epiphany - lydia martin [book...

By scorpioid

in which scott mccall has a twin sister and lydia martin finally gets the love story she deserves. [lydia m... More

chapter one. perspective
chapter two. full moon
chapter three. murderous
chapter four. kick in the balls
chapter five. questions
chapter six. 678-999-8212
chapter seven. crush
chapter eight. note to self
chapter nine. confessions pt. 2
chapter ten. heart monitor
chapter eleven. teen wolf
chapter twelve. on the run
chapter thirteen. rescued
chapter fourteen. what?
chapter fifteen. gemini
chapter sixteen. jealousy, jealousy
chapter seventeen. alpha
chapter eighteen. miscommunication?
chapter nineteen. hail mary
chapter twenty. the bite
chapter twenty-one. surprise, motherfucker
chapter twenty-two. what the hell is she?
chapter twenty-three. the turn
chapter twenty-four. search party
chapter twenty-five. bad liar
chapter twenty-six. things still left to say
chapter twenty-seven. fears
chapter twenty-eight. lost
chapter twenty-nine. abomination
chapter thirty-one. revelations
chapter thirty-two. break up
chapter thirty-three. detention
chapter thirty-four. inconclusive
chapter thirty-five. rave
chapter thirty-six. make up
chapter thirty-seven. who controls the kanima?
chapter thirty-eight. backstabber
chapter thirty-nine. the truth
chapter forty. chess
chapter forty-one. clarity

chapter thirty. faith

2.5K 92 11
By scorpioid

Lydia was ignoring me.

She didn't sit with me in class and I knew why and I knew I deserved it but it still didn't feel good. I felt so bad for leaving her the other night but Stiles needed me and I wished I could just explain that to her. I just didn't want her to see me differently. We had only been dating for like a couple of weeks, I knew if I told her things would change. She couldn't have felt so strongly about me. At least not like how I felt about her.

I sighed as I was sat next to Jackson in Coach Finstock's class, seeing Stiles glance back at me momentarily. He had a certain look on his face that I couldn't make out. Like he was thinking of saying something but he didn't wanna say it. I looked at him in confusion before I looked over at Scott who was sitting in front of Jackson, my brother shrugging. The bell rang, prompting me to take out my notebook. "Hey, testicle left and right." Jackson called, looking at Scott and Stiles.

I furrowed my brows, "Does that mean you're the dick? Because if so, it's very fitting." I said with a smirk, the Whittemore boy rolling his eyes.

"What the hell is a kanima?" Jackson questioned. The two boys looked at each other, annoyance in their eyes.

"All right, listen up." Finstock called, causing us to turn to him. "A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like Mr. McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult - I'm not even too sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh?" Some random guy shot up, racing to the board after grabbing the marker from Finstock. "Come on, let's go, buddy."

Jackson then started explaining how Derek's minions, Erica and Isaac, drug him to the abandoned subway station where Derek was now staying and made him drink the venom from the Kanima's claws. I guess to see if he would be poisoned by it, to indicate whether or not he was the Kanima. "Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feels like?" Jackson asked.

"I'm familiar with the sensation." Stiles replied.

"Wait - why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Scott asked in confusion.

Jackson shrugged, "How should I know?"

My eyes widened, "Wait, do they think it's Lydia?"

Jackson shook his head, "I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about chemistry."

"Jackson!" Coach yelled. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

Jackson chuckled nervously, "Um - just an undying admiration for my - my coach."

The dark-haired man smiled, "That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?"

Scott sighed, looking at me. "How do we know it's not her?"

I shook my head vigorously, "It's not, okay. I - I would know if it was her. I would feel it." I was worried, I wasn't gonna lie. I didn't think it was her. There was no way that Lydia could turn into something so ugly and vicious when she was so beautiful and gentle.

Stiles nodded, "And besides, I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil. And when I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil. All right, maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day."

"Guys, that's not a very good argument." Scott pointed out.

I sighed, "I'm aware of that, but I swear it's not her. It can't be, all right? Lydia's fine." But she wasn't. She told me about seeing things and not understanding what was happening to her. What if it was because she was the Kanima?

I didn't wanna think about that. And I definitely wasn't gonna tell anybody else what she told me.

I looked up at the board when I heard an insane heartbeat, realizing that Lydia was stood at the front, a piece of chalk in her hand as she cried hysterically.

"Lydia..." Finstock called repeatedly.

I instantly stood up, slowly making my way towards her. She had her eyes shut, the girl whimpering. "Lydia." I whispered, gently taking the piece of chalk from her hand. Her eyes shot open, realizing that I was standing in front of her. I sent her a concerned look as she looked around in confusion, a tear staining her cheek.

"Okay then, anybody else want to try answering?" Coach asked. "This time in English?" The class started to laugh, causing me to feel the humiliation that was emitting off of my girlfriend.

"Oh, shut up." I spat in annoyance, causing everyone to go silent. I looked back to the board, realizing that Lydia had written something backwards all over the board. It was definitely English, I just couldn't make out what it said. "Come on, it's okay." I told her, resting my hands on her arms as I lead her back to see her seat. "Come find me after class so we can talk, okay?"

The girl didn't say anything, she just brushed her hair back and stuck her head in her book. I sighed as I walked back over to my seat, looking to Scott and Stiles. "No, actually, I think it is English." I heard Stiles say, the boy mirroring the picture of the writing that he took on his phone.

someonehelpme

>

"Lydia, Lydia, Lydia." I called repeatedly as I followed behind the girl who was walking down the hallway, acting as if I didn't exist. "Can you please just talk to me? I'm worried about you." I told her, the girl finally turning around to face me. I looked down at her in concern, sensing the annoyance in her eyes.

"How can you even say that?"

I furrowed my brows, "What do you mean?"

"How can you say that you're worried about me and then ditch me with no explanation as I'm crying in my car?" She asked, her voice full of sorrow. I swallowed as I looked down, feeling even more guilty than I did before. "I mean, I'm supposed to be your girlfriend and I needed you last night. And you were nowhere to be found. So finally tell me, what was so important that you had to leave so suddenly?"

I looked up at her, biting my lip anxiously as I tried to come up with a response. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't explain everything to her right this second. I knew no matter how I answered, this was going to end with her still mad at me. "I just - Stiles was in trouble so I had to help him, I wouldn't have left if it wasn't super important. I meant to come back, I'm sorry I - the time just got away from me."

Lydia scoffed, shaking her head. "You know, since you have so much time to help Stiles with his problems and not mine, maybe you should date him."

I watched as she walked away, feeling a pang in my chest. I felt a ball form in my throat, trying not to cry as I made my way to Chemistry class. I didn't know how I was gonna get her to forgive me without telling her what I really didn't want to tell her. Stiles and Derek could've died if I didn't help. Of course, she doesn't know that, but I really didn't have a choice. I just got her and I was already losing her. I didn't know what was going on with her but I just hoped she wasn't the Kanima. For the love of God, please don't let Lydia be the Kanima.

"Derek is not gonna kill her without proof." I heard Scott say as I sat next to Stiles at our long black table, the boy sending me a nod. I just returned a short one. I couldn't be bothered to talk or smile right now. I had nothing going for me.

My girlfriend who was probably gonna be my ex-girlfriend by the end of the week was mad at me because I was an ass, and she also probably sensed that I was lying. My girlfriend was also probably going to be murdered by Derek Hale, or the Argents, at the end of the week because she was probably the Kanima.

"All right, so he tests her like he did with Jackson, right? But when and where?" Stiles inquired.

"I think here and now."

Mr. Harris slowly walked around the room, looking among the students, "Einstein once said, "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity;" And I'm not sure about the universe but I myself have encountered infinite stupidity." He said whilst patting Stiles on the back, causing the boy's face to fall. "So to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one. Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with -" He didn't get to finish before most of the other students raised their hands to volunteer to be Erica's partner. Mr. Harris glared at them, "I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr. McCall." He told the blonde before she made her way over to Scott. Well, at least he could make sure that Erica didn't do anything to Lydia while he was partnered up with her.

Everyone started to switch seats, Stiles sending me a worried look as he sat with a random girl. I rolled my eyes as Isaac took a seat next to me, not bothering to look at him. I glanced over at Scott and Erica, realizing that the girl was running her hand up Scott's thigh. "If I were Allison, I'd be wanting you - All the time." I heard Erica whisper, glancing back at Allison who was sitting behind me with Lydia. The brunette glanced at Scott and Erica before continuing her experiment, not batting an eyelash. I looked over to my girlfriend, the girl only glancing at me for a moment before she looked back to her best friend. I sighed as I started to focus on Isaac who was mixing some liquid and powder in our beaker.

"Never? You never get jealous?" I heard Lydia ask.

"Why would I?" Allison replied.

"Because of that thing happening over there. That requires some jealousy."

I heard Isaac chuckle to himself, causing me to look over at him threateningly. "Trouble in paradise?" He asked in amusement, a smug grin on his face.

"Just shut up and mix this shit with this shit so I can go partner up with someone else." I replied, handing him the different colored containers. The curly-haired boy chuckled before he obliged. I glared at him, looking back at Lydia again to find that she was already looking at me. She seemed sad. I sighed before I looked back to the werewolf, noticing that he was smirking at my girlfriend. I clenched my jaw in anger,  "If you harm one little strawberry-blonde hair on her perfect head, I'm gonna rip those cute little curls off of your head and stuff them in your mouth to suffocate you." I threatened, earning an unintimidated laugh from Isaac. "Scott and I already kicked your asses once, it's not gonna be hard to do it again."

Isaac turned to me, clenching his jaw as his eyes glowed a golden yellow. I glared at him, itching to punch him in the face before the bell rang, indicating it was time for us to switch again.

"Don't talk to Isaac or Erica." I heard Allison say as I gathered my things, my eyes not leaving Isaac's as I quickly sat down next to Lydia. My girlfriend sent me a faint, sad smile before she continued working on the experiment.

I tried to help but she seemed like she wanted to do everything herself anyway so I just let her. I subtly looked at the girl next to me, admiring her features. I knew she was still upset with me but it was so hard not to look at her. I wanted to be with her so bad. I wanted to do everything with her.

I looked over at Allison who was sitting with Erica, the blonde's hand sliding up the brunette's thigh as she looked at her mischievously. I rose my eyebrows in surprise. I didn't know Erica swung that way. It seemed like she just wanted a threesome with Scott and Allison, she wasn't focused on any of this other shit. Obviously, I was kidding.

I sighed, turning to Lydia, "Are you just gonna ignore me forever?" I finally asked, my girlfriend letting out a scoff.

"It's been like 20 minutes since we last talked. And I'm not ignoring you."

"You're not?" I asked hopefully, sitting up.

The redhead shook her head, puckering her lips as she mixed the solution with mini metal tongs.
"No, I just - don't understand what's going on with you. I feel like you're not telling me something." I swallowed thickly as I looked away momentarily. I didn't wanna make her feel like she was crazy because she was right. And I didn't like lying to her. So I just didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say. "I mean, is there something on between you and Stiles? Is that what it is?"

My eyes widened, "What?"

"I mean, I know you've known him forever so I kind of always thought something must be going on between you two but -"

"Lydia, just - stop right there." I said, holding up my hand. I opened my mouth to speak before the bell rang, everybody switching seats again. "Lydia." I called as she started to walk to another seat, looking around for Scott or Stiles. Everybody was racing around so fast, I ended up being seated with Allison, and Scott and Stiles were sat together. So Isaac was with Lydia.

I sighed, the brunette girl next to me sharing the same defeated look that I did. "Do you know what we're doing?" I asked, Allison laughing as she picked up the beaker.

"I think so, yeah." She replied, a small grin on her face as she started to clump the mixture together with her hands. I ran my hands through my hair, watching as Isaac flirted with Lydia, the girl laughing at whatever dumb joke he had said. I rolled my eyes, grumbling a few unpleasant words before I turned back to Allison. "Everything okay?" The Argent girl asked.

I shook my head, "Yeah, fine."

The girl chuckled, obviously not buying it, "We're not gonna do this again, are we?"

I furrowed my brows, "Do what?"

"Having to prove to you that Lydia likes you, and only you."

"I don't care about Isaac. I'm more worried about how she's gonna react when she realizes I'm not human."

"Why? At first I was a little shocked, but it didn't change the way I felt about Scott."

"Well yeah, but Scott had just told you that he loved you. I don't know how Lydia feels about me but I know she doesn't love me. I have no sense of security. I mean, what happened the other night. My skin peeling, almost like scales. The feeling of having about a million teeth in my mouth. I didn't know what I looked like but I knew it wasn't pretty. How do you know she won't go running the other way?" I asked, realizing that I sounded scared out of my mind. I couldn't bear the thought of Lydia breaking up with me. I had imagined the look on her face when she realized what I was probably about a hundred times, and none of them made me feel good.

Allison just chuckled lightly, "You should really have more faith in your girlfriend. I understand why you're scared about telling her but I bet she likes you a lot more than you think. And I don't think she'd break up with you over it."

"You don't know that."

I brought my attention back to the front as Mr. Harris rang the bell, "Time. If you've catalyzed the reaction correctly, you should now be looking at a crystal." I watched as Lydia pulled out a perfect, sugary looking crystal, the girl smiling at her successful experiment. "Now for the part of that last experiment I'm sure you'll all enjoy - You can eat it." Isaac motioned for the girl to eat it, my girlfriend smiling as she took a look at the crystal. I squinted before I saw the clear liquid dripping from the crystal. It was Kanima venom.

"Lydia!" Scott and I yelled just as she was about to put it in her mouth.

Lydia furrowed her brows as she looked between the two of us, "What?"

Scott shook his head as he covered his mouth before he sat back down. "Nothing." He muttered before she looked back to the crystal. I swallowed thickly, deciding to keep quiet as well. It was now or never.

The entire class was watching her. I saw a black figure standing outside of the window. It was Derek. He was watching from a couple feet away, waiting to see what happened. And then she took a bite of the sugary treat, letting out a quiet moan as she enjoyed it. That was it. The entire class went back to their studies as she ate it with no problem.

The two boys looked back at Allison and I, all of us sharing the same look.

Nothing happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 1.2K 65
π™Έπš— πšπš‘πšŽ πšπšŠπš—πšŒπšŽ 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚠𝚘 πšœπš˜πšžπš•πšœ πšŒπš˜πš—πšŒπšŽπšŠπš•πš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽπš’πš› πšŠπšπšπšŽπšŒπšπš’πš˜πš—, πš‘πšŽ πšπš›πšŠπš™πš™πš•πšŽπšœ πš πš’πšπš‘ πšπš‘πšŽ πšžπš—πšπšŠπš–πš’οΏ½...
21.3K 295 51
Lillia Hope was any other student at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. She got sorted into Ravenclaw and went on with her life. She got go...
860K 52.9K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
31.5K 869 22
·˚✎ ﹏ a holiday miracle disguised as an annoyance... in which holly gets a scandalous text not meant for her... or... in which rebekah falls for a st...