Jurassic Park 3

By CariadRose

Rose Grant is eldset child of Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler. On her 11th birthday her dad takes her along to h... More

The Unexpected Visitor
The Meeting
Isla Sorna
Spinosaurus
Raptor Eggs
InGen Structure
Eric Kirby
Reunited
The BirdCage
The River
Back Home
Rescue
The Hospital
8 months later

The Grants

1.3K 19 2
By CariadRose

It was a normal day at the Grant household. Ellie was making breakfast as Alan sat feeding the youngest member of his family.

"So what time are you leaving?" Ellie handed Alan his coffee.

"Couple of hours, have you told her yet?" Alan smiled

"No, I figured you would want to tell her." Ellie laughed.

Rose had been bending her parents ear about going to her fathers dig site. Now that she turned 11 today, Alan had planned to take her for the weekend and show her what it was like as a surprise birthday gift.

"True, but I figured I might surprise her by taking her to my lecture and then drive to the site instead of home" Alan smiled wickedly as he gave Amelia some more banana slices.

"You're so mean, just put the girl out of her misery already and tell her already." Ellie laughed as she sat down at the table.

"I'm sure...." Alan smiled as the thunder of feet started to come down the stairs.

"Morning!!" Rose smiled at her parents while she grabbed some cereal for herself and her brother Jack.

When Rose was born Alan always remained firm that one baby was enough and he wasn't willing to have anymore, until the accident at the park. That weekend changed his whole perspective on things and he knew that having one more probably wasn't a bad idea.

With that then came their son Jack who was now 5 years old. Alan was over the moon on how lucky he and Ellie were to have a girl and now a boy, one of each, he smiled at Ellie after Jack was born he felt so lucky to have Ellie in his life, he proposed to her that same day. They married just after Jack's first birthday. They both agreed they were done having anymore, that was until a fatal anniversary weekend resulted in their now 2 year old daughter Ameila.

He hoped that he and Ellie were done having children but was prepared for anything at this point. He loved being a dad and a husband, something he never would have been ok with before he met Ellie. He smiled at his family all around the table. Ellie was the glue that held them together and he adored her. Funny, after 15 years together, she was still in love with him, he promised her after the island he would show her how much he loved everyday, he could always count on her for everything and in the past he acknowledged, he did take her for granted alot, so he always tries to make a solid effort for her especially.

"Earth to dad" Rose laughed as her dad came out of his daze.

"Yes sweetie?" Alan smiled at his daughter.

"You know today is a very special day right?" Rose smiled as she raised her eyebrows at him.

"Oh god? Darling I'm so sorry. What did I forget? First date? No no? First kiss?" Alan turned to Ellie giving her a kiss.

Ellie laughed and shook her head at him.

"DAD! Stop kidding around! You know today is my birthday!" Rose crossed her arms and scowled at her father.

"Oh yes, now I remember. Happy Birthday sweetheart." Alan laughed

Ellie smiled at Alan. She got up from the table to retrieve her daughter's gifts.

"And would you look at this? Presents!" Ellie said as she hugged Rose.

"Thanks mum" Rose beamed at the bag of gifts in front of her.

"Hapi bwirthday Rosie" Jack said as he gave his sister a hug.

Jack was the image of his dad. Alan was so proud of his son, he was dinosaur mad just like Rose and himself. Jack had the same light brown hair and blue eyes as Alan. Though Alan would always say Jack's sense of humour was far better than his.

Rose was the image of Ellie, blonde hair and blue eyes. Alan was so proud of Rose and would always say she was gifted with her mothers brains and kindness. Amelia though was a mix of both her parents. She had light brown hair like him and Ellie's eyes. She may only be 2 years old but showed off her fathers stubbornness, but she had Ellie's smile lucky enough so even in her stubborn moments she melted her fathers heart. Alan knew Ameila was going to be the wild one of the bunch.

"Thanks Jack." Rose said, hugging her brother.

"Are you going to keep us in suspense all day or are you finally going to open your presents? I have to leave in two hours for work." Alan said, sitting Jack on his knee.

"Ok, but there is something I want to talk about." Rose said, smiling as she opened her first gift.

Rose opened the small present first.

"Mum, dad, thank you so much!" Rose smiled at the necklace her parents got her.

"I figured you would like it, It's a velociraptor tooth." Alan said to her smiling

Rose loved hearing about her dad's work on raptors, they were her favourite dinosaur, much to her mothers dismay.

"Wow! Is this really what I think it is? Dad, thank you!" Rose opened her next present to reveal a fossil of a Raptor claw just like the one her dad used to own.

"Yeah and that stays in your room young lady. I don't want Jack or Amelia getting hold of that." Ellie said, raising her eyebrow at Alan.

Alan smiled, he knew she wasn't a big fan of Raptors, but even she had agreed the smile on Rose's face made her feel better about it.

"Right next one is from me" Ellie said, handing Rose the gift.

"Mum, I love it! Thank you!" Rose took the hat her mother gave her and tried it on.

"How do I look?" Rose said, smiling, pulling a pose.

"Just like your mother," Alan said, taking Ellies hand.

Rose looked at her parents.

"Dad you can be so soppy at times"

"Hey don't knock it, your dad wasn't always like this." Ellie said, teasing him.

"Yeah well I was a bit of an Idiot back then" Alan shuffled in his seat.

"Right last present. This is from me and your mum. Take care of this gift though these used to belong to us a long time ago."

Rose looked at her parents and carefully opened the gift.

"No way! Seriously? You mean it?" Rose beamed as she saw her fathers old work belt and inside were her mother's old digging tools.

"Yeah I'm serious but here's the fun part. We leave in one hour!" Alan laughed as Rose kissed him on the cheek and then her mum and ran up the stairs to pack a bag for the weekend.

"That went well. I think she liked her gifts." Ellie smiled as she picked Amelia up.

"Guess she did. I give it 20 minutes and she will be wanting to drive my car next birthday." Alan said as he got up to play with Jack.

He hated leaving for work. He had tried to dial down the long periods away from home, but he still had to be away at least 2 weeks each month. So when he was home he was present for the family and he made sure they each had some time with him to play with Jack and Amelia and go through Rose's homework as well as quality time with Ellie.

"Careful I might give her the idea." Ellie winked at Alan as she joined them in the playroom and sat beside him with Amelia.

"Please don't, can we please wait until she is 15 before we put that idea in her head." Alan gave Ellie a pleading look

"Well who could refuse those eyes." Ellie said, leaning into him.

Alan kissed Ellie on her head and grabbed two of Jack's dinosaurs.

"Ameila, look what daddy has. These are called carnivores and they love fighting with each other look, grrrr '' Alan growled at Amelia.

Ameila laughed at him and clapped her hands.

"Alan, she's 2 can we please wait until she is 5 before we put that idea in her head." Ellie laughed as she looked at him.

Alan sighed.

"Mummy's the boss," Alan said as he checked his watch.

"Rose better hurry we have to leave soon."

Jack came over to him.

"Daddy, look rex grrr."

"Good boy, you are right, that is a rex, can you say Tyrannosaurus?" Alan laughed as he got up to leave.

Jack gave him a funny look.

"It's ok, mummy will teach you while daddy is away and then you can tell me when I get home ok?" Alan gave Jack a kiss on his head then smiled wickedly at Ellie.

"That's not funny! He is 5 years old. You're mad if you think he will learn that." Ellie laughed, shaking her head.

"Hey! He has my brains he will learn that in no time. And he has the best teacher in his mummy." Alan said, winking at her.

"Well I am the best, aren't I Jack?." Ellie picked Jack up. He laughed in her arms.

Alan walked to the stairs carrying Amelia.

"Are you going to help daddy hurry your sister up?" Alan bounced Amelia in his arms.

"Rose! I'm handing Amelia to your mother." Alan smiled as he handed her over.

"I'm walking to the door, I'm opening the door," Alan opened the door slowly

"Wait!! I'm here, I'm coming" Rose appeared from her bedroom.

Alan smiled as she was wearing her new hat and his old work belt. She really was just like her mother.

"At last, now say goodbye to mum and get in the car, we got to go." Alan said, shaking his head smiling.

Rose said her goodbyes and ran to the car.

"Call me as soon as you get to the site." Ellie said as she kissed him goodbye.

"Don't I always?" Alan said as he got into his car.

"Have fun and drive safely."

"Yes dear. We will see you in a couple of days, if I can ever get Rose off my dig site that is."

"Rose, mind your father and behave please." Ellie gave her a slightly stern look.

"Promise, can we go now," Rose said smiling

Alan started the car and pulled off the driveway. He smiled at Ellie and waved as he drove off to the university to do his lecture.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

786K 35.5K 40
(Editing incomplete) Jurassic Park went down in history as a disastrous failure, an idea with good intentions that went horribly awry. For Dr Alan Gr...
4.6K 80 11
Paleontologists Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler, wildlife photographer Laureen Adams and mathematician Ian Malcolm are among a select group chosen to to...
41.5K 1K 14
๐๐€๐ƒ ๐Ž๐Œ๐„๐๐’ ๐‰๐”๐‘๐€๐’๐’๐ˆ๐‚ ๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ ๐‘ฐ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, Tatum Grant falls for her bosses nephew while trying to save her precious dinosaur...
4.6K 215 17
*rewritten version* "๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐›๐ž๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ, ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐จ๐ง ๐ฆ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž, ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐›๏ฟฝ...