𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬: T...

By Marie-Clarie

[ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟒 ] Published: June 2022 Completed: July 2022 More

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚 & 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐕: ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐈
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐈𝐈
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐈𝐈𝐈: Life Goes On

Chapter 24

4.8K 187 159
By Marie-Clarie

|| Ghost ||
Since the love that you left
is all that I get
I want you to know
That if I can't be close to you
I'll settle for the ghost of you
I miss you more than life
And if you can't be next to me
Your memory is ecstasy
_______________________

[ 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ]

~ Flashback ~

"Babe, you know I'm just playing with you," Jungkook held her onto his lap. "We just got married. You having my child would make my life complete. But right now let's focus on each other. We're still so young and there's so much to enjoy."

"But...I want you to stop talking to Aera," she sulked.

"Okay then I want you to stop talking to Taehyung," he teased her, but partly meant it.

She pouted her lips and pleaded with her eyes. Immediately, Jungkook gave in. "I'll do anything for you, y/n."

Y/n smiled placidly. "And when we have our cute little family, I really wish we have a son first then a daughter. In that way he can protect her."

For a moment he took a moment to admire her smile and innocence in her eyes. "It doesn't matter to me. Although having a daughter would be cute, I want her to look like you. And you have me to protect you and our future kids. And baby...can I just say one thing...please never lose that angelic smile of yours...and I pray that it never goes away."

~~

The memory of the past faded as Jungkook came back to reality. He was walking side by side with y/n, late at night down a familiar neighborhood.

"We're finally here," he stood in-front of the white iron gates, with no guards in sight. "Jimin's house."

"Where's all the guards?" y/n uttered, taking notice of the empty area, usually flooded with guards.

"I've called Jimin beforehand," he told her. "I just wanted us to be alone."

Y/n remained quiet, lost for words.
"Look Jungkook...I appreciate that you brought me here...but are you going to be okay?"

"Um...yeah, I'll be okay," he responded, but deep down he knew it was a lie, not wanting her to worry. "Y/n...we always chose love despite all the hardships. But what good is love when you're always suffering? As much as I don't want to let you go, it's better off that we go our own way. I'm not saying I've given up...I just want us to live our lives...and I just choose to let you go."

Out of no where he pulled her into a gently embrace, unable to bare the pain in his heart any longer as the realization began to seep in.

His body was wordless, saying that he loved her. To y/n, it was a familiar touch, but memories were still a blur.

Jungkook wouldn't let go, knowing it might be his last moment with her. He couldn't help but hold her tighter, and soon memories of the night they met flashed onto his mind, followed by all the blissful memories of the past.

Memories frozen in time, almost ghostly. But those memories faded quickly as Jungkook came back to reality.

"I'll be in Greece with my father," he pulled away, despite wanting to hold her forever. "We have some business we have to deal with there. But it's also where my father is now living. I don't know how long I'll be there. But I'll have our kids flown out to Greece every week to see me. And if you ever want...you can join them, in case you miss me. I'll miss you a lot, so please come see me too."

She stood speechless with a sad smile on her face and a sudden ache in her ache that she couldn't understand.

He couldn't help by smile, despite the sorrow in his heart. "I hope you smile more often now. No matter how bad my day went, your smile always turned my worst days to better ones."

A tear trickled down her cheek, while her heart flooded with sadness.

"Life with you was sure one hell of a rollercoaster ride," he tried to smile but the pain in his heart overtook him as his voice broke. "There were ups, downs, twists and turns. But I realize that struggles teaches you a lot and I think we both have grown and improved."

"Yes, we sure have grown up," she sniffled quietly, trying to resist her tears from falling.

"T-thank you, Jungkook" she said wistfully. "I guess this is...goodbye?"

"I won't say goodbye," he said quietly, tears threatening to spill from his eyes, "Because I hope to see you again."

Y/n miserably turned around and walked away. The pain in her heart amplified with every step but her mind told her to keep moving forward.

"Y/n," Jungkook shouted from far behind and she froze in her tracks. She didn't turn, unable to see the pain in his eyes again.

"It was an emotional rollercoaster ride," he said out loud. "But I would ride on it again and again, only if you're willing to be by my side because I won't be able to do it without you. You're the only reason I held on."

Tears welled up from deep inside and coursed down her cheeks. He miserably watch her continue to walk away. There was a glint of hope that all of this was just a nightmare, that he will soon wake up to his wife and kids.

But as she walked further and further away, it became clear—this was the harsh reality.

Complete hopelessly converted into tears. A giant hole found a permanent home in his heart as his eyes continued to bleed in pain.

"Take care of yourself, y/n. I will miss you and I will always love you with all my heart...I know this is for the best but...why am I in tears?" He dragged himself away from the scene with a broken heart and a battered soul. The two separated like two ships passing in the night, not knowing when they would see each other again—nevertheless, possibly in another life.

The End.
════════════════════════

Author's note:
I know some will be frustrated and I will accept the heat that will come my way. But this is just how the story will end. :)

If you're not too please
with how it ended, you can pretend it ended in part 3. ❤️

Don't miss the 3 Epilogues to see how both their lives unfolded.
It's important and I don't think you would want to miss it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 214 17
Jungkook loves everything. He loves his family, animals, friends, videogames, and many more. Except for his annoying little neighbor, Jimin. Started...
2.2M 127K 83
Jungkook : Please help me, I feel horny.... Y/N : WTF! A story through texts Jeon Jungkook FANFICTION 2021 All rights reserved
111K 5.8K 34
|| 𝑹𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 || || 𝑴𝒂𝒇𝒊𝒂 𝒂𝒖 || || 𝑶𝒃𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 || "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅...
295K 12.4K 47
❝ 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 ❞ ᴛᴏᴘ ᴛᴀᴇ ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ ᴋᴏᴏᴋ ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ © 2021 ʙʏ ᴠᴀɴɢᴏɢʜ___ Publish : 22 September 2021 E...