Legacy (Book 5)

By mariaellez

The 5th book of the Daughter of The Game series is here. 'Legacy' follows the family as they navigate life. M... More

Hell on Wheels
By Your Side
Bully
Tough Love
Just Friends
Unhappy Camper
Surprise Visit
A Mother Always Knows
Imperfect Timing
Rocky Road
Smooth Sailing
Girl Fight
Rage
Changes
Do You Get DΓ©jΓ  vu
Tit for Tat
No Way
Crossing the Line
Work It Out
Heavy
Tightrope
Curveball
Baby Girl
About Damn Time
Unravel
Over the Limit
Never Easy
Talk It Out
Whirlwind
Lost It
Rift
Find a Solution
New Normal
Step Up
Move Along
Hesitation
Line of Fire
Plotting
Deceit
Here Comes The Pain
Scorned
Life Changing
Tough Adjustment
Truth Hurts
Familiar Faces
Check It
Train Wreck
Skeletons
One Last Rodeo
Road Block
Brotherly Love
Dead End
Battlefield
Blow Over
Snap Back
Sister, Sister
Starting Something
Tough Recovery
Call Home
Long Road Ahead
Rebuilding
Inferno
Correction
Only Love Could Hurt Like This
Moody
Baby Sister
Envious
Terminated
Birthday Boy
Birthday Brawl
It Takes a Village
Finish Line
Endless Love
Book 6 | All Grown Up

Ante Up

377 14 15
By mariaellez

|Tyler's POV|

My wife told me I should leave the Teagan/Connor situation alone and just focus on her getting better. I have faith my sister will be fine, but I'll be damned if that asshole gets away with it. Connor has no idea what's about to hit him, literally.

While I wanted to do nothing more than beat the shit out of Connor, we were doing this the legal way. Someway, somehow, Brandon got him to agree to come to the office. Well, a pending lawsuit makes people move quicker than you'd think. As I pulled up to Brandon's office, I saw my dad was calling. I didn't need to talk to him right now. Ignoring the call, he called me right back. Great.

Dad, I can't talk right now.

What the hell do you think you're doing, Tyler?

I had an errand to run. I'll be back to get Izzy and the kids soon.

Going after Connor is an errand?

Dad...

Tyler, I've been telling you to leave this alone. Your sister doesn't want this. You don't need to be involved. Teagan is putting the situation behind her and it's time that you, Brandon, Brody, Tucker, and Tatum do the same.

See, what everyone doesn't know is all the shit Connor has been talking publicly about my sister. She's a home wrecker and an addict that he was trying to help. She just got attached and got the wrong message. Bullshit. He came around our family and put on this fraud ass routine. He was getting dealt with and no one was stopping me.

Okay, dad. We'll talk later.

Tyler...

Hanging up, I put my phone on do not disturb. Going inside, I greeted the secretary going up to Brandon's office.

"What's up man?"

"You're going to get your ass handed to you," he said with a smirk.

I shrugged.

"I can handle my dad."

He shook his head.

"Your dad isn't your only problem."

I looked at him confused then it clicked he was talking about Izzy.

"She'll be fine."

"Why didn't you just tell her?"

"Did tell Jamie?"

"Yeah, she's with the shits. She tried to throw at me that we were upset when she and Izzy confronted Khloe. For one, that was years ago, but that was also stupid on their part."

"Of course it was. Izzy was pregnant. This is a different situation," I added.

"Is it really though? You're doing something she doesn't want you to..."

"No, doing what she doesn't want me to would be kicking Connor's ass. I'm taking the high road actually by letting you take lead on this."

"You know what I mean, Ty. Just how she went behind your back in not telling you about Khloe, you're doing the same thing with his Connor bullshit. I told Jamie what was going on from jump. You should've did the same. Now she's going to be on your ass. She's your wife, Ty. There's no need to hide anything from her. Plus, when it comes to family, you know Izzy is ready to fuck any and everyone up."

"Alright, I get it."

"Yeah, get used to being in the doghouse. You not going to be able to talk yourself out of this one. I told you when we decided to hit Connor with a defamation lawsuit because of all the shit he's been talking to tell her."

I shook my head.

"I can handle my wife, Brandon."

"I'm not saying you can't. You call me on my shit, I'm calling you on yours. From jump, you should've told her. You also have to think of your image. Hell, her image too. You're a doctor with a wife and two kids now. She's trying to build a career outside of her family's shadow. None of us need any unnecessary attention. Connor is the least of our worries. Teagan is getting the help she needs."

"I don't take lightly to anyone disrespecting our family, B. Last time I checked, you didn't either."

"I don't, which is why he's downstairs waiting to settle this lawsuit so we can move past this." 

"Alright, enough of this back and forth, you have my back or what?"

He stood up and glared at me.

"I get that you're upset, but don't come at me with that bullshit. I've always had had your back!"

"Then have it now!"

"Ty, chill the fuck out, man! I know you want to fuck Connor up, but we have too much on the line to do some shit like that. I know, this is crazy coming from me because I'm always ready for a fight. Still, we have families now, man. No outsider is going to take that away from us. So while I'd love to join you, Brody, Tucker, and Tatum in kicking his ass, I'm going to handle this right way instead. Teagan doesn't need the drama and neither do we."

"Why the hell did you waste my time and call me down here?"

"Fine," I mumbled.

"Come on, he's in the conference room downstairs."

We walked out and I followed him out. Entering the conference room, Connor was there with who I assume was his lawyer. 

"I'm Brandon, this is Teagan's brother, Dr. Tyler Law," Brandon said introducing us. 

Connor was sitting there with a smug look on his face.

"I know who you two are," he commented.

His lawyer looked over at him.

"Good thing the introduction wasn't for you," I quickly retorted, taking a seat.

Brandon looked over at me giving me a look to calm down. Trust me, if I wasn't calm, Connor would've been slumped over the table as soon as I walked in.

"Nice to meet the both of you although I wish it was under different circumstances. I am Connor's attorney, Mr. Kane. Getting right to it, I see from this lawsuit that you are suing my client for slander against a Ms. Teagan Law. From what I am told, she was in some sort of relations at one point with my client. He says it was nothing serious. She was more interested than he was. She..."

"I'm going to have to stop you right there, Mr. Kane. You and I both know we don't need to go back and forth over the specifics of the timeline documented in the lawsuit. If you do want to recall anything, the defamation claim is based on the slander that Connor has been spreading, publicly. Saying something about someone is one thing, but tagging her and other people in our immediate family is another. It's harassment and antagonizing if I'm being frank," Brandon stated.

"There's nothing my client said that was untrue. He has a right to his opinion. As for putting this on a public platform, Dr. Law, is your wife not the daughter of Paul and Stephanie Levesque? Granddaughter of Vince McMahon. From the time she was a teenager, her name was in the tabloids for her behavior. So, Teagan being connected to your wife makes her addiction public knowledge," Mr. Kane added.

"My wife has nothing to do with this lawsuit. Your client knowingly and willingly posted lies about my sister."

Mr. Kane smirked.

"Is it really a lie? She was in rehab before and even told my client stories about her past experience with drugs. This was during college, wasn't it? Now she's in rehab again. My client is just clearing his name that he wasn't involved. I'm sorry your sister is going through this, but it's not Connor's fault. So really, your family has no case against my client."

I took a deep breath to control my anger. Brandon pulled out a stack of papers. 

"Teagan had an addiction problem, but had been in recovery for over 3 years prior to meeting Connor. Upon entering her relationship with your client, she relapsed not once, but twice. There are parties that the two of them attended where alcohol and drugs were present. You have been to rehab in the past, correct Connor?"

"I..."

"If it's a lie you shouldn't have told Teagan that you were. Then again, you lied to her about not having a wife. We'll leave your kids out of it. Since you wanted to bring up wives though, isn't it true your wife also had an addiction problem? She's also given vivid explanations of the two of you having an open relationship from the beginning, so is Teagan really a home wrecker?"

Connor tried to speak again, but Brandon held up his hand.

"Before you decide to go off the cuff and make comments again, just know the information you think you have against my client, Teagan Law, I have just as much on you. The choice will be yours whether to settle this in or out of court. We're ready regardless. With that being said, we're done here."

The confidence of Mr. Kane's face was now gone.

"I'll be in touch," Mr. Kane said, gathering his papers.

Brandon smiled.

"I'm sure you will."

They left and once the door closed, Brandon started laughing. 

"Man, I thought you were going to jump across the table once he mentioned Izzy."

"Trust me, I was tempted. Speaking of, let me get back to my parents house. Do my mom and dad know about the lawsuit?"

He nodded.

"So why did my dad call me as amped up as he was?"

"He probably thought we were doing some cowboy shit and taking matters into our own hands. Let him know, I didn't let you get your hands dirty."

"Yeah, I appreciate it."

"If you don't want to sleep on the couch, my guest room is available."

I stuck my middle finger up, leaving him and heading back to my car. Taking my phone off do not disturb, I heard the notifications going off. I didn't bother to look until I got back to my parents. Majority of the messages were from my dad. Entering the house, I heard Logan's voice. I walked to the living room to see my parents and Izzy along with the kids. Izzy smiled. Maybe I wasn't in the doghouse after all. Then again, that smile could mean something different. 

"Hi daddy, look what I can get Livy to do," Logan said.

"Be careful," Izzy chimed in.

I sat down and watched as he stood Livy up and she took a few steps towards him, crashing her face into his cheek and giving him a kiss. 

"See, I'm really her favorite," he said, holding her.

"Sure are, bud. Best big brother ever."

My dad stood up and motioned for me to follow him into the kitchen.

"What's up dad?"

"What happened with Connor?"

"All we did was meet with him and his lawyer. Brandon said you and mom know about the lawsuit. Does Teagan know?"

He shook his head.

"No. The lawsuit is on her behalf and we'll cross that bridge of telling her when she's feeling better."

"So you knew about all the stuff Connor has been saying?"

"Tyler, I'll tell you the same thing I've been telling you what seems like your whole life. I know more than you think I do. I just don't speak on it all the time. Sometimes you can't show all your cards."

"So, you think Izzy will take that as an answer."

He shook his head.

"She's your wife, son. Look, when your mother and I first got married, I kept thing from her, but I also wanted to know as much details about her life as I could. How was it fair for me expect that from her when I hid things? I know how much you love Izzy, but you know if the roles were reversed, you'd have a problem."

"I know, but..."

"There's no but to it. Make things right with your wife and don't make it a habit of hiding things from her."

We spent another half hour at my parents house before leaving. On the drive home, I reached over, taking Izzy's hand in mine. 

"You mad at me?"

She looked over at me.

"We'll talk once we get home."

I nodded knowing that this could go either way. She could be pissed or understanding. Honestly, I couldn't call it. 

——————
Author's Note —-

Tyler losing his temper? Izzy and Tyler fighting? Does Tyler confronting Connor compare to Izzy confronting Khloe?

In case you missed it, new chapter added to, "Daughters of Legends." New character? Roman Reigns! Check it out!

Likes and comments appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 108K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
39.7K 1.2K 71
Warning - story contains discipline by parents to children and some explicit scenes. Book 4 of the Daughter of the Game series is here! Your favs are...
36.4K 1.5K 101
Ever wondered how hard it is to be human? Well, read as the constellations tries to be one Join their exciting journey of drama, twist, overcoming, a...
59K 1K 36
in this you get to pick the ending you want. There will be different endings so you can pick the S/O you want. The entire story will be the same for...