Just One Chance(Rewritten) Ry...

By shawdss

Aaliyah Fenty is a 21year old student currently attending the USC campus. She was born in the limestone islan... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10- Nae Day
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 37
Part 36
New book on block 🚨
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Explanation/SpoilerπŸ‘€
Part 51
Part 52
Character Update
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 131
Part 132

Part 72

1.6K 83 7
By shawdss

Lily POV

"Okay now c'mon you got these folks looking at us." I said handing her back her phone.

Danny and I are spending some time at a fair tonight. Well, we've been here from earlier this evening actually so we're leaving in a bit. It's been a while since I've been to a fair. Danny is always down for a good time out of the house so we said why not? She's even more down to ride out since she got her own whip from Christmas. Danny drove us to Canada early this afternoon and we've been like tourists since because baby I can really count on one hand the number of times I've been here.

"I'm surprised my big bro ain't hit you up yet. He must be itching to call you to make sure I ain't being a bad influence on his lil mamas." She teased.

Things have been good with Dave and I so far. It's already four months since we've been dating and after the last big argument we had it's been going great. Dave really did have a talk with Millie and honestly I'm glad because she's been in a shell ever since. I haven't seen her come to his crib not once because he made it clear to her that she can't just pop up at his crib unannounced and whatever like that should've been obvious but whatever. I'm just relieved I haven't been involved in no drama. The back and forth was getting tiring.
*Incoming Call from Daysha🤍🐘*

Sis

Y'all on y'all way back Lily?

Yeah why?

We're in the Bronx. Dthang got shot

W-what? Is he.. like okay?

I don't know what's going on. We were at the hospital but there were too many people so we left. Mom and Dad went back home but I'm at his aunt's house with Lyrica. There was a whole shootout a while ago they said two other niggas got smoked like a block away from where we at

Aight you sure you wanna be there right now? It's sounding mad dangerous Daysha

I wanna be here. I'm inside don't worry. You coming through?

Yeah I'll pass once we get back

Okay

*Call Ended*

"What's going on?" Danny asked after hearing part of the conversation.

"A friend got shot, Daysha waiting on news so drop me off in the Bronx instead of home."

"Aight no prob, you ready to head out we can leave now."

"Yeah let's go."

Dthang is a little more than a friend though but that's the least complicated way to describe our relationship. We went to highschool together for a while before he dropped out. He been hot in the streets since our junior years and he's still heavily deep in it. We were pretty close at some point and had a little thing going on. It was complicated though. Neither of us are wanted a relationship but we used to vyb close enough to it when we were on good terms. After Jordan and I broke up w had a couple link ups I never told anyone about but I dead things with him because I was already starting to like Dave and things just weren't right. I needed time to myself like I told Dave at the time. We haven't spoken since so I got no clue how he'll react to me visiting him, if he survives of course and I really hope he does. I don't want our last conversation to be our last conversation. It was heated and we both said stuff we shouldn't have.

Daysha knew Dthang from a years ago. I introduced them when she spent summer vacation in New York at the time and they actually became friends. She has seen him since she came to New York and although she doesn't know the details on my relationship with him, she knows he liked me and we had a little something going on at some point that's it.
*
*
"Aaliyah you need to eat child." My granny scolded me. I've locked myself in my room since last night. Dthang didn't make it. I knew I would feel bad but I didn't expect to be this hurt. I seriously felt the ache in my chest. I hate losing people I had a connection with. I quietly cried myself to sleep last night but Daysha was hysterical. She cried hard when we got the news. Our dad had to console her, I'm not even sure that she got any sleep at all. It's well into the afternoon and I haven't made a move to get out of bed not have I eaten since at the fair with Danny. Strangely enough, I don't even feel hungry but I know I need food in my system that's why my granny just burst through my bedroom.

With a heavy sigh I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I wasn't surprised to see my swollen eyes in the mirror. It was obvious that I had been crying. I washed my face and took an hour long shower. I got dressed in a big tee and my boxer shorts before going downstairs.

My dad was watching a basketball game, mom was slaving over the stove preparing lunch, my granny was now sitting at the table doing a cross word puzzle and Daysha was nowhere in sight. I figured she was in her bedroom. Instead of invading her privacy I decided to get out the house. I took my moms car keys and left for the ice cream parlor. As soon as I got out the car Kairi came running towards me all in smiles.
"Hi babygirl, aww you look so pretty Kai Kai." I cooed at her little yellow sunflower dress.
"Kairi c'mon we leaving baby." I heard Millie's voice. We locked eyes but neither of us said anything, thankfully. I waved Kairi goodbye and went inside. I sat in the car eating my ice cream once I got it then decided to check with David to see if he was home. Once I got the green light I pulled off.
"You been crying mamas?" Was the first thing he gon ask as I walked in. I couldn't even lie if it was that obvious.
"Yeah but ion wanna talk about it." I said avoiding eye contact.
"Whenever you ready then." He said after a minute. I appreciated that because if I tried talking about it, I'd end up crying again.

Dave POV

"Niggas cappin all ova the net cuh. Everybody wanted that nigga head but the minute he dead they wanna fake cry for the gram." Shooter voiced.

"That's including 12. Yunno how many bodies that lil nigga had on his belt already. They was on that nigga ass like a hawk just waiting on him to slip up or better for them if someone took him out in the streets first." Loco added with a smirk.

"Yo foolies what's good!" Chris shouted as he walked through the door. He ain't been here in a little minute since he took Lori to her Pops crib in Cali.

"What's crackin cuh? You straight?"

"Yeah how the babymoms, everything cool bro?" Kaedan asked him.

"Shit everything straight wit us. Fucc going on here? I ain't missed much right."

"East took out that nigga that killed Gabby's friends."

"Somebody killed Gabby's friends?"

"Shit nigga you been out the loop." Shooter joked.

"Don't worry bout it, I got a drop for you to make. Kaedan gon bring you up to speed cuh." I said dismissing the conversation and em. He nodded and left with Kaedan.

I kicked it with Loco and Shooter for a while before I left the trap and headed for Millie's crib. Soon as I got there I sent her text letting her know I was outside. It took about five minutes before I saw her bringing Kairi.
"Hey Dave." She greeted as she strapped Kairi in the backseat.
"Waddup?"
I had my babygirl for a couple of days while Millie went to visit some family. I've been so busy I feel like I ain't been spending enough time with Kairi so I'm more than happy to have her staying with me for a minute.
"So why you ain't tell me you and Aaliyah broke up?" I looked at Millie like she done grew a second head.
"Why you looking at me crazy like that?" She questioned.
"Nah why YOU talking crazy like that. Me and Lily straight, watchu talkin bout?"
"O-oh I saw her earlier and she looked... I don't know nevermind then. Kai have fun with daddy, give mommy kisses." She cooed before stepping away from my whip. I pulled off for my moms crib knowing she wanted to see Kairi.

I was surprised to see Danny whip parked outside when I got there. Ever since she got the whip she barely been home. I'd say she was clearly waiting for it but that much was obvious.

"AUNTY BABYYYY!" Danny squeaked running for Kairi. She picked her off the ground and swung her around before settling her on her hip. Kairi was busy giggling and shit. She always like when Danny does that to her.
"Wassup Mama Dukes." I greeted my mom placing a kiss on her cheek.
"I'm good, how are you Dave? Have you eaten?"
"Yeah fasho, but I'm down for whatever you cooked yunno that."
"C'mon I'll plate your food. Your dad took the car to the garage so you'll have to catch him another time." She told me as I followed her into the kitchen.

Mom and I sat at the table together while I ate. She was telling me the little family gossip. I wasn't interested to keep it real because half of em folks be fake asl but I was listening though. I always listen.

"You seen Lily already?" Danny asked as she joined us.

"You mean since y'all been back? Nah I been busy still."

"Well damn don't you think she need you right now? She was a mess lastnight when I called."

"Watchu talkin bout?"

"You don't know? How could you not know bro,she's your girl."

"You gon tell me what I'm missing here or not?"

"Her friend died yesterday so she been crying and shit."

"Damn she ain't mentioned none. I mean she disappeared pretty early yesterday but I figured she was just tired or some."

"Nah I dropped her in the Bronx so she was with her sister in the hood when they got word that Dthang ain't make it." I nearly choked on my damn food. Ain't no way I heard what I just heard.

"Why you look like you seen a ghost David, you're gonna scare your own daughter. Give my condolences to Lily for me." Mom said as she left the kitchen.

"You straight bro?"

"Yeah I gotta handle some. I'll be back."

"Aight cool, Kairi already ate?"

"Yeah Millie fed her before I got there." I said heading out the door.

Soon as I sat in the car I had a million thoughts running through my head. Aaliyah being cool with that nigga wouldn't have changed shit if I'm being honest. Nigga took out two of mine so that was it for his life. That shit set in stoned. It's a life for a life outcha that's how tf it goes in the streets. It ain't just about getting even though, it's about respect too. It's hard to earn it but easy to lose it. I ain't trynna have niggas think shit sweet wit me because that's exactly wtf would've happened if I let him slide. Then folks gon try to play witchu like you don't smoke niggas like barbecue. It's no regrets on my part but I know for damn sure that I might have to talk to Lily bout this one. It's either that or I gotta really make sure word don't get out for it to come back to bite me in the ass. The minute that nigga goons know it's me they gon try to hit us right back and that's how a fuckin war starts and ion need that typa shit right now. I'm still fresh out I can't be moving heavy that's why my guys been handling alot of the ground work for me and I definitely can't be leaving loose ends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 52 13
Aaliyah's been having a hard time after graduating college. She's been living with her mom for a year now and it's been hell. Her mom hates her and t...
672 8 41
This a Novel based on Romance. It explains how young people get into love and how this love actually changes while they are in campus. Oscar finds ne...
947 194 13
"Why Malik..?" Asia muttered to herself as the brown-eyed male in front of her, who didn't even bother to make eye contact with her, shook his head...
74.6K 2.9K 82
He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me, slows his speech slightly and enunciate...