Pokémon: Ad Astra Abyssosque

Par youngwild_shipper

Pokémon x Genshin crossover Crossposted on ao3 | https://archiveofourown.org/works/38885772/chapters/97243713... Plus

| DISCLAIMER
| ONE
| TWO
| THREE
| FOUR
| FIVE
| SIX
| SEVEN
| EIGHT
| NINE
| TEN
| ELEVEN
| TWELVE
| FOURTEEN
| FIFTEEN
| SIXTEEN
| SEVENTEEN
| EIGHTEEN

| THIRTEEN

198 9 10
Par youngwild_shipper

MEA LIBERTAS MEUS CANOR

. . .

Silenced reigned around the cylindrical cavern, only the sounds of the flowing waves could be heard. Ash, Venti, and Ophelia stared at Dvalin's sorry state.

"We can do something for him, right? We have to, I-" Ash looked sadly in front. He remembers scenes alike this one from his previous adventures. "I can't bear to witness Pokémon in pain."

'I fear there is nothing more to be done, chosen one'

The bird answered. Ash and Venti turned their heads to stare at it, Ophelia continued her silent grieving at the side. But instead of their feathered friend, a woman stood in its place.

She's a woman with an athletic build, tanned skin, fiery-red vermilion hair which flowed down to her middle back and was braided behind her head. It was a few shades darker than Ophelia's. She wore something similar of that of Jean's, but with different color schemes. While the Grandmaster's was more blue, white, and gold, the "bird's" had maroon, white, and a bit of a lighter shade of dark blue as its main theme. She wore a small, gray hoop earing on her left ear— unseen form their line of sight if she had one on her right. 

By her hip hung a scabbard that carries a sword. It had an elaborate design of gold, white iron, and a small little gem at the handle. The back of the blade had the same iron material that dips down a bit off from the shoulder while the edge down to its tip was created with a glowing teal material.

She looked like a ghost, her outline glowed a soft warm shade. If you stare intently at her, you can see the cavern wall on the other side. It's like she was a hologram being projected. She didn't feel real.

'Since the day he'd been infected, no hope had been found for him to survive'

'No one had any hope left'

'Not even our beloved land'

Ophelia had turned her head, and was shocked of the lady that stood before her. The three were in stunned silence, but the woman continued, not caring of the questioning looks she's receiving. They let her talk as she pleased.

'Dvalin, and the rest of what you now call as.. Pokémon. Were created as a last resort for revival'

'Created in great abundance..'

'They were our last hope'

'And the symbol.. of our Archon's goodbyes'

She turned her head and stared at Ash. Amber eyes met his own. With that, he felt a sense of familiarity. It's like he'd seen her before, or heard of someone like her. Perhaps from one of Jean's stories. Or was it Venti's? "You're..?"

"Lady Vennessa.." A young starstruck dragon trainer answered for him. The olden Wind smiled at the girl. "The Falcon of the West."

'Correct, young Ragnvindr'

"But- But why are you here? Dvalin," He pointed at the Mondstadian legendary. "Why is he  here? The room. Our Pokémon. Everything. The bird? You're the bird- er, Falcon of the West. But the shard, you knew where it was. It- how- we- hah..." Venti is in his own kind of turmoil.

'Calm down, young Wint'

'Your dear friends are safe. You are safe'

'In the name of Barbatos, I promise you that'

Venti stopped hyperventilating after hearing her soothing words, accompanied by her gentle voice and tone. Seeing him calm, she spoke once more.

'I couldn't touch the shard'

'For to it, I was an inanimate object'

'I was not meant to exist'

She turned to look at the throbbing shard still above the withered tree.

'It held point, though'

'I had died long ago'

'Only present here today because of the wishes of our god'

She moved her attention to the downed dragon.

'And ever since, I had waited for someone to come'

'Someone blessed by the gods'

'For just  anyone won't do'

"Is that the reason why I found the room? Because you thought I was enough to save Dvalin." Venti spoke up. He took his pin off and stared at it.

'I locked Dvalin underneath his former abode'

'Once successful, I created the runic room'

'Waited'

'And moved hastily once I felt the power of five of The Seven'

She moved close to Venti and held out her hand, asking permission to touch the brooch. Venti gladly complied and placed the small replica of the Carmen Dei on her palms.

'Forgive me if I created such confusion afterwards'

'Hence I brought my guard up'

'Despite feeling strong power of all Seven'

"You thought our constellations were enough, but the Resonation Stones were missing something.. you needed something more. You needed spoken proof. You needed-" Ophelia's eyes doubled in realization. "You needed Ash!" She pointed at the raven haired trainer.

They waited for confirmation but the Knight shook her head.

'To reunite what's broken, it takes two on each side'

'The chosen of Celestia, and the blood of Khaenri'ah'

'One alone can't create wonder, my dear'

Vennessa wanted to agree with the youth, but one alone wasn't viable for success. She remembered the last words of her Archon. She moved to give Venti his pin back, and then pointed at Ash afterwards.

He is confirmed'

'The other.. I have no information whatsoever'

"Then how do we know whose the other one? Or- Or which of the two's for Celestia and which one's for Khaenri'ah?" Ash asked. Vennessa turned to look at him.

'Time is cruel'

'Past, present, and future'

'We don't know when, where, or who  they choose'

"You mean.."

'The other half of the prophecy..'

'May have long been gone.. Or have yet to be born'

"That can't be right!" Ophelia rebelled. "By the grace of the gods, that someone has to be back out there in the mainland. They aren't as cruel to pick an envoy from a different time and another one years back or from years to come!" 

"The gods. Our god, Barbatos, most especially wouldn't agree to forcefully take someone away from their home and lock them here till our  problem is magically fixed. It's against the principles of freedom. It opposes the very thing our god had given us, to choose for ourselves." All eyes were on her. "So yes, Lady Vennessa, the other half of the prophecy, be they for Celestia or Khaenri'ah,  is  out there. They must be. I refuse to believe such atrocious claims of them being from a large time gap."

The member of the Four Winds was taken slightly aback by her statement, but recovered swiftly. She gave out small chuckles and a smile that sparks joy and entertainment.

'Such passion and unbreaking determination'

'Much like your ancestors before you, you carry strong will and a burning fire within you'

"I agree with her, Lady Vennessa." This time, Venti spoke up. "There has to be a way to find out. And we will  find them."

'I applaud your optimism'

'But only time will tell, young ones'

'Though I do believe that who you seek.. is much closer than one anticipates'

By this point, the light from the enraged dragon had all been devoured by the shard. He moved his head a bit, trying to spare a glance at the Falcon.

'... My friend...'

The three trainers became alarmed when Dvalin talked. They stepped back as a group. Vennessa stepped forward and caressed the dragon's head. She lightly brushed her fingers on the dragon's feathery head. She was soft and caring, like she was playing a tune on a harp, creating a calm and serene atmosphere.

'Hush, Dvalin'

'Freedom had been a long trial to achieve'

'But not all was for naught'

The dragon in turn, with the help of Vennessa, faced the three trainers that have gotten closer to the gentle Winds. They stared at his eyes, glowing teal staring back at their own. But it wasn't the color that got noticed. It was what lay within. His eyes that once housed pure anger, hatred, and contempt, now shows visible tiredness— yet within it carries peace and content.

'I... am sorry'

'For all I've done'

'And all I've failed to do..'

With every word spoken, his voice grew weaker and weaker. Consciousness was slipping away from him. Soon enough, the legendary dragon of old will soon join the limited few in dormancy. With a heavy heart, Dvalin looked devastatingly at the depressive tree.

'Barbatos..'

'I have done our nation wrong'

'Once again, I ask you, my lord..'

'.. set.. me.. free...'

Free. His last words before succumbing to an undetermined period of peaceful sleep. And as he dreamed, the glow from around his body slowly diminished. His slow, steady breaths echoed all around the cavern, encouraging those within to keep quiet and let him have his well deserved rest.

"What happens to Dvalin now?" 

'Corruption flowed within him for millennia'

'Now he is set free... yet the aftereffects of its rule had affected him greatly'

Vennessa stood up and faced the brave trainers. Those of which made setting the legendary free from the torment years of corruption had befall him made possible. She then turned her attention towards the hovering shard above the withered tree. Spreading both her hands, she used the last remaining of her power to pull it down from above till it was within reach for the trainers to easily grab.

Seeing it in a good enough position, she moved both her hands to create a circle in the air. The still air moved in correspondent to the Wind's command, silent howls filled the area — loud enough to be heard but not enough to wake the slumbering being inside. It gathered in the middle of the tree, causing a small cyclone that picked up dust particles and rustling the greenery around it. Finally, as a finishing move, she pressed both hands together. And at the same time, the accumulated winds were devoured by the shard.

'Young Ketchum'

'Use this shard to return the glory of the tree'

'Touch it, and chant the words of the Archons'

"And what of you?" Ash asked once he saw her body slowly turning into fine dust.

'The Erstwhile King of the Skies... must rest before he can soar beyond the heavens once more'

'And I will accompany him till that day comes'

Before fully fading away, she turned and gave a small, heartfelt smile to the three trainers. It was a silent thank you. And her act of goodbye. She left with a smile. Her soft, warm glow fluttered towards the dragon, encasing the loyal protector of Mondstadt with a protection barrier of his own. 

Venti and Ophelia brought their hands together in prayer, wishing the Winds a peaceful recovery. Ash had only known Mondstadt for such a short time, still not accustomed to their way of living and beliefs, but still, he brought his head down in acceptance.

"We should do what she told us to do. In a way, it's kind of like her last will." Ash encouraged them. All in agreeance, they made their way towards the front of the tree, where the anemo sword shard hovers above the ground.

The two Mondstadtians stood idly at the back as Ash stepped forward and took the shard in his palms. Upon touching it, he immediately felt strong power resonating from the small shard. It felt like the strong blows of a hurricane, yet at the same time, it held the gentle care of a soft breeze in spring. A small flow of anemo thread its way to the tree, wanting Ash to get closer. Seeing this, the boy sighed and followed its wishes, jumping down a slightly deep moat and having to climb his way back up. 

"There, happy now?" The shard glowed brighter for a second and dimmed right after. Ash took that as a yes and proceeded to remember the words of the Archons in the past vision.

'Tainted blade of Heavens past'

'Scour Teyvat, a world so vast'

'A hero gone, the war has ended'

'Faith of the Seven they have mended'

'Light in dark, Dark in light'

'Down the abyss their unwavering might'

'Plant the seeds and achieve what's right'

Nothing happened. Figures. Not until Ash heard soft singing behind him and looked back. Venti hummed a not-so-familiar melody and Ash though he was bored of waiting, but his face says otherwise.

"Ahh, what a beautiful tune. Makes me wanna compose a lyrical masterpiece for such delightful music." 

'What tune? What music?'

Ash felt more confused when the Dawn Winery heir agreed with the Challenge Master. "Mhm. The lovely strum of a lyre with the accompanying sound of someone's heavenly singing. Simply divine~"

"What?" Ash tried to ask but it seems as though the duo hadn't heard it, instead, they hummed two different melodies together, yet neither one minded. Ash turned to the tree thinking it'll answer his questions.

"Haah~" Ash heard Venti yawn from behind but paid no heed to it, still trying to hear the sound both were babbling about earlier. "Any of you.. feel.. sleepy so suddenly?"

He heard a yawn coming from Ophelia. "Yeah, I-" Another yawn broke out."- kinda feel drowsy after the song started playing." With that statement Ash turned to look at his companions again. They were leaning against each other, both looked as if they were bound to fall anytime soon. "It sounds like a lullaby. Like the one my uncles used to sing to me as a child.."

Worried they might trample over each other, Ash decided to guide them down the ground as he figured out what phenomenon is it this time. He had an inkling that it had something to do with him as the "chosen one" hence him not affected by the charm. He let them lean on a rock and returned to the shard after putting them in a comfortable position.

"What is it this time?" He questioned no one in particular, crossing his arms waiting for an answer. "Hmm, let me try.."

'An era has ended, a new generation comes alive'

'To reunite what's broken, it takes two on each side'

'The chosen of Celestia, and the blood of Khaenri'ah'

Hearing his words, the shard responded. Floating towards the tree, and slowly, it went through the horrid trunk and started its revival.

"Huh?" Ash voiced out. "Is it some kind of key? A dual protection, where one won't work without the other." 

Ash watched in fascination as the dark corruption began to be overpowered by the shard's anemo abilities. The dark, gooey substance fought hard but the continued its onslaught till none was left. Bright wonder, and a magnificent sight to behold it is. The waves of wind engulfed the tree in a tornado of anemo, brightly illuminating the cavern and the stones reflecting the light creating a dazzling spectacle around. It felt magical to the eyes of the onlooker, and a lulling lullaby for the slumbering. Amidst the beauty of the light, some of its power carried Ash to the other side of the moat — giving the boy a better view of the majestic performance. 

He heard flowing water behind him and turned to look. To his surprise, a river of water floated from the tunnel they had been earlier. At this point Ash heard a lively ballad from somewhere within the cavern. The waters swirled with the winds, creating an aquatic display, dancing and feeling the beat of the music surrounding them. Then, as the song reached its climax the tornado of water dropped down, creating a waterfall, dousing Ash with the cold. He didn't mind, for his thoughts were occupied with the very tree that hid behind the swirls.

Desolate and heartbreak no more as a vibrant, thriving large tree stood before him. Its leaves sparkled like Gemstones in the light. The branches down to its roots stood strong, heavy, and full of life. Ash took a step forward and a gust of wind nearly blew him off. He felt himself and felt dry, looking behind him, he saw the land to be wet. 

"Thank you." He thanked the wind.

In front of him, a small bridge was made above the flowing water. Ash immediately moved to cross and make it to the other side. But before he could make it halfway, a rustle of leaves could be heard. It came from within the tree's multitude of leaves. Another rustle came up and Ash took a cautious step forward.

A small floaty fluffy thing flew down from within the branches. Its head looked to be a shape of a top of a mushroom while its body flowed down like a curtain. It was mostly white, possessing green-and-white feathers, a green diamond on its chest, and a dark face with white eyes. Atop its little head is a leaf like structure with a white base and a cute blue shade at the tip. The little one also has short, dark-blue feet.

Ash held out his hand and the small wisp flew on top of it, snuggling warmly. "Aren't you a cutie~" Ash complimented the wisp as he rubbed its little head with his pointy finger. "What are you, exactly?"

'gurgle'

The mystery creature blurted out cute sounds as a way of communication. It didn't have a mouth so Ash wonder how it could talk, much less make sound. It cuddled up with Ash for a few minutes longer till both heard the alluring chimes coming from the tree. 

The little thing went wide-eyed, as if it remembered something important just now. It flew off of Ash's palms and floated towards the tree. Ash followed.

The tree, with its size and structure, looked to be a willow tree. Its leaves dropped from high up the branches down to the ground, creating a veil of green that hides what lays within from outside viewers.

Before pushing through the thick curtain, Ash looked behind him. His companions were still in deep sleep, so he figured a bit of solo adventuring wouldn't hurt. He followed the wisp that was now lost from his sight.

Amongst the mass of leaves, Ash saw white light in front. At the same moment, the leaves began to sway in a breezy moment. Ash made it through, but he didn't see the little ol' wisp, instead, he saw...

"Barbatos..."

The Anemo Archon. God of Wind, Wine, and Song. Mondstadt's one and only deity, stood before him in all his Archonly glory. He looked like his statue back in the mainland, with slight differences and more details. White, feathery, angelic wings behind his back that wrapped the god like what a jacket would a person. He dons a white silken garb that looked of fine luxury, a brown — sort of plain, belt hung around his waist with a handful of cecelia flowers on the side, a golden plated accessory was placed from his neck down to his shoulders. Barbatos has most of his body covered by the cloth, only exposing his upper arms down to his fingers. The god had his hood on that covered most of his face, but Ash could see the smile playing on the Anemo Archon's lips.

'Young Ketchum'

'Pleased to finally make your acquaintance'

The Archon spoke pleasantries in a calm tone. Ash didn't know what to do; Should he kneel? Bow? Pray before the god? Say hi back? So all he did was stand there gawking at the deity, mouth wide-open. 

'You have my eternal thanks'

'Now, young one..'

'Let the wind lead'

The Anemo Archon summoned a torrent of wind around the three trainers. It was strong, yes, but not destructive. The drowsy duo started to wake up but the winds from the god himself lulled them back to sleep To Ash, it felt familiar. It was the same feeling as the one back in...

"The Spiral Abyss!" 

He went wide-eyed as he stared at the god of wind. "You- you were the one in- in the Spiral Abyss, right? You were the one who saved me. You were the one who showed me that vision. The one with the table- are those the Seven Archons? The sword, the shard, the view from above! It was you!" He pointed at the god.

The Archon merely gave a smile.

'An era has ended, a new generation comes alive'

"I remember that. It was in one of the visions." Ash rambled in front of the god. "It was the chant, the second one. The key- is it a key?"

'To reunite what's broken, it takes two on each side'

"You showed me that, it gave path to new discoveries and a new adventure. Basically a new region to save!" He made a realization of the situation. "But- But why?! Why me? I'm not even from here!?" Ash voiced out. "You could've chosen someone like Ophelia? Or- or Venti? The champion! She's from here, and- and she got all seven Resonation Stones! She's the best bet in completing  your  prophecy!"

'Do you still not understand, "chosen one" of Arceus?'

"Understand what?" He was desperate for an answer.

'The chosen of Celestia, and the blood of Khaenri'ah'

Black. After the god had said those words, Ash saw black. He felt himself reach the floor and feeling the winds around him before succumbing into the realm of the unconscious.

: : :

Dark. Cold. Heavy.

Ash felt cold, but unlike the sensation from the cavern, he heard the loud buzzing of the air conditioner somewhere. Weird. The sounds of the invention would usually be muffled, unless of course in the night, where everything is louder tenfold. And rather than sharp rocks, Ash felt softness behind his back, neck, and in front. It gave off warmth that served protection from the coldness of the AC.

Ash tried to open his eyes, he surveyed the place he was in. He was on a bed, tucked in thick, warm comforters. There was a strange machine on his left alongside a dextrose nearly empty. Dark. Indicating it was probably sometime in the evening. The only light coming from the brightness of the moon that went through the binds on the window.

"You're awake, what a miracle." He looked at his right, and by the devil, Alyson sat on a dark-blue single-person settee, reading a book in the dark. "I thought I had to wait another week."

"How are you reading without light?" Was the first thing that went through his mind. His voice was parched so the champion fetched him a glass of water. Ash made himself comfortable on the bed, moving back from his lying position to be able to sit properly.

"See these glasses?" She asked in turn when she handed him the glass. Ash nodded as a response and finished the liquid. "They have night vision lenses embedded on them." She smiled pridefully. "My own invention."

"Isn't it nighttime?" He told her as he gave her the empty glass. " Visiting hours are over. Why are you still here." He questioned the champion. 

"I'm the most powerful person in all of Teyvat." She spoke— not boast, but Ash felt like she did. "How could they possibly deny my order."

"Congratulations."

"Thank you, Ketchum."

 Mind still in the process of processing his condition, Ash went quiet for a bit. Gathering his wits he let out a barrage of questions to the champion. "How did I survive? How did I get here? When  did I get here? And what about Ophelia? Venti? Where are they? Our Pokémon? Pikachu? Where are they" 

"I don't know how you did. You were brought here the moment you were found. Three days ago, about two-thirty in the afternoon. She's three doors down from you, to the left. He's just beside Ophelia's room, two doors down from yours. Ophelia's set for discharge as soon as the day after tomorrow, Venti was given the green light and is soon to leave the hospital in daybreak. Zephreon is with her trainer in his room while Ophelia's dragons were sent back to the winery, having only her Garchomp with her as only one Pokémon per patient allowed. Pikachu, is sleeping soundly by the couch." She pointed at the seating area by the door. True to her word, Pikachu is snuggled up warmly on a Pokémon bed with an Espurr — which Ash concluded as the champion's. "Any more questions? Ask away."

"Where were we found?" Ash asked gently this time, her answers earlier only gave him a headache.

"The top of Decabrian's Tower. The peak was locked by a barrier of wind, fortunately for you, by the statue, a path opened up that made your rescue easier than it should've been." She answered. "Any more?"

"What time is it?"

"Contrary to your beliefs, it's merely only ten in the evening." She answered. "Is that all?"

"You knew about a room underneath the tower. What happened to it?" Well, she asked for more questions, and Ash wouldn't let the opportunity pass. 

"A quake shook the nation, geologists claim that it wasn't an earthquake. The knights got word of it coming from the tower and went to investigate, found your Pokémon digging under the wall, which was once the entrance to the room. Luckily before much damage was caused, you were found on top of the tower, I believe I told you that story already?" Ash could only nod. "An excavation was ordered to recover the condition of the room but unluckily, the dirt didn't seem to budge. So I passed it as dead and buried."  "Any more questions?"

"None so far.."

"Good, cause I do." She closed her book with a bang, brought her hands together, and rested her chin over both. "What happened." She questioned, danger lingered within her eyes.

Ash couldn't say no, not when he was scared shitless, so he readied himself for storytelling. Afterall, he wasn't tired after getting much rest for three days straight. He began from the small tunnel, down to the happenings in the room, the bird, Dvalin, Corruption, the tree, the shard, and...

"Barbatos had retreated underneath the tower for rest. The tree you saw most likely was his own power and makeshift bed. Planted there with hopes of its seeds to blow with the wind and help the nation when ready." She concluded. "Unfortunately, Corruption was more powerful than the Archon and trapped him within the pitiful tree.."

"Vennessa said that she was summoned by her god. He must've called for her with the last of his power." Ash perked up.

"Hence he gave her directions before succumbing to prison. And the rest is history."

"But what's with Mondstadt and trees? What do they mean?" Ash asked after a period of silence.

"Trees are said to represent life and growth." Alyson explained. "They are considered representative of life, wisdom, power and prosperity. Philosophers regard trees as observers witnessing the evolution of humans and the planet around them."

"As a matter of fact, not only Mondstadt has their own blessed tree. Every nation has one of great significance. Each of which has some sort of connection to the Archons."

She thought long and hard, Ash just stared intently at her hoping to give him her deductions. "But if Teyvat goes by the rules of seven.." She murmured loud enough for Ash to hear. "Celestia and Khaenri'ah.. The twins.. Then maybe even trees.." Her eyes lit up. "Then perhaps the gods go by the laws of two. One for the high divine, and the other the dark desolate."

She stared back at Ash, contemplating if he was worthy of the information she had. But of course he was, so she opened the topic with a question." Tell me, Ketchum, do you believe that every thing, in this world and beyond, is connected to one thing ?"

"What?"

"All bound and held together by something so common yet different all the same. Do you believe in that?"

"Well.." Ash started, rubbing his chin with his hands. "I do think that back outside the mists, Arceus has a hold in the order of the world. I'm not sure here though.."

"Well, The Archons rule the land. Yet, with their ascension to godhood, olden Celestia controls them. The Abyss, created through the rift between two kins, and ruled over by the other half of another."

"The laws of two. Celestia, Khaenri'ah. The twin travelers."

"The rule of Seven. The seven nations. The Seven Archons. The seven trees that stands on each land. And possibility of seven more trees below the land that buries the gods in their slumber."

"And all those eminent power houses, are all connected. To one. Simple. Thing.."

***

A woman clad in all black stood before the once mountain peek that now houses the elusive Spiral Abyss. Sand dipped as she entered the island, the heels of her boots creating sound on the quiet of the night. She soon reached cemented land leading towards the water. Ripples were made on the surface of the surrounding water, the tip of her cape and the clothing up to her ankles were now drenched as she neared the circular domain.

"Tell me.." She asked her companion. "Have you touched the stars as you dig for gold?"

"I didn't come here to hear words of wisdom." Spat the other. Much shorter of the two, the water came up to their hips, dowsing half of themself.

"I suppose. But do remember," She held her hand in the middle of the open circle. Not long did they both saw blue swirling within. The domain was now opened. "You reap what you sow."

"Every consequence, I'll take it full force." Her companion assured.

"Even if it means the soul of your kin?" She taunted, smirking as she saw her companion stiffen with the mention of their lost family.

They quickly composed themself. "As I've said," Voice firm as they glared at the perpetrator. "Whatever the consequences, I  will bear the punishment."

"Hmm.." The woman had a knowing smirk playing on her lips. "We can't be sure about that, can we?" She entered first. One step within, then a crowd of monsters sprung alive; weapons ready, elements casted, aiming to best the intruder.

"Death moves on its own."

In her hands, a long pole materialized on her command. A scythe had appeared. Gearing herself, she waited for her opponents to strike first. Much to her satisfaction, a small furry creature came running towards her as it swung its club. Evading was easy. Seeing their member miss, the rest charged at her but with a flick of a finger, every single one of them were charred and burnt to nothing, not even ashes. She had no Vision nor Delusion on her, but her control over the flames was none like any other.

With the current group finished, more appeared. That just boosted up her will to fight. She gave out a mocking remark and summoned a torrent of fire all around the battle ground, the embers taking her along the ride. The monsters weren't smart in the slightest, they didn't know the dangers she brought and continued to attack burning air. The spiraling flames ended them all in good time. With them gone the floor was done, but her flames has yet to be extinguished. In her fiery form, she flew down on the second floor and ended them all the same. Third. Fourth. Fifth. Sixth. None stood a chance against the mistress of fire.

Only in the Ninth did she show her true form. A gigantic black dragon who's wings faded into a ghostly feel. Red slits looked down on the cowering bunch, sending shivers down their spines. The monsters were faced against a monster of a much more worse caliber than that of the most awful of them all. Burning, slashing, crunching. They were dead long before the dragon's companion came through the portal.

"Couldn't wait till I entered?" They deadpanned.

"Does a burning house wait till everyone is safe to continue its onslaught?" She shot back. She was now back in her mortal form, munching on an apple and eventually disintegrating the fruit. She was given nothing as a reaction. Only passing by her to reach their destination. 

The thirteenth floor.

"I'll take my leave now. Is that alright, Your Highness?" She left without giving her companion a moment to answer, dematerializing into black smoke with small embers following her leave.

Now that they were alone, they brought down their cloak. Gold threads swept by the still air. Cold, tantalizing pools of copper looked up.. or down.

"Every seed planted blooms into the materialization of how it is raised." They took something out of their pocket.

"How a cared for sprout bears delicious fruit." They walked down a spiral staircase.

Twelve is considered a blessing. Thirteen, a sin.

"And how one born from contempt and destruction wilts and falls useless on the ground." They reached a blocked wall and reached from within their other pocket. It was a key, though looked far from the norm, the woman gave earlier. It wasn't hers that's what they've been told, but couldn't care for the true owner. 

They reached for the wall and felt it's rough exterior brushing their fingers. Tapping everywhere, they looked for a hole, an opening to insert the key. Minutes of seeking, they found the hole that fit. Putting it in, it glowed green and traced the lines on the wall. One. Two. Three ticks later, a part of the wall moved back and then left, leaving a large enough opening for the individual to enter.

What lay behind was a large expanse of the cosmos above. Each placement of the stars, the galaxies, the heavens that claimed it home was perfectly aligned to the ones outside. All but one small problem. It was mirrored, faithfully giving off the sky's true picture.

From where they stood, in the distance a large floating island could be seen. They walked the starry path hurriedly, but with every step they took, their destination only seemed to stray farther away from them.

They clicked their tongue in annoyance. "This will be a long night."

'You can't find something that can't be found without being lost yourself.'

They remembered their companion's words the night prior. To find something not even Celestia has their hands on is already impossible as it is. 

'Then how do you find it then?'

'Well, easy!? Tell me, how do you get lost in the day?'

'What kind of question is that!?'

'Doesn't matter what kind, who's asking, where they're asking. In every question, the answer is the star of the show. Just tell me the most illogical thing you can think of.'

'Uhh.. the.. dark?'

'Ding! Ding! Ding! Straight on the mora!'

'How do you find dark in day!? Don't tell me I'll be hiding behind my shadow!!'

'Just close your eyes!'

'That doesn't help. And quit grinning like an idiot!'

'Hehe, for someone who rules an empire you sure are clueless when it comes to simplicity. Well, I suppose it's only catered to us little ol' simple folks.'

'You are in no way little. Simple. And never have, never will be, a folk. Now just tell me how?'

'Haha, you got me.'

'Tell. me. NOW!'

'I will, I will. Just.. chill.'

'Tsk!'

'Just close your eyes, the fire and yearning within your heart will lead you to what you desire most.'

'What?'

'Who knows, it might take a turn and lead you to your sibling.'

'Why you—'

They shook the memory off. Only getting pissed of by the second. But still, they followed her words, closing their eyes and focusing on what they desire most. The symbols of the elements lit up — albeit blurry, but still noticeable.

They were to take a step forward when a flash of gold lit up their vision. It rendered them frozen in place. Continuously, memories shrouded their dark vision. Memories of joy, sadness, war, family, home..

"Focus! You need to focus!"

They opened their eyes and looked around, the stars still above, an abyss below. The door they came from was lost — or rather, they  were lost. Chastising themselves, they closed their eyes once more and continued on concentrating, pushing away olden memories.

Though it hurt, it needed to be done.

Moments later, the elements lit up again, clearer than before — though the cryo symbol had an obvious dim to it. They didn't care. Walking amongst the large space, in the dark, with nothing but the symbols to accompany them.

Eventually they reached land. They gave a triumphant grin but didn't open their eyes yet. They continued to walk towards the center of the island. And as they did, light slowly grew visibly through their closed eyes. Stopping when the light was nearly blinding, they smirked.

"Either good or bad, all things must die." They opened their eyes and marveled in the beauty before them.

A giant white tree sat on the middle, its roots drilled through the ground and hung above a deep abyss. The tree was leafless and fruitless, but it had seven different colors creating an array of threads on each branch and root. In the middle was a golden symbol of a sun with a silver moon in its core.

The Celestial Tree. One that manages the Ley Lines.

***

"But much like the Coelestium Artificia and the Sword of The Seven, it had been lost to time. A legend that not even half— perhaps even a fourth, of the most acclaimed historians know to exist. Simply because it had nothing at all to prove its existence."

"Then how do you know?"

"Rumors." She answered, but Ash wasn't buying it. "And perhaps maybe a scroll that was locked within a chest found from within the ruins of olden Celestia."

"So I have to find a missing tree now?" 

"Not exactly, after all we still need to prove our theory of the prison underneath each nation. We need to free the Archons." She looked out the binds of the window. "It made great wonders to Mondstadt when the God of Freedom was set free."

"How?"

She pointed at the window. "Do you see that?" 

"Did the god make the curtains?" Ash deadpanned.

"Oh, how much mora that would make huh?" She stood up and made her way to the window, bring up the binds and opened it. "I was talking about that." She pointed outside. 

Though Ash was bedridden, from his line of sight, he could see bright glowing lights above the sky. And they weren't only present above, he could see smaller versions of the phenomena everywhere. 

"What are they?"

"Aurora. Brilliant lights that shimmer in the sky. They appeared the night after your adventure, Ash. They could only be seen in Snezhnaya, and even there the northern lights are scarce and rarer than blue moons." She held out her hand and a small ribbon of light-green landed. "The nation has never been this alive since.. since ever! Slowly, the region is healing, and hopefully, so will the entirety of Teyvat."

"Beautiful.." Ash held out his hand and a small one appeared. "So.. this means the mists are falling down?" Ash asked hopeful.

"Sadly, no." Was the champion's reply. "The mists are as strong as ever. Although, Fontaine's Haishan was spotted around the coast of Caledonia. It was calm, so to say. As it is the most aggressive of the seven heads, it was a surprise to us that it didn't leave even with humans in the area, much less attack."

"So I really have to revive trees we don't even know exist, huh?"

"Congratulations, you're a gardener now."

"Haha." He laughed so dryly.

"You don't want to? I mean, Teyvat's not a bad place to live in after all." She taunted.

Ash brough both hands up. "Hey, hey. I agree that it's good, but... I have-"

"Someone?" The champion teased, and chuckled when she saw red tints on his cheeks through her glasses. "Haha, rest well, Ketchum." With that, she woke up her Espurr — and Pikachu too amongst the chaos.

"Pika! Pikachupi pika pika. Chu pikapi chupi pika! Pikapika PIKACHU!!" The yellow fluffball snuggled by his trainer and left his sleepiness behind.

"I'm fine now, buddy. How are you?" "Pika chupi!!!"

"I'll be taking my leave now." The champion bid her farewell, her Espurr slumped on her fore arm still sleepy but managed to give him a small smile. The cute one was a bit of a different color but Ash just thought it was a regional variant so he quickly said goodbye.

"Heh, I miss you too, Pikachu." Ash said as he hugged the Pokémon tightly. Pikachu gave him a little shock and a full thirty minutes of scolding the form of 'pikas'. Both were in deep sleep soon enough, breathing in perfect harmony. Snuggled up close with each other.

It was peaceful.

~~~

Hello~~

So in this chapter we learn more about the past! From Vennessa and a flashback.

I've had this sitting in my drafts for about a month or so, and now it's out for the world to see and be free!

And tomorrow, were taking our first step to Sumeru and I'm hella excited! I've done all my works done I can play as much as I want. And I'm absolutely IN LOVE with Al-Haitham (I don't know if that's his real name but I saw leaks and went with it). And I will pull for him. I must  have him.

And just like us transitioning from one region to another, so will Ash. By the next chapter, I assure you he'll be in Liyue where the mountains are as high as Kazuha /j. 

I have about nothing to say since I'm in a hurry on publishing this chapter so..

As the journey continues...

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

146 7 7
(One week before Lanter Rite 4.4) As Lantern Rite gets closer and closer, the more the dreams get sadder and sadder. The dreams, no they are not drea...
30.6K 1.2K 23
❝ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍.❞ Thousands of years ago, Rex Lapis made a con...
15.8K 332 14
This is just a story about our main character going on a mission to another world called teyvat.Genshin Impact does not belong to me nor the characte...
154K 3.8K 66
Lumine and Aether... The Twins from another world, traveling throughout the Universe. They went from Universe to other Universe... until an Unknown G...