The Sixth Paladin

By in_my_chaotic_mind

Korra, a childhood friend of Lance, is attending the Galaxy Garrison along with Hunk and Pidge. She joins the... More

Korra
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
*Bonus Chapter* Happy Birthday Korra!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
*Bonus Chapter* Kerra One Year Anniversary!
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
I'm back!!!
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
*Bonus Chapter* Voltron Vlogs: Korra
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 40

297 10 1
By in_my_chaotic_mind

Several months have passed. Keith has been doing a lot of work with the blades. Unfortunately that caused some tension on the team for the past few months. Even Keith and I have had our problems, we had our first argument, real argument a few weeks back. Things haven't been the same since. At the moment, we're helping escort refugees. Just as we attached our lions to the last few ships, Keith flies over and attaches to the last ship.

"Well look who decided to show up." Pidge says.

"Yeah, are you even taking this seriously?" Lance asks, I stay silent.

"Sorry I'm late." Keith replies. Nobody says anything after that. When we deliver the ships, Keith leaves to talk to Shiro. I'm standing next to Pidge when I feel eyes on me. I turn and make eye contact with Keith, we hold contact for a few seconds before I turn away.

~~~

"Okay everybody, today, we'll be heading to Reiphod, a planet recently liberated from Galra forces." Coran says from where we're all gathered on the main room. 

"This is embarrassing. We're basically the grand marshal of a parade." Keith speaks up.   

"Not a parade, a show of arms!"

"What ever it is, this is the second one of theses we've done this week." Pidge says.

"I know it's not fighting the Galra, but believe it or not, this helps up boost moral and strengthen alliances. " Allura speaks up.

"Right strongholds, blah-dy, blah-dy,blah. Now I say we go over our lion choreography one more time. I don't want a repeat of what happened last time, Hunk." Lance says with a look to Hunk.

"I thought my lion had more room."

"Shiro, my apologies for interrupting, but this is an important matter." Kolivan appeared on the screen, making us all stop. "A Galra supply ship has been spotted passing through the Quadrant Omega Rayler Six."

"What's it doing so far from the normal supply routes?" Shiro asks.

"We can't be certain, but taken together with the fact that Lotor hasn't been seen in months and the emergence of this new form of quintessence, we feel compelled to investigate. Normally we would wait for better intel, but I believe we should act on this now."

"I'll send Voltron to intercept."

"An infiltration mission would make more sense. We can plant a tracker and see just how far the supply routes expand. With all the Galra activity my agents are spread thin."

"Not anymore, count me in." 

"Of course." I muttered and crossed my arms.

"Hey, what about our performance? We can't razzle dazzle the crowd with just five lions." Lance exclaims.

"This mission is more important than a show of arms." 

"Just let him go." Everyone turns at my words. "Obviously the Blades are more important than us." Keith tries to protest but I keep my gaze on the ground.

"How long will it take?" Shiro asks Kolivan.

"Not long, but we must act fact, or we risk the ship jumping into hyperspace."

"Go. But meet us on Reiphod when you're done." 

~~~

"Citizens of Reiphod, on this day, we honor you for your perseverance. Your refusal to bow down in the face of such adversity is a testament to the fighting spirit of your people. You've put aside your differences and united to dispel the oppressive Galra reign, bringing freedom to all! We thank you for joining the coalition and counting to fight against the Galra that began with the reemergence of the six lions of Voltron." As Coran announced the lions we all flew out, twirling in the air. 

Except Keith didn't show.

"Right, uh five lions."

"I thought Keith said he was going to be here, he's going to ruin the show! Korra, where is your boyfriend?"

"How am I supposed to know, Lance? You know we hardly talk any more." I stated, as much as it hurt to say.

"Lance, this isn't about putting on a good show. It's about uniting the people and bringing them to the coalition to help in the fight against Zarkon." Allura pips up.

"Fine. I don't know why I even try."

We continue to put on a show, flying around elaborately and shooting targets while Coran continues his speech. The crowd cheers loudly.

"They're loving us! Razzle dazzle!"

Coran ends his speech with the signal to form Voltron with the sword, but we just float in front of him. The crowd goes silent.

"Oh quiznak there's only five lions I keep forgetting that. Well, when he's together he's like a big man. Like this." Coran wobbles on his toes. "But you have to imagine him with a big sword, and laser canon." Coran tries to reassure the crowd.  

~~~

"One of the Blades Keith was with, didn't make it." Allura tells me as we stand in one of the castle hallways.

"That's too bad." I say. I rub my arms and look at the ground.

"Korra, can I ask you something?" 

"Anything." 

"Why are you so upset at Keith?" I look up at her. "I understand the others, but you seem to be taking it worse that the others. Does it have to do with the argument you two had?" I sigh.

"Honestly, maybe. It's just, I hate that he's gone all the time. Makes me think that he thinks the Blades are more important than Voltron. More important than me. To tell you the truth, I don't even remember what the argument was about, something stupid probably." Before Allura could answer the door slides open and Keith walks in. I look back at the ground.

"I'll talk to you later." I say and walk out, not looking at Keith.

~~~

Time has passed. We have grown the coalition even more. Keith is gone even more, doing missions for the Blades. Currently we, except Keith, are gathered in the main room, when an alarm goes off.

"What's going on?" Allura asks Coran, who's hunched over the screen.

"We received a distress signal. One of our convoys is being attacked by a squadron of Galra cruisers."

"Our medical supply ships. We can't allow the Galra to get them." Shiro states.

"We must leave immediately. Voltron can keep those cruisers occupied long enough for the supply ships to make their escape." Allura says.

"Actually, Voltron can't. Keith is gone." I speak up.

"They're probably on a mission. I knew this would happen sooner or later. You'll have to go without Keith. The convoy needs you. I'll end him to help as soon a I find him. We run out and get to our lions. We approach the convoy to see one of the ships being pulled in by a beam.

"We have to get that ship out of the tracker beam." Lance says.

"I'll ram it, cover me." Hunk says and flies forward. As he got closer hundreds of fighters flew out.    

"Never mind! There's too many! I can't ram that many!" We all fly around, avoiding lasers. When suddenly more ships showed up.

"Somebody called for back up!" I announced. I flip and roll trying not to get hit.

"They're everywhere!"

"There are more fighters than we've ever seen!"

"Allura, I need your help, I got two on my tail."

"I'm sorry I can't get to you, they're all over me!"

"Korra, behind you!" Pidge's warning came too late as my lion was it. I let out a yelp as my lion was shoved back.

"Korra,where is Keith?"

"Why do you always ask me? I don't know!" I snap. I shoot a few fighters before I got shot again, making me almost run into Pidge.

"We can't beat all these fighters with just five lions!" Hunk exclaims.

"You don't have to."

"Shiro!" Said man flies in, inside the black lion.

"Converge on me. It's time to form Voltron!"

Voltron flies in, slashing and shooting all the ships until they were all down. We fly next to one of the rebel ships.

"Rebel craft, you're safe. We'll escort you the rest of the way to Olkarion."

~~~ 

Once we return to the castle, we gather in the main control room, waiting for Keith. After a bit, he walks in.

"Guys, I.." He stops when he see all of our glares.

"I heard what happened. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help."

"You keep saying your sorry, but your actions says other wise. Do you realize that your absence put the team in jeopardy." Allura began.

"And not just the team, the refugees as well." Lance speaks up.

"Matter of fact, the whole quadrant was in danger." Pidge says. Keith looks away guiltily.

"This is not the way I wanted this to happen, but, if there's a bright side to this it's that my absence allowed Shiro to reestablish his link to the black lion. He can finally be the leader I was unable to be. I'm not meant to pilot the black lion." Keith says. I look at the ground, suddenly feeling guilty.

"Is that why you've been pulling away from us?" Allura asks.

"Yeah, I suppose that's a part of it."

"Part of it? What's the other part?" Hunk asks.

"The Blades have been making headway tracking the source of the quintessence. They've been able to piece together a large network of hidden supply lines that have been transporting for who knows how long. And there's good reason to believe it could lead us directly to Lotor. A mission is being planned to infiltrate to supply line. It could takes weeks, maybe months to pull off,but, if there is a chance we have... I have to take it. I need to be on that mission." I finally look up, tears staring to well up. He's...leaving?

"Shiro you are the rightful leader of this team. And you proved it today, but reconnecting with the black lion. It was always meant to be yours." Shiro approaches Keith and puts his hand on his shoulder.

"Keith, if this is what you feel is right, we won't try to stop you. But just know that we're here for you whenever you need us."

"I know you are. And I can't tell you how much this means to me." Keith and Shiro hug, which prompts everyone to group hug, except me. I let out a loud sniffle making everyone turn to me. I quickly turn around.

"Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry." I chant while rubbing my eyes. A familiar hand of my shoulder makes me jump.

"Let's give them some privacy." I hear Shiro say. They only shuffle a few feet to the side. Nosey.  

"Korra I-" I cut Keith off.

"No let me start." I say, my voice thick with tears. "I really should apologize to you Keith. I was upset with you for so long, for no good reason!"

"You had plenty of reason to be upset with me." Keith says, I shake my head.

"I had no idea you felt the way you did. I spent this whole time thinking you thought the Blades where more important than me, than us." Keith grabbed my hands.

"I never thought that."

"I know that now, if I would have stopped being so stubborn I would have talked things out with you." 

"We're doing that now." I look up at him, tears falling again.

"Do you really have to leave?" Keith sighs.

"I do, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, I understand now, just know that I'm really,really going to miss you." I say and squeeze his hands.

"That's why I got this." He says and reached into his pocket and pulls out a small device and hands it to me.

"A communicator?" I ask and look back at him.

"Yeah, so we can stay in contact while I'm gone." A smile grows on my face.

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too" I throw my arms around him and pull him in a long goodbye kiss.

"Oh finally! They made up!" I whip around.

"Don't ruin the moment, Lance." Keith just laughs.

"I should go now." I look back at him.

"Okay, goodbye."

"Bye." Keith says and walks to the door. He turns back one last time. Lance has his arm around my shoulder and I lean on him not bothering to stop the tears. I give him one last smile, which he returns.

Then he leaves.

__________________________

ahhh Keith is gone. ALSO I've been thinking, since this is a Keith fan fic, and now he's going to be gone for like 3 seasons, I think I'm just going to kinda skip around episodes, only write important once, summarize others. Keep it simple like that till we get to the part when he comes back. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299 2 24
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters of Voltron or any videos I might use. Warning: Discontinued
128K 2.1K 99
Ever wonder what it would be like to be a parent with your favorite Paladin of Voltron? Well then stay tuned and find out. IMPORTANT NOTE!: You're on...
3.2K 39 14
Voltron: Legendary Defender Fanfiction Keith x Reader REWRITTEN VERSION It all started when (Y/n) and her older brother, Takashi 'Shiro' Shirogane we...
33.1K 779 15
WARNING: OLD BOOK, DISCONTINUED VERSION. You are welcome to read this book and its unfinished sequel, they were separate at one point but they got di...