[𝟐] 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙣- 𝘬𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘴...

By dizzyluna

𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 [𝘬𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘹 𝘰𝘤] [𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘵𝘸𝘰] [... More

𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣
𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙠
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳
𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘯
𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦
𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘴
𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦
𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴
𝘢𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘪, 𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘶𝘨𝘦
𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦
𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺
𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺
𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘦
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴
𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩
𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘯
𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘰𝘵
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦

2.2K 81 5
By dizzyluna

KLAUS IS IN RARE FORM. He's vengeful, which isn't rare, but his attitude is. He hasn't acted like this in a long time.

Rebekah and I sat at the table for breakfast this morning. Klaus was squeezing a persons' wrist for blood. We're down two people currently. Elijah is still reeling from the bite and Hayley is by his side.

"Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Klaus asked his sister.

"No. Should I have?" She replied.

"Well, he's been mysteriously silent, avoiding me, some might say. I thought, perhaps, he may have whispered reasons into your ear, along with all of those sweet nothings." Klaus replied. I hate when he acts like he's the only one allowed to be in love.

Rebekah has been off too. I think she's planning something. I just watched the interaction carefully. "If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you."

"Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes. 'My saintly, noble brother lies writhing in agony in the bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite, when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain'." Klaus mocked. I shook my head in defeat. This is family business. Sibling business, to be specific. I don't need to intervene, as much as I would like to.

"On the contrary, Nik. I am simply enjoying my brekkie waiting for Elijah's healthy return." Rebekah shrugged.

"Oh, come on, Rebekah. You've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it." Klaus urged. To be fair, I've been quiet with him since he bit his brother. I still don't agree with it but sometimes it's like talking to wall with him.

"Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth." Rebekah revealed. I think that's a valid concern.

Klaus hit the table and then pointed at her. "Poppycock. I would never bite you. Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions toward our child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger."

There is no winning with him, I fear.

"Nik, seriously?" I huffed at him.

Rebekah just stared at him for a moment before standing up. "There is something fundamentally wrong with you." She spoke and walked off. Before she made it out the door, she turned around and looked at me. "You're too good for him, August. Get out while you can."

With that, she walked out the door and left Klaus and I sitting together at breakfast. It was silent for a bit. I quietly ate my food. Klaus did the same, but he had a grim, almost guilty look on his face.

When I was finished, I set my napkin down and went for the door.

"Where are you going?" He asked me. It wasn't a demand. Just a genuine curiosity.

"Probably to see Davina. Maybe check in on your brother. Make sure that Hayley doesn't have her hands full." I shrugged.

"That's not your job, August." He let out, almost ashamed that I'm the one tending to this.

"Well, you certainly won't do it." I replied, a bit harsher than I intended.

"You've barely said two words to me since yesterday." He pointed out.

"Maybe it's because I don't agree with your methods of punishment."

"You heard the things he said about me. What I had 'planned' to use our child for. That wasn't right. He needed to be taught a lesson." He defended, standing up from his chair.

I huffed. "What he said was wrong. That's where we agree. But that doesn't give you the right to use your power against him. Not to your family. Not to your brother." I paused. "And enough with these dagger threats to Rebekah. You wonder why she never comes clean to you. She's afraid you're going to put her in a box for eternity. That's not fair."

What I said made him mad. I knew it would. But he needed to hear it.

"You haven't been around as long as they have, August. When you have, maybe then you'll get a say." He spoke, his tongue like a knife.

"I don't want a say in your power struggle with your siblings. Quite frankly, I want nothing to do with it. I just want you to realize what it would feel like if the roles were reversed for once." I snapped and walked out the door. When he gets in these moods, it's best to just say your peace and walk away. When he decompresses, we can revisit this conversation without snapping at each other.

I love him. I do, but sometimes I think he brings out the worst in me.

I got to the church to see Father Kiernan up front. Sometimes I run into him when I visit Davina. He's a good man. He's Cami's uncle. He's the one keeping peace between the human's and the vampire's. I don't think he gets enough credit.

"Here to see Davina?" He asked me when I walked in.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Do you think Marcel will ever let her move out of here? It's not right to her." He let out.

I sighed. "I hope so. I didn't even know I had a sister until recently. If I knew, this never would have happened."

He nodded. "I know."

I went upstairs to the attic and knocked on her door. She magically opened in and saw me at the door. She smiled as a greeting and then saw my exasperated face.

"What's up with you? Trouble in paradise?" She asked me.

"Something like that." I muttered.

"Thats what you get for being in love with Klaus." Davina said with a knowing smirk. We've been over this many times. She just picks on me.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Once he gets over his little temper tantrum he'll be fine and back to normal." I let out. "So, what's been up with you? Anything new?" I asked, mainly as a joke. She caught on.

"Yes, actually. I made a friend. Josh."

"Josh as in the guy that Klaus compels? That Josh?" I asked her.

"Josh is now the guy I magically tortured the compulsion out of. But, Marcel is using him now. Poor guy." She let out. I nodded. Poor guy, indeed. "You won't tell Klaus I did that, right?"

"Davina, you're my sister first. I will protect against anyone. Even Klaus, if I have to. You don't have to worry about me." I told her honestly. I did the same with Elena and I'll do the same for her. I feel it's my duty to protect her knowing that I'm her big sister. Especially when she's had no one protecting her before.

She smiled and nodded.

While I was there, I gave Hayley a call.

"How is everything there?" I asked her.

"Just how you'd expect. Elijah is losing his mind."

"Yeah, I figured. I tried to give Klaus a come to Jesus talk this morning. You know as well as I do he needs to realize it all on his own."

"Yeah, but you're the only one that gives him the push."

"I gave him a shove and it just made him mad. He'll get over it soon and Elijah will be cured. Just tell him to hang in there. Call me if you need anything."

"Okay. Be safe."

"You too." I replied and hung up.

"What's going on with Elijah?" Davina asked me.

"Klaus bit him because he accused Klaus of using our unborn daughter to make hybrids." I replied.

"Was it?...True?" She asked.

I shook my head. "God, no. He knows if he was even thinking about it I'd kill him before he got the chance to even touch her."

"I fear I made a huge mistake and I don't know how to fix it." Is what Rebekah said over the phone to me. I could almost hear her crying.

"What did you do?"

"August, it's bad."

"Where are you?" I asked her, frantically.

"The compound. Hurry. Please." She said before hanging up.

I dropped everything I was doing and rushed over there. When I got there, all of the vampires were charging at Klaus. I found Rebekah and Marcel in the mix.

"What the hell is going on?" I demanded. It was like a pack of animals going after prey.

To be fair, Klaus was tearing them all to shreds.

Their faces said it all. The defeat. The guilt. This was an attack. This is why Rebekah has been so stand-offish.

I did the brain aneurism spell to all of the vampires in the room to save anymore deaths. Even Klaus was effected by this. When everyone was down and weak, I stopped.

"All of you are pathetic." I looked to Marcel and Rebekah first. "Did you really think this would work? That you could kill him without making more problems for yourself?"

"The goal wasn't to kill him. I-It was to weaken him! Show him that he's hurt us." Rebekah cried out.

I shook my head. "You know that would never work. It'd just make him mad." I paused and turned to Klaus. "And you. Using this as an advantage to kill as many people as you can. That doesn't make you better."

"They came at me!"

"And you made it worse by trying to kill all of them! That isn't how take over! No one will be loyal to you. They'll hate you." I told him. I saw the battle in his eyes. He wanted to protest, but he also wanted to be done. "Sort this out like adults. I'm going home. I will see you later." I muttered and walked out of the room.

I want to say I can't believe it, but I can. It was only a matter of time until a move like this was made.

Soon enough, everyone was home. Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah, Hayley. I was dead silent to all of them. All except Hayley. She didn't do anything wrong.

I stood in the doorway when Rebekah and Elijah went to confront Klaus.

"Elijah's home. You only have one dagger left. Which one of us will you be punishing today?" Rebekah asked.

"I contemplated a game of eeny meeny miny moe." Klaus replied and ran over to Rebekah. He had her in a choke hold in seconds. I winced. I will not let him dagger her. "You betrayed me, my own sister."

"Niklaus, don't you dare." Elijah warned.

Klaus turned to him. "Or perhaps it should be you, brother. Your ill accusations against my child. You and her were planning on taking her and August and running from me." Klaus shouted.

"Is that what this is? You are once again worried that you will be left behind? Has history taught you nothing? We don't abandon you, Nik. You drive us away!" Rebekah exclaimed.

"Is that so? What have I done lately other than cooperate? I bowed down to you, brother. To make up for daggering you. For the greater good of our plan. To reclaim our home. Looked the other way, sister, while you repeat the same cycle with Marcel, falling again for a man you shouldn't be with, while he controls the empire that we built, that he took!" Klaus yelled. He was crying. He never cries in these moments. It's when he's the most afraid to show weakness. That's how I knew how hurt he was.

"Now, I make no excuses for my past sins, but in the one moment when you two could have chosen to stand by me, to believe in me and believe my intentions for my own child were pure, you chose to stand against me. To side with my enemies." He paused and walked up to Elijah. "I wanted our home back. Now I have it, so I'm going to live there, and the two of you, you can stay here together and rot." He finished as the tears fell off his cheek.

He handed the dagger over to Elijah and walked away. I followed him out of the house. I don't have much of a choice but to go live with him at the compound. Not because of him, but because Davina is moving there, too.

Hayley was on the front porch.

"You're coming with me, little wolf." Klaus told her.

"Why would I go anywhere with you?" Hayley snapped back.

"Because, Hayley, that child you carry and the woman standing next to you are the only things on this earth that matter to me. Now, you can fight me on this, but you will lose." Klaus spoke and walked to the car.

She sighed and got up. "Just so you know, I'm doing this for August. Not you." She snapped.

"Whatever." He huffed.

With that, we got in the car and left the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 70 5
'𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐦𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐦𝐲...
638 32 13
❝ 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐌 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ❞ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰�...
419K 8.9K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
575K 7.1K 39
>ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋𝕊 ℂ𝕃𝕆𝕊𝔼𝔻 < 𝕕𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕟 𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕖 ♡︎ 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕗𝕒𝕟 𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕖 ♡︎ 𝕜𝕠𝕝 𝕞𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕤𝕠...