Sincerely, Aishatu✅

By Ferdeausee_

Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved. Aisha Nasir doesn't want much in life. She has loving parents, a drea... More

Author's Note.
Characters.
1; Dr. Aisha Nasir Al-Sayed.
2; A Long Night.
3; Dr. Aslam Muhammad.
4; Blabbermouth.
5; Doctor Stranger.
6; Upholding Legacy.
7; Do You?
8; Trust Me.
9; No Tears.
10; F-R-I-E-N-D-S.
11; White Roses.
12; Hajiya Babba.
13; Superwoman Aisha.
15; Second Thoughts.
16; Scrubs and Hermes On.
17; Dos Oruguitas.
18; Damn You Abdallah!
19; Moment of Bliss.
20; Someone Like You.
21; Behind The Mask.
22; Say Yes.
23; Underlying Condition.
24; Acceptance.
25; Shit Got Real.
26; New Chairperson.
27; Trust & Inquiries.
28; And Then They Met.
29; Love & Pepsi.
30; J For Jealousy.
31; Chairlady Taslim.
32; Partners...again?!
33; Sooner or Later.
34; Confession.
35; Open-Heart.
36; The Talk.
37; Seal The Deal.
38; Meant To Be.
39; Wedding Bells!
40; #AAforever.
41; Love In Cairo.
42; Alias Alex.
43; Brew Storms.
44; Getaway To Alexandria.
45; Atomic Bombs.
46; Romeo Meets Rose.
47; Amor Joven.
48; Mea Culpa.
49; Beautiful Beginnings.
50; Epilogue: Sincerely, Aishatu.
Final Author's Note And Notice Of Removal
Xoxo, Jannah.

14; Family Issues.

1.3K 336 67
By Ferdeausee_

"AISHA!"

Aisha eyes snapped up, nearly dropping the plate she has in her hand. She was quick to steady herself though, before her eyes met that o her mother's again. "Na'am Mommy"

"Lafiyanki kuwa? You keep zoning out" Mommy asked, gesturing for her to come over with the plate.

Aisha's eyes instinctively moved to her father who was staring at the two with an amused expression. Their eyes met, and from the look on his face, she knew he would rate her out soon. Her face instantly flushed, "Abbaaa" She dragged, making her way over to the table and placing a plate in front of them each.

Alhaji Nasir chuckled, earning a wary look from Mommy, who is yet to be onboard with whatever the father and daughter have been keeping from her. "What?" Abba asked, his tone holding amusement. "Doesn't she know?" He asked, flickering his gaze to his wife for a split second.

"Know what?" Mommy inquired, scooping food from the food warmer and serving her husband who had a grin on his face. She knew something is up, because he had that same grin since he went up to surprise Aisha by his early return.

There's something going on between them. That's pretty much obvious.

Aisha scrunched her face up in embarrassment. She didn't know what was worse. The fact that Abba caught her on a call with Aslam all smiling and whatnot, or the fact that she couldn't reply when he asked if he has a potential in law.

She doesn't see Aslam in that light and she's sure he doesn't see her in that aspect too. They simply get along, which is good considering they have a patient that they are both in charge of now.

But she couldn't exactly explain that to Abba—not when it's the first time he saw her like that and he suddenly thinks he has a soon to be son-in-law.

Aisha doesn't know of other people, but that conversation isn't exactly an easy one she thought she will have with Abba any time soon.

"Oh, so she doesn't know" Abba's voice snapped her out of her mini embarrassed trance. Of course Mommy doesn't know. It's only been a couple of days since she has met Aslam and with work and all, she barely has any time to tell her what's going on in her life.

Aisha turned on her chair to face the old man who still hasn't wiped the grin on his face. "Abba wallahi it's not like that" She tried to explain, although she could still feel blood rushing to her face.

"Can someone please explain to me what's going on?" This time around, it was Mommy that asked, her gaze moving from her husband to her daughter. She sat back on her chair after serving herself too, leaving Aisha to serve herself. She didn't start eating though, instead, she fixated her eyes on the two, waiting for an explanation.

Aisha and Abba exchanged a look—the latter was pleading with her eyes for him to not say a thing but she knew it's a wasted effort. The man wouldn't hide something like that from Mommy. If he does, it will only last for a day or two.

"We will soon have a son in law"

Aisha resisted the urge to throw her hands up in the air and groan. She knew Abba wouldn't keep shut about the matter. In a way, she understands where he's coming from because knowing Mommy, she wouldn't drop it until they spill. So, why drag the inevitable?

That didn't stop Aisha burying her face in between her palms though, she couldn't face the two in that situation.

"Da gaske?!" Came Mommy's voice, and as expected, she sounded even more excited than Abba. "Are you serious? Aisha? Why haven't you told us?"

"That's what I said" Abba hopped on the marriage excitement train.

"Mommy--"

"Masha Allah wannan ai good news ne?" Mommy cut her off, clasping her hands together, her food long forgotten. "Tell me, when did you meet? What does he do? How long have you been together? Yaushe yace zai turo manyan sa?" The woman asked all in one breath, so her words sounded a bit jumbled but they understood what she meant.

Aisha didn't know what to do exactly, but she knew she's finding it hard to not groan loudly—not her fault, Jannah's attitude is rubbing off on her. She then managed to take in a deep breath and looked up, her cheeks still burning. "Abba, he and I aren't..." She looked for the right word to use. "We aren't like that"

Really Aisha? Her sub-consciousness asked. That's the best you could think of?

Her parents must've found what she said ridiculous too by the look on their faces.

She swallowed, then choose to explain again. "We are only working together. He's in a new doctor in our hospital, and he chose me to assist him in a surgery he's in charge of"

Mommy and Abba exchanged a look that showed they still aren't convinced.

"A new doctor in charge of a surgery?" Mommy asked, a brow raised slightly. From the stories she'd heard about the hospital, she knew how picky they could be. If the doctor truly is 'new', there's a high chance they wouldn't trust him with any surgery that soon.

"Well, yes" Aisha nodded. "The patient only agreed to get treated at HGH if he is in charge"

Abba's lips curled into a small frown. "And they agreed?" He gets his annual checkup there, so he is well aware that the ones at the helm can be, well, arrogant when they want to be. They do things their way, and they barely care to listen to whatever the patient wants when it comes to their administration.

Aisha's head bobbed, "The patient is a VIP so what he says, goes" She then shrugged slightly, hoping they will drop the conversation there. She didn't want to go down the lane of telling them who the VIP is, considering there's marriage talk already in between the two families.

Finally, Abba and Mommy seemed to have bought what she said even though Aisha had a feeling it was only for the meantime. Sooner or later, they will bring it up because knowing them, they have silently been praying for the day she will get married. They haven't brought it up, knowing what she went through in her past but that to say doesn't mean they weren't hoping for it.

Just like any other parents, they prayed for a good man that will come and take care of their daughter. They just didn't pressure her about it.

The sound of the front door opening interrupted the small conversation that the family of three had started. Judging from the noise that accompanied the action, they already know who it is that arrived.

Aisha and her mother shared a look, the latter didn't need her mother to speak for her to know she had completely lost her appetite knowing the drama that will follow. Hajiya Asiya extended her hand out and pushed her plate aside slightly, a silent gesture to show she's done. However, she made no move to get up from the table.

Aisha on one hand continued eating her food silently because she knew she will need every bit of strength she can get to deal with whatever is about to come. Abba on the other had a wide grin masking his features—of course, since he won't have any hidden insult thrown at him, he was in a good mood.

Besides, as far as his knowledge goes, his family no longer treats his wife and daughter differently. If only he knows.

Hajiya, Abba's aunt was the first who came into sight with a wide grin masking her features the minute her gaze fell on her son. She didn't even acknowledge the two women as he got up to greet her, the two women did the same although their moods were already sour. They didn't show it though, as they plastered smiles on their faces.

"Sannu da zuwa, Hajiya"

"Hajiya Barka da rana"

"Ina wuni, Hajiya"

Came three greetings from the family. But of course, only one was answered. Aisha and her mother didn't comment on it though, considering they are used to being ignored by the woman. During the course of the greeting though, the other people she came with stepped in.

It was just two of them. Hajiya Maryam—Abdallah's mother and of course, the bride of the year, Humaira Al-Sayed. Just like Hajiya, Maryam ignored the two women leaving only Humaira who greeted Mommy and threw Aisha a glance, before rolling her eyes.

After the introductions, Abba left claiming it's time for Jumuah prayers and he wanted to pray at the masjid leaving the women to themselves. That was the only time when Hajiya bothered to pay any heed to Mommy, while Maryam sashayed to the living room as if she owns it, followed by Humaira.

"Hajiya, akawo abinci?" Mommy asked, out of courtesy. Normally, she would've just brought the food for them, but the old woman always throws tantrums whenever she does that claiming she never asks before doing stuff.

Hajiya gave Mommy a once over, before shaking her head. "Aa. Ai mu ba mutane bane so don't bring food for us, kinji? Sai mun roqa tunda ke kike siyo abincin"

Mommy was obviously annoyed by what the old said, but she didn't let it show on her face. Instead, she told Aisha to order the maid to bring food for the trio while she goes upstairs to get something. Aisha knew the only reason her mother did that is to get away from them and calm herself before she acts irrationally.

So, she did as her mother said and helped the maid bring food and refreshment for the trio who dug in after taking their time. Aisha sat on the far end of the couch Humaira is sitting on, not because she wanted to stay with them but because whether she likes it or not, they are their guests so she needed to stay with them before her mother comes back.

"Aishatu wani daki Baba yake?" Humaira asked, after she had eaten half of the food brought to her. She extended her hand and picked up the bottle of Sprite, before twisting the cap open.

Aisha's brows furrowed, "Excuse, what?"

Humaira hissed lightly, before shaking her head. "Baba, you know, my father-in-law. I heard he's getting surgery in your hospital. Tell me, wani daki yake though nasan VIP ne obviously"

Aisha didn't know whether to laugh at how the girl already considers him a father in law, or to be weirded out by how the girl knew about his condition. "How did you know he's in our hospital?" It was after she asked that she realized how stupid it must've sounded.

Of course, his son must've told her. She thought, not knowing the said man has been avoiding his fiancée calls for the longest time.

Humaira flashed her the are-you-stupid look. "Kinsan dai they are my family koh? And besides, I'm an influencer—not sure if you know what that means, but for your information, I can figure out whatever I want in a short period of time"

Ikon Allah. Aisha thought, as she stared at the girl wondering how their conversation have anything to do with her being an influencer, "Su influencer manya" Aisha muttered, before letting out a sigh as she shook her head. "Oya now use your influencer whatever to figure the room out, you're not getting anything from me"

"Toh uwar mahassada. Wai ke Aisha when will you stop wannan halin naki ne?" It was Hajiya, whom Aisha had totally forgotten of her presence there that spoke, poking her nose into their conversation. When Aisha looked at her, she had her hands akimbo and narrowed eyes at her. "Kawai don yarinya zatayi aure gida babba, a very influential family that suits her, you're showcasing all forms of bakin hali"

Aisha looked down, not wanting any form of drama again. She could already feel a headache resurfacing from the small drama going on. Why can't her family members simply mind their business without poking their noses where it doesn't belong? They like unnecessary drama.

And if that isn't enough, she heard Humaira snicker from her side.

The sound of Hajiya snapping her fingers only made Aisha's headache increase. "Listen to me, Aishatu and listen well. Idan kinga dama, kiyi hauka. Auren nan sai anyi. If you like, keep staying in this house till you turn fifty, keh idan kinga dama please don't ever marry in your life. Ko mutuwa zakiyi, you will never marry into a family like that, kiji kisani" After saying that, she let out a loud hiss and then made her way into the kitchen to get the remaining food Mommy prepared for Abba because in her words, the food they were given is not good.

That came from a woman that had eaten everything that was on her plate but alright.

~*~

Hajiya, I feel like e will shock you well o but sha, our own na eyes.

So, yall finally met Humaira. She's harmless sha, I think.

Short chapter, but one nonetheless. I don tire o so guznit.

Love, Jannah Mia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 28.2K 54
Poor Ruwaida Mahmoud had to get married to her friend's brother, Turaad, a rich sophisticated Doctor not knowing she had signed a contract to save h...
10.3K 263 15
a halal love story of a gentleman a good looking and hardworking doctor and here comes a women who's kinda lazy '-' and she doesn't talk a lot she is...
629K 34K 38
Life is not about what we want.Life is what HE gives.And when something comes from Allah, how can it not be beautiful? A story inked with love and h...
81.6K 2.9K 47
"I hate you. I can never ever love you. I married you because it was my mother's wish. Otherwise, I don't even look at people like you. Have you seen...