Grace of Olympus

By TashaAmy1803

Grace is a tough nut to crack. She has to always have a certain level of decorum. But sometimes that goes to... More

Chapter One - Christmas Tragedy.
Chapter Two - A menial place
Chapter Three - Attack on The Capitol
Chapter Four - Warzone
Chapter Five - Some sort of a Plan
Chapter Six - The Lions Den
Chapter Seven - Showdown
Chapter Eight - Light and Grace
Chapter Nine - Love between two people
Chapter Ten - A new Life
Chapter Eleven - Last Minute Plans
Chapter Twelve - A Set Funeral gone bad
Chapter Fourteen - Crash of Reality
Chapter Fifteen - Harley Quinn
Chapter Sixteen - Finally a friend
Chapter Seventeen - Not out of the woods, yet
Chapter Eighteen - Saving Love

Chapter Thirteen - Fight for our lives

110 4 0
By TashaAmy1803

The men started shooting at us in the bullet shielded car. I told my husband to stay down.

"Voight." Mike called

"Yo."

"Let him get next to us." Mike told the agent he slowed down a little letting the car pull next to us as they kept on shooting.

"Hold him, hold him...now." the car swerved to one side knocking the car causing it to flip over another. We continued and there were two motorbikes on our tail.

"Ben hold this." I handed one of my glocks and opened the door. Leaning outback I fired at one of the bikes. Knowing Mike was doing the same with the other. When they were down I pulled myself back in. However none of that was over as four more took their place.

"Brake now." I yelled. Voight did so causing two to crash into us. Mike and I took them out.

"Go! Go!" Voight put his foot down. But there were two left. Who now had turned and came at us. The managed to make a hole and shot Voight.

"Voight! Voight!"

"You two down, now." I breathed heavily.  I slipped round and pulled the seat back. Pulling Voight to us. Mike got in the drivers seat.

"We need to keep pressure on the wound." Ben pressed down.

"Voight! Vought." Lynne shook him and I checked his pulse, there was nothing.

"It's no use, he's gone." I told them. "Mike do manover 361." I called he hit a car to swing round sharply and  drove backwards.

"Ben, stay down." he knocked one driver

" Mike gun." He gave it to me and I slipped out of the window.

"Keep steady!" I called. I began firing double time. I took out the main shooters and slipped back in. Mike turned us around again.

"Mike on your left!" Ben stated one driver crashed through Lynne's side Mike got a hold of his helmet

"Not right where you wanna be right now."

"Fuck you!" he said

"Fuck me?" Mike replied then crashed him into a wall leaving only his helmet. "Fuck You." he through the helmet out

"Inspired partner." I breathed

"Thanks, we're almost there."  We pulled into Somerset house and screeched to a stop. I pulled Ben out of the car and towards the chopper. Jumping out Mike covered us and the doors were shut after Lynne was inside. Up in the air I riffled in my bag pulling out a hair tie, since my bun was loose then extra ammo.

"Are we good?" Ben asked breathing heavily I reloaded and attached the gun back to my thigh, the threw my hair into a pony tail.

"For now." Mike replied Ben then turned to me.

"Why the hell do you have a gun, strapped to your thigh?" he asked heatedly, still breathing heavily.

"Is now really the best time?"

"As better as any." he retorted

"Seriously, cause I thought we just made it out of a terrorist attack or is that just me?" I snapped, now was not the time for this conversation, we were not yet safe and I needed not to be distracted.

"Grace, I won't ask again." I rolled my eyes

"Because I do."

"First Ladies don't have guns." he retorted "in case you forgot you're a first lady."

"Well a first lady has never been me, has it."

"Really I thought we talked about this, I thought you were gonna be..." I cut him off.

"What like Maggie?" There was a stunned paused as i brought her up, she was never normally a sore subject, we had discussed that ages ago, we talked about her to keep her memory alive for Connor.

"I never said that." he gulped.

"But it's what you meant. When are you gonna get it? I can never be like her. She was a really good friend but I'm not her. I don't always know the right thing to say, or do. I don't know what you should call people to make them feel special or that you remember everything about them. I didn't spend years getting used to all of that while you were Governor, campaigning to be President. I never trained to be a first lady, Ben.

I'm a solider, a Agent. I spent my life training to defend, attack and protect  my country, family and friends. The woman you married is paranoid and knows every exit out of the building before sitting down. She carries a gun because nowhere is ever truly safe and there is always someone out to get you and the people you care about.

That's why I have a gun. Because I trust that if anything goes to shit, like it just did I can protect us. I can shoot them before they shoot you." I panted as he sat there stunned

"I'm never going to apologise for being myself. Nor will I ever stop having a weapon close to me."

"Marine one with Southpaw and Lioness on board en route to Stanstead. Prepare air force one ready for departure." I heard the pilot say. I stared out of the window and the broken city below. More then one place had been targeted, there was smoke coming up from several different locations

-3rd Person-

Back in America, the phones were lighting up as the task force was called into play. The Secret Service remaining got word of what happened and marched into the nursery where Annabelle and Conner were with elizabeths.

"ma'am, we need to move you and the children to a secure location. Let's move." Annabelle scooped up Elizabeth and took Connors hand not asking questions. She had been told that should anything happen she doesn't question anything unless she feels something is off or until they're in a safe place.

They were take to a secure bunker, where two remained inside and a heavy door shut behind them.

"What's going on?" Annabelle questioned

"There has been an incident, for security precautions, you have been moved." Was the answer

"Is it here or somewhere else. Marcus isn't it, you gotta give us something." Connor sighed. tHE agent turned on the tv and the watched in horror as they were told what had happened.

"Grace? Dad?"

"On the move back to air force one, that's all i have right now. But until we know it's contained and that it's limited to British soil, all of you must remain here. The First Lady has sought that amenities in case of such action have been taken care of." he gestured around to the room that held stuff for Elizabeth mainly but other things such as food and drink.

-Grace-

"It was a trap." Lynne was the first to speak after our argument she turned from looking out of the window.

"That and understatement." Ben muttered

"Holy shit. It's one thing to plan for this another to live it." Lynne added shaking her head, we had been trained for such events, but we told it was unlikely to happen.

"Well we're good now." Mike breathed

"It'll be OK." Ben took my hand and I pulled it away, not in the mood. I just wanted to be back home, with the kids.

"Yeah, we'll be on secure ground in ten minutes okay? Gracie." I looked at Mike with an incredulous gaze.

"Nothing is ever Okay. Shit like this doesn't just end because we're in the air. Whoever planned this isn't just gonna let us go."

"She's right. There was no chatter on this. Something of this magnitude, it took years to plan and we had days."

"It's a fucking bloodbath. How did they do this?" Ben asked

"They only have to get it right once. Today they got it right way more than that." he replied and went silent for a moment. "Shit." I snapped my head to where Mike was looking, one of the choppers had been hit.

"I hate it when I'm right." I grumble

"Marine three is down!"

"Shooter at 2 o'clock." Mike called "See them" the pilot radioed to the second chopper . Alarm went off and I was now scared.

"We're being pinged "

"Stingers." I breath, needing to focus, compartmentalise, keep it together, we had to get out of this.

"Deploying flares." One of the stingers was taken out. The second one took another shot and they deployed flares again.

"Marine one out of flares."

"Marine two out of flares."

"Marine two prepare for sacrifice."

"Copy" I looked back and the second shopper took a hit.

"Missile locked on."

"Mr President, Ma'am. We're gonna take a hit. Brace for impact." I held on as the rear took the hit. I held on for dear life as we went crashing into a building and then a clear felid. But then I blacked out.

-3p-

Marine one gave of smoke  from the crash. Ben coughed  holding his waist, and groaning from the impact, still alive and breathing.

"Sir? Sir, are you good." Mike questioned

"Yeah." Ben winced and turned his head. He saw that Grace wasn't responding with any comments to how that hurt or curse as the assholes who had brought them down.

"Grace, Gracie!" he scrambled over to her.

"She's not responding." Ben panicked. The past five minutes, that all ceased to matter once he saw her head bleeding. Mike checked for a pulse and there was a strong one.

"She's alright, just knocked out." Ben pulled her into his arms that was when he also noticed Lynne.

"Lynne. Lynne." Mike left the two and went to his boss. She had been pierced through the stomach and was bleeding badly. Mike attempted to stop the bleeding. But Lynne knew it was no use, this was her clocking out.

"Get them out." She wheezed.

"Ben, Ben. take Gray and get out of the chopper. Get out of the chopper. Take her and go, this thing could blow at any second. Now!" Ben lifted his wife out and  took her away.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Ben muttered to his wife stroking her hair. "God, you better not leave me too." he continued. Meanwhile in the chopper Mike spoke to a dying Lynne.

"I never thought you would outlive me." Lynne joked, Mike held onto her hand

"Me Neither."

"Oh shit." she breathed "Do me a favour. Stay alive. You gotta see your kid."

"I will." Mike promised holding onto her hand.

"And you have to save Grace from herself. She doesn't deal well with grief remember." Even now she was still trying to take care of them, till the very end.

"Shhh, everything's gonna be fine. Grace is gonna be fine. I promise." he assured her.

"Make those fuckers pay." she groaned in pain slowly fading away.

"I will." she took her last breath. Ben looked up for a second then back at his wife. Mike came out of the chopper.

"How is she." Mike inquired after his best friend.

"The same."

"Good. Box command, this is Gulf one do you copy?" There was nothing but static "Box command this is Gulf one do you copy?" the same again.

"Fuck." he checked his phone and there was no signal.

"Fuck! Looks like we're walking." The turned around hearing motorcycles.

"Mr President those better be comfortable shoes. I'll take her." He lifted his friend and partner over his shoulder and they both took off running.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 70 34
Between love and loss, forgetting and remembering, will this young couple survive what's to come? Will something happen to make Erza fall for another...
292K 12.7K 65
(Hey all. I've merged them together, sorry for any inconvenience.) Grace Griffin Roman Parker They are nothing alike. To Need Her: Grace is a sociali...
2K 105 32
That kiss was...amazing. Our foreheads, still touching, as his eyes bore into mine. "Grace?" "Yea..." "I Love you." With those three words I knew at...