Bold, Breathless Love

By Soulmates2

Book one: Bad boy, gorgeous Steven Colber, most popular boy in high school, captain of the football team, acc... More

Deep Blue Eyes
Cafe Premiere
I Don't talk to strangers
Clown Girl
He Knows My Name
It Not As It Seems
Obsessed
Rain Rain Go Away
The Conceited Pig
Heartbroken
The Heart Wants What it Wants
Sleepless Nights
To Conquor
Dress Shopping
Love
Church, Food, and More Shopping
Down Town Park Ridge
Breathless kisses
The Heart Wants What it Wants
Hangover
A River of Tears
Innocence in its Purity
Love
Unbearable Pain
She's Mine !
Do You Love Me?
Flames of Fire
Victory
Sexy and Hot
Emotions
Botanic Gardens
The Secret
My Father
Claire smiles
Anthony and Claire
Sweet Nothings
The Dells
The Rumba
Misunderstandings
Claire's doubts
Thursday morning
Bittersweet Moments
The Secret
Why?
The Baby
Graduation
Galena

Claires Promise

459 12 0
By Soulmates2

Since that terrible day in the school parking lot, Abby tried, but did not succeed in wiping out the memory of Steven's facial expression when she spoke the awful words to his face. She had horrible nightmares of someone removing the baby from her womb and she would sweat and wake up in the middle of the night in terror.

If it weren't for Jeff and Claire she wouldn't be able to deal with her situation. They kept her sane, safe and secure and with only a few more days till graduation Abby worried for her mother.

"Mother will you not come with us to Massachusetts?"

"Honey I can't leave my jobs now," unable to look her daughter in the eye, her mother fussed with her apron nervously. "And your father needs me now more than ever."

Abby's shoulders dropped, after all the talks and plans they have had, she still could not get through to her mother to leave her father and join her in Massachusetts.

"You can't stay here with father!" Abby cried, "he will destroy you and I will not be here to help you mother!"

"I'll be just fine," her mother smiled weakly, "I need to work and help you, you will need money to eat and survive."

"I will get a job, I will....."

"No dear you can't work, you will need many hours of studying and doing research," her mother explained gently, "Harvard is not like all other schools honey, you will need to put your life on hold and sacrifice everything to get good grades and maintain your high gpa, otherwise you will lose your scholarship."

Abby wrapped her arms around her mother and cried her her heart out. "I love you mama."

"I love you to!" Her mother said, and hugged her tightly.

*******************
"Are you planning on starving yourself to death?" Steven's father asked, "you haven't eaten a good meal in days!"

"I'm not hungry," Steven argued, and rose from the table to leave.

"You will go straight to the library, I need to have a word with you," his father said sternly when he noticed that Steven was heading to the door, "now!"

"Steven is worried about Abby," Steven's older sister sneered, "they broke up but he still pines over her!"

"Shut up!" The little sister yelled, "leave him alone!"

"Look at how pathetic he looks!" the older sister snapped, "you would think that he ....."

"That's enough!" Her father yelled, and he wiped his mouth and placed the napkin on the table, "help your mother clean up the dishes and go straight to your room, I will deal with you later!"

Mr. Colber followed Steven to the library where he closed the door and sat on his leather recliner. "Sit down son we have much to discuss."

Steven obeyed his father and sat down. He looked pale and much thinner of late his father observed, and his eyes looked void of life.

There was concern etched on Mr. Colber's face when he spoke, "Talk to me son, what is bothering you."

Steven shifted restlessly in his chair, "Nothing is bothering ......"

"Stop it!" His father said sharply, "we both know you are going through something difficult, but I can not help you if you don't tell me the problem!"

"Father it's a horrible mess and I don't even know how to tell you," Steven confessed, and dropped his face in his hands.

"Son nothing you confess to me will make me love you less," Steven's father told him, "tell me that I may help you."

"Abby was pregnant and she aborted my baby." His father was speechless, "I don't know how to handle the torture in my heart father."

Steven's father let out a harsh sigh, it was very disturbing to him to watch his son suffer.

"Maybe it was for the best that things turned out this way son," his father explained, "soon you will leave for Princeton and you will need to place all your focus on your schooling."

"I still love her father," he sounded like a wounded animal and his father stood up and walked over to where he sat.

"Listen to me son, you are much too young and inexperience in life, this was just a lesson learned," his fathers tone was serious and straight to the point, "if you want to be a very successful engineer you must forget about all of this and stay focused on school. Stay away from Abby, she is not good for you!"

Steven's nostrils flared and he inhaled sharply, "You're wrong father, Abby is one of the best things that ever happened to me, she brings me peace!"

"She aborted your baby, and is now seeing someone else," his father argued, "according to your sister, she is in love with this other boy!"

"I can't stop loving her just because she made a few mistakes," Steven explained.

"Maybe they are just a few mistakes, but they are horrendous and she doesn't deserve you!"

"Stop it father!" Steven lashed out, "I will still love her even if she went with a million men!"

"If you love her as you say, then leaves her be. It's called sacrifice son, let her go and be happy."

"I don't know how to live without her."

He was about to have a meltdown and his father was on the edge, not wanting to push him further on the topic, he simply said, "What is it that you want Steven, I will abide by your wishes my boy, the only thing I ever wanted was to see you succeed in life and be happy."

There was a moment of hesitation before Steven spoke, but when he did, his father was surprised by his words, "Abby is my life whether I'm with her or not, I love her father and that will never change!"' His father sat thoughtful in his leather recliner and listened, Steven continued, "I want her to be happy, I want her to succeed in life, you see father, she has taught me how to love, and nothing she can do will make me love her less, my love for her is unconditional," Steven stopped for a second to choke back a sob, and his fathers heart twisted with pain as he sat quietly for Steven to continue. "I need a favor from you father, if you do this for me I will never ask for anything else ever again from you."

"What favor is this?"

"You are a very powerful man with connections across the country," Steven said, "Abby's family do not have the means to pay her way through college, can you please pull some strings and get her a huge grant, that will help her stay in school for the four years in Harvard without having to work, she needs to study and stay focused, work would only interfere with her research and studies."

"How much are we talking about?"

"A fair amount father," Steven's voice sounded broken, as he continued, "she will need money for living expenses and ...."

"I thought she would be living with that boy Jeff and her friend Claire, your sister said ...."

"You said If I love her to let her go, and I have, I have sacrificed everything that I am, and I have let her go so she can live a happy life, and if that means she will live with him and be happy then so be it."

Pain speared through his heart as soon as he mouthed those words, and he dropped his face in his hands and for the first time in his life he cried his heart out. He cried for the love they shared and for the love they lost, he cried for the baby she destroyed, he cried that she was moving on with Jeff, and he cried for the peace she once gave him. He cried until there were no more tears to be had.

Mr. Colber decided then and there that he would do whatever he could to honor Steven's request. He would do anything for his son, and if that meant he is to make a few phone calls and pull a few string he would do it.

******************

"Where are you?" Abby had the phone on speaker and was braiding her hair.

"I'm downtown shopping." Claire chirped, "it's such a lovely day!"

"What are you shopping for?"

"Baby clothes!" Claire admitted excitedly, "I found some cute outfits and I can't wait for you to see them!"

"Don't you think it's a bit early to be shopping for baby's clothes?" Abby laughed, "the due date is so far away."

"I'm the GodMother remember?" I am going to spoil her rotten!"

Abby raised an eye brow, "Her?" She laughed, "what if it's a boy?"

"It won't be," Claire said firmly, "it will be an adorable little girl with eyes that look just like you, but if it's a boy, I will love him just the same, anyway the outfits are neutral color."

"I love you Claire."

"I love you too booboo!"

"Are you coming over after your shopping spree?" Abby was feeling lonely and wanted company.

"Yes I'll be there later for sure!" Claire confirmed before she hung up the phone.

As soon as Abby placed the iPhone down, her father bellowed from downstairs, "Abby get your ass down here now!"

When had her father come home?

Putting her stuff away, Abby hurried downstairs not wanting to give cause to her father to start trouble, but as soon as she entered the kitchen she realized that her father was very drunk.

Her heart pounded against her chest, her first thought was to turn around and run up the stairs, but he would follow her and God only knew what he would do to her in her room.

"Father?" Abby tried to stop her knees from shaking, but was unsuccessful.

"Come here!" He barked.

Abby only took three steps towards him.

"Come closer!" He bellowed.

"Please father, I have to leave and run an errand before the store closes."

His eyes turned dark and dangerous, and his arm snaked out and grabbed her by her braids, "Don't you talk back to me bitch!"

"No....no.... Father I wasn't talking back, I...."

"Shut the fuck up!" He roared, and twisted the braids in his hands.

"Aaaaahhhhh!" She cried out with pain, as he continued to pull her hair.

"I said shut the fuck up!" He pulled her by the hair and slammed her against his chest.

The fear of hurting her baby was the only thing that Abby had on her mind, if anything happened to Steven's child she would never forgive herself, and she would do anything necessary to protect it.

Her fathers heavy breathing and the smell of alcohol on his breath made Abby want to vomit, her heart hammered against her chest when his heavy hooded eyes raked her from head to toe.

"I want you!" He said hoarsely, "I have been patient all these years, but now I thinks it's time to collect my dues."

"No father please!" Abby begged.

Abby tried desperately to release herself from his strong hold, but that only aroused her father even more and with his free hand, he unbuckled his belt and unzipped his pants.

Horror struck Abby in the heart and she started to scream, "if you don't shut the fuck up I'm going to kill you do you understand?"

Abby nodded.

"You little bitch have avoided me all these years, all I'm asking for is what is do to me," her father sneered, "a little blow job can't hurt, can it?"

Cucci, Abby's precious little dog barked and wagged it's tail angrily at her father, realizing something was wrong, but her father kicked the poor little doggy and it went flying across the kitchen and whimpered in the corner from fear and pain.

He watched her with his beady eyes, until she shook her head, "Bitch get on your knees and suck me and I will not hurt you!"

Oh my God, oh my God she thought desperately.

Her father pushed her to the floor and before Abby even had the chance to react, he whipped out his beefy dick and crammed it in her mouth.

Abby choked as the thing pushed its way down her throat. His hands held on to her braids tightly and she couldn't even released her mouth from where it was. He pushed it in further and deeper and he closed his eyes enjoying the feel of her mouth around his cock.

She could hear his heavy breathing, and it only took him a few seconds until he moaned with great satisfaction, as he spilled himself in her mouth, and when he was done he released her hair and pulled his dick from her mouth slowly.

Abby stood frozen where she was, unable to connect her mind and heart to what just happened. Uncontrollable tears rolled down her eyes, but she didn't dare say a single word for fear he would strike her and put the baby at risk. Her hands automatically stretched around her stomach for protection from any more incoming harm.

Her drunken father washed himself in the kitchen sink and then turned around to face her. As he was replacing his shrunken beef back in its place, he said in a drunken slur, "Tonight when your mother leaves for work come to my bed, I will teach you how to fuck, and remember if you tell anyone and cross me in any way I shall kill you!"

Through a rivulet of tears, Abby watched him open the kitchen door and exit. Traumatized, Abby dropped herself on the tiled floor, and passed out cold, with her hands still around her abdomen to protect the baby.

A few hours later, Claire rang the doorbell, pounded on the front door and called out Abby's name, but there was no response. She walked to the side of the house and pounded on the back door a few times but still no answer. Her hand wrapped around the doorknob and she was surprised that the door opened.

"Abby?" Claire said, as she swung the door open, "is anyone home?" She called out and took a step into the house only to find Abby laying on the kitchen floor. Her eyes opened wide and she screamed, "Oh my God, oh my God!"

Abby lay on the floor in a fetal position, her tearful eyes looked glassy, and void of life. Claire dropped her packages on the table and knelt down besides Abby. 

"Speak to me Abby!" She insisted, "is it the baby?"

Abby did not respond.

Claire's eyes lowered to Abby's shirt and her eyes opened wide, "Jesus!" She yelled, when her knowing eyes looked closer at the dirty shirt.

Quickly lifting herself up she ran to the table and grabbed her purse, pulled out her phone and dialed 911.

Five minutes later the ambulance was outside the house and the paramedics were pounding on the front door. Running to answer it, Claire cried, "she's over there, please be careful with her she is pregnant!"

One paramedic rushed to Abby's side and took her vitals, the other two paramedics brought the stretcher inside the house.

"What happened?" One of them asked.

"She has been sexually assaulted," Claire had to drag the words out of her mouth, and a rivulet of tears rushed down her face, "it was her own father that did this, he should go to jail!"

Ten minutes later after they placed and secured a non responsive Abby on the stretcher, they rolled her out of the house. Abby followed after them.

"What hospital are you taking her too?" She cried.

"Lutheran general hospital."

"I'll follow you in my car!" Claire told him and watched as they placed her in the ambulance, shut the doors and then drove off.

Claire's hands were shaking as she turned to go to her car when a pair of strong hands gripped her from her shoulders and stopped her from leaving.

Claire looked up into Steven eyes that looked wild and crazy, "What happened to Abby?" He asked hoarsely. Claire tried to gather her thoughts and Steven shook her roughly, "why did the ambulance take her!"

"Her father sexually abused her!" She was so traumatized that the words rolled out of Claire's mouth before she could stop herself.

Steven's eyes narrowed and he stared at Claire trying to understand what he thought he just heard, or if his ears lied to him. "What?"

"Her father has abused her for years, this time he went too far." Claire's dropped her chin to her chest and cried her heart out.

Dropping his hands to his sides, Steven's facial expression turned dark and dangerous, "Where is he?" He asked in a calm, but cold voice.

"I don't know."

"How badly is Abby hurt?"

"I'm not sure," Claire admitted, "she wouldn't talk and she seemed like she wasn't aware of her surroundings."

"Jesus!" Steven swore, "I'm going to kill him!"

"Why are you here?" Claire asked him, wondering how it was that he was here at this time.

"I'm just keeping an eye on her."

"Why?"

"Swear to me what I'm about to tell you won't ever be repeated!"

"What?"

"Swear!"

"I swear!"

"I still love her and will always love her, she is my life."

"Then why....."

"It's complicated Claire," Steven admitted, "she's in love with Jeff and I had to step aside, I love her enough to let her go, but that doesn't mean I can't love her from afar."

"And you come here and watch her?"

"Everyday and all the time."

Claire's heart twisted with pain, she wanted to tell him the truth, that Abby still loved him and she wasn't with Jeff, but she was afraid to do so. There was the baby situation, what if Steven or his parents forced her to abort the baby, what if Abby doesn't ever speak to her again for telling him, there were too many what if's to risk telling him the truth, so she decided to keep her mouth shut.

"Why?"

"Cause I can't live without her Claire." His voice cracked, "please go to her now and stay with her. Keep her safe and I want you to call me and tell me how she is doing. I need to know everything Claire."

"I promise you I will call you."

Her tone was promising and Steven calmed down. "If anything happens to her I'll end my ...."

"Don't speak such words Steven," Claire begged, "I swear to you I will stay by her side and make sure she is doing well."

"Can you call me once in a while from Massachusetts?" Steven asked, "I need to know everything."

"Yes Steven I will call you whenever you like."

"Is Jeff good to her, is she happy?"

Claire looked up into his deep blue troubled eyes and nodded, "he adores her."

Tears welled up in his eyes and he turned his head sideways, but Claire saw the tears, she placed her hand on his back and said, "Why don't you do something, why don't you tell her how you feel?"

"It's more complicated than that," Steven said, "I can't live with the idea that she is in love with Jeff, I died a thousand deaths when she told me she loved him, and I will honor her by stepping back and giving back her life, I will stay away, and you will keep me informed of everything."

He stared at her until he read in her eyes acceptance of his wishes, Claire smiled, "Abby is a lucky girl to be loved by you Steven, and don't worry you will be informed of everything, I'll keep in touch even when we leave for Massachusetts." Everything except the pregnancy, she thought with sadness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26K 43
Clementine, Clem, Reeves is a laid back girl who blends into the background happily. Never in her life has she wanted to be popular. She's seen the m...
388K 9.4K 30
Rebecca Thomas is new in town. She is cute, sweet and shy and hates being the center of attention. Everything seems fine before she starts her new sc...
2.3M 41.1K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
8.2K 406 48
Book two of Steven's and Abby's love story. Unable to handle the break up, Steven goes on a road to destruction. Her image haunts him and the only w...