𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 (𝘏𝘪𝘢𝘵...

By berry_133

One day, Riddle's father finally had enough of his wife's strictness and harshness, he and his wife got into... More

Mysterious Encounter
Mirana Moreal
~Welcome to the Villains' World~
~Welcome to the Villain's world~
~Welcome to the Villain's World~
🥀The Rose-Red Tyrant🥀
🦁The Usurper From The Wilds🦁
🦁Usurpur From The wilds🦁
Quick Announcement!!
Another Announcement :')

🦁The Usurper From The Wilds🦁

2.1K 97 24
By berry_133

(I'm sorry if this part took long to upload, I couldn't think of any scenarios for this one and my brain is just not working properly right now. I'll try to publish my other book when we go into the scarabia arc on this one, do note that it is also a twisted wonderland one but a crossover with another anime. I also got lazy and didn't reread this before posting it so please ignore any mistakes.🧍‍♂️)

Episode 13: The Downfall of Magic

Headmaster's Office

After classes, the group went over to the headmaster's office to discuss previous events that happened in heartslabyul.

"Headmaster, may we come in?" Ace knocked at the door twice before Crowley gave them permission to enter.

"Good day, headmaster." Mirana smiled.

"Ah. Thank you all for coming." He greeted.

"I'll get right to the point. Now that the Heartslabyul incident is behind us... I wanted to give you a proper debriefing on the matter. If you are to become mages, you need to fully understand the malady that befell Mr. Rosehearts." He stated.

"You called it "overblot," right?" Deuce asked.

"Yes, that is correct."

"My brother told me a little about that. He said that could happen to anyone who builds up too much blot. Sounds like Cater was pretty much on the nose with "berserker mode."" Ace shrugged.

"Yeah, but what is "blot," anyway?" Grim curiously asked.

"Ah, indeed. For your sake and Mr. Yuuken's, it would behoove us to start with the basics. I shall teach you all you need to know."

"Now, "blot" is a form of waste that is created as a byproduct of using magic. Just as cars run on gasoline, and in the process, expel dangerous gases as exhaust... Casting spells consumes magical energy, and in the process, expels blot."

"Who knew magic had a carbon footprint? That doesn't sound very healthy." Enma said as he furrowed his brows.

"Quite. Research into the nature of blot has been conducted since time immemorial. And yet, we still understand little about it. All we know for sure is that it is terrifically toxic, and excessive amounts can wreak havoc on a mage's mind and body."

"I guess that's why Grandma was always naggin' me to not overdo it with the magic, huh? Here I thought she just didn't want me to break stuff." Ace sweatdropped.

"Power and peril are two sides of the same coin. Even the greatest of mages cannot cast spell after spell without consequence." Crowley explained to the group.

"So you're tellin' me I'm gonna get sick if I keep usin' magic whenever I want?!" Grim exclaimed.

"Not necessarily. Hm, Perhaps a demonstration would prove more efficient than a mere explanation. Ghosts, assemble! I have a job for you!"

As soon as Crowley called for the ghosts, they immediately appeared.

"Huzzah! You summoned us, Headmaster?"

"Not these guys again?!" Ace exclaimed with a nervous face.

"Would you be so kind as to help me put these young students through their paces?"

"T-this seems like a bad idea." Deuce stated which went ignored by the headmaster.

"Yeah, okay. We'll go a round or two with 'em." One ghost said.

"Now, students, ready your magical pens. Prepare to receive a special lesson from your headmaster!" He announced to the group infront of him.

Everyone readied their magic pens and started battling with the ghosts, while Enma instructed Grim on what to do and where to aim his flames. Mirana didn't participate though because she doesn't like using her magic too much. After a good amount of time and battling, Crowley decided that it was enough and didmissed the ghosts.

"Hey, Headmaster, what's the deal? What does fightin' ghosts got to do with blot?" Grim said as he panted tiredly.

"Direct your attention to the magestone on your collar, Mr. Grim." He pointed towards the stone as the group did as told and looked at their magestones.

"Myah?! My magestone looks all grungy now." Grim exclaimed as he saw that his stone had black ink-like spots on it.

He tried cleaning it off with his paws but it didn't seem to be coming off. "...MYAH?! It won't rub off!"

"Precisely. That inky black stain is the byproduct of spellcasting known as blot." Crowley explained.

"There's some grime on my magical pen, too!"

"Ewww! This is capital-G Gross!" Grim said as he grimaced at the dirtied stone.

"But don't worry, it will come off eventually." Mirana said with a smile as the other's faces lit up.

"Phew! Had me worried there."

"Then how do you get rid of it?" Enma asked.

"With some special soap or somethin'?" Grim added.

"With sufficient rest, blot will vanish from your magestone. This is why a magestone is so valuable to magic users. Not only does it aid your casting, it also serves as a lightning rod of sorts, to prevent blot from accumulating within the caster."

"I see. So when our magestones start to get cloudy, that means it's time for us to ease off." Deuce stated.

Mirana nodded before replying, "Correct. Have proper meals and get a sufficient amount of sleep, and most of the blot will dissapear."

"Gotcha. So when I become an even greater mage, I'll be able to fire off spells left and right! Pa-PEW! After all, I do plenty of sleepin' and eatin'."

"People vary greatly in their capacity for magic. However, save for a few key exceptions, there is little variance in most mages' tolerance for blot." Crowley said.

"What's that mean?"

"In essence, it means that those who possess a great capacity for magic must be meticulous in their efforts to avoid accumulating blot. Like Mr. Rosehearts, for instance."

"So folks who know their way around magic gotta lay off once in a while. Seems simple enough."

"Correct. That said, it isn't anything that mages at YOUR level need to worry about. How very fortunate for you!" He beamed.

Mirana sweatdropped at his statement while the other's took offense, especially Grim.

"I...guess that's only kind of an insult?"

"Anyway, I think I get it. Use magic, get blot. Blot bad. Sleep and food good. But is that really all it took to make Riddle activate berserker mode?" Grim questioned.

"The accumulation of blot is significantly affected by the magician's mental state. Harboring any negative emotion hastens the accumulation of blot by a significant degree.
This, in turn, leads to the dreadful state known as overblot." Mirana explained with Crowley nodding in agrrement.

"Negative energies, huh? Interesting..." Deuce trailed off.

"Do you recall the giant shadow that appeared behind Mr. Rosehearts? Such manifestations are believed to be the result of a fusion between blot and negative energies. I'm afraid that's the extent of what current studies have revealed to us, however. There remain many mysteries surrounding overblot. After all, there are not many opportunities for study and observation."

"Let's hope it stays that way!"

"It is fortunate that we were able to snap Mr. Rosehearts out of it so quickly. If it hadn't been for Ms. Moreal's help... AAAH! It is a prospect too terrifying to consider!" The headmaster yelled and slightly sobbed as which earned him stares from everyone.

"GAH! W-what's your problem?! Yellin' outta the blue like that!"

"Forgive me. I lost my composure. In summary, the use of magic is always accompanied by a certain degree of risk. And I expect you all to keep that in mind." Crowley warned as he fixed his composure.

"Yes, sir." They all said insync.

"Thus concludes your special lesson from the headmaster himself! How wonderfully kind of me. Now, back to your classrooms with you." He said before ushring the group towards the door.

They finally exited the office and left Crowley to do his own business. The group started making their way towards their next classes as Grim hopped onto Mirana's shoulder because he felt too lazy to walk by himself.

"Hey, you need to stop freeloading on Mira." Ace scolded the cat to which he only responded with a shake of his head.

Deuce sighed at the two before turning to the girl. "Oh right, I've been meaning to ask you this Mira, but how did you stop the housewarden so quickly?"

"Yeah, he just immediately passed out as soon as you went towards him." Enma added.

"Well, my unique magic is called "The Queen's Comamad" it allows me to order a target who hears my voice. I don't use it often because it consumes a large amount of magic." She happily answered with her usual smile.

"Whoah! That's such a cool magic to have!" Ace beamed.

"If I had magic like that, I'd order everyone to bring me tons of tuna! Myaha!" Grim said as he drooled at the thought of having an endless supply of tuna.

"You think so? I don't really fancy it as much as you do though."

"Why not?" Deuce asked with a raised brow.

"I still haven't perfected it, so if I'm not careful it activates by itself without me knowing, and later on I'll end up accidentally give a wrong order to a person. It usually only goes off by itself when a strong wave of sadness or anger hits me."

"Is that why you're always smiling and composed? Must be hard." Ace said.

"That aside, we should head to class now." Mirana stated as the group nodded and went to their class.

Unbeknown to them, a person who happened to be walking by heard their conversation. "Interesting..."

"I must get my hands on that unique magic." The person mischeviously grinned before leaving.

𝕋𝕠 𝕓𝕖 ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕦𝕖𝕕...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906K 41.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
150K 5.4K 89
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
652K 14.6K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.2M 47.6K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...