The Arachne tribe

By LyricWillow

Spider in the greek is called Arachne. The Arachne tribe is an unknown tribe, the tribe is known to heal man... More

"Do Not Walk, Keep on Running"
"The Winner of the Opening Game"
"Running Man Championship"
"Feast of the Monster"
"The Bell Hunter, Part 1"
"The Bell Hunter, Part 2"
"Blackout"
"B.I.N.G.O, Bingo!"
OC Profile
"Battle of Superpowers, Part 1"
"Battle of Superpowers, Part 2"
"Missing Gloves"
A/N
Not a chapter
"Prison Break, Part 1 and 2"
"Running Man Express, Part 1"
"Running Man Express, Part 2"
Just a little thing
"The Escape Game"

"Takji Battle"

291 13 6
By LyricWillow

Rumi POV:

All of us are currently sitting in the living room talking random stuff.

"What do you think the next game is gonna be?" Miyo asked.

"I do-" I was cut off when a robot appeared in the center of the lobby.

"This is an announcement regarding your next game. Tomorrow's mini-game is one of the three major sports at Tree City. It's Takji."

"What Takji?"

"Takji?" I asked myself.

"Yeah! I'm a man when it comes to Takji." Liu added.

"Oh yeah, right. I'm a man when it comes to Takji."

"As if! I once won 300 takjis with just one takji."

Both Lonkey and Popo protested.

"Alright gang, you must make takjis that you will use for tomorrow's game. Your takji can be of any shape or size."

"Nice!/Awesome!" The guys cheered.

Still questioning what that game is I raised my hand. The robot noticed and turned to me. "Yes miss Rumi, do you have any questions?"

"Yes, umm, what's takji?" When I asked that the others all looked at me with wide eyes. "Uhh, why are you guys looking at me like that?" By now I was nervous and a little bit embarrassed for some reason.

"Y-you-"

"I what?"

"You don't know what takji is!?" They all yelled simultaneously except Miyo, which caused me to cover my ears.

I shook my head in response still covering my ears.

"Well-" The robot was cut off by Liu that has snapped out of his shocked trance. "We'll teach her instead."

"Bu-" I tried to protest but Liu put a hand over my mask which somehow caused me to shut up.

The robot nods its head in acknowledgment and disappeared.

When Liu finally got his hand off my mask I scowled at him and had a paper scowl on my hand. "Why'd you do that for!?"

"Nothing."

I grumbled as Liu only gave me an innocent smile on his face.

And for the next 30 minutes, Liu and the others explained to me what takji is and its rules.

*timeskip*

The game day has finally arrived.

All of us are in the arena standing on our platforms, warming up. I stretched myself and a robot appeared projecting Charming Gold. 

"As I have said yesterday, Today's mini-game is takji battle. It's one of the three grand sports. Let's find out who will win the title, Lord of the Takji. Let the game begin. Lord of the Takjis." Charming Gold proclaimed while doing his usual dramatic pose as his hologram self disappeared. 

A holographic screen appeared illustrating the game. "Lord of the Takjis! During this match, you must flip your opponent's takji with your takji to win. The winner will get a special item for round three of the individual match and the Ultimate Takji made by the world fellowship of the Takji as the prize." 

It showed a takji with gold and white colors which I stared at in awe with my mouth agape. 

"In this mini-game, your names will randomly be paired up via raffle." Alt 332 continued as the machine started to raffle. "All right. Here we go!" Alt 332 pushed down the lever as the balls inside the machine went up to the screen. 

I deflated when a thought came into mind that Liu is going to be my opponent soon if I don't win which I don't want to. Besides, he's the one who taught me how to play takji, the others did too but Liu did most of the explaining. 

Charming Gold's hologram appeared again. "Are you ready?" We all had an exciting expression. "It's...Running time." 

"Group one, Lonkey versus Miyo. Please enter the Takji stage." 

Lonkey and Miyo's platforms were being moved up to the stage as the two began to fight. Now I know that I'm supposed to pay attention to the match but for me, it isn't my cup of tea. 

So I decided to play with my webs for a bit and focus myself on my own world. 

The game between Lonkey and Miyo ended with Lonkey surprisingly being the winner of the game. I thought Miyo would win but I guess not, I went back to playing with my webs and A little later I felt wind wooshing across the room I opened my eyes to see Kuga doing a body spin tornado thing?

Anyway, Kuga won against Popo so, I really don't care. 

(A/N: Sorry guys, I don't know anything about takji except that you lose when your opponent flips yours, so, on with the story.)

The next group to fight is Pala and Gai. Pala's takji is called root takji which is basically made of leaves? anyway, Gai's takji is called...I really don't know. 

"Pala, you will attack first." The panel announced. 

"What? You want me to attack first? But mine isn't built to play offense." 

I facepalmed at Pala's choice of takji and in that instant fight, Gai won. "Pala is disqualified. Gai wins the preliminary round." The panel announced. 

To be honest I think Pala would've won if his takji can do offense. 

"What? I just won like that?" Gai questioned as the next opponents were me and Liu.

"Next group, Rumi versus Liu." 

Our platforms were moved to the stage. Liu had a determined look on his face and I had a nervous one, I knew I would lose so I did what anyone in my tribe would've done. 

I raised my hand motioning to stop the game before it happened. "Yes, Miss Rumi?" 

"I forfeit." I said deadpan. 

"What!?" The others exclaimed in unison clearly baffled by my action. 

"Alright then, Rumi forfeits and Liu wins the preliminary round." The panel announced as I went back to my platform and it set me to where it was before. 

(A/N: Okay, so I don't know whether to call the voice a panel or robot so please tell me what exactly should I call it because these parts confuse me. Thank you for the reads.)

"Now for group one of the semi-finals." As the panel began to announce the next group I saw Miyo walk up to me. 

"Hey Miyo, you need something?" I asked. 

"Yes, umm why did you forfeit your match with Liu exactly?" She questioned me as she raised one of her eyebrows looking at me with her arms crossed. 

I sheepishly rubbed the nape of my neck along with a smile on my face. "Well, I knew I would lose against Liu, and besides I only knew about takji like yesterday. So I did what anyone in my tribe would...forfeit. And I didn't have the time to make a takji last night." Came my straightforward reply but a sheepish one at the end.

By now Miyo was looking at me with a stunned look on her face clearly in disbelief about my belief when it comes to these times. Her reaction is understandable since one of our tribe's morals is we know if we can win a match or not. 

We turned our attention back to the fight to see Liu's takji up in the air. To say I am amazed by how Liu's takji can defy the laws of gravity. 

As Liu's takji plummeted down Gai multiplied his takji and ordered them to shield him from Liu's takji, it was a good defense though unfortunately for Gai, Liu's takji is much stronger. 

When Liu's takji came in contact with Gai's, Gai's takji flipped making Liu the winner of the round.

"Gai is out. Liu wins the semifinal match." 

"Yes!" Liu cheered to himself. 

"Players of the semi-final two, come to the stage!" Alt 332 stated. 

The two said contestants arrived at the platform and immediately had their foreheads against each other and glared at each other. 

"I will be the Ruler of Takji." Lonkey declared. 

"More like a sacrifice to the ruler." Kuga retorted with a grin. 

The two finally separated. "I can see that you are strong, but I know the surest way to beat you!" Lonkey proclaimed as he threw his takji, starting the battle. "It's the shoes of invincibility!"  

When Lonkey's takji came in contact with Kuga's, I closed my eyes expecting Kuga to lose but when I heard no announcement, I opened them and saw Kuga's takji balancing which shocked me. 

Lonkey continued to attack Kuga with his move 'The shoes of invincibility' which I think is a stupid name. 

With the last kick of Lonkey, Kuga counterattacked and grabbed the leg of Lonkey's takji and threw it left and right repeatedly, and with the final move, Kuga threw Lonkey's takji in the air. 

"Lonkey is out. Kuga wins the semifinal match." 

'Well that was the second fastest match, the first one is Pala and Gai's' I thought. 

Now the only contestants left are Kuga and Liu. 

"Players of the final match, come to the stage!" 

The two arrived at the platform and did a little stare-down.

"Kuga versus Liu. Bounce Takji versus Nameless Takji. Who will be the winner?"  Alt 332 questioned. 

"Who do you think will win?" Miyo asked beside me. 

"I'm not sure, but I'm betting that Liu would win this match." I replied. 

Miyo looked at me with a brow raised. 

"How do you know?" 

"Instincts." Was my simple reply, Miyo didn't question any further as we both turned our attention back to the match. 

When Liu set his takji down, Kuga quickly lunged his takji at Liu but Liu dodges the attack and jumps in the air. 

Liu used Lonkey's takji as a boost as his takji plummeted down, we thought he defeated Kuga already but we saw his takji missed Kuga. 

But it wasn't over, I noticed that Liu's takji isn't completely lying on the ground. Kuga raised his fist ready to punch or flip over Liu's takji as the others gasped in terror. 

On cue, Liu's takji leaped up and came in contact with Kuga's head causing Kuga's takji to fall back to the ground. 

"Kuga is out." 

Liu grinned and cheered himself. "Haha, yeah!" 

We all came to Liu's side and congratulated him and cheered him. 

"Congratulations." 

"Well done." 

"You were amazing Liu." I complimented. 

Liu's cheeks became a hue of pink, probably in embarrassment (or is it?😏), and scratched the back of his head. "Thanks, Rumi."

3rd POV: 

As Liu and the other contestants cheer on the side meanwhile on the other side of the platform is Kuga on his knees looking traumatized. Well, I think being traumatized is an understatement. 

Just then Charming Gold appeared in a projector caused by the robot below. 

He did his dramatic bow. "The winner and the Ruler of Takji is...Liu!" Charming Gold showed gold and silvered colored takji to Liu and gave it to him. 

Liu's breath hitched and only breathed when the takji came in contact with his hands. "I can't believe I won the Ultimate Takji." Liu said happily hugging the takji gently. "So no one can flip it over?" He wondered aloud. 

Liu set his takji down as each one of the Running Man sans Rumi tried to flip his takji but it won't. 

 "Gosh, it really is the Ultimate Takji. it won't even budge." 

"Whatever you try, you won't be able to flip it over."Charming Gold stated then Kuga appeared and harshly threw his takji at the Ultimate one and it flipped!

"EHHH!?" They all stared in shock and disbelief when it was flipped over.

Liu turned to Charming Gold and the others did the same and looked at Charming Gold with an accusing look. 

"It's flipped!" Liu accused. 

                          .....................

Finally, I've finished this chapter.

Thank you guys for all the reads and votes, im so happy😄.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this lazed chapter.

See you in the next chapter!😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 29 15
ใ€Š This is a Gaiyo story, and this brings me back my childhood memories that I'm glad I knew about. This month I was still curious about the new seaso...
42.6K 1.1K 59
(๐‘…๐‘ˆ๐‘๐‘๐ผ๐‘๐บ ๐‘€๐ด๐‘ ๐ด๐‘๐ผ๐‘€๐ด๐‘‡๐ผ๐‘‚๐‘) _๐™จ๐™๐™š'๐™จ ๐™– ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™—๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™š๐™ก...
46.6K 892 33
.ใ€€ . โ€ข โ˜† . ยฐ .โ€ข ยฐ:. *โ‚Š ยฐ . โ˜† แด€สœ สแด‡๊œฑ, ส€แด€ษดส™แดแด- แดแดœส€ ๊œฐส€แด‡แด€แด‹ษช๊œฑสœสŸส แด›แด€สŸสŸ, แด˜ส€แด‡แด›แด›ส, ษขส€แด‡ส-แด‡สแด‡แด… ๊œฑแด›ส€แด‡แด€แดแด‡ส€. สœแด‡ส€แด‡ แด€ส€แด‡ ๊œฑแดแดแด‡ แดษดแด‡๊œฑสœแดแด›๊œฑ, สœแด‡แด€แด…แด„แด€ษดแดษด๊œฑ แด€ษดแด… แด›สœแด‡ สŸษชแด‹แด‡ ๊œฐแดส€ สแดแดœ...