WILDEST DREAMS | stranger thi...

By belletastix

"if we die today because all this is crazy i just want to say that i love you... and i beat you on our last ... More

π—ͺπ—œπ—Ÿπ——π—˜π—¦π—§ 𝗗π—₯π—˜π—”π— π—¦
soundtrack
graphic gallery
act one, season one
001. will is missing
002. with robin
003. we'll find him
004. he's gone
005. pretty... good
006. will's alive
007. let it go, harrington
008. do you copy?
009. sensory deprivation tank
010. it's in the trap
011. eleven!
012. back to normal
act two, season two
001. we're friends, officially?
002. you're not so bad, harrington
003. dart and madmax
004. hopper!
006. farrah fawcett
007. i have a weapon
008. the mind flayer
009. eleven's return

005. no way

567 25 1
By belletastix

chapter five
no way

Steve, James and Dustin sat in awkward silence as Steve drove, the radio being the only noise in the car. Steve staring at the road in shock after James and Dustin explained the situation to him.

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve asked, referring to Dart.

"First it was like that." Dustin sat forward between the two front seats, holding his fingers close together before holding his hands far apart. "Now he's like this."

"Sit back and put your seat belt on." James ordered, pushing the boy back. Dustin rolled his eyes, letting out a huff and putting his seat belt on.

"I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve tried to tell him, hoping he was right because the whole thing was kind of freaking him out.

"It's not a lizard." Dustin stated, annoyed.

"It's not a lizard." James agreed.

"How do you know?" Steve questioned.

"How do I know if it's not." Dustin retorted.

"How do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve asked.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat!" Dustin exclaimed, leaning forward once more. Steve tilted his head to the side, before nodding.

"It wasn't a lizard, man." James repeated to his friend.

When the trio got to Dustin's house, Steve threw his keys to James to put in his bag before opening his trunk and grabbing his bat. The three walked towards the bunker where Dart was, Steve shining at torch at the doors.

"I don't hear shit." Steve stated.

"He's in there." Dustin spoke firmly.

Steve hit the doors with the bat, taking a breath before turning to Dustin once more, shining the torch in his face. "All right, listen, kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead."

"It's not." Dustin stated, squinting. "It's not a prank. Get it out of my face."

Steve narrowed his eyes, turning to James. The boy sighed. "It's not a prank."

"You got a key for this thing?" Steve sighed, asking the pre-teen.

Once Steve had the key, he opened the door, crouching down as Dustin and James stood over him. The three looked into the cabin, Steve taking the torch off of Dustin and shining it as far as it would reach, none of them seeing anything.

"He must be further down there." Dustin shrugged. "I'll stay up here in case he tried to... escape."

Steve turned to Dustin, letting out a scoff before turning to James. "You're coming with me."

"Why?"

"We did pretty good defeating the Demogorgon or whatever." Steve admitted.

"Fine." James huffed, following Steve down into the cabin. James took the torch off of the boy, shining it around the room. He had grabbed his sword like thing out of the boot of Steve's car at the same time he grabbed his bat, the two fully armed as they looked around.

Steve picked up a massive puddle of slime on the end of his bat, both him and James grimacing before continuing to look around for Dart, noticing something as they did.

"Steve?" Dustin called from above. "James? Steve, what is going on down there?"

James suddenly shined his torch towards Dustin, scaring the boy as Steve ordered, "Get down here."

"Now." James added.

Dustin made his way down the stairs, instantly being met with the goo on the end of Steve's bat. "Oh shit." James bought his attention to the corner of the room, shining his torch on it. "Oh, shit!" Dart had managed to create a tunnel out of the cabin, leading to god knows where. "No way."

"No way." Dustin repeated as the three knelt down to look into the tunnel, James shining his torch down it as they inspected it. They decided they needed to create a plan, the three going about town collecting all of their respective supplies.

By the time they had finished, the sun was beginning to rise once again. The three taking their supplies out of Steve's car. Dustin's radio, the boy moving to answer it, telling Lucas on the other end to meet him, Steve and James at the old junkyard.

They were all wearing gloves, Steve and James carrying meat while Dustin carried the can of gasoline.

———————————

"You need to go home, okay?" Theo told Avery. The two were stood in the hallway of Hawkins labs, the men dragging them all there to find out what was going on with Will. "I'll stay and see if Will and Hopper are okay, you need to go home and speak to your mother."

Avery hesitated for a moment, weighing up her options before she stepped forward, hugging her father. "Okay, I'll see you later."

"I'll update you if something happens." Theo stated.

Avery nodded, taking the keys her father handed her. She quickly and quietly navigated her way out of the lab and towards the car. She jumped in the drivers seat, speeding down the road towards her house. When she reached her home, her mum had already opened the door, noticing the car pulling up and walking outside to greet her daughter halfway.

Lorelai wrapped her arms around the girl, letting out a sigh of relief. "Are you okay? What happened?" She asked, pulling away but keeping Avery close.

"A lot, um, but everyone's okay, I think. Dad's at Hawkins Lab with Joyce, Bob, Mike, Will and Hopper." Avery explained, nodding her head. They both turned to walk into the house, holding each other close when a voice caught their attention.

"Avery!" The blondes turned to see Lucas cycling towards their house. "Avery!"

"Lucas, what's wrong?" She asked the boy, concern covering her features.

"We need to go help Dustin." Lucas spoke, slightly out of breath.

Avery nodded, spinning on her heels and rushing into her house. She made her way into her father's study, grabbing something and putting it in the back of her jeans before leaving the house once more. She kissed her mum's cheek, sending her an apologetic look before grabbing her biek and following after Lucas.

"I'll be back later!" Avery called over her shoulder.

"You better!" Her mum shouted after her. "And be safe!"

"I will!" Avery smiled before turning to Lucas as they pulled onto an unknown road. "Where are we going?"

Her question went unanswered, however Avery let out a large sigh when she recognised the car in the driveaway. Lucas rang the doorbell multiple times but no one answered, music blaring from inside the house. The door suddenly swung open, Max stood on the other side. Her eyes widened when she saw Lucas, looking back at Billy before stepping outside of the house and closing the door behind her.

"What are you doing here?" Max asked him.

"I have proof." Lucas stated.

"What?"

"Proof that what I told you was real." Lucas explained. "But we have to hurry."

"Wait, you told her?" Avery wondered, making her presence known.

"Yes." Lucas snapped.

"I was just asking." Avery held her hands up in surrender, backing up on her bike ever so slightly.

"What kind of proof?" Max questioned.

Lucas quickly rambled on about the proof before Max went back inside. Avery and Lucas, per Max's instructions went to the back of the house, where Max's bedroom was and waited for the red haired girl to climb out of her bedroom window.

A few moments later, the girl appeared, rushing to open the window and climb out of it.

"Come on, hop on." Lucas hurried her. "Hurry."

"This better be good stalker." Max told Lucas as the three cycled off, Avery following Lucas to wherever he was taking them.

"I have a feeling it will be." Avery commented with a sigh.

( 💌 ) isobels notes
oh em gee long time no see guys heyyy
just been rewriting all of this tbh and it's
still not the best but whatever
also lost interest in this book for a while
but it hit 25k reads so thank you so much
and have this chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 6.9K 24
❝ I CAN'T FIGHT THAT THING! WHAT IF I BREAK A NAIL? ❞ NANCY WHEELER/OC SEASON 2-3
2.3K 81 12
❝Sofia, know that you and I shouldn't feel like a crime❞ (Extended Summary Inside) F!oc x Robin Buckley Stranger Things 3(Scoop Troops Pov in R&J) ...
706 37 15
"STEVE HARRINGTON IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE! HE SAVED ME AND FOR THAT I'M FOREVER THANKFUL" Stranger things seasons 1-4+? Hawkins, Indiana
108K 2.6K 33
"I like talking to you red" "I like talking to you too blue" - Stranger Things Max Mayfield x male!oc Seasons 2-4 Season 2: Completed Season 3: Compl...