Timeless Hero | BNHA OC FanFic

By vintage_gigi

| BNHA OC FANFICTION | TIME TRAVEL Rini Otani has an extremely rare quirk similar to that of Sir Nighteye's F... More

\\ Foreword //
\\ Characters //
\\ PART I //
1 | First Time For Everything
2 | Quirkless No More
3 | Purple Hair Boy
4 | Bully To Friend
5 | What Didn't Happen
6 | Serious Discussion
7 | Making Sacrifices
8 | Consequences
9 | Hope For The Future
10 | Training
11 | Ready
12 | Entrance Exam
13 | Welcome To UA
14 | Quirk Assessment Test
15 | Possibility
16 | Hero 101
17 | Declaration Of War
18 | Its Time
19 | Not On My Watch
20 | Moving Forward
21 | Sports Festival
22 | Festival Finale
Quick A/N
23 | Queen Chess Piece
24 | Internship
25 | Hero Killer
26 | Threat
28 | Calm Before The Storm
29 | Oversight
30 | Change Of Heart
31 | En Prise
32 | Checkmate
33 | Time Is Precious
\\ Costume 2.0 //
34 | Symbol Of Evil
35 | TRANSCEND •●• T I M E
// Part II \\
36 | TURN BACK •●• T I M E
THANK YOU <3

27 | Mistakes

1.4K 73 16
By vintage_gigi

\\ Rini //
\\ Hosu //

.

.

.

After talking with the Chief of Police then parting ways with Hawks, our group left the hospital and returned to HQ where my classmates were waiting. Although Midoriya and Gran Torino weren't involved in our operation, they had to stick around for confidentiality reasons. They were sworn to secrecy just like everyone else that was present in that alleyway.

When we got back and entered the lounge area, only a few sidekicks were present with the guys considering Endeavor, Best Jeanist, Hawks, and the other Pro's had to oversee the Nomu's arrest. Even Iida's brother had to help.

As I stepped out from behind Nighteye, I noticed how the guys weren't aware of our arrival. They were scattered on the couch set and still in their Hero costumes but some of their gear had been put away like Iida's helmet and Bakugo's gauntlets. They also looked concerned but not frantically concerned; no doubt Midoriya passed along my message and reassured them that I was fine. And speaking of Midoriya, I noticed how he and Bakugo were sitting across from each other civilized.

I smiled warmly at the sight.

"Hey guys, why the long faces?" Mirio greeted with a light chuckle.

Suddenly, all eyes were on us. Then without missing a beat they stood up and looked ready to swarm us but froze when Gran Torino stepped up.

"Ignore them. They were just moping 'cause instead of being greeted by this beautiful young lady, they got me and Midoriya instead," the veteran Hero with no filter said while gesturing to me.

With a tiny almost unnoticeable tint of blush on their cheeks, one after the other the boys quickly blurted:

"You are completely mistaken, Sir," Iida hand chopped.

"That isn't the reason for our behavior," Tokoyami crossed his arms and sighed.

"We were just concerned for the wellbeing of our classmate," Todoroki stated before averting his gaze to the floor.

"We already told you old man, we ain't lovesick puppies!" Bakugo raised a fist at him while Midoriya held him back.

All of their reactions were too much. I tried to hold back my laughter but I let a giggle slip. This caused them all to freeze and look at me expectantly.

"Oh, uh. . . They're right, Sir. I did run off without telling them where I was going or what I was doing, so I'm sure I worried them tremendously," I said in a guilty tone while fiddling with my hair.

Gran Torino simply said "alright" with a knowing smile. He then walked towards Nighteye and pulled him aside to talk. Bubble Girl also wandered off to talk with the other Pros. With them out of the way, the guys circled me. . . but since Mirio and Midoriya didn't formally meet back in the alleyway, I helped properly introduce them.

"Mirio Togata at your service! Your also from 1A right? I saw the way you fought in the Sports Festival, you got some crazy power dude!"

"Uh, t-thanks! And yes, I'm Izuku Midoriya. . . Your an upperclassman at UA, I remember seeing you in last years Sports Festival on TV!"

We all stood back and watched as the two went on a tangent and into a mini conversation of their own. Although I didn't know it at the time, I could see once again why my mentor had Mirio as a potential candidate for One For All. . . But I could also see why Midoriya was better suited.

"Oh, sorry Otani-chan! I didn't mean to interrupt or anything-"

"Your completely fine," I smiled kindly at him.

The green haired boy returned a smile and a humble nod.

Yes, I could see why he was chosen.

"We're glad to see your alright, but where did you go, Otani?" Iida started off the questions everyone was so desperately holding back.

"One second you were by our side, and the next you were gone. And then we get word that the Hero Killer is caught. . . did you play a part in that?" Tokoyami added.

"Bakugo told us that you were called over by one of the Pros, but we didn't hear anything. We were ready to chase after you but he said you were the only one needed. . . Why?" Todoroki stated.

"For the tenth time, you all didn't hear the sidekick call her because you were closest to that loud ass crowd!" Bakugo snapped. But then he sent me a look and I knew what he meant by it.

Play along.

"Bakugo is right guys. It was one of Hawks sidekicks, and I'm surprised I heard him too because he didn't shout loud. Also, Hawks requested me by his zone since I could anticipate if the Nomu would escape or not. . . And then I had a bad feeling about Sir Nighteye's team and told Hawks that we should check it out, then he caught him," I answered their questions with a convincing voice.

Before getting here, we decided to get our story straight: I ran to help Hawks, told him to assist the others in taking down Stain, and instead of leaving me with his sidekicks he brought me along. As for Midoriya and Gran Torino, they happened to be in the area and Gran Torino helped while Midoriya stayed back. It sounded suspicious but it fit.

I watched as they all relaxed and bought my lie. Well, specifically Iida and Tokoyami since Midoriya and Mirio knew the truth and Bakugo and Todoroki knew about my quirk.

"Alright then. . . Sorry for doubting you Bakugo," Iida turned to the blond and pat his shoulder.

He shrugged him off and narrowed his eyes.

"Wow, I'm surprised you didn't yell Kacchan," Midoriya said with a nervous smile.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" He shot back.

"N-Nothing!" The green haired boy raised his hands in submission.

We all watched their interaction until Tokoyami spoke up.

"So did you catch a glimpse of the Hero Killer. . ?"

My smile faded and I looked down at the ground.

Upon seeing my reaction, the guys quieted down to hear my answer. I thought back to that alleyway and how the Hero Killer was tenaciously trying to murder the others. Then a moment of what didn't happen from my vision flashed in my mind as if to compare the horror.

I felt a sweat drop roll down my forehead as the image of blood tainted my mind.

"I. . . I did. . ."

The guys stood in silence. The air was suddenly thicker and nobody dared to say a word.

A few tense seconds passed before I mentally shook the thought of Stain and what didn't happen from my thoughts. I then looked up at the guys and flipped the topic.

"But we don't have to worry about him anymore. He's never going to terrorize society again."

At my confident words, the guys all gave firm nods of agreement. Although, I noticed how Midoriya looked a little sad as if he saw right through my facade.

"Hey, it's time to freshen up and hit the hay!" Bubble Girl suddenly appeared beside our group.

Everyone was a bit confused so she went on to explain.

"Since your mentors are still taking care of things with the Police and Hero Commission, you all get to spend the night here. I'll show you the showers then assign your rooms. In the morning you'll all be on your way and will continue your internships. Follow me!"

Iida, Tokoyami, Bakugo, and Midoriya gave firm nods and followed after her. Mirio, Todoroki and I already knew where they were so we stayed put. But then Sir Nighteye called Mirio over to join his discussion with Gran Torino, most likely to introduce him.

Which left me and Todoroki alone.

And I knew what came next.

A terse silence hung between us. We stood side by side and watched as the guys disappeared out the door and Mirio walked over to Nighteye. When the coast was clear and nobody was in ear shot, Todoroki then turned to look at me.

"You've been lying about your quirk from the very start. You have a Perception quirk like Nighteye."

I didn't react to his bluntness since I already saw this coming. Which caused him to add:

"And your not surprised by what I just said or denying anything. . . So then my assumption must be right."

I offered him a soft smile before looking down at the ground and sighing.

"Your right. You figured me out."

Todoroki froze at my immediate confession. He didn't show it in his face but his eyes reflected his shock. He was clearly not expecting me to admit it so easily. And while he recovered from his shock, I decided to speed this conversation along just like what I did with Bakugo.

"To answer your questions, yes I have future vision, yes I helped with this operation and the one at USJ, no Sir Nighteye is not my dad or relative we just so happen to have similar quirks, and yes I have been lying about my quirk but its for good reason. Congratulations, you are the second person from our class to figure out and confront me about my quirk," I said in a hushed voice.

Todoroki looked even more taken aback by my words. He blinked a few times to process all that I said before clearing his throat.

"Um. . . Alright then. . ." He trailed until he found his voice again. "But wait, I'm the second? Who-"

"Bakugo. He confronted me the day after the Sports Festival," I supplied in mild amusement.

It took him another moment or two to process my words. I could see the gears in his head turning before the fact settled in his mind.

"Hm. That makes sense. But I would have thought Midoriya figured it out first since your friends with him and you helped him master control over his quirk."

I shook my head.

"No, he doesn't know. . . Not yet at least."

Todoroki hummed then looked down at his left hand.

"So. . . If I may ask. . . Why do you keep it secret?"

I noticed how he looked at his left hand and conflict flickered behind his eyes. He didn't say it, but I knew he was thinking if I was ashamed or hiding a part of my life the way that he did regarding his father's quirk.

"I keep it secret for many reasons. . ." I trailed as I thought about my years of practically acting as a vigilante with Sir Nighteye. "But the main reason being that if the wrong people knew then I'd be in trouble. . . As you know, future vision quirks are rare, and seeing as I can change the future for a better outcome then that makes me extremely rare," I explained quietly with a serious tone.

Todoroki hummed in understanding. He knew how small the percentage for Perception quirks were in the population. And he understood why I had to keep it secret since it would be less useful if the world knew of my quirk.

Just like Bakugo, I could see the gears turning in his head and it changed his demeanor. He straightened his posture and had a determined look on his face.

"I understand. I won't tell anyone."

"Thank you," I offered a warm smile and nod in reply.

After our quick conversation, Bubble Girl returned and said that we should get ready for bed like the others. Todoroki and I complied and made our way to the showers; he went to the boys floor while I went to the girls floor with Bubble Girl.

Once everyone finished freshening up, we all briefly met in the lounge area to have a light snack since it was too late for dinner. We talked about the days events, how our internships were going so far - Midoriya pointing out Bakugo's odd fashion sense and the blond half yelling at him in embarrassment - then we were sent to our rooms.

Before I went to bed, I texted Hitoshi and let him know that everything turned out fine. He said that he was relieved and said I'd have to tell him all about it once we got back. I smiled knowing that I would have to explain not only the Stain issue but the new addition to our secret club: Todoroki. The rest of our conversation consisted of him telling me about his internship and how hard Edgeshot was training him. I told him that he'd survive and he sent me a straight faced emoji. After that, we told each other good night and put the phones away.

I don't know when I fell asleep, but I do remember waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. A small unsettling feeling washed over me like a cold draft and made me sit up. I clutched the sheet to my chest and realized how my hands, no, my body was trembling.

"What the. . ." I mumbled to myself.

I blinked a couple times and looked around the room in search of the source of my fear.

Nothing was there.

I sighed and rubbed at my eyes.

"Maybe just my nerves from today. . ." I reasoned.

Since I clearly didn't have a nightmare and nothing was physically threatening me, I brushed the feeling off as my nerves having a delayed reaction from the days earlier events. Specifically how I dealt with the Hero Killer and survived. . . But I was wrong.

This was my first warning for what was to come and it was my first mistake not heeding the sign.

All For One was coming for me.

.

.

.

\\ A Few Days Later //
\\ At UA //

.

.

.

After everything that happened in Hosu, the events played out like this: the guys left and returned to their internships as discussed, Sir Nighteye and our group returned to his agency and I continued my internship, the media revealed Hawks captured Stain, and once again my involvement remained secret.

When my internship ended, Sir Nighteye reminded me how proud he was of my bravery when nobody was around. He also reminded me how he wouldn't be able to use his teaching license; which meant no more extra training on school grounds with Midoriya and All Might.

I understood what he meant but I also felt bad that Mirio wouldn't be able to work under him later down the road. However, he reassured me that it wasn't my fault and he already entrusted Mirio to another friend for his work study. And speaking of Mirio, he said that he would see me and the others around at school; he also mentioned something about introducing us to the big three.

When it came to my parents, they already knew I was involved in the Stain incident and were both proud and worried about me. I didn't want to worry them anymore than they were and left out the details about Stains bloodthirsty aura. I kept it brief and told them how Hawks and I took him down. . . And then I told them how Hawks might be onto me.

That didn't sit right with my parents.

It sparked a debate between my mom and dad about whether we should ask Sir Nighteye to work out a deal to keep my quirk secret or we should trust that he won't tell the HPSC. I squashed the argument and said that judging by the way he defended me, he wouldn't say a word. I also said I'd look a month into the future again when I got the time considering I had to refresh that visions outcome. Thankfully they calmed down and trusted my judgment.

Now, here I was on Monday morning walking uphill to UA alongside Hitoshi. It felt like ages since I'd seen him, and it was nice to be next to my best friend again. He was talking about his internship while rubbing his shoulder.

"And then he used his quirk and paralyzed my whole arm from the neck down! I still can't get the numb feeling to go away. It's like constant pins and needles," he grumbled.

"Oh, maybe you should see Recovery Girl at lunchtime-"

"Oy, Taffyhead! Insomniac!"

Hitoshi and I paused then turned around to see Bakugo with his hair stuck in a comb-over stalking towards us. . . And an indifferent looking Todoroki trailing right behind him.

"What's wrong with your hair?"

"Hey, what's up?"

"Shut up! It won't go back to normal!" He snapped at Hitoshi first before turning to me. "And you. When were you going to tell me that Icy-Hot figured out your little secret?! On the way here he started yapping with me like we were buddies and I told him to shut up but then he told me he knew about you?! I nearly blew him up!" He half yelled.

Hitoshi gave me a look of mild surprise and betrayal.

"What-"

"The same time I was going to tell Hitoshi. Which is right now. . . Surprise, heh heh," I replied with a guilty laugh.

Hitoshi and Bakugo facepalmed at my answer. Then they glared at each other before turning said glare onto Todoroki who had finally caught up.

"Good morning. . . Why are you looking at me like that." He said in a monotone.

Hitoshi pinched the bridge of his nose while Bakugo scoffed. I offered Todoroki a smile.

"Don't mind them. They were just shocked to find out you joined our club," I joked, but it seemed to go over his head.

"Club? Wouldn't a club risk your secret-"

"Not an actual club you dunce!" Bakugo snapped at him.

I sent the blond a disappointed look and he let out a heavy sigh.

"She meant "club" figuratively," he grunted, and Todoroki tilted his head in acknowledgment.

I gave Bakugo an appreciative smile and he swiftly looked away. Then Hitoshi spoke up.

"You two weren't meant to find out. You were meant to keep your nose out of other peoples business," He reused the word in disgust and sent them both a sour look.

Bakugo and Todoroki met his gaze and returned defensive glares.

"Hey, don't blame us for noticing holes in her story from day one. It ain't our fault we figured something wasn't adding up and wanted answers," Bakugo retorted in a low warning tone.

"Guys. . ." I tried to settle them.

"For once, I agree with Bakugo. I was suspicious about her because she never gave a straight answer in class. And over time it became clear that she was misleading us on purpose. So it only made sense to pry," Todoroki added.

"Guys. . ." I tried again.

"Tch. All I'm hearing are excuses from two nosey, arrogant pricks. If she wasn't giving you a straight answer then it was for a reason and you had no right to snoop," Hitoshi grit out.

"Who are you calling pricks-"

"Guys!"

All three stopped and turned to look at me. They all wore pissed off expressions and looked ready to go at each others throats. Which is why I stopped them.

"There's no need to argue. All of you are right and have valid points. I was leaving holes in my story, I was misleading, and in general nobody should snoop into other peoples business," I calmly spoke and gestured to them separately.

They simmered down a bit but they still looked at each other with disdain.

I sighed.

"Now that you know, you also know not to tell anyone. And I am trusting that you won't because I know you won't. If I didn't trust you, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. You probably would've been threatened to keep your mouth shut by my family," I emphasized and reminded them of my future vision capabilities.

At this, Bakugo and Todoroki stopped glaring at Hitoshi and gave me a confused look. Then within a few seconds my words seemed to register in their minds.

"So your saying if we had intentions of telling anyone you would have told your family from the moment we confronted you. . ." Todoroki muttered as he held his chin in deep thought.

"Which means you haven't told your family that we discovered the truth about your quirk," Bakugo finished.

I gave a nod.

"Correct. I'm actually supposed to tell them if anyone finds out or is close to finding out, so me not telling them is a big deal. I trust you guys that much," I closed my eyes and smiled.

When I opened my eyes, Bakugo and Todoroki wore slightly shocked expressions now that they understood how significant this meant. They also understood why Hitoshi was acting defensive. . . But Bakugo decided to make fun of him.

"No wonder your so ticked off. Your jealous she trusts us," he turned to him and spoke in a cocky manner.

"I'm not jealous of you two asshat's," he countered with a scowl. "I'm concerned you'll slip up and say something. . . And I'll be damned to allow you two idiots to jeopardize my best friends safety," he added in a deathly warning tone.

Bakugo took the hint and waved him off dismissively before saying, "You don't have to worry about me slipping up. I know how to keep my mouth shut. It's this one you should be concerned about," he jabbed a thumb in Todoroki's direction.

Hitoshi then directed his gaze to Todoroki, who was silently standing by, and the fiery-frigid boy gave a reassuring look.

"I won't say a word."

With their affirmations, Hitoshi looked satisfied and returned a curt nod. He then looked to me for reassurance and I gave a small thumbs up.

"Well, now that that's settled, let's head to class. The first bell is about to ring right about. . . Now," I flourished my finger in the air the moment it rang.

Hitoshi rolled his eyes playfully at my action while Bakugo and Todoroki looked impassive. Then without another word, we headed to class. Just as we were about to enter, I remembered to save Bakugo from embarrassment and quickly pulled him aside as Hitoshi and Todoroki walked ahead. Then without warning I ruffled his hair.

"What the hell-"

I didn't say anything and continued to roughly comb my fingers through his smoothed down hair until it returned to his explosive spikes. I don't know how but it worked. Then as soon as I was done, I let go and motioned him inside the room. He gave me a strange look and I offered a smile.

"I thought I'd save you from Kirishima and Sero's teasing," I whispered.

The blond shot me a confused glare until we got inside. Kirishima and Sero greeted us just as I foresaw, causing him to send me an "oh I see" look. We barely made it three steps inside when they crowded in front of us to bombard us with questions about Stain. And off to our left Todoroki, Iida, and Tokoyami were surrounded by the others and hounded with similar questions. Since Midoriya's involvement was kept secret he was fortunately safe from the spotlight.

"Hey guys! We heard what happened on the news! You were all there in Hosu, right?" Kirishima questioned.

"Yeah, I can't believe you saw those monster dudes from the League of Villains! That must've been crazy to experience for your internships!" Sero added.

"And you can't forget about how Hawks captured Stain! It's insane all of this happened in the same night," Kirishima nudged Sero before turning to us again.

Bakugo and I shared a quick glance at each other.

"Yeah, it was crazy. Now move, I'd like to get to my desk," Bakugo retorted plainly before shoving Kirishima aside.

"Woah, come on dude we want details!" Kirishima, immune to his rudeness, scurried after him.

"I thought he would've blown us up for asking. How did you tame him Otani-chan?" Sero chuckled.

"What? I didn't tame him," I laughed it off.

"Whatever you say. . . But just know that since you fought him in the Sports Festival he's completely simmered down, and everyone's noticed!" He countered with a wide grin.

I started wandering towards my desk in the middle of our conversation and Hitoshi silently observed from his seat in front of me. The rest of the class were going over their internships. I briefly heard Ochaco saying her internship was enlightening then Denki and Mineta saying women were demons who wore pretty faces. I think Mount Lady put him in his place.

"I don't see how me fighting him and his sudden change in behavior correlates but okay," I played dumb and smiled. "Weren't you asking about our internships?" I flipped the topic.

"Oh yeah! So how was it? Did you get to see those Nomu up close? Or Stain?" He asked, and I thanked the heavens mostly everyone has short attention spans.

His questions suddenly gained the entire class' attention. Namely Midoriya, Iida, Tokoyami, Bakugo, and Todoroki.

I had expected this sudden spotlight, so I briefly told them the fabricated story. The class was in silence by the time I finished. Then Denki broke it.

"Woah, that's intense. . . My internship was pretty boring!" He started in a quiet voice before switching to his joking-whining manner.

"Can't you read a room?" Jiro scolded him and used her ear jacks to flick his forehead.

"Ah!"

"Yes, it certainly was an intense and interesting learning experience. The Pros handled everything and we assisted where we could. . . Working up close like Mr. Aizawa said has definitely taught me what being a Hero is all about," Iida spoke firmly and fixed his glasses on his nose.

"Well said. This internship experience has taught us a lot," Tokoyami supplied.

"Agreed," Todoroki hummed.

"And what about you Bakugo? Any comments?" Mina suddenly asked with a smile.

"What do you mean? We showed up, helped evacuate, contained the crowds, then left. What else is there to say?" He grumbled from his spot without bothering to turn around.

"How can you make something as crazy as your guys internships sound so normal?" She retorted with an exasperated sigh.

"Like how Tsu literally glazed over the fact she fought drug smugglers?" Hagakure added.

"You fought drug smugglers?!" Jiro, Mina, and Momo said in unison.

"Yes, ribbit," she stated nonchalantly.

After that the girls swarmed her for details along with some of the guys. The room felt like its typical chaotic atmosphere and I smiled while taking my seat. Hitoshi turned in his seat so we could kill time chatting, but just as he was about to talk the familiar sound of the door sliding open grabbed everyone's attention. And in a second the class was settled in their seats.

Mr. Aizawa entered the room and greeted us groggily like he usually did. He kept his announcements brief and commended us for doing well at our internships. Then he mentioned exams and our progress; specifically how we needed to start studying this week and training more.

After his rundown, we were dismissed and the day was like any other until Hero 101 with All Might. We were to show off our progress by racing in a new training area called Gamma. The first group went up and everyone assumed Midoriya would come in last. But they were sorely mistaken when he revealed the training Gran Torino gave him by jumping and flying through the air. Unfortunately though, he misplaced a step at the last minute and lost.

When it came to Hitoshi and I to show off in our group, he used his scarf to swing gracefully across the course while I had to rely on hopping and vaulting through the place like a gymnast. Unfortunately, I came last but All Might assured me that he noticed I moved a lot faster compared to other training classes and told me to keep up the good work.

Then as everyone started walking away, he told me in a hushed voice to meet him in his office after school. He quickly added that Nighteye would be present and Midoriya too, but I couldn't bring Hitoshi along.

This definitely didn't happen in my first month vision and it worried me.

As we were in the changing rooms, I was running possible reasons why the four of us would have a meeting.

Maybe since Nighteye doesn't have his teaching license anymore we'll discuss new training times? I thought while mindlessly changing.

"Hey Otani-chan?"

Oh or maybe we'll talk about our upcoming exams, I pondered some more.

"Otani-chan?"

Or maybe-

"Hello!? Earth to Rini!" Mina suddenly shook me back and forth.

"Ah?! Oh, I'm so sorry what were you saying?" I quickly apologized while getting the last of my gear off. All that was left was my bodysuit.

"We were discussing our hang out day!" Hagakure waved her gloved hands around.

"We felt like this weekend would be best to do it since next week we have to study for exams," Momo added.

"Does that work for you?" Ochaco asked.

"We all agreed it was a good time, except for you. You were too deep in thought, ribbit," Tsu explained.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Yes that works for me too. I'll be sure to-"

I cut myself off when I recalled what Mineta would do. Before the little pervert could see anything, Jiro heard his intentions and sent one of her jacks through the little hole. On the other side, we heard the grape squeal "my eye!" and since I still had my costume on, I decided to walk over.

"Woah, where are you-"

"Be right back," I replied curtly.

I walked out of the changing room before anyone could stop me and went next door. I knocked twice on the boys door and heard the instant silence on the other side before it slowly opened to reveal Hitoshi. He then stepped aside so I could see the grape writhing on the floor holding his eye.

"We told him not to do it but he didn't listen," Hitoshi grumbled while glaring at the grape.

"Uh huh."

All the boys then spoke up frantically with slightly rosy cheeks.

"We would never-!"

"It was all Mineta's doing-"

"We had no part-"

"Take your wrath out on him!"

"Spare us!"

Suddenly, Mineta was being offered like a sacrifice by Denki and Sero - taped up from head to toe with only space for his eyes and nose - and I stared down at him with my arms crossed. He wiggled back and forth with both eyes squeezed shut.

"Its not my wrath you should be afraid of. Its Mr. Aizawa's."

.

.

.

\\ 3rd Person POV //
\\ All Mights Office //

.

.

.

After the changing room incident, Mr. Aizawa was informed and he instantly dealt with Mineta. The boy seemed to learn his lesson judging by the fear in his eyes. And the hole was filled in by Cementos and that was the end of that.

When classes were over, Izuku and Rini gathered their things and went straight to All Mights office. Once the two teens entered All Mights office, they instantly felt the change in atmosphere. Both All Might and Sir Nighteye sat on the couch with sullen expressions on their faces. Izuku and Rini shared brief glances before greeting and sitting across from them.

The conversation kicked off after brief pleasantries were shared.

"Before we get started, I wanted to ask you Rini, have you used your quirk recently?" Sir Nighteye asked and hinted to her refreshing the month.

Rini glanced at Izuku before looking back at her mentor.

"No. . . But I had intentions of doing so later this evening. . ." She trailed in mild confusion.

"I had a feeling you'd say that judging by your expression," he replied quietly. He then looked at Izuku and sighed, "I think its time."

The perceptive girl understood right away where the discussion was headed with those four words.

Rini glanced between her mentor and All Might and saw how serious they were in their expressions. She figured Sir Nighteye knew what he was doing and revealing her quirk to Izuku was extremely important to this discussion, but she couldn't help but feel concerned.

"Is something wrong. . ? Why would I have to tell him. . ." She trailed while glancing at the green haired boy. She quickly sent him an apologetic smile and added, "I mean, I trust him but still. . . Something serious must have come up for you to ask me to do this."

"Tell me what. . ? What do you mean Otani-chan?" Izuku mumbled hesitantly.

Rini glanced back at him and then at the adults.

I didn't think I'd have to tell him so soon, she thought as she fiddled with her thumbs before letting out a breath.

"My quirk isn't Anticipation. It's Future Vision and I can change the future. That's how I was able to help you control your quirk; I simply looked ahead to see what worked for you to improve faster. And before you ask, yes I helped with the USJ incident, and I helped with the Hero Killer and Nomus in Hosu. I tell Nighteye and he tells the right people to prevent things from happening."

Izuku's jaw dropped and he turned into a mumbling mess. Rini and the adults in the room could barely make out what the boy was saying. Things like "wow that makes a lot more sense now" and "future vision is amongst the rarest quirks in the world that only makes up 0.00000002% of the population according to statistics" before All Might snapped him out of his mumbling.

Rini didn't want to know how he knew the exact statistics.

"Oh, s-sorry!" He quickly apologized. "I just can't believe it- I mean I kind of suspected- but I never thought you actually had Future Vision. I have so many questions-"

"Your fine. And don't worry, I'll tell you more about it later. For now, let's hear them out," she smiled and pat his head to stop his mumbling.

"Right," he nodded.

"Thank you. . . Now, All Might and I spoke and we believe it's time we told you both about a threat. . . Recovery Girl, Nezu, Detective Tsukauichi and Gran Torino know of this man but the general public do not. . ." Sir Nighteye wasted no time and began in a serious tone.

He then turned to All Might and the muscled man let out one final sigh before speaking.

"I had intentions of telling Midoriya this alone, but after the events in Hosu, I had to tell you and Nighteye. . . Or rather warn," the Hero said in a grave tone.

"Warn. . ?" Rini muttered.

All Might stared at the pink haired girl and saw the genuine concern and fear behind her eyes.

"What do you mean All Might?" Midoriya asked next, showing the same look in his eyes.

The number one Hero felt terrible for planting fear in their minds. He held himself accountable and wished over and over if only he had finished off All For One years ago then this wouldn't be necessary. The world would be safe without that monster in it. . . but unfortunately this was the way fate made it out to be. And all he could do now was warn them. It had to be done.

"I need to warn you about a man known as All For One."

The name echoed in Rini and Izuku's mind. They equally felt a slight chill run down their spines.

"The reason I wanted to tell you both is because. . ." All Might began again, but then he trailed off in silence.

The man recalled the conversation he had with Sir Nighteye prior to inviting the teens to the office:

"I trust and love Rini like a daughter. . . But Nezu and I have had many discussions over her quirk and we are a bit concerned. . . She has future vision, but we suspect it goes beyond that. . . She might have the ability to time travel."

"Time travel?! That'd be a first! Why would you be concerned about that?"

"Its not. . . We don't mean to think pessimistically. . . But we fear if she has this ability then whose to stop her from abusing it later down the road? Imagine the knowledge and tactical advantage she would have over anyone and everyone with such a power. We are only human, so whose to say she won't change. . . Whose to say she won't. . ." Nighteye trailed, not wanting to finish that thought.

All Might stared at his best friend in befuddlement. He wondered how could he have such little faith in his own apprentice.

"You shouldn't think like that. She is an exceptional young lady with the heart of a Hero. I don't doubt for a second she'd ever turn to a life of villainy."

Nighteye sighed and looked down at the ground.

"I really don't want to think like that. I really don't. But we have to stop and think about the repercussions if for any reason we are faced with that reality some day. . . That's why it's probably best not to tell her about One For All."

All Might thought back to that final statement in their conversation and looked at the perceptive girl across from him. He hated the idea of lying to the girl, but the more he thought of Nighteye's words the more he thought it was necessary.

". . . I have to warn you about him because he has the ability to steal quirks."

All Might told the tale about the man with all the power but left out the creation of One For All. How All For One could steal and give quirks which led to him gaining control over the masses. How All For One gained a quirk that granted him slow aging and thus gave him the ability to continue his terror over mankind. How he fought the man and thought he defeated him, but it's highly possible he's back and supporting the League of Villains.

By the end of it, Rini and Izuku understood the danger that threatened them.

All For One could steal either of their quirks and gain unstoppable power.

"I. . . I don't understand. . ." Was all Rini could muster.

She understood. She really did. But what she didn't understand was why didn't the general public know about the dangerous man? How could someone so evil not be a known part of history? What chance did they stand if he roamed the earth? And why did she have to tell Izuku about her quirk so early in the game? What relevance did that serve to this discussion?

"We know this is a lot to process. However, we needed to tell both of you because as you can imagine this man seeks power. And you two, as you've seen by training alongside each other, have power. With Future Vision comes the power to predict your opponents every move and change things to your favor, and with Super Strength he physically would have enough power to cut his enemies down. He might target either of you now. . . or in the future," Nighteye warily explained but lied about One For All.

"We don't know for sure if or when All For One will reveal himself and strike. But as you can imagine, I wanted to tell you, Rini, since you have the power to warn us in advance IF you ever see or hear any mention of him. And if you do, let us know immediately," All Might added.

Rini and Izuku stared at their laps for a brief moment to soak in all that's been said. Suddenly Rini clenched her fists and whipped her gaze onto the two adults.

"I can look ahead! I can look right now!"

Nighteye and All Might snapped to attention at her offer. But before either of them could respond, she continued.

"If this man is as dangerous as you say he is, I can look a whole year into the future if you need me to-"

"No. That won't be necessary. We already have an investigation underway," Nighteye sternly cut her off.

He knew she'd react like this and he didn't want her to suffer from overusing her quirk and falling into a coma. That, and he didn't want the poor girl witnessing something she shouldn't in the future.

But Rini was determined.

"Let me help! I can help! I can give you the exact day, time, and circumstances to stop this man-"

"I said NO Rini!"

Silence.

A tense silence hung in the air after Nighteye's outburst. All Might and Izuku averted their gaze from the other two sitting beside them. This was something between them.

Rini's lavender eyes went wide in shock at his volume. For the first time in all the years that she's known her mentor, he never raised his voice. Yet here he was reprimanding her idea to help stop the most threat worthy man in history.

Nighteye on the other hand, felt immediate guilt. The man let out a remorseful sigh and removed his glasses to rub his eyes. He then met her gaze with sorrowful yellow orbs.

"I am so sorry for raising my voice. . . But please understand that I don't want you anywhere near this man, even through your future vision. Trust us to find him through our investigations and we will handle him; All Might, myself, the other Heroes, and the authorities. I know firsthand how-"

Nighteye stopped himself on that last part when he noticed Rini's concerned look. He looked down and closed his eyes, a subtle expression of pain etched in his features.

I know firsthand how that man can shake you to your very core, destroy peoples lives, and kill any form of hope, he thought bitterly.

All Might noticed his friends demeanor and decided to intervene.

"As Nighteye was saying, please trust that we will take care of this man. We know that you want to help, but please have faith in our investigation. We intended to have this meeting so you had a heads up in case you did come across any information about him using your future vision. It wasn't our intention to have you assist."

Rini furrowed her brows.

What is the point of telling me about this dangerous man if I'm not allowed to help stop him?! My quirk can at least help speed up the investigation! She thought bitterly.

"Rini," Nighteye called upon seeing the conflicted expression on her face.

The teen clenched her fists that were resting on her lap and averted her gaze to the floor.

"Please look at me."

Rini let out a breath and looked at him, her gaze holding frustration.

"Please promise me you won't try to seek this man out with your quirk behind our backs. Please promise me that." Nighteye pleaded.

Rini suddenly felt all her frustrations dissipate. She understood how serious and concerned her mentor was now after his plea. Her hands relaxed from their vice grip and she met his gaze with apologetic eyes.

Every bone in her body was screaming at her that something wasn't right.

That she should look a month ahead, two months ahead, three months ahead.

But she didn't want to upset her mentor.

She didn't want to worry him.

So with a heavy sigh, she muttered:

"I promise."

And this was Rini's second warning that turned out to be the greatest mistake of her life.

.

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 885 18
❝ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴜꜱᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴋɪᴅ!❞ ❝ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ...❞ You are 𝐘/𝐧 𝐋/𝐧. She is a quiet girl who was homeschooled, abused, and i...
46.5K 1.5K 24
A girl getting sent back in time? Sure, it's happened, but did she have a robot that knew everything that happened in the next 129 years? (Y/n) was w...
22.5K 990 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
4.4K 66 23
Sawamura Kimiko is joining UA's Class 1-A on a personal recommendation from a pro-hero. Her dark past and unusual quirk draw the attention of many, b...