PrimRose

By Avesee

FULL NAME: Primrose Rhys Davidson DISLIKES: Her first name, Primrose Rhys Davidson lived the last eight years... More

Prologue
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
06. Not. My. Girlfriend
07. Regina and Friends
08. The Emperor's Speech
10. Badass
11. Pure Bliss
12. Lunch in Class
13. Relationshipology
14. The Bowling Alley
15. Shawn to the Rescue
16. Never Far From Trouble
17. Left Out
18. Fire Breathers
19. A Shitty Day
20. Meeting Another Davidson
21. A Perfect Snack
22. Fire Fairy
23. Remi's Kitchen
24. Fire Breathers II
25. The Karate Kids
26. A Hot Sack of Potatoes
27. All Just a Bad Dream
28. Dinner at the Kings
29. Unexpected
30. Strong Girls Don't Cry
31. Kings Delight
32. Brother Zoned
33. Better off as Enemies
34. Senior Elijah
35. Another Encounter with Mr. Davidson
36. Rhys and Abel
37. The Adekoyas
38.
39. Little Soldier
40.

09. Hot Dog

7 5 3
By Avesee

Hey guys,

I want to let you know that this chapter has a little bit of pidgin English.

But I translated everything that was said in Pidgin.

I added pidgin because it's a common language in Nigeria and I wanted Rhys and you to have a little bit of that local Nigerian vibe.

You may be seeing more of other languages in the following chapters but I promise to translate.

Hold tight and enjoy

“I told you today is going to be a little different from what we usually do” Bishop said loudly so that his voice could be heard above the noise.

Everyone started to whisper among themselves again.

“Come on, don't be like that. No rhymes today_”

The general class response was negative.

“But_ but we are going to be dropping some catch lines”

The response turned a whole one-eighty. Everyone seemed excited.

“Much better. Let the best player win!”

The class cheered.

The first person to stand up was the guy that Bishop had addressed to as Comrade.

Person wey dey waka with chair, you sabi wetin dem dey call am?” he asked. /Do you know what a person who walks about with chair is called?/

“What?” a few people asked.

Chairperson” he replied.

The class hooted with excitement. People were running around the class with a lot of enthusiasm while others did the bruh kind of handshakes with him.

Though I didn't understand all that he said, the pieces added up and made a bit of sense to me.

“Do you know what a pool for poor people is called?” Iveren was the one who asked.

“No!” the class replied.

Purple” she replied.

The class roared again.

When the class calmed a bit Gold stood up, “What about a pool for dead people” she asked.

The class was dead silent.
Everyone was pondering on a possible answer.

“Deadpool” a reply came from an unknown source.

The class roared yet again.

Are we not making too much noise?
Nah! It's fine.
Our voices will hardly reach the door.

Ed has no girlfriend, because Sheeran away!” Jake said with a stupid smile on his face.
The class cheered and patted him.

“Let’s hear from Rhys” someone said....wait what?...and the others agreed.

My eyes widened in surprise, what am I supposed to say?

“I'll say mine then Rhys can say hers after me” Bishop said and stared at me with amusement.

Yay! At least he was giving me more time to come up with something.

He mouthed a thank_me_later and I just smiled back.

Una sabi something about me?” he asked. /Do you know something about me?/

“No” the class replied.

He looked quite serious, “I no wan die yet /diet/”  /I don't want to die yet (diet)/

The class cheered noisily.
It took them quite a while to calm down.
Soon the class was dead quiet and all eyes were on me.

Okay, here goes nothing.

“Do you know what a dog in a short dress is called?” I asked.

“Bitch?” someone asked.

“Nah. Hot dog”

The class roared this time louder than before.

“SS1C, what is this noise about?” a teacher walked into our classroom.

Everyone froze. We are all going to be in trouble.

“Do you want to bring down the whole school because of your noise? Ehn? No answer me. Do you?” he asked in a weird accent.

Except Abel and I everyone else was on their feet. We were caught red-handed and there was no way we could escape being punished.

“Tell him I almost passed out” I whispered to Abel.

“What?” he whisper shouted back.

“Just do it!” I said and started acting all sick.

I pushed my butt to the end of my seat and supported my neck with the backrest of my seat.

“Sir Rhys almost passed out so we were all freaked out” Abel lied smoothly.

That's my boy!!

The teacher walked towards our seat and everyone close stepped aside for him to pass. He stopped in front of my desk.
Has he seen through our lies? I panicked, I just hoped my panic wasn't obvious.

I fluttered my eyes slowly and forced tears out of my eyes. I was breathing in heaves to polish up my act.

“She almost hit her head on a desk” Bishop added to show the teacher how serious the situation was.
The others agreed with Bishop.

“Abel and Bishop, take her to the clinic. Everyone else sit down, your classmate will be fine” he dished out orders and everyone except Abel and Bishop who stood close by scurried to their seats. “I’m going to inform the vice principal about this. Your parents will pick you up shortly” he said to me.

I nodded my weakly and a few drops of tears rolled down my face.

Abel and Bishop helped me up on my feet and assisted in walking, each of them on either sides. I was barely even walking, these two were literally doing the walking for me.

He left only when the three of us had left the classroom.

I honestly didn't think the teacher was going to fall for our drama so easily.
But anyways, I'm glad he did.

“What if this is just a trick for him to let us relax before we get suspended?” Abel asked.

“It's not” I said.

“But what if it is. You know we could all get into serious trouble if the school finds out about this, don't you?” he asked again.

“Don’t be such a worrywart. After one week even if the truth comes out, they will do nothing to us” Bishop rolled his eyes.

“I didn't know you are this much of a drama queen” I teased.

Bishop laughed.

Abel didn't take it quite well.
“Drama what? Do you really not see that we are going get into trouble?”

“Nop” Bishop replied popping the ‘p’. “I only see that we are going to the clinic”

“Are you serious right now?”

“No, I'm Bishop”

I stifled my laughter.

Abel glared at Bishop.

“Just calm down” I tried to sound as natural as possible.

“I can't calm down. I can't believe you got me into this” he now glared at me.

“On the bright side we get to get away ‘if’ no word gets to the authorities” I said smiling at nothing in particular.

...get to get away if no word gets...
Ah! Why do I like that line so much already?

“You see? ‘If’ makes that a conditional statement. That means there is a chance that we can still get caught” Abel retorted.

“Get your shits together already, will you?” Bishop snapped, “She saved our asses back there, so instead of nagging our ears off you can either thank her or shut your mouth”

Abel looked away and remained silent.

“Thanks, Rhys. You really saved us back there. Mr Balogun is a terror, with all the noise we were making it wouldn't have gone well with all of us” Bishop appreciated.

This school really has a lot of scary personalities.
Brenda.
Regina.
Sarah.
And now this Mr Balogun.

“You’re welcome, Emperor. I'm just glad I could do something to help all of us. Besides it wasn't just me, Abel too helped. If he had refused to cooperate we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with”

“Yeah, true” Bishop nodded. “Thanks to you too, Abel”

“You shouldn't be thanking us, we did it for everyone.... including ourselves” Abel said.

I wish I could just snap this moment and frame it and keep it in a treasure chest because that's where it belongs.
It made my eyes water with imaginary tears.

As we entered the clinic, the smell of antiseptic and other chemicals I do not care about hit my nose.

How could I forget, this was a clinic, a mini hospital. Someone was already inside. The nurse was tending to his wound. She was done cleaning it up and was wrapping the fingers of his right hand with bandage.

“Place her on the bed” she told Abel and Bishop without looking up at us.

I turned to look at the guy she was tending to and met a pair of compelling dark eyes. He was already staring. I stared, he stared right back. His gaze made goosebumps crawl up my skin.

He was the guy I saw when I went to pick GG up from the Kings’.

Everyone around here has dark eyes but I don't know what was so different about this one that made me want to stare into them forever.
Forever?
My eyes widened in realization.
Oh my gosh, Rhys. Where are you learning those cheesy stuff from?

“Captain, no more fights. Am I taken?” the nurse scolded.

He merely grunted in reply, his eyes never leaving mine. I broke eye contact and he walked out of the clinic without acknowledging anyone else.

Me: “...”

I hope you loved this one.

The puns....

This is probably the most embarrassing thing I've written in my life 😭😭😂.
I'm not going to delete it but I'm never going to write a chapter like this again!😂

Love you 😘

Please don't forget to

Vote 🌟

And

Comment 💬

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 71.9K 38
Charlie; a little girl who desperately needed catching. Leo, Oscar and Atlas; her three older brothers who awaited with open arms. ~ Five year old Ch...
33.2K 2.3K 20
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
190K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
972K 22.1K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...