[𝟐] 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙣- 𝘬𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘴...

By dizzyluna

𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 [𝘬𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘹 𝘰𝘤] [𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘵𝘸𝘰] [... More

𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙙𝙪𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣
𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙠
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳
𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘯
𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘴
𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦
𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴
𝘢𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘪, 𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘶𝘨𝘦
𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦
𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺
𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺
𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘦
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴
𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩
𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘯
𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘰𝘵
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴

𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦

3K 103 14
By dizzyluna

ONE THING I LEARNED VERY QUICKLY ABOUT LIVING UNDER THE SAME ROOF AS KLAUS AND HIS SIBLINGS, IS IT'S NEVER A DULL DAY. Rebekah and Klaus have already started to bicker and it's not even ten in the morning. 

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." Rebekah huffed. 

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child." Klaus said back with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my head. 

"Aw, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duty towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." Rebekah replied sarcastically. I chuckled at that one. 

Hayley came walking in with a book in her hands. "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." 

"Well, that depends on what plan you mean, love. My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world." Klaus taunted. Can he be serious? Ever? 

Rebekah smiled and threw the end of a paintbrush at him. He caught it, of course.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know- the good brother, the one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?" Hayley spoke. 

"In the front, if we're being specific." Klaus added. I think today might be the day I kill him. 

"You two said that you would get him back, so is there a plan, or what?" Hayley asked. Her and Elijah bonded quite a bit in the short amount of time that they met. 

Klaus sighed. "Okay, well firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly, sister, please." Klaus gestured to Rebekah. 

"And thirdly, the plan is for Niklaus to simply asked Marcel for Elijah back." She revealed. 

Hayley looked horrified. "That's the whole plan?" 

I chuckled. "Oh, please. Nik may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical." 

"That's only plan A, love. There's always a plan B." 

"And what's plan B?" Hayley asked, dreading the answer. 

"War." Klaus smiled. 

Hayley huffed. 

I looked to Klaus. "Your job is to find more out about that witch." 

He smirked. "I love when you're bossy." 

I rolled my eyes at him. He is impossible. 

"I can do a deep dive. Maybe talk to my ancestors and see what I can find out. My mother supposedly is crawling around New Orleans somewhere but I'd rather not go through her." I said. 

"No need, darling. I'll see what I can find out. You may find it faster, though." Klaus replied. I nodded.

"But first you're coming with me to talk to witch bitch. You know, the one you're linked, too." Rebekah spoke. 

I huffed. "I don't like her." 

"Yeah, well, neither do I. Which is why you're coming with me." Rebekah said abd grabbed my hand. "Let's go." 

I sighed and just let her drag me up. 

We met Sophie in front of the witch shop in the Quarter. She was late. 

"Oh, so glad you could make it. Elijah only lies daggered and rotting whilst you dillydally." Rebekah muttered. 

"You're lucky I came at all. What do you want?" Sophie asked. 

"Hayley was attacked last night by Marcel's crew because somebody told them there that was a werewolf in the Quarter.  She only made one stop. Whoever saw her here ratted her out." I explained. 

Rebekah smirked and went into the shop. "Watch and learn." 

We followed behind her to see one other girl in there. 

"Hey, Soph." She smiled. 

"Hey, Katie." Sophie replied. 

Rebekah went to a display of necklaces. She looked at one in particular. 

"That's filled with marigold, great for attracting the opposite sex. It would look awesome on you." Katie smiled at her. 

"I very seriously doubt that. Do you have any others, one with, say, I don't know, wolfsbane, perhaps?" Rebekah challenged. 

"Wolfsbane? Why would you want that?" Katie asked, not making eye contact.

Rebekah rushed to Katie and put her in a choke hold. "Please do not play dumb with me." She then slammed her into the table. 

"Rebekah!" Sophie exclaimed. 

I held up my hand to her. "Shh. She's working." 

"I just sold a werewolf some herbs. That's all." Katie strained. 

"Are you lying to me, Katie?" Rebekah asked. 

"I suggest you answer her honestly." I piped up. 

"Yes. I told someone. But you don't understand. I-I love him." Katie croaked. 

Rebekah threw her on to the floor. When Katie was on the ground, she walked over and placed the tip of her heel on her neck. "Then tell me, who is this vampire Romeo of yours?"

"T-Thierry." She croaked out. 

"See? That wasn't so hard." I spoke as Rebekah moved her heel. 

I went outside to call Nik. He's going to love this. "Well?" He answered. 

"You were right about the traitor. Luckily, she's just a kid and she doesn't know anything about us and what we're up to. Do you want to hear the part that's gonna please you the most?" I asked. 

"Oh, do tell, darling." 

"She's in love with someone in Marcel's inner circle. Guess who it is." 

I could almost hear his smile. "Right hand man type, favors silly caps?" 

"Two points for you. Thierry is fraternizing with the enemy." 

"Well, that means he just unwittingly became the key to our entire plan." 

"I told you you'd be pleased." 

"Oh, to be young and in love in the city where witches and vampires are at war. How very tragic." Klaus went on. 

"I hope you don't say the same thing about us." I huffed. 

"Never about you, love. We're the lucky ones." He let out before hanging up. 

Knowing what we know, we now can come up with a solid plan. Marcel is hosting this charity dance tonight and I have to attend with Klaus. We need to get Sophie on board with a plan. That was the hard part. 

"Are you out of your mind? No way." Sophie told us. 

"It's very simple. We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find Elijah. I would do it, but I will be at this stupid dance tonight." I told her. 

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and they get killed." Sophie replied. 

"No one is going to kill you if I have anything to say about it. I am a very powerful witch, and I can even make an original suffer. Ask him." I told her and looked up at Klaus. 

"It's true." He nodded. I smiled. "Anyway, you seemed to have left out a crucial detail when we made our deal- Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic." 

Rebekah held up her hand. "Girl about yay high, cute as a button, anger issues." 

Sophie looked like she'd seen a ghost. "Davina? Where have you seen her?" 

"I don't know. The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind." Rebekah huffed. 

"Let me cut to the chase, Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic. Now, this lovely lady is off the clock tonight, so that leaves you." Klaus said as he looked to me and then Sophie. 

"Davina would sense it." Sophie shook her head. 

"Unless, of course, another witch- say a traitor to the cause- Katie, for example- was to perform  much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen concealing your very small spell from Davina." I explained. She almost got me, my child, and Hayley killed. And Sophie too, because we're all linked like one big happy family. 

Sophie shook her head. "Katie doesn't deserve to die." 

Klaus hit the table and walked to sit in front of Sophie. "Sophie Devereaux, you're in no position to be so principles. You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister executed in the very public square for practicing magic- who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?" 

"She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi." Sophie let out. 

"And who, pray tell, of Marcel's valued inner circle manages his business at the docks?" Klaus questioned. 

"Katie's boyfriend Thierry." Sophie let out, defeated. 

Rebekah was doing another part to her plan while Klaus and I added a little flair to ours. He sat in the chair while I stood with my hands draped along his shoulders. She called us from the bar. 

"Little sister." Klaus answered. 

"Well, brother, I believe I've made certain Marcel will be properly distracted tonight." She replied. 

"Dare I ask?" 

"Let's just say his attention will not be on us. I did my bit. What are you doing to ensure Elijah's safe return?" 

"Currently, we're preparing insurance against the tender-hearted." I answered. 

"Meaning?" 

"We need proper motivation for Katie to cast a powerful spell tonight. We're creating that motivation." I answered simply. 

"Marcel has ordered a rousting of the witches. I, in turn, have arranged for things to go tragically wrong. Marcel may not be concerned with Thierry's romantic entanglements but there are other crimes which he'll be less inclined to so easily forgive. Killing a vampire, for example. That would be unforgivable. If Katie hopes to save her one true love from Marcel's punishment, well, a rescue mission like that will require something positively magical, but then...what's worth dying for if not love?"

"You are evil. I love it." Rebekah replied and hung up. 

When he finished sealing the envelope of a spell to make daylight rings to plant in Katie's apartment, he set it down and rubbed his hands up and down my arms. 

"Ugh, do we have to go? I just want to stay here...with you." I let out and started to kiss his cheek. 

"You make a tempting bargain." He said as he turned his head to face me. He rested a kiss on my lips. "But I will take any excuse to see you all dressed up. We can have our fun later." 

I pressed one more kiss to his lips before walking off to get ready. 

Klaus, Rebekah and I walked into the gala, my arm wrapped around his. It's so odd that we can do this publicly here. I like it. 

I do have to say, Marcel is putting on a show. This gala is filled with lots to look at. 

"This certainly is a fitting backdrop for tonight's events, I must say." Klaus let out. I chuckled.

Rebekah and I turned our eyes to the woman walking in. The blonde bartender Marcel had eyes for. I have to say, I feel bad she's in this mess. Hell, she doesn't even know.

"Poor girl." I let out. 

"Well, what better way to distract Marcel than to put his very human new girl in a room chock full of vampires?" Rebekah spoke. She then took my free hand. "Come on. I'm going to introduce you to her." 

She brought me over to her. "Hello, darling. You look precious. I wanted to introduce you to someone. This is August, Klaus, my brother's, girl." 

I held out my hand for her. She kindly accepted and smiled. "I'm Cami." 

"It's nice to meet you." I smiled back. She's cute and sweet. I hope she runs for the hills. 

"This party is ridiculous." Cami chuckled. 

I nodded and looked around. "I've never been to anything like it, myself." 

Seconds later, Klaus was behind me again. He set his hands on my waist. 

Cami chuckled. "By the looks of it, I didn't know he could be so...loving." She doesn't know the half of it.

"Only with her." Klaus replied with a nod.

The music changed and couples were drawn out to the floor. 

"Come on, darling. Let's dance." Klaus whispered. 

I nodded and looked to Cami. "It was great to meet you." 

"You, too." She smiled. 

Klaus led me to the dance floor and spun me to face him. He looked me up and down. "I just can't get over how beautiful you look, love." 

I took him in. He looks amazing in his suit. "Me? Look at you." 

"I never really did thank you...for sticking by me. No one really has." He spoke sincerely. 

"Well, I came to you when I was at my lowest. I never thanked you for that." 

"Have you thought about going home? Making amends?" He asked me. 

I have thought about it. I just don't know if I want to. 

"I thought about it. But, I don't know if I'm ready for that. I thought about going home to tell them about the baby. I'd rather they hear it from me." I replied. 

He nodded. "You should. Tell them, I mean." 

I nodded. I don't know. It's all too weird of a situation.

Klaus and I both looked to see one of Marcel's vampires come in to tell him something. 

"It's show time." Klaus smiled. 

We looked to see Thierry in the hallway. Marcel went charging out and put him in a choke hold before moving to a different room. Klaus' smirk grew bigger by the second.

We watched them take Thierry out and everyone followed. Go time, Katie. Klaus and I watched from the balcony as Katie went to attack all the vampires. Marcel kept getting up but Katie put him down over and over again. 

Whoever this Davina is, she's powerful enough to protect Marcel from this magic. I do have to say, I'm impressed.

I looked at Klaus and nodded. With that, he ran out and 'saved' Marcel as Katie was about to stake him. Klaus snapped her neck.

It was time for me to go home while Klaus consoled Marcel.

Klaus walked into our bedroom with a grim look on his face. 

"What's the matter?" I asked him. 

"We need to talk." He let out. That's not good. 

"What's wrong?" I asked again. 

He sat on the bed in front of me. "Since I saved Marcel's life tonight, he let me in on a little secret. You know how Rebekah mentioned that the power Davina held is similar to yours?" 

"Yeah?" I nodded. 

He sighed. "It's because she's your sister." 

I looked at him with wide eyes. There's no way. "W-What?" 

"He said he knew the minute you rolled into town. That vision you had about the girl in the attic, it's her. It's your sister. She was born four years after you. It's way Marcel was looking at you oddly in the diner." 

Now, I'm mad. "He knew and didn't feel the need to tell anyone? Does Davina know?" 

He shook his head. "Davina knows she has an older sister named Augustine. She's heard rumors of you being this powerful witch but she doesn't know you're in New Orleans. Marcel hasn't told her." 

"And he uses her as a weapon? God, what is she? 16?" I shook my head. I hate Marcel more and more every day. "I need to find her. I need to meet her." 

He nodded. "We'll find her. I promise you."

I can't believe it. I can't believe I have another sister. 

I went to the bathroom and saw Hayley still up. She called me and Klaus into her room. 

"I found something out today about the baby. I think it's a girl." She revealed. 

I smiled at her and looked to Klaus. He was also smiling. I always said if I ever had a kid, I'd want it to be a girl. 

My life is just one big rollercoaster. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 9.6K 55
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦. [𝘬𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘹 𝘰𝘤] [𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘳...
22.2K 886 15
𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧...
97K 2.3K 33
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 ── ❝𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘔𝘴. 𝘈𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦�...
2.5K 70 5
'𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐦𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐦𝐲...