to get some rest.

Julia: Okay, sir.

Julia then turned around to leave.

Y/n: I just know Carmen Sandiego is out there somewhere. I wonder what she is doing? I bet she is planning something at this very moment.

Next scene.

Carmen was at the beach just relaxing.

Carmen: Player, what have you got for me?

Player: Itching for a caper already, red? After one-upping, your ex-instructor, I figured you'd finally be ready to take that well-deserved vacay.

Carmen: Chilling makes me fidgety. And trust me , Shadowsan's already plotting his next move.

Ivy: Hey, Carm, check it out!

Ivy had spilt herself a sand castle.

Ivy: VILE central. Wicked Wicked, right?

Zack was seen surfing and Whooping in the waves before descending to the ground by the waves and landing on Ivy, ruining her sand castle in the process. Carmen continued talking to player.

Carmen: Besides, I was raised on a tropical paradise. Not my idea of R&R. You sure there's nothing else you can turn up on the hard drive?

Player: It's been a while since you snatched it from VILE. We've pretty much combed through every last bit on data on here, Red. You may need to sneak back to the isle of VILE and bring the rain all over again.

Carmen: No, Player. I am never going back to VILE island.

Next scene.

A giant helicopter came flying right over VILE island. It was landing in near. Coming out of it, reveals a tall muscular built wearing trench coat cowboy like figure.

Agent Krugen: Hello, mates.

Maelstrom: Welcome aboard, we need you to help us infiltrate Carmen and her so called partner.

Krugen then spits on the ground.

Krugen: Sure, it would be a real pleasure.

Shadowsan: I'm not so sure of bringing him on board. Let me go instead.

Maelstrom: Are you sure about that, Shadowsan? We've got a few more army of operatives to choose from.

Shadowsan: Our Carmen Sandiego problem must be tied off decisively, once and for all. It is time that she contend with one of our own in the field.

Brunt: I agree with Shadowsan 100 percent. That's right, for once. I'll go.

Krugen: Then that makes me too.

Shadowsan: Absolutely not. The coach is too soft towards her dear Black sheep and  Krugen far too dangerous to be handling this his own way.

Brunt: At one time, that stamens might have been accurate. But after she went and betrayed the only family she knew, Black sheep is dead to me. And Carmen Sandiego must pay!

Krugen: And I'll see to it that she may be dead to all of us. He's something like I did my old day. Skinning and gutting sheep in my free time.

Maelstrom: Well, all in favor of both Shadowsan, Krugen and coach Brunt attending to this matter?

Everyone, except Shadowsan raised their hands.

Next scene.

Y/n was at his home, attending himself a cup of tea and getting himself looking fresh.

Y/n: Was today hard for me and Argent. I hope that wasn't too hard on her. She's just doing her best and I guess I should be a whole lot nicer to her. Whatever.

After he was done with his cup of tea, he went to brush his teeth. His toothpaste began to become foamy so he took a look and saw that it was from VILE. After that, he fell on the ground, unconscious. Two men came in and dragged him away.

Next scene.

Carmen was sitting down, staring at the sun until Player decide to communicate with her.

Player: Red?

Carmen: Yes, it is. I may finally be unwinding, Player.

Player: Don't get too comfy. I was poking around on the deep dark web to see what I could scrape up, and I stumbled on a massages for you.

Carmen: What does it say?

Player: " If Carmen Sandiego wants to see her partner Y/n, L/n again, she needs to surrender."

Carmen: Partner? The keycard. They'll never let L/n walk away.

Player: It smells like a trap.

Carmen: Of course it's a trap, which is why I'll need to be cautious. Now where they keeping him?

Next scene.

Y/n was slowly waking up in a strange dark room.

Y/n: Huh?

Chief: Bonjour. Hard way or way?

Krugen: I'll love to go for the hard way.

Y/n: What do you want? Are you here to issue my replacement keycard? Or an autograph?

Brunt: Spill it, sugar. ACME.

Y/n: Oh they're these strange little dots that show up on your face here and then.

Brunt: Not acne, ACME! I've seen your keycard.

Shadowsan then pulled out his sword.

Shadowsan: What can you tell us about Carmen Sandiego?

Y/n: Seriously? I thought you work for her, do not? Why would I tell you anything?

Brunt began reaching for something.

Y/n: Wait. Must we do this the hard way?

Brunt: Oh, no, handsome. The easy with a little something we like to call "the truth extractor."

She placed a device onto his head that powered on.

Outside, there was bot watching it all which was powered by Ivy.

Ivy: I got a visual, Carmen.

She then heard some singing from Y/n:

Ivy: And audio.

Brunt: What is he crooning about?

Krugen: He's singing a national anthem.

Shadowsan: He is attempting to cloud his mind to keep from telling the truth.

Brunt: I'd spill the beans, sweet pea. Prolonged use of this device is not recommended. The longer it clings to your brain pan, the more you risk it permanent scrambling your eggs.

She shoved a rag in his mouth to muffle his singing.

Brunt: Give it a minute. He'll be singing our tune.

After a while, Y/n began to talk.

Y/n: ACME is a covert surveillance organization, dedicated to learning everything.

Shadowsan: About what?

Y/n: Something that is yet to be proven to exist.

Brunt: Try us.

Y/n: Sounds so much like "bile."

Brunt: And what exactly do they know about this "bile"?

Before they could continue, there was a thudding on the window from the bot.

Shadowsan: I will attend to this.

Shadowsan then exits out of the room.

Brunt: Who went and made him the boss of me. Wait here and watch over him.

Once Brunt left, Y/n been keeping something in his pocket that was helping break the cuff. Once the cuff was broken, he broke free and throw the device off his head.

Krugen: Ah yes, that's more like it. Time to dance. On your grave.

Once he came at him, Y/n was able to block and dodge most of his attack but the device use was still messing with his head. Krugen was able to catch one of his fist and it turns out that his hand was prosthetic claw. He pulled Y/n and head butted him, causing his nose to bleed.

Krugen: This is going to be delicious. The last time I had a cop as a hostage, I must admit I did go a tad overboard but the cop did put off a fight and it made it so sweet for all the effort. I enjoyed every second off it. As I did with local visitors and tourists.

Y/n went in for a punch but kicked his leg instead so he could be able to trip and then go for a punch.

Krugen: Ah, yes. Now that's make it all for the effort. When I'm through with you, you're gonna wish that you were dead already.

He took out his knife and braced him. When Y/n went for a punch, he grabbed his fist and stabbed him in the side and drawing blood in the process.

Krugen: I just can't wait to see reactions similar to the rest of them.

Y/n was barely even able to dodge any of his stabbings. He did caught one of his swings but Krugen ended punching his bleeding wound before turning around and punching him in the spine and sending him down.

Krugen: Did I forgot to mention, the last time, I kept an agent's head as a trophy. Yours would make a fine addition to my collection. And I shall decorate my home with jars of your inside or just feed them to my hounds.

He placed knife near his throat and slowly began to press it as blood began to come out. But before he cliff further his advance, Carmen grappled in and kicked Krugen away. She then attends to Y/n.

Carmen: Come on, Y/n, we're getting you out of here.

Y/n reached for his pen and pressed to communicate with Chief.

Chief: What is it now, Y/n?

She noticed that he is unconscious. He turned around to see Carmen.

Chief: Carmen Sandiego, I presume.

Carmen then stomped on the pen on the ground.

Next scene.

Julia was in her bed when her pen began beeping. She slowly wakes up to answer it before putting on her glasses.

Chief: Agent Argent, we have a man down. Your partner.

Julia:(surprised) What?

Chief: I was able to triangulate L/n's exact location moments before I lost contact. I've called in the local gendarme.

Next scene.

Carmen was struggling to carry Y/n.

Carmen: Come on, L/n, we need to get you out before it's too-

Brunt: Too late.

Brunt enters and closes it behind.

Carmen: Coach Brunt.

Carmen: Long way from campus, aren't you?

Brunt: You didn't expect to move away from home without a visit from mama bear, did you? And I'm not sure I approve of the tall, handsome, law-abiding company you're keeping these days.

Carmen: Rebound relationship. Needed a change after the criminals and psychopaths.

Krugen slowly recovered.

Krugen: Ow, now that wasn't very nice of you. Someone outta teach you some manners.

Brunt: You know I can't let you leave again, lambkins.

Carmen: That's what I figured.

Carmen grappled to the ceiling but Brunt grabbed her by the leg before throwing to the ground. Carmen looked up ahead to Krugen coming straight at her. She was able to avoid his first attack but she didn't avoid when he slashed at her side. He grabbed her kick and just tossed her straight towards coach Brunt who then throw her to the wall.

Brunt: Did you learn nothing in school? Always protect the face, and never enter a room without an exit plan.

Carmen took up a nearby wrench and was able to hit Krugen unexpectedly in the face with as Brunt dodged her swing but didn't expect the taser to the gut. Brunt grabbed her arm and knocked the taser away as well as the wrench. Just as she did avoid Brunt's grab, she wasn't able to avoid when Krugen grabbed her and slashed her a few more to the side, she was able to push him back. Brunt grabbed her by the coat, pulling it off in the process as her tools and gadgets fell out. She then tore it in half. Brunt grabbed her fist and then hit her back.

Brunt: I know how much you want to get out and see the world, pumpkin, but trust me, it's a world of hurt.

Carmen: You rescued me from the side of a road, only to lure me here so you can pound me into dust?

Brunt:(laughs) Believe you me, lambkins, that is one stone you do not want to turn. But I promise to let bygones be bygones if you be good little sheep and come back to the island with the rest of the flock.

Carmen: Then you better pound harder because I am never going back to VILE island.

Brunt: After every little thing we've ever done for you. Come here, little cub.

It may seem like a harmless hug at first but then Brunt started to squeezed making Carmen groan.

Brunt: Let mama bear give you one last hug, good bye.

Brunt squeezed as Carmen gasp and groan for air. She was stopped when Shadowsan grabbed the back of her neck to make her fall. Before Krugen could get the chance to react, Shadowsan quickly went into hiding before too, knocking him unconscious.

Carmen: Still infighting, huh? Well, I wasn't going back with coach and I'm definitely not going back with you.

As Shadowsan approached her, she reached for the wrench for self defense.

Shadowsan: I did not come here to take you back.

He swiped his sword but he only cut the lock that was on the ground.

Carmen: I... I don't understand.

Shadowsan: Follow me now, no questions.

Carmen: What?

Shadowsan: That is a question.

There were sirens in the back. They gestures to Y/n's unconscious body.

Shadowsan: The police will attend to him. And they will lock us up if we are still here when they do.

Carmen: I'll take my chances with them, thank you.

Shadowsan: The police are the least of my concerns. Do you really not realize that being trapped in a  cell would far more easily allow VILE to reach us?

Carmen: Reach us?

Shadowsan: Stubborn as always back sheep. Can you not see that we are in this together now?

Carmen: We've always been in this together, haven't we?

Carmen placed down the wrench.

Carmen:  it was you. You were the one that found me.

Shadowsan: You are in no condition to leave here on your own. Please.

As they leave, Y/n got up, injured and walked outside. He saw police and as soon as he was out, he instantly collapsed. Julia was the one that got to his side. Meanwhile Shadowsan helped Carmen out.

Shadowsan: Does it hurt when you breathe in?

Carmen: Argentina, tell me everything, now.

Shadowsan: Thereks nothing more to tell.  As strange as it seem, even someone like me is incapable of turning his back on an abandoned baby.

Carmen: If you were such a sensitive guy, why have you been such a jerk to me?

Shadowsan: Unlike the other meme bees of our faculty, I did not wish for you to succeed in crime school... because I could not bear the thought of you being faced with having to choose a path of evil.

Carmen: You knew I'd never accept; and you knew what they'd do to me when I said no. You failed me because you were trying to protect me. And?

Shadowsan:(sighs) Yes, the coat was empty.

Carmen: I knew it!(groans)

Shadowsan: And you were never anything less than the very finest pickpocket in your class. I sent Tigress to San Francisco knowing you would enjoy proving that to her all over again.

Carmen: So, why now? Why tonight?

Shadowsan: I feared VILE finally succeed in stopping you, so it once again seemed the right time to intervene.

Carmen: Again?

Shadowsan: I was not trying ti harm you on the night of your escape from the island. I was trying to join you.

Carmen: I guess I scare easy when I see a drawn sword.

Shadowsan: I felt it was a necessary ruse. Though, did you not wonder why the cleaners never pursued you in the helicopter?

Carmen: No way!

Shadowsan: A great burden was lifted from me the night of your escape, believing that you would begin a new life somewhere. I never fathomed that you dedicate your life to destroying VILE, which complicated things for me, to say the least.

Shadowsan then leaves as Y/n was taken away in an ambulance.

Please vote and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

873K 18.2K 60
"You got the attention from a santo" another oscar diaz fanfic woahh I dont own on my block but the ideas in this book that arent in the show are mi...
3.6K 479 37
|| Highest ranking yet #7 in action || || Editing on hold || There is a thin line difference between Revenge and Vengeance "Revenge" is more spit...
562K 7.3K 37
𝗜𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗟𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗖𝗿𝗮𝘄𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗥𝘂𝗱𝘆 𝗣𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗼𝘄 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳𝗳...
34.2K 950 44
Carmen Sandiego isn't afraid of sacrificing herself for her family and for the world that she loves so dearly. So when VILE is planning something tha...