Guilty Pleasure

By gmaeewrites

18+| We are enemies. We didn't know. -|Book 2 of Sicilian series| Can be read standalone- More

Aesthetics
00
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26

02

991 17 5
By gmaeewrites

The ringing of my alarm wakes me up at exactly seven thirty in the morning. I wash the smell of masculine cologne off my body in shower.

I put on a pair of black jeans and a fitted grey tanktop. After drying my hair I slick it back into a ponytail. I slip my gun into my jeans, then put my silver knife in the strap on my lower calf.

Zipping up my large suitcase, I leave my hotel room. I check out with the receptionist and wait outside for Matteo and the other guys.

The black SUV stops and one of the men picks up my suitcase, loading it in the back. I take my seat in the middle row next to Matteo. 

He has a knowing look on his face.

"You didn't check in until after four in the morning, Donatella," he wiggles his brows at me.

"I don't know what you're insinuating," I shift my body away from him, laying my head on the window.

The car ride is mostly silent other than Matteo making random comments on things we pass, he's like a dictionary, you could say one thing and he starts listing off facts about it.

We stop at the back of the airport where my family's private plane is at. 

We all walk up the stairs to the plane, sitting down in our leather seats. Matteo sits across from me with a book in his hand.

"What's that one about?" I gesture to the book.

He shrugs, "I haven't started it yet."

"You didn't read the back?" I question.

"The back is always ass, ruins the book for me," he says as he opens to the first page.

I plug in my earbuds, and turn on music. I look out the window as he take off, watching as the city gets further and further away.

Four hours of silence is ruined when Matteo asks me about the mile high club.

"Have you or have not joined the mile high club," he asks again.

"I don't know, have I?" I narrow my eyes at him, turning the question to him.

"I'm going to take that as a yes," he says.

I shrug my shoulders, "But what if it's really a no?"

He groans in frustration, leaning his head back against the seat.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I pull my suitcase into my house, finally alone, which won't last long due to my Mamma ordering me to come by their home.

Putting my suitcase away in the closet, I fall back on the couch. Closing my eyes, my mind goes elsewhere. The images of his hands on my body, his chest-

"Donatella, no," I mumble to myself.

Getting up from the couch, I go to the kitchen, making myself some toast to keep my mind from wondering off. 

My mouth half-full my phone start viberating on the counter, Matteo's name glowing from the screen.

I answer the call, trying to swollow the toast in my throat.

"Hmm?" I hum, take another bite from my toast.

"You're mother is going to kill you," he says in whisper, as if he is hiding from someone.

"Why?" my word coming out muffled from the food.

"Because you're at home instead of visiting her- oh shit, she's coming, she's going to murder me," he rushes before the line goes dead.

Pulling the phone from my ear, I stare at the ended call screen with a neutral expression. 

I wonder what he did to upset Mamma this time.

I put my phone in my back pocket, grabbing the keys to my Audi r8. I make sure the door is locker as I leave. Turning on the car, I take the quickest route to my family's home.

The mansion comes into view after a couple minutes. The guard opens the gate for me, I park on the 'u' shaped driveway.

As soon as I open the door I'm met with my Mamma's arms wrapped around my body and then a whack on the side of my head.

"That's for not coming here first," she reasons her hit.

Looking around the foyer I realize it's only us.

"Where's Vince and Papà?" I question her.

She rolls her eyes, "Your Papà's office."

Nodding, I head down the hall. I pass Matteo who is being yelled at by his father, Quinton. He winks at me, looking away from his dad. I shake my head at him, getting closer to the office.

I knock on the door, my Papà's voice reaching my ears, "Come in."

Opening the door, I walk in, taking a seat beside my brother across from Papà.

"How was the Americanos?" Papà asks, his matching green eyes studying my face.

Leaning back in the chair, my lips forming a straight line, "Their usual."

"Of course," he mutters under his breath.

My Mamma opens the door, not bothering to knock. My Papà's eyes soften the moment he sees her, they're grossly inlove.

She goes around the desk, standing beside Papà. Using her palms, she leans forward against the table.

"You two will be having a mission together... tonight," she informs us.

We both look at eachother with grins on our faces.

"This time, lets try not to blow up a building," my mother says, knowing that we already have ideas running through our brains.

"We would never," I tell her, looking over to Vince; he nods in confirmation.

"Mhmm, you definetly didn't do that last time," Papà recalls the last mission.

Well, we didn't really mean to blow the place up. It kind have just happened, atleast we killed the right guy... along with three of his men. It could've been much worse.

Vince and my father share a look, then turn to me.

"I have to meet with some allies on Wednesday, so you'll need to go the Russian ball and do that mission," Vince tells me, his voice laced with sorrow. 

I look over to my mother, she aleady knows what I'll ask.

"Yes, Donatella, you can use your knives," I smile at her words.

That's enough convincing for me.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚

I change into a short red dress, stopping about mid-thigh. The mission should be pretty easy, all I have to do is drug a guy with a poison, my brother just there for safety, pretty boring if you ask me.

I put on the ring that has the powdered drug in the jewel of the ring. I add some other rings so it doesn't draw too much attention to just that one.

My brother will have a gun on him while I will have a small knife on my hip, underneath the dress.

My hair lays behind my shoulders, straightened. I apply red lip gloss that matches the shade of my dress. I strap on my black heels, then make my way downstairs.

Vince leans against the wall, staring at his phone as my parents talk with eachother.

"Don't do dumb things, okay?" my Mamma tells me.

"I won't," I kiss her cheek.

Using my thumb I wipe off the lip gloss smudged on her cheek. Vince looks over at his watch, straightening his body.

"We better get going," he informs my parents.

They agree, sending us out to the SUV outside. I greet our drive, a rosey tint brightening on his cheeks, my brother sends him a glare.

I buckle my seatbelt, staring out the window as we start driving down the road.

"We're going to make this more entertaining, right?" Vince looks over to me.

"Of course."

 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚

I take a seat beside Jose, the guy I'm supposed to poison.

My eyes lower down his torso, I lick my lip as if I actually found something in him attractive. The smirk lying on his face tells me he buys it.

Three gunshots go off in the distance, people around us start running out while Jose stays seated, amusement flowing through his eyes as he studies me.

My brother comes into view as he walks towards us in a distance. He goes around the bar, taking two glasses.

Jose furrows his brow in confusion. Realization dawns on his face, he goes to get up but I point the tip of my knife on his thigh, shaking my head.

"Just stay seated," I tell him.

He hesitantly nods his head. Vince pours liquor into the two glasses.

"Can you look the other way, please?" I tilt my head to the side at Jose. 

He does as I say when I press the knife harder against his skin. I open the ring on my finger, dumping the powder into one of the glasses.

Vince sturrs the beverage with a thin straw, then scoots both drinks infront of Jose.

"Okay, you can look now," I tell him. 

He turns around, staring at the two drinks.

"Choose. One has poison that will kill you, while the other is perfectly fine... you might just get shot in the head," I mumble the last part.

He leans his head over both glasses, every so often he glances to either of us. His shakey hand grabs the normal glass. He drinks the liquor, sitting still as a post.

"No poison," Vince pouts at him.

Vince grabs his black gun, aiming it directly at Jose's head. Jose starts to spew out pleads and mercy, Vince rolls his eyes, pulling the trigger. I feel the blood splatter on my face, I narrow my eyes at my brother.

He smiles, grabbing a white cloth, he throws it at my face. As I wipe the blood off my face he calls some of his men to get the body.

I get up from my seat, straightening out my dress. I scrunch my noise at the expression stuck on Jose's face, I hope when I die I don't look that ugly. I step of the body and make my way to the car. I send a text to my mother; telling her everything went smoothly.

When Vince gets into the car we share a fist-bump. The car ride to our family home takes for forever, when we finally get there I go straight to my car to drive home.

I change out of my dress into sweatpants and a loose t-shirt. I lay on my stomach underneath my duvet. Closing my eyes, sleep starts to take over aswell as the memories of Damien.

Per l'amor di Dio.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 29.7K 50
𝑫𝑹𝑢𝑾𝑡𝑬𝑫 𝑩𝑳𝑢𝑢𝑫, Book 1 in 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πƒπ‘πŽπ–ππ„πƒ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ a dark enemies-to-lovers gang/mafia romance by 𝐊. πƒπ€π‘πŠ. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π’πˆπποΏ½...
347K 3.8K 39
Enemies don't look at each other the way you do. !!THE BOOK IS GOING TO BE EDITED SOON!! After the problem she went through and escaping her abusive...
893K 14.7K 50
|18+| Tatum Kingston, daughter of the leader of the Red Bloods Mafia forced to look for a hand in marriage only at 19. She crosses paths with Sicilia...
7.3K 137 28
"How would she feel if she knew what's holding me back?" "What's holding you back?" His eyes tell me he knows. His expression, too. "You" "HIS serie...