A Throne Amongst the Stars

By kelreadsandwrites

This is a Poe Dameron x Reader story that will mostly be my own original plot, with references and characters... More

Vernus Amor
Foedari
Libertas
Gratias Tibi
Vetiti
Subitis
Deditionem
Reditus
Animus Vinculum
Et Hoc PÅ“nitet
Tuus Sum
Osculare Me
Desponsata
Mollis Unita
Vir Meus
Aeternus Amator
Contritos Corde
Tui Fidelis Devotus
Imperatrix Mea
Requiescet In Pace
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Perniciosius
Secernere Ab Ipso
In Omni Universo, Te Amabo
Purgatio
In Morte Separamus
Aeternum

Eques

603 59 239
By kelreadsandwrites

[A/N: Hello my readers! I apologize for such a late upload. This weekend had already been quite crazy for me! Thank you for your understanding and your patience. I love you all and hope that you enjoy this next chapter! -K 🖤]

[🌌This chapter is long and contains angst.🌌
***
My cheek rested in the palm of my hand as I stared at the mostly empty letter before me. Over the span of an hour, I had written draft after draft, yet not one letter was even close to what I had hoped would be sufficient enough as a response.

I twirled the feathery quill around my fingers as my eyes drifted to my paintings that rested on the solid, sodden desk I sat behind. A soft smile grew more defined on my lips as I recognized the beautiful face that had continuously stared at me nightly and often plagued my dreams.

For some reason unknown to me, I had been prophetically painting Poe, my pilot, for weeks prior to finally meeting him yesterday.

I chewed on my lip as I remembered our fateful meeting where he had so gracefully fallen from a tree in the courtyard to where I was silently standing and watching him in awe.

Quiet giggles escaped me as I reminisced over his strange customs in greeting me. I hardly understood what he had said, but whatever it was, it was simply fascinating to me.

I wanted to learn about him and study his customs and culture, fervently listening about what he had seen during his extensive travels and explorations of the galaxy.

That would be my next task after I had finished this letter, which was being requested to be finished immediately by my mother. I dipped the quill into the pot of obsidian ink and sighed, leaning over the paper and writing once more.

Tears of unadulterated sadness filled my eyes once more as I made the choice to continue writing to the Prince who would, if possible, affectionately offer  the entire universe to me as his Queen.

But I truly didn't have a choice.

Dearest Prince,

I have received your multiple and charismatic letters describing your innate interest for my hand. I am flattered and honored to be the recipient of your affections.

Your words, although finite, are powerful and full of promises that I truly hope you plan on keeping faithfully. Your fervent requests for a response have prosed that I finally answer your long awaited question.

I would first prefer to personally invite you to the gala in two days' time, otherwise referred to as my 24th year celebration. It would be an honor to receive you as a guest.

As for an answer, dear Prince, I have arrived at a conclusion. I am officially accepting your

A sudden howl of laughter stole my attention from completing the letter. I hurriedly replaced my white-feathered quill into the ink pot and stood from my seat, leaning to peek out of my bedroom window that offered a beautiful view, as well as introduced the raging sunlight into my personal quarters.

I covered my uncontrollable grin with my hands as I observed Poe and BB-8 in the open partition of the grass beneath my window. Poe was tossing some sort of object that BB-8 would excitedly retrieve and bring back to him.

My hand pressed against the glass as I watched them continue their moment of blissful fun, wishing I could join them and momentarily escape from this prison that was otherwise my home.

My ecstatic smile faded as Poe apparently noticed that he was being stared at from above. His eyes abruptly searched up the side of the castle until he found my lonesome figure standing idle against the glass, admiring him and BB-8.

Blushing with embarrassment, I decided that I would simply back away from the window now that I had unfortunately been caught, and return to my writing task at hand.

But the smile on Poe's face told me otherwise.

He slowly raised his hand and waved at me, causing my cheeks to burn hotter with a scarlet shade. I mirrored his actions and sent a small wave towards him as well as wiggling my fingers, which he accepted with an even wider grin than before.

BB-8 took the opportunity now that Poe was distracted, running over his foot mischievously and beeping playfully as Poe grabbed his leather boot in agony.

I couldn't help but laugh along at their free antics and the way they chased each other around the yard just beyond my window.

I wanted to have fun just as much as they were.

Perhaps a few moments couldn't deter me or distract me for too long.

I rushed away from the window and slid my feet into my dress slippers, pulling up my lavender dress to properly tie the ribbons around my ankles. I forced my intricately designed braids, one behind each ear, back over my shoulders as I stood to my feet.

With a determined gait, I dashed out of my quarters and followed the often-taken path down the stairs and past many familiar faces. With quick greetings and waves of acknowledgment, I exited one of the many back thresholds that led to the bright outdoors.

I nervously wrung my hands in anticipation as my feet guided me through the bushes and around the castle, nearing the only place on the property I wished to be.

At hearing his melodic and baritone laugh again, I hid again, now behind the brick corner of the castle, silently peering around to find Poe and his droid resuming their purely happy interactions and enjoying the wonderful and temperament climate of Interitus.

I rested my head against the rough texture of the bricks as I admired their free-spirited natures while they did as they pleased.

If only I could be as rebellious and as carefree as the pilot and his droid that had traveled all this distance to find me.

As of right now, I was breaking several rules, which wasn't as difficult as I previously assumed it would be.

But I would most likely be reprimanded later.

BB-8 rolled around Poe's feet until he stopped abruptly, then turning to find me sneakily watching them. I gasped in surprise, realizing how awful I was at attempting to be a spy, and hurriedly turned back around and out of their line of sight.

I inwardly groaned at my carelessness and began to trot towards the castle in defeat. I didn't want to be noticed or caught in my moment of curious excitement, and yet I had been discovered for a second time.

I just wanted to observe a priceless moment that I could never afford to experience.

Excited trills met my ears as BB-8 zoomed past me and blocked the path towards the castle doors. He beeped frantically and rolled around my feet as I tried to escape his entrapment. "BB-8," I laughed, stepping over him and trying to make it back into the safety of the castle, "You're going to get me caught."

"A bit late for that, Your Highness. I caught you earlier watching me from your window." A voice factually stated from behind me, inspiring me to halt in my tracks as I had been utterly found out. Again.

I slowly turned around and found Poe standing a few feet away from me. I covered my eyes in embarrassment and shame. "I apologize, Poe. I didn't mean to pry or stare intrusively, I just..." BB-8 nudged my leg and I knelt in response, rubbing his head softly. "I just wanted to...um...see what having fun was like."

BB-8 trilled quietly as his head maneuvered around his body, glancing at me with his illuminated receptors. I smiled and rubbed the side of his circular form, standing to my feet. He glanced back to Poe and circled me playfully.

"You don't just have to watch, Princess. You can join us if you like. Right, BB? She can stay if she likes, hm?" BB-8 trilled melodically in response to Poe's question, nudging me towards Poe as he rolled softly against my calves. Poe chuckled, taking a step closer towards his droid and I. "Oh-oh, yeah, right." He mumbled to himself, lowering on one knee and placing a closed fist over his heart as he stared up at me in reverence. "Princess." He re-enacted the respectable stance from yesterday as he valiantly posed before me.

I covered my smile and chuckled as he watched me in confusion. I shuffled towards him and knelt before his figure, reaching out to gently remove his hand from his chest. "Oh, Poe." I giggled, resting his hand onto his raised knee. "You only have to do this once. When you first meet me." I whispered, watching his face fall in shame as he realized he was in the wrong. Unbeknownst to me, he had read a little about the culture and customs of Interitus, but he didn't exactly finish the entire section of the royal mannerisms. "No, no," I gently held onto his jacketed shoulder as I stood, "Please don't apologize, my Poe. There's no offense. Come, come. Stand up." I laughed heartily, offering my hand to Poe as he returned to his full height again.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness, I'm not really cut out for this whole royal thing with the bowing and the kneeling and the..." He trailed off, eyeing my face intensely as I studied his features. "The whole Princess thing." He licked his dried lips and placed his hands onto his belted hips. "You're the first Princess, well, second Princess I've ever met, Your Majesty."

I smiled kindly as I admired his brown eyes and dark eyelashes. "The second? Who was the first?" I inquired, watching Poe scratch the back of his neck as he chuckled.

"The General of the Resistance, General Leia. Princess Leia, as it turns out." He returned, eyeing BB-8 as he nudged Poe's calf and beeped in a language only Poe could understand. "No, no. Stop it." His cheeks blushed furiously at whatever the droid was reprimanding or asking him.

"I always enjoy Princess-Sorry, General Leia's visits. She is such a lovely soul and a dear friend of mine." I grinned at the wonderful memories I shared of Princess Leia when she would intermittently visit Interitus.

Poe cleared his throat and swallowed harshly as he glanced around us. "You know General Leia?" I nodded in response to his prose, which was followed by another question. "Are you supposed to be out here? With me?" He wondered, raising an eyebrow in suspicion that he was forgetting yet another rule from the book he should have finished before venturing here. "Don't you have Princess-type things to do?"

"I...I have some studies in a little bit, but..." Our eyes met and I felt as if I couldn't separate from him, nor did I ever want to. "But if you'll have me...I'd like to show you around my home." I wrung my hands together, fearing that this pilot would have more important tasks to complete rather than walk around with me. "Or if you're busy, I'll... I'll just come back later."

"Oh, I-I'd love to. If that's okay." Poe agreed, shaking his head earnestly and causing BB-8 to melodically concede as well. He bumped my leg and I crouched to greet him again. "I don't get it, Your Majesty. He's really taken to you. He likes you." With a panicked roll, BB-8 targeted Poe's leg and rammed into his shin. "Ow! You little-"

I bit my lip and opened my arms for the droid to return to me once more. He happily obliged and rolled into my arms. "Poe needs to be nicer to you, little one. Doesn't he?" I cooed, giggling when BB-8 agreed with sighs of trills. "Don't worry. I like you too, BB-8."

Poe shook his head and sighed, rubbing his shin and chuckling to himself. "Alright, Your Highness, where are we off to?" He asked, facing me once more.

"Please, Poe. Call me (Y/N)." I offered, watching his cheeks slightly redden. "It's only fair that you say my name as often as I say yours." His lips curved upwards into a charming smile. A strange feeling arose in my stomach, causing me to feel nervous and ill-prepared for a moment like this.

"I...I will...Try my best, Your Highness." He returned, now turning away to begin our stroll. Before he began, he angled himself towards me again and slowly offered his arm towards me, smiling softly as he looked down at me in nervous anticipation.

I glanced away from the expression of adoration in his eyes as I reached forward to accept. He moved in closer so I wouldn't have to reach very far. My hand slipped around the inside of his elbow as I accepted his arm, positioning myself beside him. His taller stature blocked the sunlight from my eyes as I peered up at him again. "Thank you, Poe."

"You're welcome, Princess." He returned, placing his hand that held my arm onto his stomach as he began to walk. His shortened his strides so I could match his gait. BB-8 circled us, then rolled in front of us, leading the way to wherever it is we were going. "Where to first, my Lady?"

I reached for a portion of my heavy dress, raising it slightly so I could walk easier alongside Poe. "I believe my father showed you around the inside of the castle yesterday, correct?"

Poe ruffled his hair and nodded. "Yes, Ma'am. He did, and, your home is the most beautiful that I have ever seen." He answered, leading us to the graveled path that had been purposely carved out around the perimeter of the castle.

"Thank you, Poe. Well, if you've seen the inside and around the outside, perhaps I can show you just beyond the castle? Maybe leading towards the closet village? There's a small hill that overlooks the flat landscape." I explained, holding onto his elbow gently as he carefully guided me around the pathway.

"That sounds great. For a planet that's known for its power of destruction and undefeated warriors, I must admit I was surprised to find it so..." He glanced at me before looking in front of us, "Beautiful here. I assumed it would have been a wasteland."

I sighed and offered a smile towards him. "I suppose at one time it was. Interitus was once a most desolate planet. War reigned instead of kings and the land had been havocked by famine and death. The thick, obsidian dust of the planet had been so manipulated from the battles here, that the sun had been blocked out for a period of time." I raised my head towards the clear skies. "But, as with everything, change arrived. Several kings realized the destructive power of the planet and the people that lived here, and decided that instead of using the violent tendencies for purely offensive measures, that defense should be used in its place."

"So Interitus is a planet of protection, then?" Poe questioned, turning to me as we walked side-by-side.

"Yes. My father supports those who cannot defend themselves. That's why he has offered his resources to the Resistance, to fight the cause that will benefit the future of the galaxy." I grinned, facing him. "What is it like? Being a part of the Resistance, Poe? Do you get to travel to distant places? And experience adventure?"

Poe laughed heartily, causing my smile to drop instantaneously. "You ask a lot of questions, Princess. Being a Rebel isn't easy. Of course there's adventure, but...it always comes at a cost." He shrugged, sighing as we neared the front of the castle. "In order to usher in the light, there's always a sacrifice that must be made."

BB-8's terrified shrieks met our ears as the small droid bolted behind Poe and myself. He trembled behind our legs as we searched for what had irreparably scared him.

Poe tensed beside me as a Knight of Bellica began to approach us indignantly. He was decorated and clad in reflective armor and black chainmail, with an intimidating helmet obscuring his face. "Is that guy one of yours?" Poe inquired, worriedly watching as the Knight rapidly closed the distance.

I smiled and nodded, waving to the Knight as he approached. "Yes." We had stopped walking as the Knight halted before me. He bowed respectively and offered his hand towards me. I released the bottom of my dress and slipped my hand into his gloved one.

The Knight lifted the facial portion of his helmet, revealing himself to who I had already known it to be. "Good afternoon, Princess (Y/N)." Ternus greeted, placing the back of my hand against his forehead, then kissing my knuckles softly, as was the requirements of all the Knights of Bellica.

"Hello, Ternus! Verum requested that I tell you that she loves you, in case she arrives home late tonight and doesn't have the opportunity to tell you beforehand." I returned, squeezing his hand softly as he smiled sweetly.

"Of course, that sounds like my wife. When you see her, please let her know that I love her more." Ternus requested, standing tall as he released my hand. He eyed Poe who had also adjusted his posture to be undeniably straighter.

I grinned and patted Poe's arm, and motioning to Ternus. "This is Poe Dameron, my pilot. and Poe, this is Ternus, the right-hand Knight of my father, and my most dedicated guardian."

Poe offered his freehand to Ternus who shook is professionally. "Hello, Ternus." He greeted politely, still unsure of what culture hints he was missing or lacking in. I held his forearm in comfort, feeling him relax beside me. "It's an honor to be here."

"Poe Dameron. It's an honor to have you." Ternus bowed slightly. "I have heard about you. You're the Resistance's most successful pilot, correct?" Poe nervously chuckled and nodded unwillingly. "Then you'll have no problem keeping our Princess safe should she board your craft?"

"No problems at all, Ternus. Your Princess is certainly safe with me." Poe honestly vowed, holding my arm more snuggly into his side. The small action cause me to blush noticeably as I stepped closer to him. "You have my word."

Ternus sighed and placed a hand onto a weapon that had been holstered onto his hip. "On Interitus, we don't only believe in words, Poe, but actions. Your actions should drown out everything you say as you prove your loyalty to our most precious treasure on Interitus." He glanced to me and smiled. "The children are arriving and I believe they will be expecting you, Your Majesty."

With another respectful bow, Ternus left Poe and I, now approaching a small group of young children that were excitedly walking towards the castle from the paved road that led to the village.

"What's happening?" Poe questioned curiously, noticing the children that were happily skipping and waving wildly at every servant and Knight they passed, almost as if they lived on the property.

"Once a week, the orphans of the village come to the castle to enjoy a feast, activities, and a day of creating wonderful memories." I watched the children notice me and shout their greetings as they began to walk closer. "These are...the children whose parents died during wars and crusades. They were left homeless and alone. Of course, now they live in an orphanage, but I wanted them to have an opportunity to be free of their circumstances, even it is only for a day." I explained, feeling Poe shift as he looked down towards me.

"This is your doing, Princess? Your idea?" He asked, inspiring me to face him as I nodded in confirmation.

"Today is called die pertinendi, The Day of Belonging, where every child has the chance to belong to a family. My family." I stated, observing the obvious phases of expressions on Poe's face. He was contemplating heavily and sincerely as he affectionately scanned my face.

Sudden shouts and yells turned my attention towards the group of approximately fifteen children, from ages five to twelve, as they surrounded me excitingly. I released Poe's arm as they tugged onto dress and called out my name earnestly.

"Hello, my beautiful princes and princesses!" I grinned, kneeling onto the grass and laughing loudly as tiny arms engulfed me in charming and genuine hugs of appreciation. "I have missed you all! I hope you're all hungry because my father made sure that our dinner would be extravagant tonight!" I tenderly kissed the cheeks of the children that were close to me. "And I've requested that all of your favorite desserts be there too."

I had often dreamed that one day, there would be no orphaned children on Interitus. Until that day, I would do whatever in my power to ensure a happy and healthy life to those who were in desperate need of a family and love.

"Princess! Princess!" A young girl cried, reaching for me through the crowd of happily conversing children. She was only around six, and the most petite of the orphans that arrived weekly to the castle. Her fingers reached for me as she beckoned for my attention.

"Yes, Kirae?" I answered, holding her stretched hand and leading her towards my crouched figure amongst the throng of awaiting children.

Her brown hair was wildly curled about her shoulders and her violet eyes blinked rapidly as she pointed to a silent Poe who had been simply observing the interaction. "Is that-Is that your Prince?" She questioned, smiling brightly, revealing several gaps from teeth she had recently lost. "He's very handsome, Princess." She whispered into my ear with a playful giggle.

The children began to teasingly ooh and ahh as I blushed furiously with an obvious scarlet hue. I giggled as they teased me, pulling on the hem of my dress as I stood back up, motioning Poe closer to me. He obliged with a charming smile, and I naturally slid my hand under his elbow once more. "He's even better than a Prince, my dears. He's my pilot." I winked towards Kirae, answering what only she and I knew of. "And yes, yes he is."

With amazed faces and hollers of excited wonder, the group of children jumped and clapped for Poe, as they had always heard about stories of pilots, yet hadn't seen on this closely before.

Pilots were legendary on Interitus.

A servant's voice beckoned for the children to enter the castle to begin their afternoon of crafts and activities before dinner. With waves and shouts of goodbyes, the children hurried away to obey their calling. I blew kisses from my hand towards them all, laughing as they caught them and plastered them to their cheeks.

"You're the people's Princess, hm?" Poe finally spoke as I waved to the children as they all began to walk away.

"I just try to spread happiness and love wherever I go. It's the least I can do in terms of basic compensation for what my planet has done. You don't have to be royal to do that." I returned with a sly chuckle, watching BB-8 follow after the children as they entered the castle. He expectantly looked towards Poe and I, rolling back and forth and beeping in a rush.

Poe cleared his throat and gestured towards BB-8. "BB is asking for your permission, Princess." He grinned, shaking his head at the droid that beeped something else for Poe's understanding only.

"Oh, sure, BB! As long as Poe says it's alright. Is it okay?" I turned towards Poe and watched as he nodded in acceptance, shooing BB away in the direction that the children had ran off. "Have fun!" I waved, chuckling as BB-8 zigzagged away in excitement.

Poe and I began to walk again, now a short distance away from the castle and towards the outskirts of the massive property. "I have to be honest, Princess. You're not what I was expecting in the slightest." Poe muttered softly, bringing his arm closer into his side, which in turn, brought me closer to him.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, Poe." I returned quietly, adjusting my hair back over my shoulder. Gravel crunched under our feet as we followed the path leading towards the small village.

In a panicked voice, he tried to correct himself. "No, no, that's not what I meant. I-I meant that you're more than I was ever expecting. And I'm very honored that I have the honor of being called your pilot." He softly patted my hand that had moved to hold his bicep.

I bit my lip nervously and searched his eyes that were already trained on me. "Poe, I'd like to personally invite you to the gala, it's my 24th year, and I would be overjoyed if you attended as my guest." His face brightened in a grin unlike any I had seen before.

Our steps slowed as my name was being loudly beckoned from the castle. My mother was requesting for me to return to continue my studies. I hurriedly turned to see her waving from the castle to gain my attention.

"I'll be there, Princess. As your pilot, wherever you go, I'll go." He smirked and also noticed my mother that was insistent on my return. "Princess duties are calling?" His question was laced with longing for us to stay here, and with a disappointment to have to end our time together.

I looked to my feet in submission, not daring to glance back at my mother that was more than aware that I was being disobedient to her calling. "Yes, but..." My hand slipped from Poe's elbow and rested on his wrist softly. "I don't want to leave." I truthfully claimed, staring into his face as he studied my saddened expression. "I'm sorry, I wanted to show you more."

"Don't apologize, Your Highness. What you've showed me has been more than beautiful, in so many ways." Poe comforted me, grasping my hand softly. Believing he now had the customs correct, he copied Ternus' actions and brought my hand to his forehead as he bowed respectfully. He then kissed the back of my hand tenderly, smiling as I watched him do so.

I didn't have the heart to correct him again.

He was performing a courtesy that only the Knights of Bellica were required to enact for me. His actions were pure and true as he did what he thought to be correct.

Poe was inadvertently vowing to protect me, not as a pilot, but as an eques, one of my Knights.

My mother beckoned for me again and I began to worry about my consequences should I force her to wait any longer. Poe raised his eyes towards my surprised expression, placing a second, more gentle kiss on my knuckles. "Until next time, Princess." His voice was soft as his scruff tickled my hand.

He carefully released my hand as I began to back away, holding my dress up slightly. "Until next time, Pilot." I giggled as he laughed, settling his hands onto his hips as I began to trot towards the castle.

I turned around, now focusing on the castle before me, but glanced over my shoulder to steal a final glance at the pilot who had unexpectedly caused my heart to take flight.
***
"And what is your responsibility once you enter a room of people you aren't associated with?" My mother questioned me as I sat in my throne. She was pacing the lengthy rug before the thrones, quizzing me on the proper etiquette that a Princess should be familiar with.

It was important that I was confident with every rule and practice, especially with the gala in two days.

"I greet everyone with a smile and introduce myself. You never have a second chance at a first impression." I recited from memory, mindlessly playing with my hair that rested over my shoulder.

My thoughts continued to return to Poe and our walk just a few hours earlier.

"That's right. What is the proper protocol for the gala in two days' time?" She asked, turning her pace around and beginning again.

I fiddled with my sleeves and cleared my throat. "To dance with everyone...especially the bachelors." I returned, not actually desiring to follow the etiquette.

There was only one person I wished to dance with.

"More specifically, the upper class bachelors, (Y/N)." My mother halted in her pacing, but didn't look at me directly. "There are different classes instituted for a reason, my daughter. You are of a higher rank, a higher social status." She gestured with her hands before slowly turning to me. "You are aware of the forbidden laws concerning fraternization with those of a lower class."

My mouth opened slightly as she began to approach me. "Mother...I..." The words could hardly leave my mouth as I attempted to understand exactly what she was explaining to me.

"Whatever fantastical fixation you have with this pilot, is clearly forbidden. You know as well as I do that you are from two different worlds. Two different classes of society, spread across the galaxies." Her face bore a genuine expression, yet her words didn't hurt any less. "(Y/N), you...cannot be with him, do you understand?"

I released my braid and nodded my head in understanding, although I didn't want to agree. "But, Mother, I just-I just want to understand him!" I explained for myself, hoping she would believe my answer that wasn't necessary all the truth. "He fascinates me..."

"My dear..." She sighed, nearing me and covering her hand with my own. "I just want to protect you, my darling. I once found a man other than your father to be fascinating. He was everything I had ever dreamed of in the husband I desired. And..." She wiped her cheek quickly and caressed my own cheek with a finger. "And it was for the better that I married your father. Just as you'll marry the Prince."

My lip trembled as I covered my eyes with my hands. I didn't want to bear the responsibility of following the rules and laws instituted centuries before.

But I couldn't fail my planet, my subjects, or my parents either.

"I think I'm done with my studies, Mother." I sniffed, standing from the throne and descending the steps, my dress trailing behind me. "Don't expect me for dinner tonight." I added, blinking tears down my cheeks as I ignored her calls for me once again.

I removed the crown from my head that my mother insisted on me wearing. Wearing a crown made my mind and heart heavier, which I why I preferred to be crown-less throughout the day.

With a silent weep, I turned the corner into a separated corridor and gasped when I nearly tripped over an unexpected surprise.

"Hello, BB-8." I forced a smile and knelt to greet him as he nudged my hand softly. He trilled sadly as I wiped the trailing tears from my cheeks. "I'm fine, little one. It's okay." I certainly wasn't fine, but dared not worry him, or else he would probably inform Poe. "What can I do for you?"

BB melodically hummed as he rolled back and forth, maneuvering his head around his body. With a click and a hiss, a metallic portion of his body protruded towards me, holding what appeared to be a folded paper.

"Is this for me?" I questioned, reaching for the paper that BB had valiantly delivered to me. He beeped loudly and happily, his lights blinking rapidly as I accepted the folded paper and opened it carefully. "Thank you." I wiped my remaining tears and scanned the letter carefully.

Princess,

Thank you for showing me your world from the ground. Meet me at midnight, at our tree, and I'll be honored to show you from the sky.

Your Pilot,

Poe :)

I clutched the letter to my chest and swallowed new tears that were threatening to break forth. BB rested his head against my arm as I struggled to deliver an answer for him to take back to his master.

I quickly blinked away tears and kissed BB-8 on the top of his head. "Will you tell Poe that..." I glanced towards the throne room and considered the recent conversation I had with my mother. "Will you tell him that I'll be there, please?" I turned back to BB who happily trilled again, rolling around me quickly.

Without hesitation, the droid darted down the corridor and out of my sight, more than ecstatic to return to Poe with my answer.

As forbidden as this was, this rebellious path that I was deciding to follow was allowing me to feel more free than ever before, even though I was still imprisoned in what was supposed to be my home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 252 14
Claudia "Claude" Dameron, the 17 year old sister of Poe Dameron, is an untrained Force-sensitive girl who is also an exceptional pilot like her broth...
967 34 11
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... Before the awakening, there was Black Squadron. A team of elite pilots led by Commander Poe Dameron, tas...
1.9K 92 25
Set after episode XI (the rise of skywalker) I don't own Star Wars or any of the characters in here. Most of the ideas of mine but there may be sligh...
22.9K 827 32
She spent three years as the student of Kylo Ren. Three years until she's finally given the chance to prove her worth to the First Order. After a bot...