Falling For My Wife

By _Shivani_1910

Sidharth Karthikeya Roy, a dangerous and powerful businessman who is a ruthless CEO of Roy group. He got enta... More

Author's note
Chapter- 1 First meeting
Chapter- 2 shopping
Chapter- 3 wedding..
Chapter- 4 bullying
Chapter- 5 little fights
Chapter- 6 Attraction
Chapter- 7 shock
Chapter- 8 confrontation
Chapter- 9 her life
Chapter- 10 Impressed
Chapter- 11 knowing her
Chapter- 12 sufferings
Chapter- 13 first kiss
Chapter- 14 misunderstanding
Chapter- 15 Missing..!
Chapter- 16 arguments
Chapter- 17 event
Chapter- 18 tease
Chapter- 19 Working together
Chapter- 20 tired
Chapter- 21 venting out
Chapter- 22 family time
Chapter- 24 Am I?
Chapter- 25 dinner?
Chapter- 26 Arna
Chapter-27 First date
Chapter-28 Why?
Chapter-29 Her confession..!
Chapter-30 Pampering
chapter-31 Taking care..!
chapter-32 Jealous..!
chapter-33 Anniversary event
Chapter-34 Revealing
Chapter-35 Promise
chapter-36 destroying
Chapter-37 Attack
Chapter-38 Realization
chapter-39 Hiding
Chapter-40 Cunning
Chapter-41 Her outburst
Chapter- 42 Pain
Chapter-43 Upset
Chapter-44 Honeymoon..?
Chapter-45 Together
Chapter- 46 uneasy
Chapter- 47 surgery
Chapter- 48 Fierce
Chapter- 49 Truth
Chapter- 50 Comfort
Chapter- 51 Regret
Chapter- 52 Trip
Chapter- 53 evil plans
Chapter- 54 Trust
Chapter- 55 Proposal
Chapter-56 girls night
Chapter- 57 Surprise..!
Chapter- 58 The end..!!
Epilogue
New story announcement
Aadhya story

Chapter- 23 Hate her ?

43K 1.6K 38
By _Shivani_1910

Author's POV

When Megha woke up, it's already dawn.

"I don't remember coming to the bedroom, then when and how I came here," she mumbled to herself.

"You don't remember because you fell asleep watching the movie, and I carried you here," Karthik said in his morning raspy voice. She smiled sheepishly, looking at him, and got off from the bed.

After the morning routine, they took a shower not together and got ready for the day. It's Sunday, so they have to go back after dinner tonight.

"Karthik," she called, looking at him through the mirror as she was combing her hair, sitting on the stool.

"Hmm," he hummed in response.

"How about we stay here until mom's... I mean---"

"Ok," he replied even before she completed her sentence.

"What?" she asked, puzzled as he walked to the mirror.

"I said ok. Ok for staying here until next week," he replied and pinched her nose.

"Really?" she asked excitedly.

"Yes, my babygirl," he replied with a small smile.

After breakfast, they both announced about staying here until next week. His father and mother's happiness doesn't have barriers, his whole family felt happy.

Anjali and Megha started chatting in Anjali's room while Shyam and Karthik were discussing business in his study.

Someone knocked on the door when Megha and Anjali were lost in their conversation. Anjali asked that person to come in and they both looked at the door when Yashodha walked in, holding what looking like a dress.

"Anjali, I bought this dress for you," her mother said, entering the room without noticing Megha.

"Megha, you are also here," she muttered.

"Yeah, maa," Megha replied with a smile.

The three started talking about clothes and all. Yashodha also talked with them like they all are friends from years. Anjali has a good relationship with Yashodha even though she is their stepmom.

After sometime, Megha stood up to go but Yashodha stopped her.

"Megha, I wanted to talk to you since yesterday. Can you give me five minutes?" she asked.

"What maa? Why are you asking like that? You can talk to me anytime," Megha replied and sat on the bed beside her.

"Actually, Megha, I wanted to thank you. Thank you for bringing our Sid back from his shell," she said.

"Maa, you don't have to thank me," Megha tried to say.

"Wait, Megha, let me complete. I have not completed it yet," Yashodha said in a shaky voice.
"You know, Megha, when Karthik was still little, he used to talk to me a lot. We used to play all the time and you know we were crime partners back then, but all changed with his mom's death."

"He never talked to me like he used to. He never talked to his father, I think, for marrying me. He even shut himself in a room. He only talks with his sister that too coldly other than his best friends Arjun and Shyam."

"No doubt he respects his father. He will listen to him whatever he orders, even marrying you. He didn't like to marry, but when his father told him to marry you, he agreed. We know that you will be the best partner for him and you proved it again."

"Thank you so much, Megha... today those father and son reunited because of you. I know he hates me, but at least I am happy for his father," Yashodha said gratefully with teary eyes.

"Maa, Karthik doesn't hate you. He will talk to you, eventually. Please wait for that day," Megha assured her.

Karthik's POV

In a blink of an eye, three days passed. We were going to work from here and coming back.

Our family is so happy. I don't know what she has done, but nowadays Jashwanth and Megha became close friends. Even my aunt also changed a lot. Only Rekha is ignoring her.

Thinking about tomorrow, my mom's death anniversary, I took a deep breath and slept cuddling my wife, who makes me calm.

We both woke up early in the morning and got ready. Then all our family visited mom's grave. It was so much to control myself. My dad and mother consoled me and I just nodded. My Sister cried a lot. I patted her back as she cried, hugging me, but I didn't shed a single tear.

After some time, all our family left, leaving me behind like always. Every time we visit her, I won't go with all of them. I will sit here alone with my mom until I feel like leaving.

I sat in front of her grave, staring at her photo on the tombstone.

"Karthik."

"You didn't go with them?" I asked Megha, still staring at mom.

"No, I want to be with you," she replied softly.

"I want to be alone. Please leave," I said calmly, without looking at her.

"No one wants to be alone, Karthik," she said, and a sob left from my mouth.

"Don't control yourself, at least not in front of me," she said softly, patting my shoulder as she sat beside me.

I don't know why, but I can't control my emotions in front of this woman. I controlled my tears till now, but not anymore.

I controlled when my dad was feeling sad. I have controlled looking at my sister crying, but this woman just asked me not to control, and my trait tears started to flow.

She hugged me, and that's it, I broke down in her embrace. I kept on crying and she was caressing my head gently. After what felt like an hour, I came out of her embrace.

"Why Megha? Why does she have to leave me?" I mumbled in a shaky voice.

"Who told you that she left you?" she asked, and I looked at her, confused.

"Who told you that she left you alone? She wasn't. She is with you, she can hear you, and she will see you. If you cry, then she will feel bad."

"Just close your eyes, Karthik. You can see her and you can feel her too," she said very softly, like talking with a kid.

I looked at her, unconvinced.

"Just do as I say. Close your eyes and think about her," she said again.

I closed my eyes as she said, thinking about my mom and, sure enough, I saw her. I freaking saw her. I know it must be a dream or hallucination, but it felt real.

I opened my eyes after a few minutes and saw my wife's smiling face. This is not the smile which I see every day, it is like a reassuring smile.

"Thank you Megha," I said and hugged her. She also wrapped her hands around me, patting my back.

After that we went to Roy mansion.

I went to my room directly, while she went to meet my sister and dad.
Every time this day, I would shut myself in my room after coming from Mom's grave without eating until I feel like going out, but this time, I don't want to lock myself and I don't want to hurt Megha. She has done many things for me.

As I was lost in my thoughts, someone shook me, holding my shoulders, then only I came back to my senses. "What Megha?" I asked.

"What are you thinking? I have been asking you to eat for quite some time," she said in disbelief.

"No, Megha, I don't feel like eating anything," I said softly, not wanting to hurt her.

"No, you have to eat. It's already evening and you haven't eaten anything since morning," she remarked, sitting in front of me on the bed with plate in her hand

"No, Megha," I replied, this time a little loud.

"If you don't eat anything, then your inner soul will cry with hunger," she said, like telling a story to the kid and shoved food in my mouth.

"What was that?" I asked amusedly after swallowing the paratha she shoved in my mouth.

"Don't you know this... OK, let me tell you whenever we feel hungry or we stay without eating anything, then our inner soul cries with hunger, then we feel more stress and that makes us angrier. That's why when people are hungry, their anger is also high," she explained while feeding me and soon food completed on the plate as she completed her story.

"Megha, you think I am five?" I asked after drinking water.

"Why?" she questioned.

"You feed me like feeding a five-year-old while telling a story," I chuckled.

"But it worked out, though," she smirked.

"I ate it because I don't want you to feel bad," I remarked.

"Anyway, you ate. That's all I need," she shrugged.

"Have you had your lunch?" I asked, as I forgot to ask her before.

"All husbands are same. They only remember their wife's appetite after they fill their own stomach," she exclaimed, wiping her fake tears, and I chuckled.

"Didn't you have your lunch?" I asked.

"No," she pouted.

"Wait for me," I said and pecked her pout before going out.

I went to the kitchen, and there stood Aunt Nirmala, cutting vegetables. Every weekend she also comes to Roy mansion along with us.

"What do you want, dear?" she asked warmly as she saw me.

"Nothing. I mean, I want food," I stuttered.

"Megha didn't have her lunch, so I came here to take food for her," I explained as I never entered the kitchen before, so I don't know where the food is.

"Ok wait," she chuckled and gave me a plate filled with food. I took it and thanked her.

I went to our room holding the plate and there was my wife sitting on the bed waiting for me. I sat in front of her. She looked at the plate and then me with wide eyes, then a beautiful smile appeared on her lips.

"Come on, have it," I said, giving her the plate, but she didn't take the plate.

"I don't want to eat," she pouted again.

"Why? It's already late, so you have to eat," I exclaimed firmly.

"Then feed me," she commented cutely with puppy eyes, and I melted with her look.

I laughed and fed her as she wished. Only she is capable of ordering me and I don't know why, but I follow her like a whipped man.

After eating, we chatted for a while about business, and then she suddenly asked me something that made me think.

"So, Karthik, you hate Maa, I mean your stepmom," she asked more stated...

***

So, guys how is today's update??

Do vote and comment your comments❤

💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 120K 84
The story is of two individuals Siddharth Khanna and Anusha Singh. Both were gems to their parents, both spoiled, both stubborn, friends adored them...
41.7K 1.8K 32
Ava Shetty, a girl with an enchanting aura, had the power to sprinkle happiness wherever she went. With her protective older brother and loving paren...
1.2M 49.3K 48
What happens when in revenge you hack a system and ultimately it leads in your unexpected marriage?? Catch the story of Naina Sharma- The Hacker and...
106K 1.1K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...