The Sixth Paladin

By in_my_chaotic_mind

Korra, a childhood friend of Lance, is attending the Galaxy Garrison along with Hunk and Pidge. She joins the... More

Korra
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
*Bonus Chapter* Happy Birthday Korra!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
*Bonus Chapter* Kerra One Year Anniversary!
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
I'm back!!!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
*Bonus Chapter* Voltron Vlogs: Korra
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 43

288 6 0
By in_my_chaotic_mind

"It appears all the planets we've engaged have been pacified,if not totally liberated." Coran says,while looking at the holographic map. An alarm suddenly blares,making him frown.

"Wait,there's another Galra battle cruiser approaching Naxzela."

"Sector Zar Niomofor is clear. Let me see if I can get a line on that battle cruiser." Matt says. He starts to type when the power suddenly went off.

"Zaiforge cannon Senfama,are you still operational?" Just as Matt asked that,the other cannon powers down.

"Negative." Keith sighs out.

"That incoming battle cruiser must have shut them down remotely." Coran says.

"Sorry,Shiro. That's it for artillery support. What should we do about that cruiser?" Keith asks.

"That cruiser's gonna be too late. Naxzela's almost secure. We just need to take out the rest of the heavy artillery." Shiro says. An alert makes me turn and see a ship about to shoot us.

"On our left,shield up!" We put it up,and grunt as the laser hits the shield. We then use the shield to deflect the laser back to the ship. We then fly up and get out the giant laser cannon and shoot multiple lasers. We land back on the ground and notice that it's shaking.

"Whoa! Did we cause that earthquake?" Lance asks.

"I don't think so!" Pidge says.

"Nothing we did would cause something like this." I add. It's like the whole planet itself is shaking. Alarms blare,alerting us about the quake.

"Guys,look over there!" Hunk calls out. We turn to see a massive pillar,easily 100 times the size of Voltron, rise from the ground.

"Look, there's more!" I call out,hundreds more rise,seemingly covering the planets surface.

"Uh..guys,what are those?" Lance asks,sounding nervous.

"We've never seen anything like this from the Galra before." I say.

"Are they weapons?" Hunk asks.

"They look like some sort of generators." Pidge answers.

"Stay alert." Shiro speaks up.

"I say we get out of here. Pidge,plot a course for our escape." Lance says.

"Hold on,we should figure out what these things are." Shiro says. We wait a moment,then electricity crackles at the top of them and a purple force field like barrier covers the planet.  

"This can't be safe." Hunk says,voicing what I was just thinking.

"Do you feel that? That wave of darkness?" Allura asks. I shake my head,then realize she can't see me. But before I could speak,a crushing pressure suddenly falls on us. The force makes the metal in Voltron creak loudly.

"I can't move red!"

"Yellow won't budge either." I move my controls,and just as they say,Voltron isn't moving. The pressure makes Voltron fall to it's knees.

"The energy field is holding us down! Gravity levels are spiking!" Pidge yells out.

"We have to get out of here.If we stay here we'll be crushed. Everyone,we have to focus. Give everything you got and maybe we can fight through this energy field. Ready?" Shiro says. I clutch the controls tighter and take a deep breath.

"Ready!" With new found determination,we manage to stand up and blast the thrusters and fly up. The metal of Voltron creaks in protest,we don't get very far,soon the gravity makes us fall back to the surface. We scream as we brace for impact,the crash landed basically gives me whiplash. I let out a groan and wiggle the controls,nothing happens.

"Is anyone able to move around?" Hunk asks.

"Barely,but the gravitational pull is worse on Voltron." Pidge answers. I can hear everyone grunt, as the pressure seemingly gets worse.

"Pidge,Hunk,think you two could do something about this?" I ask.

"Maybe if we go down to the surface, Hunk and I can figure out a way to interrupt the energy field." Pidge answers.

"That sounds good,except for the zillion robot dudes still kickin' around down there." Lance says.

"We're gonna have to stay in tight formation. Watch each other's backs. Let's move!" At Shiro's words, we all climb out of our lions. The gravity feels worse outside of Voltron,but we run and jump off of Voltron and get to a set of doors. Everybody puts up their shields to black the shooting from the robots.

"Pidge,Hunk, do your thing and do it fast." Pidge and Hunk move to the door and scan it as we shield them.  

"It looks like this rod goes all the way down to the planets core. But I'm not detecting any kind of energy source on the planet that would be causing all of this." Pidge shouts over the gunfire.

"Then we'll have to follow it down to the core." Allura says. The doors open and we fall down to the bottom. We open another set of doors to see a large,glowing purple orb.

"What is that?" Lance asks as we walk into the room and approach the orb.

"This is Zarkon's witch's doing. The energy I felt...This must be the source." Allura says. I look around at the facility. The design looks familiar.

"Allura,this facility,it looks Altean." I say.

"I'm afraid you're correct,Korra." Allura replies,we step closer to the orb. "This is a decommissioned Altean terraforming plant. Somehow the witch has been able to reactivate it remotely." 

"Can you shut it down?" Shiro asks.

"I can try."  Allura steps closer and holds out her hand. A small orb of blue magic came from her hand,floating towards the purple orb. Before they make contact, magic surges from the orb and surrounds Allura,making her cry out.

"Allura!" We all grab onto her,the magic surges through all of us. It feels like its electrocuting us. With some effort, we pull her away and we all fall to ground. I lay there for a moment,then gather my strength to sit up. Lance checks on Allura.

"It's too powerful." She says.

"This soil is weird." Hunk suddenly says,scanning some that he has in his hand. "It's so white and powdery. Like ground up rocks or earth. And heximite!" As he says that,the robot run through the door and start firing at us. I put up my shield,Lance gets behind me and shots from the cover of my shield.

"What's heximite? Some of us may have slept through chemistry class."He calls out.

"The whole planet is a bomb,one that's big enough to wipe out several solar systems." Pidge answers.

"It's under increasing pressure and when the pressure reaches a certain point,its going to explode." Hunk adds.

"How long do we have?" Shiro asks.

"Maybe 20 minutes."

"We have to get off this planet and warn everyone!" Lance calls.

"I don't know if we can get out of here and warn 10 solar systems in under 20 minutes!" I retort.

"They could take out Voltron,the rebels, and the Blades in one fell swoop." Allura says. We then use our jetpacks to jump and run out of the room.

~~~

"Shiro,can you hear me? Shiro? Korra,can you hear me?" Keith doesn't get an answer.

"Something's wrong." Coran said and runs over to the console with Voltron on it. "Paladins? Allura? What's happening?" He doesn't get an answer.

"Must be the magnetic distortion from Naxzela."

"I'm going to check it out. I need a ship." Keith looks around, and spots a Galra fighter ship. "That'll work." He gets in and takes off towards Naxzela.

"Matt,somethings wrong. I can't reach Voltron."

"We can fly to Naxzela and check on them." 

"No, I need your help. I can't explain why, but I know we need to attack that fleet."

"I thought the fleet has stopped."

"It has,but we're afraid it has something to do with Voltron."

"We're with you."

"Copy that. Good to have you." Keith says,relieved. Coran insisted on coming,but Keith tells him to stay behind.

~~~

"Coran,Keith,do you copy?" Shiro asks as we climb back into Voltron. I run and slide into my seat,grabbing the controls.

"We lost communications. Pidge, can you boost our signal?"

"No! There's too much electrostatic repulsion!" I lean back,alarms still going off. I let out a frustrated growl and turn them off.

"17 minutes left." Hunk announces.

"We have to get off this planet immediately."

"No,really Allura? I though we'd stay here,getting crushed sure sounds relaxing!"

"Now is not the time for sarcasm,Korra!" Shiro scolds.

"Sorry,defense mechanism." We manage to stand Voltron up. But the pressure makes Voltron sink into the concrete,then break off,making us fall into a chasm. I let out a grunt as we land,now I'm definitely going to have whiplash.

"Now we've fallen further!" Lance cries out.

"15 minutes!"

"No! We can't die here! Not yet!" Pidge yells.

"Listen, we've come through a lot as Voltron. We just have to think." Shiro says. I can hear Lance talk,but I drown him out. I lift up my hand,it's shaking. I let out a sad laugh. With the amount of times I have faced death,it still scares me. I think about Keith,I wonder what he's doing. No doubt he's worried. He's probably doing everything in his power to save us,that thought makes me smile a bit. I'm thrown out of my thoughts when I see a blue light. The light covers,Voltron. Allura did it. The crushing pressure seems to have disappeared and we fly up and out of the energy field.

"We still have to diffuse that bomb!"

"Keith can you hear me?" 

"Korra! Where are you? Is everything okay?"

"Not for long if we don't stop Zarkon's witch. She must be aboard that battle cruiser."

"I'm way ahead of you. And I've brought some backup."

"Rebel squad is en route."

We order Coran to pull back.

"Thrusters are at max power." Lance calls.

"I'm giving everything I can to help." I say,and push some buttons to help.

"I sure hope we make it in time."

"Follow my lead, we've got to break though that shield." Keith says. Him and the rebels are trying to destroy the weapon on the battle cruiser. Nothing was working.

"We'll never penetrate those shields." Matt tells Keith. An idea pops in Keith's head.

"Maybe not with our weapons." Keith flies towards the shield.

"Wait Keith,what are you doing?" Keith ignores Matt's pleas as he rockets towards the shield. He clutched the necklace around his neck.

"I'm sorry." 

A blast makes him open his eyes. He pulls back and sees a familiar ship had shot the weapon,effectively destroying it.

"Good job,Keith." Shiro says. I let out a sigh of relief. The bad feeling in my gut going away.

"It wasn't me. It was Lotor,the cannon on his ship was the only thing powerful enough to take down that shield." We all let out sounds of surprise. As we approach the cruiser,it takes off.

"Attention, Paladins of Voltron and rebel fighters. I know we've had our differences in the past but,I think it's time we had a discussion."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 1.3K 28
It always haunted her, the events that lead her to be alone. In her heart was a wound, to big to heal, left by them, and in her soul was a void, dark...
107K 2.4K 40
๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง?" ๐š๐ฌ๐ค๐ž๐ ๐Š๐ž๐ข๐ญ๐ก. "๐ˆ ๐ฆ๐ž๐š๐ง, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฎ๐ง๐œ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐™๐š๐ซ๐œ๐จ๐ง." === ๐’๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง 1 After fighting Zarkon...
769K 13.6K 48
Keith/Lance - Voltron: Legendary Defender. I love them, so, of course, I would write one-shots about them. They are amazing. It will be mostly fluff...
186K 4.3K 142
Athena wasn't like any other girls. She longed for adventure, continually searching, exploring, discovering things that she has never known. It was...