𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘 & 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘺 (...

By Themanofculture

In the beginning, things were Balanced, as all things should be. However, for reasons unknown, the embodiment... More

BIO
Prologue- A witches gift
1.0- From Zero
1.1- Bowel Hunter
1.2- Breakdown of the cycle
2.0- The Happy Roswaal Mansion Family
2.1- The Sound Of Chains
2.2- REstart
2.3- The Meaning of Courage
2.4- Rem
2.4.1- Memory Snow
3.0- Return to the Capital
3.1- The Self Proclaimed Knight
3.2- The Crimson Sea
3.3- The Sickness Called Despair
3.4- The Outside of Madness
3.5- The Greed of a Pig
3.6- Restart Commence: From Zero
3.7- A Mothers Love
3.8- Battle Against the White Whale
3.9- A Flash of Sloth
3.10- Nefarious Sloth
3.11- The Traveller, Self-Proclaimed Knight & Greatest Knight
4.0- A Chance Encounter With the Witch
4.1- A Tea Party With the Witch
4.3- The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt II
4.4- The HSIℲ˥ƎS Wielder of Flames: Prt III
A Valentines "Short"
Q
A
4.5- Who am I?
4.6- Childhood's End
Another Q
Another A

4.2- The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt I

1.4K 71 257
By Themanofculture

(Y/N): Your name

No last name...

(L/N): Last name (False)

Race: Dragonoid(?)/God

Element(s): ???/Arcane/Chaos/Yin

Age: ??? (18 Physically)

Normal Speech: Like this

Thoughts: *Like this*

Actions I can't be bothered to narrate: *Like this*

Whispers/Mutters: Like this

Shouting/Serious tone: Like this

Telepathy/Phone calls: <Like this>

——————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

???: Kolzreid-sama... It's time to wake up.

That maid... Said... Kolzreid... My previous name... And I realised that she wasn't speaking in Japanese...

So that means... This place... And that boy on the bed...

???: *Sighs*...

She just stared at him for a few moments before raising her hand.

She then pulled the cover and then she-

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHHHHH!!!!"

She yanked on his tail... Real hard... So hard he screamed bloody murder...

I felt that pain just by watching...

Though... These are my memories I believe... So I should remember this... But even though I'm seeing it... My mind is drawing blanks...

The other me... Or I guess I should say Younger me sat up with a deadpan...

Kolzreid: Mmm... Alina... You asshole... The hell was that for?

Alina: Forgive my impertinence, but you have been sleeping for far too long. You were supposed to have woken up forty minutes ago.

Kolzreid: I'm not a morning person...

Hm... That trait definitely stuck with me...

Alina: Breakfast will be ready soon, you need to get yourself ready. If I were you I would spend this time with your mother.

Kolzreid:... Yeah yeah...

After that, he stretched and then put on a shirt, he opened the door and then left, the maid, Alina, followed him out.

I sighed to myself... Just what the hell is this?...

I follow them out the door and close it behind me. And then I'm surprised-

Echidna: Hmmm, to be honest, I expected more from your home planet after seeing your memories. This place is very lacklustre... Then again... This is more than 5,000 years before you left this world...

I spin around and see that witch smirking at me.

(Y/N): Echidna?! The hell- Wait... Is this the castle of dreams? Why the hell am I seeing the memories that I have forgotten...?!

Echidna: No... This is not the castle of dreams.

I was puzzled by this.

(Y/N): What do you mean...?

Echidna:... Hmm... I could tell you...

...

...

I didn't like the smile on her face... At all...

Echidna: But I've decided to keep that to myself for now~

(Y/N): 🗿 Oi... I don't like that look on your face, tell me what's going on?

Echidna: I don't think I will... I must have some form of payback for your consistent bullying.

(Y/N): Oooh I see how it is. 🗿🗿

Echidna: Good... Now, I do believe there are a lot of things you need to see.

I deadpan and sigh... I wasn't interested before... But now that I'm here...

(Y/N): Whatever...

I walk forward past the Witch and she follows behind me. Let's see what this is all about...

——————————————

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘 & Harmony

——————————————

I followed him into the bathroom. He was just in there washing his face, after a few seconds he looked up and stared at his reflection for a few moments in a mirror located in front of him.

Then I notice him look up at me while staring into the mirror...

(Y/N): ⁉️ Uh...

He then took a cloth and wiped something on the mirror... Oh... And after brushing up he left.

Echidna: Are you surprised? Neither of us can interact with anything here. Put quite simply, they are shadows of what has been.

(Y/N): Hm... I don't have the full picture... But I know you're behind this... What good does showing me all this do? I'm pretty sure I already expressed my disinterest in my past...

Echidna: And why is that?

(Y/N): Why?... Cause... It's not important... All of this is what... 5,000 years in the past or something? Why should I be concerned with all that...

Echidna: That's what you say. But are you being honest with yourself?

I tilt my head.

(Y/N): What?

Echidna: Hm... Well, In any case, whether you wanted to be here or not, we're already here. So you might as well look around.

Echidna walked off, it seemed as though she knew where she was going, so I followed her...

After walking through a long hallway. We made it into what looked like a dining room... I never questioned it... But this place... Was like a mansion of some sorts... No... Perhaps this was a castle...

After entering the room, we saw him and Alina. There was also another in the room with them.

I recognised her. But only because I subconsciously created a sculpture that looked like her...

When I walked closer, I saw her giving him a hug...

Those icy blue eyes... Honestly... When I gazed into them I did feel something akin to... Familiarity... But that was all... Nothing more nothing less...

Alina: My queen, I am sure you're already aware. But Kolzreid-sama was oversleeping.

He shot Alina a glare, though she was indifferent. His mother... Who I now know as Morgan looked down at him. Yet instead of admonishing him like I assumed she would do, she just sighed and pat his head.

Morgan:... Kol... You should honestly start waking yourself up on time. Alina isn't going to be around to keep waking you up forever...

Kolzreid: Mmm... I know... I just hate the morning with a passion... I'd wake up on my own if it were after 11...

Alina: That will not do... A prince cannot conduct himself in this manner. Waking up late, not preparing himself properly before a meal. Using profanity-

Kolzreid: Okay Okay I hear you. But uh, surprise, I never asked to be the prince of anything 🗿.

Alina: Regardless, if you don't sort this out here it will only get worse and worse...

I suppose she was right... That never changed. Don't like the mornings...

Unless it was for something like work or something else, I wouldn't wake up until after 1pm...

Morgan: Kol... Go and get yourself ready... You will soon have to leave...

Kolzreid: Alright...

After that, he departed. His maid was more harsh on him than his own mother huh...

I saw that after he left, the small but noticeable smile on his mothers face vanished, her whole expression changed into a lifeless and cold expression. As though the emotions within her had suddenly just left... But that was the last I saw of her for now...

I followed after him, Echidna still not far behind.

——————————————

He was in his room, after a very quick bath. He put his regular clothing and then packed what seemed to be a uniform and started muttering to himself, he had a look of excitement on his face...

Kolzreid: Hm... First attempt at attending a school... There will be actual people to interact with... I'm kinda psyched...

Echidna: You seemed awfully thrilled about leaving this place...

(Y/N): If I understood correctly... He's been here for a long time. Makes sense for him to want to get out... Meet some people, make friends... Nothing particularly special about that, it's quite normal...

Echidna: Hmm... It's a shame that... Well... Hm...

She spoke, but stopped herself as though she was going to say something she wasn't supposed to... I narrow my eyes, but ignore her since I probably won't be able to get anything out of her...

He leaves again. He even has a bag packed, one suited for travel to far away places. I assumed he was going to some sort of school.

I follow him out and watch him eat with his mother. Morgan looked different again. The small smile on her face was there again. She looked to be somewhat enjoying his company. Though if she's his mother I suppose that makes sense.

Morgan: Kol... Have you made sure you haven't forgotten anything?... Toothbrush? Towels? Your-

Kolzreid: I'm fine Mom, I double checked everything. I'm just finally happy to be getting out of this place!...

Morgan: ... The castle... Was there anything wrong with it?

Kolzreid: No... It's fine... It's the only place I'll truly call home.

Morgan: Then... Why?

Kolzreid: I have you... And Alina... And there are a few other staff members... But that's all... I don't have any friends my own age. I'm just excited to get out.

(Y/N): Was he homeschooled or something?

Echidna: Hai... From the moment you were old enough to receive an education, you were taught here.

From the moment he was old enough...

(Y/N): Hm... How long did this woman adopt him is my question... Since apparently he used to be a part of the Apostles of Chaos... Saying "Until he was old enough" makes no sense... Things aren't adding up...

For some reason, Echidna narrowed her eyes slightly after I spoke, but then she blinked and sighed as though it didn't happen...

Morgan:... I suppose... You can't keep children locked up forever... Eventually they will grow up and leave...

Kolzreid: Hm? I still plan to come back for Holidays and stuff... You're acting like I'm planning on moving out forever...

Morgan:... Hm... To me... The time you are gone will feel like an eternity... These halls will once again become silent...

Kolzreid: Hmm... Well... Uh... Please bare with it for a little while... I'll be back soon...

Morgan sighed to herself and looked down, it looked as though she as deep in thought about something.

They continued to eat and talk with each other. I was wondering why I was still here.

I mentioned earlier that I had no interest in seeing whatever he got up to. It's all irrelevant to me since I don't even remember all this. I don't see what the point of all of it is.

I walk away with my hands in my pockets. Echidna was watching me with no visible expression on her face.

——————————————

I'm standing outside the castle with Echidna. He is also here, with Alina and Morgan.

I suppose all I'll have to do is watch his actions and then depart when it's time.

Kolzreid: I'm off, Mom.

Morgan: Yes... Please take care of and enjoy yourself.

Kolzreid: I think I will... Mostly at least...

Morgan: And Alina...

She looked at Alina with a firm gaze. One that did interest me a little.

Alina: Understood, my Queen.

It was probably some command that needs no words to be communicated...

There was a carriage out at the front. Which had a creature at the front... It looked similar to a Ground Dragon from Lugunica and were larger than the average horse, but I already knew what it was.

Echidna: On this world, they are called "Drakes". And they differ greatly from Ground Dragons... Right?

Echidna automatically spoke as though she knew what I was thinking about.

(Y/N): Yes... You're correct... I'm starting to think you've looked through all the memories related to the past.

Echidna: Incorrect. To do that would require more time than a human lives, of course, I am already dead, however I do not feel like spending my time looking into all the early memories of a being that has been around longer than one can comprehend. That said, I have already looked through memories regarding the "incident"...

I raise my brow at her, I don't ask because I'm probably going to find out.

He turns to Morgan, and she gives him a tight hug. They part after a few moments and then he leaves with Alina for the carriage.

And then after he leaves, I notice Morgan's expression turns... Cold.

What she was thinking about, I'm not sure...

Soon after, the carriage took off. I turned to Echidna.

(Y/N): So... How fast can you run?

She stared at me for a few seconds before blinking twice. Then after she smiled and responded.

Echidna: Ah... We won't be needing to do that...

(Y/N): Hm?

The "world" around me began to distort. I couldn't make heads or tails of what was where... But after a few seconds, I was sitting... I was sitting right next to... Him...

I observed my surroundings and realised I was now in the carriage. It had a very intricate design, I'd say befitting of royalty. It reminded me of the time Subaru and I took a ride inside of Priscilla's carriage...

Hm... I wonder what that girls deal is... I understand I'm vastly different from the inhabitants of this world, but I don't think that's really a reason to be obsessed with me... It was really the fact that I was different huh?... I don't understand her at all. And I don't think I want to...

Opposite me was Echidna, and next to her was Alina, she had her eyes closed.

I don't know what time period this was, as I was never actually aware of the proper history of Giltoria...

But it was plain to see that 5,000 years ago. Giltoria was like Earth's medieval period. It took humans about 1,000 years from then, give or take, to enter a modern age filled with technology. And this is 5,000 years in the past.

I lived in the forest with a bunch of Drakes before I met Stacia, so I wasn't aware of what was going on during the current era...

Though I can guess that the technology was as advanced or even more so than Earths...

We passed by several streets, where people were all standing at the sides watching as the carriage went by.

It was silent until he spoke...

Kolzreid:... Hey, Alina... What is it like to go to school?

Alina: Hmm?... What is it like?... Well... It's not easy to describe the experiences. One can have many different opinions regarding school life.

Kolzreid: Why?

Alina: Each and every individual is unique, and to them, school will mean different things...

Kolzreid: I suppose I understand that, but whether it's good or bad, isn't that something that majority should agree on.

Alina:... When it comes to things such as school, it simply wouldn't do to summarise the experience with "It is good" or "It is bad", that kind of answer does not explain anything and would be very dissatisfactory. If you were to ask someone, "What makes school good and what makes school bad?" You would find similarities in the answers you receive, but you would also hear at least one or two answers that are unique to the others.

Kolzreid: 0-0 Hm... So then... You're saying there is no answer?

Alina: There is. But that answer will always depend on the individual. In this case, the memories that people make at school will dictate their response. But all of these memories make up one experience. So a person can only speak for themselves. The question of whether school is "good or bad", that is something only you can decide for yourself after having experiences there.

Kolzreid: Hmmmm?... I see... No wonder you don't seem to have many friends...

She completely lost composure, and so did I...

Alina/(Y/N): Eh?!

Kolzreid: I mean... I don't remember asking for a long ass explanation... Couldn't you have summarised?... Or at the very least just answered the question normally 👁👄👁

Alina: How awfully rude of you, I have f—

Kolzreid: Yes, that's what they all say...

Alina: 💢... It's not as though you have any friends, don't get a big head.

Kolzreid: Indeed, because I've never been given that opportunity because of a certain overprotective and sometimes unbearable mother. But you don't have any excuse ;-;...

Alina's eyebrow twitched. I'm sure she wanted to do something, but then there was also her job to consider and also professionalism and whatnot...

I saw Echidna chuckling to herself. I just sighed and stared out of the window.

But I did think about what Alina said honestly she's right... Not just for school life... But life in general... For a lot of things... It's always about the perception of the individual... Whether something is good or something is bad, that is usually declared by the majority...

Hm...

——————————————

The journey felt as though it had taken hours. Yet it felt like it a boy took a few minutes at the same time.

It was strange.

We arrived at some large building, it was like a hotel... Just... Way more "fancy"... I suppose that is the word.

I got out easily, I didn't even need the door to be opened, I phased right through.

I saw Echidna leaving behind me. I shrugged and held out my hand, seeing this, she smirked.

Echidna: Ara, how kind of you~

(Y/N): Heh... You taking it or not?

Echidna: Hai Hai~

She took my hand and stepped out of the carriage.

A few moments later, a somewhat salty Alina and Kolzreid stepped out and spoke to the person at the reigns. They tugged on them after finishing the conversation and the Drake moved along with the carriage.

Those two soon went inside the building, and so stared up at it.

(Y/N): Echidna...

Echidna: What is it~?

(Y/N): Why am I here?... I highly doubt you went through all of this trouble just so I could learn about Kolzreid's school life... There's a lot more to all this than meets the eye, right?... That's what my intuition is telling me...

Echidna: Hai... You wouldn't be wrong.

(Y/N): Then can't you just fast-forward?... If this is a memory, you should be able to do that, right?... Fast-forward to the "important" parts...

Echidna: I cannot do that...

(Y/N): And why not?

Echidna: That defeats the purpose of all of this. It isn't enough for you to simply know what. What you also need to know... Is why?

(Y/N): *Sighs*... Whatever then...

After that, it was a "normal evening". I only saw a part of it. Nothing of interest happened. He was just preparing for his first day.

——————————————

Fast forward to the day after that. And I was walking with Echidna, following after Alina and Kolzreid.

Many people were watching them, even though he was wearing "inconspicuous" clothes, having a Maid with him made him stand out plenty.

(Y/N):... For some reason, whenever I looked at Alina... Something feels... Off... I can't really describe this feeling... But she's... Not normal...

Echidna: Oya~? And what exactly do you define as "Normal."

(Y/N): Right now, I just mean that she's different to everyone... I don't know how... But I just know...

I see him look back. Why? I wasn't sure. In fact, a minute or so prior, he looked to the right for a few seconds. I didn't pay it any mind as it is natural for one's mind to wander as one walks. However, the way he looked back... Was weird...

I then feel... Off...

My instincts were screaming...

I quickly spin around and saw someone running towards us.

It was so quick. Much quicker than any regular human could be. Then again, they weren't human...

The cloaked person had a fierce expression under their hood. The only thing you could see was their horns from the holes at the top of the hood, their long scaly tail and also wings tucked under the cloak.

The person phased through me, as this was just a memory, and they approached him.

Something told me that it was a thief... And you know... This situation looked familiar...

Their hand was about to reach into his pockets. But then-

*SLICE*

I blinked once, and saw the thief's hand in the air, leaking some blood.

The look in his eyes had changed. It... reminded me of my fight against Garfiel...

Kolzreid: A thief huh?... I guess I expected someone like you to show up eventually.

The thief winces in pain and back flips away. Their hand was very slowly healing.

Alina looked back and placed her hand at the sword sheathed at her waist while narrowing her eyes.

Alina: Kolzreid-sama-

Kolzreid: Don't intervene.

He swiftly responded, Alina sighed and complied, relaxing a little.

I watched as the thief got out a blade, the wind then started to pick up around them.

One second they were there, the next, they were gone.

Or so it seemed, they had just dashed toward him so fast it was almost invisible.

However, he didn't express any emotion.

Just a split second before the thief's blade reached him, he held up his arm and blocked the blade.

*CLANG*

His arm had changed. It was covered in scales, grew in muscle mass and he also had claws at the end of his fingers. The blade the thief had could not penetrate those scales.

After that, he had used his other hand, which had also changed, to grab the thÏ̷̻̦̠̼͓̍͋̆̓́͠eves face. He then slammed it down so hard that it had caused shockwaves that left on the ground.

Around this moment, more and more people had stopped what they were doing and gathered around the area.

Ḣ̴̗̻͈̻̘̞̣̦̅e still displayed no emotion. And he spoke about in a cold tone.

Kolzreid: People like you shouldn't be allowed to live...

It looked as though he was going to kill him...

Right... I recognised those eyes... The switch that was flipped in his brain. Right now he had no problem killing anyone. Be it the innocent, the guilty. The children or the elderly... How do I know?...

I'm not sure when it stĄ̷͎͑̉́̈̍́͝͠͝rted. But I found out about this trick. On some planets, I did have to kill, but I didn't enjoy it. In fact I detested having to do such things. I'd throw up sometimes.

So I decided to get rid of my emotions whenever I had to fight like this. Fights where I had to kill.

Though I didn't do it all the time... Some fights I had no hesitation, either because I didn't truly want to kill them, or because the person in question was that that twisted that I believed death to be the only way... Or perhaps I believed they were "inhumane", just another way of saying they had no conscience...

Regardless... There were many moments I decided to "switch my emotions off"... I just didn't realise T̶̼͆͗̊̐̈hat he was this repulsive, even going back 5,000 years ago...

Alina: Kolzreid-sama...

He looked up at Alina who had given him a firm stare. Afterwards he reluctantly let go of the thief's face and stood upright.

Though before he walked away, a sword materialisE̴̡̘̙͓̫̎͌̔̈͆̚d in the air above him and stabbed the thief right in the arm, making them scream.

???: GARGHH!!

Alina: Kolzreid-sama?!

Kolzreid: Now we can go...

...

Silence ensued.

——————————————

The two walked in silence, with many onlookers eyes still paying attention to the two.

Echidna: Arara, who new you used to have such a murderous streak~

I chose to ignore the witch as I kept walking. The maid spoke next.

Alina: I understand he was a thief, however, I do not think there was any need to go that far.

Kolzreid: It wasn't just because he was a thief... Earlier... I noticed some movement in the alleys. Then I saw it. They killed someone in the ally with magic. Probably because that person refused to hand over whatever was demanded. A life for a life. Isn't that only fair?

Alina: ...Be that as it may... You cannot he seen in public killing a person.

Kolzreid: Hm... Do you think life would be better if people like them didn't exist?

Alina: What kind of question is that?

Kolzreid: It's a simple question.

Alina: Perhaps.

Kolzreid: Perhaps...? Then why did you stop me?

Alina: You cannot go around killing people.

Kolzreid: And why not?

Alina: Who lives and who dies... it is not your decision to make.

Kolzreid: And who's decision would that be?... Yours? Okaa-san's? The Gods?

Alina didn't answer that question. The atmosphere was very tense. Y̵̢͇̦̒͆͘͝et he still had more questions to ask.

Kolzreid: If the Gods are the ones who created us... Then there must be some sort of reason, no?... I was under the impression that it was perhaps live a life of fulfilment and worship toward them. But if that were the case then we wouldn't have been born with these feelings... If not... Then why do we exist?

Echidna: Oya~? I believe you call this, an "existential crisis", do you not?

I stop walking and turn back around and see Echidna's expression, she still had that sly grin on her face... I couldn't tell what she was thinking at all...

I don't know what her goal is, but the more time I spend here, the more I want tO̴͉̬̎̔͛̆͐̑͘̚͜͠  leave.

——————————————

We now stood in front of a large building. It looked like a school. It was the one he went to... or for right now I should say it's the one he's will go to.

We went through the gates. There was a water fountain, a few neatly trimmed bushes, all the stuff yoU̵̞̘͕̪̭̜̭̍̄́'d expect to find at a poshington school for posho's.

The area was empty. Either it was a weekend, which didn't seem likely. Or, we arrived when classes were already in session.

We went into the school and over to some sort of office. Alina spoke to a few staff members, something about registration or some other thing. I didn't really care.

He was introduced to the headmaster of the school. A very "elegant" looking fellow. I suppose that was expected.

The other staff members were a mixture of shocked and timid when realising that he was royalty. Probably scared that a slip up would get them killed.

I can't say if that would or would not happen though.

The headmaster however... Didn't bat an eyelid. His status didn't seem to affect him whatsoever.

Headmaster: Kolzreid-sama... Allow me to introduce someone to you.

He held a hand up to his side and a guy who looked around his age stepped forward with a grin.

???: The names Simon, no need for formalities with me yeah? So you're prince, Kolzreid huh? Nice to meet ya~

He seemed nice enough. He held out his hand, and Kolzreid shook it.

Headmaster: Simon will show you around campus and help you get settled in.

Kolzreid: Nice to meet you...

He responded, and the headmaster spoke to Alina some more about some other stuff.

Simon: You should follow me, I'll help you get accustomed to the layout of the building yeah?

Kolzreid: Right...?

He reluctantly followed after him. Nothing here interested me.

The school had several departments, as expected, physical education, science, math, literacy, what you would expect in a school. Of course, there was also other departments I had no interest in.

The two I was most interested in was the magic and history departments.

He was taken to the corridors with those classrooms, though classes were in session so they didn't go in.

(Y/N): Echidna... Since you've already gone through these, was there anything you considered "interesting" in this school?

Echidna: Everything about this school intrigues me. For it is a world that exist in a different space and time, life forms fundamentally different from humans roam the streets, and there are countless things that I could learn here. Of course, if you're asking me what subject in particular stood out to me?... Well... I'd have to say all of them. You Dragonoids have different takes on so many matters, and I am having quite a bit of fun learning about all of it. But I suppose that doesn't really answer your question now does it? So I will proceed to give you a thoroughly detailed explanation on why- Eh? W-Wait! Don't just walk away from me!! Hold on a second!!

It was a mistake to ask the Witch of Greed that question🗿.

I heard her frantically yelling at me as I continued walking away.

I follow the two as they continue the tour around the school. They had actually been chatting quite a lot. He looked very reclusive at first, but after a few minutes, the cheery P̶̢̠̥̹̤̞̠͓̭̩͒̉͑ersonality of Simon made him more comfortable... I could already tell they were going to be friends...

Simon: When you finally start tomorrow, we'll be in the same class, so if you wait in the reception so I can fetch you.

Kolzreid: Can't you just show me where our class is? and then I'll find my way there...

Simon chuckled.

Simon: Ahhh, you don't wanna do that...

KoL̶̨͈̉̎̔̍͗̒̇͊͒zreid: Why not?

Simon: The students at the school know that the price of the Dragonoids of Giltoria will be attending this school... Everyone knows what the Queen looks like so they all made guesses on what you would look like... They see a white haired blue eyed kid walking around that they've never seen before...

Kolzreid:... I think I get the picture...

Simon: It'll happen regardless whenever someone sees you, whether I'm there or not. But it'll be easier to deal with with someone by your side~

Kolzreid: Alright, thanks...

The two continued walking around. Not keeping track of the time. Eventually, he returned to the reception where Alina was conversing with with the headmaster.

Headmaster: Perfect timing. I assume you are done with the tour?

Simon: Yes, I showed him all the departments. Given enough time he should be familiar with the layout of the school.

Headmaster: Very good. You may hE̷̢͓̞̼̫̹͇̭̳͕̽̄̓͂͊̃̔ad back to your class, Simon.

Simon: Hai, I'll see you later, Kolzreid-san~!

Kolzreid: Right...

——————————————

The two were now walking away from the school. Kolzreid had his hands in his pockets, looking down as though he was in thought about something.

Alina:... How did you find it? Do you think you will like it there?

Kolzreid: I think so... I didn't really come to school to learn... I just want to make friends with real people... Everything they teach, I was taught at a much younger age... But I'm hoping...

Alina:... You're hoping?

Kolzreid: Hmm I'm hoping that by interacting with people... Makimg meaningful connections... Then perhaps then I can find the meaning of life...

Alina:... The meaning... Of life?...

Kolzreid: Yeah... I mean... I've always disliked people... Not sure why... But I decided that it wouldn't do to decide you dislike someone before you meet them... Though, even with that mindset, it's hard not to judge someone as soon as I see them... I thought about life... And started wondering why certain things happen... Specifically bad things... Evil things...

Alina:... You're way too young to be having thoughts like this.

Kolzreid: Hm... When you have as much free time as I do, and nothing to do half of that time, then you can't help but have existential crisis...

(Y/N): A world without technology is a sucky world...

EchidnA̴̮̜̮̫̦̘͋̀̉: After being introduced to the technology you are familiar with, I would have to agree with you to a certain extent. Those that have never known what you have come to enjoy can never yearn for it in the first place.

(Y/N):... Hm... True, I suppose...

Echidna: However, In this case, young Kolzreid's "Existential crisis" is not triggered by the amount of free time he has on his hands.

(Y/N): What does that mean?

Echidna: The events that are soon to unfold will not make any sense to you without much more context.

(Y/N): ... And why didn't we start further back?...

Echidna: Quite simply. That spirit you are contracted with asked you a very important question. Do you remember?

... Nella has asked me many things...

But if I think about the context of this S̴̨̳̮͇͇̫̈́̓̀̀ituation... Then it has to be that one.

'Quinella: Let me ask you a question, (Y/N). Are you ready to face the truth of your existence? Are you ready for the very foundation of your mentality to turned upside down?...'

(Y/N): Of course I remember the question... But even still... I'm already looking at Kolzreid's past. My way of thinking is still the same as before I witnessed all of this.

Echidna: It appears that you misunderstood her primary concern.

(Y/N): Have I now?...

Echidna: Yes. For it is quite easy for all of us to see...

(Y/N): "Us"?

The Witch didn't respond to me and smiled deviously. There she goes again, revealing more than she probably should at the moment in time but still withholding enough that I am left here just speculating.

——————————————

The day after that, was the day for him to attend school. He was accompanied by Alina up to the school gates. And then he went in on his own.

The first thing he did... Was get lost. It stupefied me, and made Echidna giggle at his terrible sense of direction.

He had one instruction to follow once he got in but did the opposite. The trouble didn't stop there, what Simon was worrying about the most had happened.

People.

They saw him and did a double take. He was unsurprisingly popular with both girls and boys alike.

He didn't look like he was fully awake until the moment he was bombarded with attention.

It took just over five minutes, but he was found by Simon and with the help of some other staff members passing by, they managed to get away from the crowd.

Simon: Goddamit *pant* This is what I was a afraid of...

Kolzreid: Yeah... Sorry... My bad...

Simon: C'mon man... Didn't I tell you to wait at the reception?... I would've been there to help you from the start.

Kolzreid: I forgot...

Simon: Eh?

Kolzreid: Yeah... I didn't get much sleep last night... Had very terrible dreams...

Simon:... Oh... I see... Sorry to hear that... They must've been bad of they were keeping you up for so long yeah?

Kolzreid: Fire...

Simon: Hm?

Kolzreid:... There was just fire and ruins... ScrĘ̶̛̳͍͓̲̀̒͌́͜͝aming coming from everywhere and nowhere... And then singing.

I didn't know what to make of what he was saying. I did understand the singing part though... I had a feeling it had to do with Mother... Perhaps she was doing something in his dreams...

Simon:... Singing?... Screams and fire?... Not gonna lie all that does sound a little concerning. You sure you didn't wake up one night and then mistake a coat hanger for some sort of creature or somethin'?

Relatable-

Kolzreid: While that has happened to me on several occasions. This wasn't the case. The singing is what stood out the most more than anything.

Simon: The singing... And not the screaming and or flames?

Kolzreid: Barely noticeable in the perspective that my nightmare to place. The singing sounded mournful... Like... Like..............

...

...

Kolzreid: Like... Hmm... I can't describe it... It just made me feel sad... But that's how nightmares are so whatever.... I almost woke up late, luckily Alina woke me up...

Simon: Oh right, that maid of yours yeah? Did you tell her about your nightmare?

KolzreiD̸̢̜͝: Oh right, yeah I did... But hmm she reacted... Quite weirdly...

Simon: Define weird...

Kolzreid: It's hard to define weird for Alina, she's already pretty weird. She's stoic and doesn't really express herself much. But there are times when she can be quite... Meh, impulsive, snide. Has quite the mouth on her for a maid, though when all is said and done I do know that she cares for my well-being... And if you choose the right moments, you can catch her when she's defenceless...

Simon looked as though he was talking all of this in, hand on his chin, eyes closed and everything.

Simon: I see, I see... In other words... She's a Tsundere...!

He snapped his fingers... I thought about it for a moment. And then was reminded of Ishtar for a few moments... Only briefly though, Ishtar is still way too different from Alina. Don't think she'd make it as a maid.

Kolzreid: Oh right... That's a thing... You know, I'm surprised and still grateful you listened to all that.

Simon: No need to thank me for that, that's what friends do yeah?

Kolzreid: Friends?

Simon: What, you never have-

Kolzreid: Nope...

Simon: Oof-

His reply was extremely quick.

Simon: I see... Well, it won't be hard for you to make any here, heck, you've already made one of you count me. Classes will start soon anyway so let's get going... You alright?

Kolzreid:....

I was confused... I looked behind me and there wasn't anyone there. Yet he was looking up at me.

(Y/N):....

Kolzreid:....

Simon: Heeeeey, Giltoria to Kolzreid... You there?...

Kolzreid:.... Hm?!... Oh right... Yeah... I'm fine...

Simon: What are you staring at?

Kolzreid: That's the thing... There isn't anything here... But for a split second I could've sworn I had seen... Errr... Let's just go... I'm just sleep-deprived...

They two stand up and walk through me to their class...

I was speechless, I was failing to understand this...

(Y/N): Oi, Echidna... ain't this just a memory? What the hell just happened...?

Echidna, who was no longer smirking in amusement responded almost immediately.

Echidna: He did that the last time I looked through these memories as well... As of right now, I do not have an explanation for it...

(Y/N): Huh?.... How the hell could you not know?

Echidna: It is quite bold of you to assume that you function the same as every other mortal being. There are extraordinary things about yourself that these group of memories will not provide answers to, as I have discovered.

(Y/N): You didn't find anything else out when looking through other memories.

Echidna: There were no answers to be found in the memories that I had personally gone through. However, there are billions of memories that I have yet to go through. Ḯ̷̛̮͂̾́̔́͐͝ have already mentioned this to you before, but your existence predates time, naturally, there are memories that have deteriorated beyond recovery, and some memory's so worn down that it is impossible to decipher anything from them. It is impossible for me to be able to search through every single one of them, as much as I want to.

I sigh to myself and walk, If I won't get any answers from her, I'll just stick around here and get them myself.

——————————————

He was introduced into the class, and there was a lot of speaking amongst the other students, but I cared not for their chatter.

What interested me the most was the things they were being taught. I ignored everything related to what is already taught on Earth, and focused on magic and History.

I was surprised to learn that during this time there was a race war going on. Between the two most sentient races of Giltoria, Dragonoids and Elves. I was wondering why I didn't see any elves earlier, guess this explains it. The Elves live in another kingdom elsewhere.

The whole place reminded mE̶͙̮͕̥͇̲̪͍̱̊̐̌̒̚ͅ of medieval Britain.

Guess they sorted that shit out 5,000 years later... Actually, that's expected.

As for the reasons for the war... I believe it has something to do with the Gods that both sides believe in and worship.

Dragonoids, Chaos, A.K.A mother. And then the Elves, Harmony, A.K.A Filios. The Dragonoids don't actually worship mother, it's more the Apostles of Chaos that they revere and Worship. And let me just say that they all have Mother extremely almost hilariously wrong.

Then again, no one but I seems to understand her singing so that makes sense I suppose.

Something else I was curious about was the King of the planet, Morgan's husband. He was no longer alive, though, if he was he'd be Kolzreid's foster father...

There isn't much information I could really gather on him besides the fact that he was supposedly a great King. What I got from books was that he was a man who never once smiled for his people... When I try to imagine it, I just chuckle. It actually makes sense that he and Morgan ended up getting married. Well, that's assuming that the marriage wasn't political.

I heard Kolzreid mumbling to himself about how Morgan never spoke about him in front of him either, so there wasn't much I could get by listening to him.

The King died in battle, but the queen was doing a competent job ruling in his place. For some reason though they didn't have any biological heirs, not that the public knew about this.

Teacher: Students, make sure to go over the materials I have shown you, there may or may not be a pop quiz.

Simon: Ya see, when he says that, it's pretty much guaranteed yeah...?

Kolzreid: I see... Doesn't seem too-

I several emotions ran through my head in that moment.

Apathy, shock, confusion, realisation.

The door slammed open and Alina was seen at the door with several other staff members seemingly trying to pull her back.

Alina: KOL—

*BOOM*

Everything went black.

I was surrounded by Darkness, Kolzreid had passed out so there were no more memories.

(Y/N): Is this what you were talking about?

Echidna: A regular life... It seems like you were never meant to have one...

(Y/N): Tch... The hell just happened???

Echidna: You shall see for yourself...

The void we were trapped in changed, I heard Alina's voice.

Alina: KOLZREID-SAMA!!

I saw his body on the floor, being shaken over and over by Alina, he weakly opened his eyes.

Kolzreid: Alina?...

He coughed a few times before weakly sitting up.

Alina immediately brought his head in and hugged it.

Kolzreid: Alina... You're... Crying?

Alina: You scared me... You foolish prince...

Kolzreid: .......

Alina: I apologise for not arriving on time.

Kolzreid: Where are we?

Alina wiped her tears and responded.

Alina: We are still in the building... Or what's left of it...

He took a moment to survey his surroundings, as did I...

Everything was in ruins, and there was just mayhem on the streets.

I was horrified... It reminded me of the time I was in the world where that mysterious Gate had appeared.

From where we was, it would be hard to make out anything, but I had good eyesight. It was exponentially better than others.

Even though my vision was better, from our distance, it still wasn't perfect, but people I could still make out were getting slaughtered left and right.

Kolzreid:... Where's-

Alina: The boy that was with you is lying right next to you. He is still unconscious.

Sure enough, after taking a look to the left, he saw Simon's unconscious body.

Kolzreid:... Alina... What is going on...?

Alina:.... Elves...

Kolzreid: Elves?!

Alina: The Queen knew they were going to try something soon. She had hoped by sending you out here you would be far away from the fighting.

Kolzreid: Tch... I thought she was letting me go to easily...

(Y/N): He calls what we saw earlier easy?

Echidna: If you were to see how attached to you Morgan was, you would not be saying that.

(Y/N): Hm...

Kolzreid: Why are the elves choosing now of all times to attack us? It doesn't make sense.

Alina:.... There's... A lot you do not understand...

Kolzreid: Then tell me so I can understand...

Alina:... The Queen has forbidden me from telling you about the cause for conflict, my priority is your safety...

Kolzreid: The hell?... A bunch of elves come and attack us out of nowhere and you're more concerned with keeping secrets?

Alina: Knowing their motives wouldn't do you any good. If you think you can talk them out of this then forget it. They cannot be reasoned with at this stage.

Kolzreid: That's not it... Dammit... So... what do we do?

Alina: It is simple. You are going to take this boy and head for the Gates of the city. They should be attempting an evacuation.

Kolzreid:... What are you planning on doing?

Alina: I will go and personally put an and to the Elf assailants who dared trespass onto our land.

Kolzreid: What?! No... Wait... You can't do that!

Alina: I must, the evacuation will not succeed if there are Elves roaming about. I will do as much as possible to stall for time.

Kolzreid: No, I've seen this before in books. People who say that always die! I'm not letting you go out and die-

Alina: Hmph, you underestimate me, Kolzreid-sama. Those Elves do not know who they're messing with.

She stood up and removed her gloves, I noticed that there was a red mark on her hand...

It was the same mark that was always on my back...

I found that to be strange...

Kolzreid:.... Alina...

Alina: Yes, my Lord?

Kolzreid:... I'm ordering you... To come back alive so we can escape back to the capital... It's an order... So you have to... You have to follow it through...

Alina smiled and nod while curtsying.

Alina: Orders received, Kolzreid-sama.

Horns and wings appeared on her body, and then soon she was off. Leaving him and an unconscious Simon behind.

Kolzreid:...She's probably going to die...

He didn't look particularly distraught. That isn't to say he looked happy though. He was calm... A bit too calm if you asked me...

He turned around and picked Simon up by his arm and then placed him on his back before running off.

He was still moving pretty quickly despite carrying another with him.

Kolzreid: Screaming... Fire everywhere, ruins... Just like my nightmare... But there is no singing...

He mumbled to himself... And that made me think to myself.

Perhaps Mother did interfere in his dreams... Though it would be hard to determine whether mother can predict the future or not.

There were a lot of corpse in the streets, and a lot of collapsed or collapsing buildings.

Simon started to wake up at this time.

Simon: ...Kolz...Reid?

Kolzreid: You're awake! Great, don't move too much, we're nearly out of the city!

Simon: The city?... Wait! The school!! What the hell happened out here?!

Kolzreid: I have no idea why, but Elves decided to attack us.

Simon: Elves???

Kolzreid: Yeah...

Simon: I don't... I don't understand.... Why the hell would they choose to attack us now of all times... And why here?!

Kolzreid: Like I said, no clue. But they may not only be attacking here. Let's just get to the city gates and evacuate.

Simon: Wait wait wait!

Simon spread his own wings and jumped off from Kolzreid's back.

Kolzreid: What are you doing?

Simon: My family! I need to go and find them! If Elves are attacking... I can't just leave.

Kolzreid: If your family is alive then they would have attempted to reach the city gates.

Simon: Perhaps... But If they aren't there. And I haven't checked my house... I wouldn't feel right... I'm not asking you to risk your own life and come with me... But this is something I have to do...

He then lifted off the ground and flew away down another street. I looked down at Kolzreid, he clenched his fists.

Kolzreid: ...... This is what friends do... I suppose...

He spread his own wings and took off in the same direction.

——————————————

Kolzreid: Simon!!! Wait up!

Simon: Kolzreid?

Kolzreid: Yes, just slow down a second.

Simon: You came?

Kolzreid: *Sighs* Wouldn't sit right with me either if we didn't check.

Simon: I appreciate it...

He soon landed, as did Kolzreid, and they then started running near the wrecked houses, there were quite a few tremors from all the fighting going on, but it didn't bother them.

There was a pile of corpses that made them stop in their tracks. Kolzreid sighed as Simon started walking forward. To me, It was already obvious what had happened.

They were probably long dead, Simon called out a bunch of names before running into a house, his voice trembling, but it was only a matter of time before the reality settled in.

I was curious about how Kolzreid was taking the situation, but he didn't seem to be particularly moved by what he was seeing.

I was all the more suspicious of how calm he was.

Minutes later, Simon walked back out of the house, the life was gone from his eyes, and it was evident that he had been crying.

Kolzreid:.....

He chose not to say anything, which I thought was a wise choice. After that, they both started walking. They walked in silence, well, as silent as you can get with constant tremors, screaming and explosions.

It wasn't long before he stopped walking though. They were both surrounded by a bunch of Elven soldiers.

Kolzreid: So you've all come after us...

Kolzreid narrowed his eyes, but the Elves didn't respond verbally. They all held their weapons high, and those with bows and arrows took aim while charging magic of different elements.

Kolzreid: For what reasons have you decided to attack us?... Slaughtering the innocent... Is it fun?

The archer Elves all then fired at him. There was an explosion as the attacks made contact, but there were several sparks of red electricity. There was a crimson red/black blast that shot through the smoke and made contact with an Elf.

That Elf started screeching in agony as their body started contorting unnaturally. Several parts of their body started swelling, their limbs twisted and bones started sticking out of their body. Then their body increased in mass and burst, revealing a large pile of bloodied bony flesh.

And from the sounds of it, the Elf was still alive and was somehow still able to scream in pain. When the smoke cleared I saw him with his arm out, his face was expressionless. And several elves backed away in extreme caution and trepidation.

Kolzreid: Won't you answer my question?

The Elves didn't say anything, obviously out of fear. But they did weakly raise their weapons once again, which seemingly only antagonised him further.

There were more red sparks around him, numerous crimson blades were formed in the air around him, and then a second later, they all shot towards each and every Elf faster than they could react. As soon as the blades pierced their bodies, they turned to dust.

Kolzreid: Worthless...

He walked forward, not looking back at all. A lifeless Simon followed after him.

——————————————

Sometime later, they made it to the extremely large city Gates. There was an extremely long queue that was moving really slowly. On the other side of the Gate, there was also a long line of people, it seemed like the Elves from the outside were the reason the evacuation couldn't move along any faster.

By the Time Kolzreid and Simon made it to the other side of the wall, well, there was nowhere to go. It seems during all that time they waited in line, the cavalry from the capital arrived. With Wyverns and Drakes. It was war.

Kolzreid: What the hell is this...

They were trapped there. Kolzreid, Simon and the rest of the people who were attempting to escape the city. There was nowhere for them to go.

Kolzreid: Why the hell is this happening?... All of this destruction... And for what?

More lightning sparked around his body... I assumed that he was going to do something... But I was wrong... It was not he, but another who "did something". I felt a strange tingly feeling in my chest. It felt familiar yet foreign at the same time...

The Elven soldiers were all cheering for some reason, I found out why extremely quickly. There was something rising from the smoke. It was a humanoid figure... I couldn't make it out from where I was accurate. But It was ascending higher and higher into the air.

Several crimson red rifts in space were formed... And out of them flew Beasts... Demonic-looking Beasts...

I assumed this person was with the Elves since they were seemingly cheering upon their arrival... But now... I'm not sure whose side they are on... Those Demonic Beasts landed on the battlefield and attacked both Elves and Dragonoids alike. It was a massacre... Every single one of the beasts was horrendous looking.

I saw one of those beasts kill several Elves and Dragonoids by picking them right off the ground and eating them head first. But it ate their heads and only their heads. It was shrugging of magic attacks like they were nothing. To the beast, it seemed like an annoyance at best, and all it did was draw attention to the attacker who was promptly eaten.

Those Demonic beasts tunnelled underground and then surfaced underneath a group of Elven and Dragonoid soldiers who were fighting, swallowing them whole. It digested those it ate extremely quickly and kept the bones of those it had eaten within a cage of teeth in its underbelly. When it was full of bones, those teeth would open and release all the bones on the battlefield.

There were many more different Demonic Beasts, and not one had been killed since they had arrived from the spatial rift.

That was until Dragonoids and Elves that were contracted to Spirits had arrived on the battlefield. Those that had Spirits at the intermediate level or in rare cases, the Great level, managed to either damage or outright kill the Demonic Beasts.

They were still currently being overwhelmed, but they were at the beginning of making headway against the Demonic Beasts... This isn't to say that they were working together though.

The Majority used the confusion to get one up on each other. Some were killing the Spirit users that were preoccupied with slaying the beasts, some had fled the battlefield entirely, and then there were some that were killing some on the same side as them.

As for why, it wasn't as strong as Kolzreid, but those Demonic Beings had an Aura of CHaos surrounding them. And for mortals, it can make people go mad and or amplify negative feelings like aggression...

I heard some people that were friendly firing scream about how the person they were killing wronged them in some way in the past, whether it was for pretty serious matters like sleeping with their wives, or for mundane matters like being cheated out of a little money. The power of Chaos coming from the Demonic Beasts was amplifying the feelings of spite from the soldiers and caused them to turn on each other. As the name states, the power had brought about Chaos to the battlefield...

I then heard a feminine voice come from above, where that humanoid figure was. Even from where I was, I could hear her voice loud and clear. She spoke in a loud, bone-chilling voice.

???: 𝕸𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖘, 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖊𝖝𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖐𝖊. 𝖂𝖆𝖗, 𝕮𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝕵𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖞, 𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖉. 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝕸𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖘 𝖔𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖒𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌. 𝕭𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖔𝖉𝖆𝖞, 𝕴 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖔𝖚𝖗, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖞 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖑𝖑. 𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 �̷̠̲͙̭͉̦̀̏ͅ�̴̡̛̼̱͑͛̌̿̿̂̆̕�̷̡̨̺̟̼̰̲̝̼̑̈́̎͑̆̀͝�̷̧̨̢̮͔͔͓̲̪́̽̍̊͋͐͑͘͝�̵͚͙̮̤̏͂͊�̴̗̼̘̮̭̺̓̈̾̓͋̈̈́͜�̷̡͎̫̖̘̻͕̣͓̀̓͒̏̀̎͗̚̚͝.

For some reason... I couldn't make out the last part of what she had said... It sounded... Muffled and glitchy?

After dealing with most of the Demonic Beasts, the Spirit using Dragonoids and Elves had gathered on two sides with their respective races. And they were all charging up their mana for what was probably all their strongest attacks.

They all then fired their attacks at roughly the same time, multicoloured beams of magic that looked somewhat like a rainbow shot toward the female. I myself have read too much Manga and watched too much anime to know that somehow this wouldn't to a thing...

*SNAP*

And I was right. After a snap of her fingers, several dark orange portals opened up in front of her. I watched as all the beams of magic shot into those portals and vanished. The portals then closed, and I could detect malevolent intent from that being.

A few moments later, dozens of portals opened in the sky above those Elf and Dragonoid Spirit users, and the soldiers that were fighting against each other. Multicoloured light came from the portals, and the people tried running away, realising what was going to happen... But it was too late for them.

The beams of magic collided with the ground, resulting in an explosion that covered the entire battlefield.

When the smoke cleared, there was nothing but large craters with magma veins, ash and bones with smoke coming from them.

And then overhead, I saw something... A creature that was said to be extinct on Giltoria... It soared overhead and then flew higher into the air, looped and landed behind the floating woman.

It was a Dragon.

(Y/N): Holy... Shit...

Echidna: Would you like to get a closer look~?

(Y/N): At who, the dragon? I'm good.

Echidna: Of course not, aren't you curious about the mysterious attacker who seemed to have come from nowhere?

(Y/N): Oh... Her... If you can get us in closer then whatever...

It only took a second, my surroundings distorted, and I was somehow standing in the air, a short distance away from the assailant...

I got a closer look at her... And for a brief moment, it wouldn't be incorrect to say that I was enchanted by her features...

I only had one question on my mind... Who... Or rather... What is she?

Echidna: Bold of you to become so enchanted with another woman in this maidens presence, wouldn't you say~?

I turn around and see Echidna smugly smiling at me, I deadpanned and sighed at her.

(Y/N): Don't act like you're offended... ._.

The unknown woman then lowers her head down as though she noticed something. And then a Dark Orange portal opened in front of her. She "walked" into the portal and it disappeared behind her.

The scene around us changed. I was back to standing behind Kolzreid, who had watched everything happen with a look of confusion and horror on his face.

A dark orange portal opened in the air a short distance away from him, he backed away cautiously and used his metal magic to create a sword in his hand.

The white-haired woman floated down with no expression on her face, all the people who were standing in the vicinity all fled in panic, leaving him alone with Simon who did not react to her presence.

Kolzreid: What are you doing?!

He backed away slowly while glaring at the woman. She did not respond and floated closer.

Kolzreid: Stay back... Or else!

He was now pointing his blade at her, she did not react to this and hovered a few inches closer until they were only a few dozen centimetres apart.

She raised her arms slowly and held the sides of his cheeks. It was when she made contact with him, that her facial expression changed from stoic, to confused and then shocked, and then it had changed to one of regret.

Kolzreid's sword had already dissipated into silver particles. He had seemingly lost the will to fight. I didn't know why... But I could only assume it was because she didn't seem to be an immediate threat to him at that moment...

I still felt familiar with the woman... But at the same time, the same as before, there was something foreign about her. Like there was something that should not be present in front of me... She was a baffling existence that I could not figure out...

Her eyes started glowing brighter suddenly, a portal opened behind her, and she immediately backed into it with the portal closing just before a lance had struck where it once was.

Both Kolzreid and I looked up and saw Alina hovering with a look of malicious intent on her face.

Kolzreid: A-A...Alina?!

I could hear traces of relief in his voice as he spoke, Alina lowered herself and then folded her wings once landing. She picked up the lance that she had thrown earlier and stood protectively in front of Kolzreid.

Kolzreid: You're... Still alive?

Alina: I've returned per your orders, my Lord... I have gotten rid of every last Elf within the city walls...

Kolzreid: *She did it... She really did it... And she doesn't look injured whatsoever... Have I really been underestimating her?*

Alina: By the look of things, the Elven army that was holding up the evacuation has been completely annihilated...

Kolzreid:... Not just the Elven Army... The Dragonoid Cavalry as well... They were all wiped out.

Alina looked up at the white-haired woman and narrowed her eyes, and her grip around her lance got tighter.

Alina: So... One of them has appeared huh?

Kolzreid: Huh?... You know who... Or what that is?

Alina: A Goddess...

This surprised Kolzreid, though not me, that was one of my first assumptions from earlier, I just wasn't sure.

Kolzreid: A... A Goddess?!

Alina: Of course, she isn't just any Goddess... She's an apostle of Harmony...

——————————————

An apostle of Harmony?... Okay... That did get a reaction out of me... I had never heard anything about this... But it's only fair to assume that if there are apostles of Chaos, there are apostles of harmony...

Kolzreid:... No way... So... She's a real Apostle...?! But... Wait... Of Harmony?...

Honestly, after everything she just did, it makes no sense whatsoever for her to be an apostle of harmony.

Alina: There is only one Apostle of Harmony per planet. And they only appear on planets with life... Apostles of Harmony are not chosen by Harmony himself, but by the will of the planet.

Kolzreid: The will of... The planet?????

Alina: There are two forces at work in the background, they can be referred to as "The Counterforces"... There is the will of the world, which is the planet's intrinsic will to survive and prosper, and then there is the collective unconsciousness of the sentient beings on the planet to avoid extinction. In Giltoria's case, it is the collective unconscious will for the survival of Dragonoids and Elves. Whenever there is a threat to the planet and its functioning, the Will of the world would select a life form on the planet to become an Apostle of Harmony that will protect the planet.

Kolzreid: Okay... But then why did she annihilate the armies?

Alina: Whoever becomes an Apostle of Harmony has their bodies taken over by an alternate personality concerned only with protecting the planet from threats by any means necessary. Most likely, what the planet considered a threat to its wellbeing was the very lifeforms inhabiting it... The Elves suddenly attacked us for reasons unknown, giving way to a sudden war that could have ravaged the planet itself.

Kolzreid: So all this is happening because of those Elves?.... Weren't they worshippers of Harmony? What the hell is this?

Alina: I assume that she will not stop until all Dragonoids and Elves are gone or the World no longer perceives them as a threat.

Kolzreid: What about that "second force", the unconscious will of Dragonoids and Elves to survive? Won't that do something?

Alina:... Only time will tell... I cannot claim to know how it all works, especially since the counterforces do not bear any emotions or trains of thought that can be followed. They are just passive spirals of quintessence that respond to certain types of threats.

Kolzreid:... So are you going to fight her?

Alina: Yes... If it is to protect you, I will...

Kolzreid: Then... Let me join you, I'll-

Alina: No... I'll explain it to you again... My priority is your safety. Even if all I can do is hold her off in my current state, I'll do it-

Current state?

Alina: -In the meantime, I want you to use the time I spend fighting her to get away in the direction of the capital.

Kolzreid: WHAT?! You can't be serious! You can't-

Alina: This isn't up for a discussion. Go, Kolzreid...

She took several steps forward and raised her left arm. The mark that was on her hand began shining brightly.

I noticed that part of the mark began to fade away, and then she called for something I was very familiar with.

Alina: Boat of Heaven, Maanna!

I blinked twice as the Boat of heaven formed right next to her, Alina spread her wings and hovered, she placed her arm next to the Boat and then took off so fast it looked like she had vanished.

I was severely confused... Wasn't that Ishtar's main weapon?... She didn't look like Ishtar... And I don't think I felt any transformation magic at work... This was too confusing...

My attention was then brought elsewhere as I heard him start raising his voice.

Kolzreid: Hey! Where are you going?! We're supposed to go this way!! Hey! Simon!!

I saw Simon slowly walking away from him, heading towards the battlefield where all the Elves and Dragonoids got wiped out.

Kolzreid: Hey!!! Answer me! You're going the wrong way!!

Simon: My parents... My younger brothers... My younger sisters... My newborn brother... They were all mutilated... What's the point...

Kolzreid:... That... That doesn't mean you should-

Simon: The Gods have already deemed us unfit for life... That's fine... My reason for living is already gone... There's no point anymore... Everything will be destroyed...

Kolzreid: Stop... STOP!!

He twitched slightly and then began running after Simon, when he caught up, he held his forearm but was attacked by an arrow of water that shot at him from above. He reacted quickly and jumped back, letting go of Simon.

Simon: Don't try and stop me.

Kolzreid: How can I just stand here and watch you die?!... Aren't we fr-

Simon: What good is friendship now?... Just let me-

*THUD*

A large Demonic Beast landed right behind him, Simon looked up at it with no expression.

Simon: I'll get to be with my f-

*BITE*

His head was bitten off by the Demonic Beast, much to Kolzreid's shock and confusion. I could only imagine the thoughts going through his mind...

Kolzreid:....*Why am I so stunned?... He's right isn't he?... Look at this situation...*

He took a look at the Battlefield that had been devastated with no effort...

Kolzreid: *What's the point in pretending everything is fine...? The world is finished... And it's all their fault... The Gods were the ones who gave us life... But now those same Gods have deemed us unfit to live... Very well then... If that's how it must be... There is nothing much one can do except for accepting it, or dying in defiance... No longer will I just sit idly by as a fellow perpetrator...*

Suddenly, there was a crimson flash. Several sparks of crimson lightning came from Kolzkreid, he was letting out extremely large quantities of Chaos.

(Y/N): The hell is he doing?

Echidna:... You had given up on living...

(Y/N): Wait... What?...

Echidna: Make no mistake. You made no attempts to end your life. However, you unconsciously decided to end your life as "one of them".

(Y/N): One of who?!

Echidna looked at me and smiled.

Echidna: A Mortal...

Everything clicked inside my brain... I had an idea on what was happening...

I watched as he was enveloped in what looked like... Crimson Red/Black mud...

It looked very viscous and it spread out extremely quickly.

The figure that was Kolzreid, slowly sank and became one with his "mud".

Echidna: What was that phrase from the other worlds you've been to? "If you can't beat them, join them", yes?

The mud was spreading quickly throughout the city gates, like water moving to fill every corner of a container.

Flames worked to incinerate every building as they collapsed, and there were still screams coming from the people scattered within the city, as soon as the mud made contact with them, they were swallowed and became part of it.

There was so much smog blocking out the sky that the only light sources available were the flames that burned down the buildings in the city.

Then I spotted a figure, standing in the place of where Kolzreid once stood...

But that was not Kolzreid... I was all too familiar with them...

She raised her head... And began singing a melancholic melody...

It was mother...

Tiamat: Aaaaaaaaaaah!!!

——————————————

The Selfless Wielder of Flames: Prt I

——————————————

——————————————

(A/N): Hey everyone! That's marks the end of this chapter, spent a whole lot of days just planning and writing this. If ya hadn't noticed already, my focus was Kolzreid's perception and on his own life and the lives of others around him. And then (Y/N)'s perception on Kolzreid. This was the day before everything fell apart for young Kolzreid, and as you can already guess by the title. This is only the first part of "tale".

I had intended to do it all in one chapter, as I don't mind writing long chapters (Even if they are extremely long). But trust me, we have a long way to go before we're done with all this, so I just decided to leave it here at 10K words so you all wouldn't have to wait for much longer, should be well over 30 minutes of reading time for you all to enjoy at least.

So how did you enjoy the chapter?

Can't wait to read your comments about it when I wake up the next morning.

Hmm... Glitched text you say?... HmmMMMMmmm yes, I seem to recall something like that, meh, just a bug or something. You probably don't need to look too deeply into it 👀.

Well, that'll be all from me, next chapter will be as long if not longer than this one so probably won't be out for a few weeks.

Themanofculture loggin off~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57 4 33
The most powerful and advanced race in the chaos universe has sent its state-of-the-art research ship into space to search for inhabited planets and...
12 0 1
Prequel to Friend Group Infinity War Our story begins with a teenage enby who doesn't quite have a name, but goes by X. X has bad trust issues and al...
3.2K 108 30
"humans and monsters lived in harmony. until Many years later war broke between the two races. humans and monsters. monsters had the numbers. but hum...
6.2K 153 30
"all story's started with many years ago. a war between monsters and humans broke out. and it ends with the monsters losing. Than it goes to the lege...