The Heartbeat at the Tip of t...

By liliesandliliac

The vastly differing world views of the male and female lead - The purpose of food: Female lead: To fill my t... More

Note :
~ Prologue
Chapter 01 :The kiss at the tip of the tongue
Chapter 02 : Late = kick your brain to pieces
Chapter 03 : Scapegoat + Venting bucket + Punching bag = Bros
Chapter 04 : 1000 USD = fees for a one day tour?
Chapter 06 : Capitalists = being cast away
Chapter 07 : Hand phone thief = Bald head
Chapter 08 : The taste of having a crush = candied haw
Chapter 09 : Even if you're a bro, knock before entering!
Chapter 10 : Liking Song Yi Ran = Wetting the Bed
Chapter 11 : New York, New York
Chapter 12 : Pursuit and contest
Chapter 13 : Wall Street's Charging Bull
Chapter 14 : Soup from Hell
Chapter 15 : Rotten Tomato Index: 10 Stars
Chapter 16 : Jeon Jungkook = Nightmare Time
Chapter 17 : Jungkook VS Lisa = Lisa totally defeated
Chapter 18 : "Genius" and "Devil"
Chapter 19 : You bit me ah !
Chapter 20 : The first breakfast with Jungkook
Chapter 21 : Polar Lights
Chapter 22 : Hawthorn ice cream
Chapter 23 : Mint Cabbage Soup = Nightmare
Chapter 24 : The details determine everything, Lisa
Chapter 25 : Jungkook's thoughts = don't try to guess
Chapter 26 : A night of storm
Chapter 27 : Mushroom pork noodles = roots of weed
Chapter 28 : Mixed mushroom pork noodles Vs shredded fish fried noodles
Chapter 29 : Hell's kitchen
Chapter 30 : Squid roll and absinthe
Chapter 31 : Uncle's birthday
Chapter 32 : Lisa's Mixed mushroom pork noodles
Chapter 33 : Special Hollandaise Sauce
Chapter 34 : Jungkook VS Song Yi Ran Round1
Chapter 35 : Neurasthenic Jungkook?
Chapter 36 : Honesty in a rainy night
Chapter 37 : Same Bed Shared Pillow
Chapter 38 : Near Jungkook's Lips
Chapter 39 : Lisa's sense of taste
Chapter 40 : Swaying
Chapter 41 : The Comet Kiss
Chapter 42 : Like you
Chapter 43 : If You're Not Confident I'll Kiss You
Chapter 44 : Let's live together, Lisa
Chapter 45 : Jungkook VS Song Yi Ran Round2
Chapter 46 : Becoming Lisa
Chapter 47 : Battle of the senses of taste
Chapter 48 : Chocolate and Rose
Chapter 49 : Potato Pancake Tower (I)
Chapter 50 : Potato Pancake Tower (II)
Chapter 51 : Branded Kiss

Chapter 05 : Granny Wang's stir fried liver

311 7 2
By liliesandliliac

"If you not willing to, forget it."

When Jungkook was about to turn around to return to the car, Lisa grabbed his arm quick as quickly as a fire arrow: "Willing! Willing! 1000USD is in cash or cheque or transfer!"

As the sentence was shouted out, she suddenly felt the she had lowered her not very proud head in the first place in front of money, revealing the dog like nature of slavery that Song Yi Ran used spicy lobsters to enslave her.

But it's 1000USD ah! When converted is more than 6000 renminbi!

If she were to really go to New York, she would definitely have to bring some capital over ah!

One day and 1000USD earned, it's only bringing around Mr Iceberg who has eyes that can't be used to eat and drink only, legitimate income from labour, why would she not want it?

But Jungkook creased his brows, and strongly pulled his arm back.

Crap...... was she in too much of a hurry, and had angered the boss?

"This Miss, Mr. Jeon does not like others to touch him," assistant Li Yan reminded.

Lisa hastily withdrew her hand.

"Additionally, Mr. Jeon is a very important figure in the Chinese cuisine industry. Especially his sense of taste. So I hope you won't bring him around to eat things that will affect his health or to places with dirty environments."

Li Yan's insinuation was extremely obvious.

All of a sudden, Lisa did not know what to say. Jungkook said he wanted to eat something unique, but at the same time those specialities and snacks most probably won't be able to meet Li Yan's requirements ah.

At this time, Jungkook straightened his cane.

That movement was extremely elegant, like an ancient swordsman drawing his sword calmly and sharply.

He extended the other end of the can to Lisa, indicating that she should hold on to it, and said: "Let's make a move."

"Mr. Jeon, Why won't you take the car?"

"There's no need. If we took the car, we wouldn't be able to get anywhere."

"But...... Mr. Jeon......you aren't used to riding taxis ah!"

Li Yan doesn't dare to touch Jungkook, but he kept a hold on Lisa who was leading the way, putting Lisa in a dilemma.

It seems like this 1000USD is not going to be easy to earn.

And, why would he not be used to riding taxis?

Jungkook was silent, not saying a word.

Li Yan could only say to Lisa: "Where ever you ride the taxi to, you must remember to open the door for Mr. Jeon.

Mr. Jeon will not touch things that many people have touched before. Also remember, you have to guard the doorframe, you must not let Mr. Jeon hurt himself. You have to cushion the seats, Mr. Jeon will not sit where many people have sat before! After you sit, you have to wind the windows down, to let the air ventilate! Mr. Jeon does not like smoke smells or other odours!"

Lisa could not restrain her face from showing black lines.

Honestly, this Mr. Jeon is not only blind, but he is an obsessive clean freak!

Didn't the saying go, out of sight, out of mind?

What is he so obsessive for?

At this point, Jungkook finally speaks.

"I will not ride the subway, public transport or taxi."

Lisa could only look at the Bentley with shiny eyes, heartily recommending to go by car ba.

But the next sentence spoken by Jungkook made Lisa totally speechless.

"Do you know how to ride a bicycle?"

"Known how to since I was six."

"Li Yan, go buy a bicycle first. Let her bring me around on a bicycle."

Lisa was stunned silly, "What?"

It's not that she has never had others ride pillion before. Once on a school's bike outing, young master Song Yi Ran got ill, and she could only as an ordinary modern woman have him ride pillion for more than two hours, causing her back aches the next day, especially for her legs where she could only lumber around.

"That's too dangerous!" Li Yan opposed again.

"You are my assistant, your job is to satisfy my demands and not constantly oppose my decisions."

Jungkook's voice was cold.

Li Yan's expression did not look good.

"Yes, Mr. Jeon."

Lisa awkwardly held on to the other end of Jungkook's cane while standing on the road.

Many passers-by could not help taking a second look at them. After all, Jungkook has such an outstanding appearance with an alienated disposition, and Lisa feels like she is strolling with a handsome guy....... Ah, it's strolling with an iceberg guy.

Li Yan was more efficient than Lisa expected. In less than 15 minutes, he bought a bicycle.

Lisa glanced at the price tag stuck on the bike and almost got a fright, it was as much as two months of her internship salary!

Furthermore, they set out Jungkook's personal utensils, paper towels, etc. in the front basket.

Li Yan also took a picture of Lisa's identification, indicating that if something were to happen to Mr. Jeon, he would report her to the police.

To have matters come to this point, Lisa suddenly felt like she doesn't want to do this kind of work anymore.

As expected, the heavens will not drop free pies......

Lisa held on to the bicycle, bit the bullet and said: "You may get on, Mr. Jeon."

"En."

Once Jungkook was on, Lisa bit her teeth and pedalled off.

Good thing Song Yi Ran gave her practice, otherwise, how would she be able to have a visually estimated 1.85m big guy ride pillion and while riding look heroically and evilly cool? Wrong...... it's heroically and windily cool.

"What's your name?" Jungkook asked from the back.

"Lalisa Manoban." Lisa took a deep breath, the golden master behind has to be treated with care ah, "Mr. Jeon do you have any preference for snacks?"

"As long as they are unavailable at fine dining restaurants, it's fine."

With this type of icy cold voice coming from the back, Lisa feels that her sweaty back from pedalling has chilled in an instant.

Lisa searched her mind fleetingly quick.

The bike has left the main road, and is heading to some smaller streets.

"Mr. Jeon, since it's some commoner's snack, then they definitely won't be as particular as Lang Hua Restaurant. We're only eating for flavor, so we can't expect quality. "

Lisa had to give Mr. Jeon a preventive caution first. It's okay if the food doesn't suit his palate, but if he showed that he was unsatisfied or unhappy on the spot, imagine how awkward the situation would be ah!

"En."

"That...... the place I've picked is what I think is considered one of the cleaner ones. I've eaten here for 20 plus years and I've not had an upset stomach from here before."

"En."

"It's just that they are all either roadside stalls or some little shop in the alleys, some shops are even just opposite homes."

"En."

Lisa suddenly feels that she is at a loss for words.

My dear brother, apart from "En", do you know how to say anything else?

They both ride pillion, but Lisa suddenly feels that compared to this Mr. Jeon, Song Yi Ran is a "moe moe pie"!

"Mr. Jeon, may I know what you're called ah?" Lisa feels that if she doesn't even know what the person behind her is named, then she has really let her father down.

"Jeon Jungkook."

That was the answer, thwo words. For example which "Jeon", which "Jungkook", there wasn't even any extra explanation.

Until a few seconds later, Lisa finally realises that the other party's name might just be that "Jeon Jungkook".

Rivers (Jeon) pass east, as sails (Jungkook) would too.

This name sounds like the person would have possibilities of changes for the melancholy. But the owner of the name was so indifferent that others have no idea how to get along with him.

Lisa rode the bike in boredom, and finally reached a roadside stall, an old granny was tending to the mouth of the pot, slowly stirring.

A few foldable tables in front, there were a few young guys and girls slowly eating something, chatting and laughing together.

The air was filled with an aroma that made people salivate unconsciously, Lisa hadn't even stopped the bike, and she couldn't resist swallowing.

She touched a foot to the ground and said: "Mr. Jeon, we are here. Granny Wang's stir fried liver is what I've eaten since I was little till adulthood."

Jungkook alighted, and Lisa realised then that Li Yan had bought a bike, but he had forgotten to get a lock!

She could only make do with having the bike lean on one side, put a napkin on a foldable chair, invite Jungkook to sit down then cover his ear and whisper into his ears: "Because this is a roadside stall, so the bowls and chopsticks are roughly washed then put in boiling water and considered already disinfected. You don't mind right?"

Jungkook moved his face away, obviously unhappy that Lisa was too close.

"It's already not bad that they are able to do so."

Lisa happily went to look for Granny Wang to order stir fried liver. Even Song Yi Ran with that cunning mouth would shamelessly ask her to pack Granny Wang's stir fried liver and bring it to school for him. She doesn't believe that this Mr. Jeon would think that Granny Wang's stir fried liver is not tasty!

Lisa received the stir fried liver from Granny Wang, and slowly and carefully put it in front of Jungkook, "Mr. Jeon, it's a little scalding, be careful."

She put the spoon at the edge of the bowl, and had actually wanted to guide Jungkook's hand to the spoon, but she remembered that Li Yan said that he did not like others to touch him, so all she could do was to sit quietly at the side.

Jungkook bend his head down, the warm steam floated up, carrying along the rich aroma of the stir fried liver.

His eyelashes were very long, his nose bridge high. Under this kind of warm air, his original cold features were softened.

Lisa felt a great sense of pity. If he could see, he would probably be in accordance to the fantasises of girls of cool tyrant president ...... This is her first time that she has seen someone whose appearance is comparable to that player Song Yi Ran.

When Jungkook ate, his movements were restrained and elegant, slow but didn't give off a pretentious and feminine feel.

On the contrary, Lisa has to admit, it is really pleasant to the eyes.

When his lips separated, you could catch a glimpse of the tip of his tongue, the moment it touched the spoon, this guy who had a look of indifference gave off an aura of sultry sensuality.

It's just that he only had a bite and he put the spoon down.

"What's the matter? Is it because it tastes bad?"

"Just based on the ingredients, the pig's liver is very fresh, and the pig's intestine was handled very cleanly. After heating the oil, star anise and fennel are added, followed by raw garlic. After frying till golden brown, a suitable amount of bean paste was added, followed by stewed mushroom soup. After merging together, the gravy thickened. Internal organs are originally ingredients that are very difficult to handle, yet this plate of stir fried liver managed to extract the freshest, most delicious flavours from the pig's intestine and liver."

"So you think that it's delicious?" Lisa's eyes lit up.

She remembered that Jungkook had said before, if she brought him to try foods and he felt that any were delicious, apart from the 1000USD tour fees, there would be an additional 500USD reward!

"For an ordinary roadside stall to be able to make it to this standard, it is indeed rare. But it's far from delicious."

Lisa囧. Where is it not delicious? How is it not delicious la? Why is it not delicious la?

This is totally insulting to Granny Wang's craft of decades ah!

————————————————————————————————————————————–

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 15.3K 38
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
3.1M 253K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
3M 192K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
312K 25.3K 15
MY Creditor Side Story แ€•แ€ซแ‹ Parallel Universe แ€žแ€˜แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€™แ€ปแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ Creation แ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€ฌแ€™แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท main story แ€”แ€ฒแ€ท แ€™แ€žแ€€แ€บแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€•แ€ฒ แ€กแ€›แ€„แ€บ character แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏ แ€›แ€žแ€กแ€žแ€…แ€บ แ€แ€…แ€บแ€™แ€ปแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€”แ€ฒ...