"The Winner of the Opening Game"

Rumi POV:

Ok, I've had it, I've watched the tiger guy struggle with the heels long enough. I let out a web aiming in front of the tiger and did what I did when I entered the Gate. 

I landed and pulled my web back and looked at the tiger with a hand on my hip, stopping the tiger in his tracks. "Who are you?" He growled while glaring at me. 

I put my hands up in surrender. "Whoa big guy, calm down, I'm Rumi from the Arachne tribe and I'm here to tell you that what that Giraffe said was a lie just to get your squeaky shoes." 

The tiger calmed down a bit but was still wary of me. "You're a girl?" He asked. 

This time I glared at him." Wasn't that already obvious."  I huffed offended by the fact he didn't know. 

Letting out a sharp sigh I explained again. "Don't you know that the giraffe tribe is known to have a sharp tongue? It should be obvious what he said to you was a lie." 

Finally, he came to a realization and yelled into thin air angrily. "LONKEY!!!" 

"So, wanna exchange shoes or not? I mean mine are just slippers so I think you can comfortably run with it." 

"Are you sure?" He asked disbelievingly. 

"Yeah." I confirmed. 

We exchanged our shoes as I finally relaxed, heels are ubiquitous in our tribe so I feel much more comfortable in them. 

As I was about to run again I forgot to ask him something. "Oh, I forgot to ask, what's your name?" 

"I'm Kuga, from the Bar tribe." He replied then added. "And I thank you for helping me realize what that Giraffe did, how can I repay you." 

I shook my hand and said. "Nah, it's nothing, Let's just be friends, alright?" I took my hand out for him to shake and smiled underneath my mask.

He gave me a little smile and shook my hand back. "Alright." 

There was a moment of silence but not an awkward one it was actually comfortable. But then I smirked though he couldn't see it. "Race you to the finish line Kuga!" I exclaimed, aiming my web at the upper path, landing, and running. 

Kuga was shocked to say at least but then I saw him grin and also began to run. 

Minutes later I finally reached the end of the path, and it is the Path of metal. Metal is all over the place even on the ceiling! I'm not even sure if my webs would stick, let's try. 

I let out my web and thank the Soul Tree does it stick. 

I haven't done this skill before but there's a first time for everything. from my right wrist I let out a web, aiming it at the ceiling. it pulled me up as I let out a web at my left wrist and aimed at the ceiling. I did this continuously back and forth, and now I'm swinging like a monkey at the ceiling, which is rather fun. 

When I was finally near the end I saw the monkey and the Impala all riding at the back of Liu and there seems to be a little argument, I swung faster until I was neck to neck with them and greeted. "Hello." 

They stopped their argument and looked at me in shock. We were all now close at the end and leaped out as the voice announced again. "You have entered the Path of Maze. Your items will now disappear. Be the first to plant your tribe's flag on the R point. Go!" 

Our shoes began to disappear as we all landed safely on the ground while I let go of my web. I looked behind to see my webs hanging on the metal ceiling, guess they'll have difficulty taking those off. 

The others were already running toward the maze all at swift speed when I saw the penguin running quite sluggardly, I pity the penguin but I have to win. 

I was about to run towards the maze but stopped and looked at the penguin.

I kept looking back and forth between the penguin and the maze and finally groaned internally as I went towards the penguin. "Hey, do you need help?" I asked. 

The penguin had an annoyed look on his face but when looked at me and he beamed. "Yes, can you help me get to the top? Oh please, please?" He replied while acting cute, though he didn't need to do that since ill still be helping him. "Of course, hold on tight alright?" 

He looked at me confused and was about to ask but I didn't give him time to speak as I held his hand and let a web out of my other and pulled us up. 

The penguin screamed in fright and finally, we landed. I let go of the penguin's hand and proceeded to run but not without saying goodbye to the penguin. "Goodbye cute penguin, and you're welcome!" 

I kept running and freestyling to dodge the obstacles and that's when I saw the R point. I was so close to reaching it and took out my flag. I saw Liu and the cat lady also reaching for the R point but suddenly Kuga appeared out of nowhere, hit his fist to break a hole, and landed on the R point sending the three of us away. 

Kuga took out his flag and jabbed it on the R point ending the game. 

"The game is over!" The voice announced as the stadium began to disappear revealing a stadium. The contestants have a look of horror while I had no idea what reaction to do. 

"The 100th Running Man Championship has begun with an amazing opening game. The winner of this game is." Kuga raised his fist in victory as I expected, but what the announcer said to be the winner shocked me including the other running man contestants. 

"Lonkey!" 

Kuga, flabbergasted, well we all are, looked back at the holographic screen replaying the game and sees Lonky swapping out their flags while he was too busy threatening him. 

"That was a double bluff. You have to use your head to win. Oh, that Kuga or whatever? He's not that scary anyway. He's big, but he's like a baby up here." Lonkey said mockingly at Kuga and laughed. "Sorry, Kuga." He laughs again. "When will you get me out of here? My shoulders might become narrow." 

"He doesn't seem sorry at all." I muttered. 

Kuga begins to scream angrily at the sky.