Guilty Pleasure

By gmaeewrites

18+| We are enemies. We didn't know. -|Book 2 of Sicilian series| Can be read standalone- More

Aesthetics
00
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26

03

849 15 4
By gmaeewrites

The morning of Wednesday comes around rather quickly. I packed my suitcase last night, so I didn't have to do much this morning.

I sit in the waiting area of the airport with Matteo by my side. Since it's just going to be the two of us on the flight we are flying public.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly, I just need to figure out a way to kill the Russian mafia leader's brother. I have one photo to go off of and it is from a camera, so his features are hard to make out; all I can really tell is that he has blonde hair, stubble on his face, and tattoos, so it is probably going to be hard to pinpoint who he is. We also don't have a name on either of the brothers, my mafia has 'nicknames' for them.

The leader being 'Uccisore' and his brother being 'Orso' for the tattoo that is on his neck.

The intercom calls out for my gate to board. I poke the side of Matteo's head as he sleeps. A groan leaves his mouth as his tired eyes open.

"We need to board, Matteo," I tap him again.

He pushes my hand, standing up. I pick up my carry-on bag and he scan our tickets, getting on the plane.

We find our seats, buckling the strap at our waists. The lady on the intercom goes over safety and stuff, then our plain is off.

Matteo's sleepy head falls onto my shoulder. I shrug my shoulder and he doesn't move, so I slap his head.

"Donatella, stop," he whines, leaning against the window instead of my shoulder.

The sound of loud, obnoxious chewing draws my attention. Turning my head, I glare at the man who has a bag of Chettoh puffs. He shoves them into his mouth, chewing with his mouth wide open. The orange dust stays on his fingers, even after he stucks them off.

I cringe at the sight, turning to face forward.

These seven hours better go by quickly.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I'm woken up by Matteo pushing at my head. I narrow my eyes at him and he sticks his tongue at me.

"Get up, we're in Russia," Matteo tells me.

I look out the window beside him, the runway in my view as the plane is at a stop beside the large building.

Everyone on board stands up, forming a line through the walkway of the plane. I carry my bag on my shoulder as we exit the plane and go onto the terminal.

I send a quick text to my Mamma telling her Matteo and I got off the plane safely, she sends a thumbs up emoji back.

We get our suitcases, heading outside.

Our hotel is only a block down the road, so we end up just walking. I look up at the building, easily fourty floors stand. We go in, checking in to our rooms.

Floor 13, room 1324.

My lips turn downwards at the floor, I thought they left that floor out due to its bad luck. I look over to Matteo and he looks oblivious at me, then pulls our suitcases to the elevator.

I press the button for our floor, watching the numbers increase the higher the elevator goes up. The elevator comes to a smooth stop when we get to our floor. Stepping out of the elevator, we start making our way to our room.

A man in all black passes us, my eyes follow his figure. Something feels off about him. I shake my hands at my side, getting rid of the uneasy feeling.

I come to a stop at my door, Matteo's being right beside mine.

"Be ready in an hour," he tells me right before opening his door, leaving me alone in the hall.

I scan my card to the door, there is a small beeping noise before the door unlocks. Pushing the door open, I pull my suitcase with me. I set it under a bench in the room, looking around the nice hotel room. The view out of the floor to ceiling windows overlooks the city.

Admiring the view for a moment, I turn to my suitcase, unzipping it. I hang up my dress that is bagged in a purple plastic.

I change into one of the white silk robes in the room's closet. I go into the bathroom and flat iron my hair. I apply eyeliner and mascara, along with a clear lip gloss. I tate a golden shade highlighter, leaving some on the bridge of my nose and cheek bones. I use my middle finger to blend it out.

I go back out to the bedroom of the hotel, taking my dress from the hook, pulling it out of the plastic.

Untying the robe, I set it on the bench my suitcase lies under.

I unzip the dress, pulling the fabric over my head. I look myself over in the mirror, the black dress is cut low causing my breasts to pool over the top, the slit on my right thigh exposes my tan leg, and the torso of the dress has a mesh black see through fabric. The dress fits well to my body, showing off my curves.

I step into my black heels. I sit on the bed, pulling my dress up to my waist. I clip on the strap for my gun and knives on the middle of my left thigh. I take my weapons, securing them in the strap. I practice grabbing it two times to make sure I can easily grab the weapons when I'm ready.

A knock on the door makes me look away from the mirror. I go over to the door, looking into the peephole. Matteo stands infront of the door, looking downwards. His black curly hair neatly on his head, along with a silver chain complimenting his light brown skin.

I unlock the door, opening it. Matteo looks me over with a smile. He wears a simple black suit with the top button undone.

"You clean up nice," he says to me.

"Thanks?" I crease my brows, then turn, waving my hand at him to come inside.

The door clicks shut behind him as I grab my phone and a black handbag. I turn my head to Matteo, he messes with the pocket to his dress pants before pulling out the earpieces. I take one of the two, going ahead and putting it to my ear, I'll turn it on when we get to the place.

I walk over to the door, my hand on the handle. I look over my shoulder to see Matteo sitting on the bed.

"Come on, Matteo," I usher him.

He sighs, standing up, running a hand through his curly hair.

"You've got your gun on you?" I ask him.

He looks at me, rolling his eyes, "What type of question is that."

With that said he opens his suit jacket, showing three different types of guns inside. With a simple nod we leave the room and go down to the lobby to wait for our car.

A black car pulls up to the hotel. I grab Matteo's elbow, pulling him out the door. We get into the car, there is a curtain blocking us from viewing the driver.

We start down the road and Matteo starts, "Did you know that Russian has the the Trans-Siberian Railway which is the world's largest railway."

"No, I didn't know that," I tell him, looking out from the tinted window.

I zone out on his talking as he spews out more facts about Russia.

Once the car stops, I double check that my knives and gun are in place. I open the door to the car, stepping out as the cold wind blows onto my skin, causing small bumps to rise on my arms.

Matteo rounds the car, coming to my side. Both of us click the button to the earpiece to turn it on.

"How do I sound?" I say into the earpiece.

"Clear," his voice is also clear through my device.

We walk in together, seperating once we are inside. I glance around, looking over the people, searching for a blonde man with a bear tattoo. Suprisingly there aren't many blondes inside the room.

I go over to a person with a tray, taking a glass off. I give a small thank you before walking away. I bring the glass to my lips, swallow the bubbly beverage.

As I walk through the room filled of people, I study ever person I pass, for any slight recognition.

"Do you see anyone that looks like Orso?" I say once I'm not directly beside someone.

A moment goes by before Matteo speaks.

"No, I'm heading upstairs to look," he tells me.

From across the room, my eyes land on a dirty blonde man. His jaw is covered in a short beard, I can see a ring on his index finger as his hand wraps around the glass. I watch as the man turn his head to the right, away from me. A tattoo of a bear now in my line of vision.

"I see him, straight ahead from me," I say into the ear piece.

"Mhm, I see him. Get back more, you're to visible in the crowd," he tells me.

I hum in response, turning on my heels, walking back towards a large pillar. I stand beside it, looking around to see no one look my way.

"Is my shot cleared?" I ask.

Silence.

There is no response for a solid three minutes. Orso starts to turn as if he is about to walk away from a conversation.

My patience starts running out by the seconds.

"Matteo," I whisper shout.

Nothing but silence on the other line.

"Fuck it," I mumble.

I reach between the slit of my dress to the gun attached to my thigh. I grab the gun, taking it from under my dress.

I raise the black beretta M9, aiming it directly at Orso's head. I suck in a breath to keep my arms completely still to get the shot from this far away.

My finger on the trigger, I press it.

Right as my finger hits the trigger, my arm is jerked up, the bullet flying nowhere near where I aimed. I swipe my foot from behind me to knock whoever has a grip on my arm over.

The person's hand grabs my calf, keeping me from hitting them. My body is twisted around roughly. In the motion of me being turned, I raise the gun to aim it at the person on me, but the strangers hand on my leg moves to my wrist, raising my hands above my head, the other hand taking the gun.

My gun is pressed under my chin as my back is to the strangers hard chest.

A smile raises to my lips as the cold metal is pressed to my skin. I quickly move my hands between the strangers, grabbing their forearms, and pushing them down to their sides as I turn around.

The moment I turn around I freeze.

I look into the familiar eyes of the person who has been in my mind for the past few days.

"Damien?" the name comes out breathy.

He stares into my eyes, his face completely neutral. My mind is racing a hundred miles per hours. The looks he has shows as if he is unfazed by this.

He grabs the back of my hair, hard, then raises his hand, hitting me on the side of my neck.

My knees lock, causing me to fall forward as my eyes droop. My cheek hits against his chest, hands grab my waist and my sight fades in out until I can't open my eyes.

Everything goes out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 1.7K 20
Lina Gonzalez is a poor girl who's never had much. After running away from her abusive stepfather and starting a new life, she's left to pick up her...
61.1M 2M 69
OMERTÀ BOOK 1 * * * Scarlett moves into her new apartment with the mentality that she will start fresh and rule her own life, but when she overhe...
7.3K 137 28
"How would she feel if she knew what's holding me back?" "What's holding you back?" His eyes tell me he knows. His expression, too. "You" "HIS serie...
130K 1.9K 55
|Book 1 in Dangerous Mafia Series| Please read this first| A girl who has secrets and thoughts darker than most. A boy who will be the leader of the...