Eros

Av NefeliBata053

Can "true love" happen again? Eros, the guy who has given up on the idea of love. For him love was a doze to... Mer

Preview
Aesthetics
1. New Beginning
2. Perfect Best Friends
3. The Broken Boy
4. Who was she?
5. Wish
6. God Of Love
7. Bad Boy Facade
8. First Meeting
9. I'll Be There
10. Help Him
11. 'Her'
12. Truly Happy
13. Agony
14. Brother
15. Story
16. Grandchild
17. Where It All Began
18. Disappointment?
19. The First Wish
20.What Happened That Night?
21. House Party
22. Messed Up
23. Small Adventure
24. The Perfect Confession
25. Moon
26. Game
27. Beautiful Disaster
28. Princess and Queen
29. Their First Kiss
30. Other Half
31. Realisation
32. Decision
33. Jealous
35. It's a Good Kind Of Madness
36. Amusement Park
37. The Kissing Sin
38. The Diary - 01
39. In My Head
40. Us
41. Failure?
42. Just Friends
43. Mission "Choco"
44. Drunk
45. Parents
46. It's Love
47. Warmer
48. The Party of Armani's
49. The Truth
50. Moon And Earth
51. In Love
52. Friends and Movie Night
53.1
53.2 The Diary - 02
54. Peaceful
55. Family?
56. Connecting the Dots

34. Memory Lane

54 10 62
Av NefeliBata053

_____________________________________

"Fucking hell man, we need to go back in there. I can't leave that Rowan with her." Eros said breaking his hand free from my grip and turning to go inside.

"Stop Eros. Jeez man control your jealous ass." I rolled my eyes.

Eros stopped dead on his tracks and looked at me.

"Who said I am jealous? I am just worrying about her. I don't like that guy."

"Sure you don't." I replied sarcastically.

I started walking towards my car and Eros walked beside me, but kept glancing back at the hospital.

Someone's got their ass whipped.

We sat in the car and I started to drive. I needed to meet dad so I can't take his ass with me.

"Where do you-" I was cut off by the ring of my phone.

I handed the phone to Eros so that he could hold it while keeping it on speaker. I was very precise about rules, especially while driving.

"I don't think you would want to keep it on speaker." Eros said and I looked at him only to find him smirking.

Confused I asked him who was calling.

He showed me the screen and the name 'Mi Amore' was flashing on the screen.

I gave him a nod indicating to pick up the call while looking at the road, completely ignoring my heartbeats.

"Hello." I heard the smoky voice that I could not get out of my head for past few days.

"Hi. What's the matter?" I asked because we just left the hospital.

"Just wanted to inform you that Eros left his phone here. A girl named Lily called saying she'll be reaching soon. We informed her, Eros isn't here but we'll convey him the message. Tell him if he is with you."

The one thing out of alot of things I love about her is the way she tells me to do things. Not in a requesting or polite way, but in a demanding tone.

I looked at Eros taken aback about Lily and he just blinked his eyes conveying that he would explain me later.

He better should.

"Okay umm, I will tell him. Also I will take his phone from you in evening. At the cafe." I said and there was a silence on the other side.

Please don't say you are not coming.

"Okay then. Tell me about this Lily girl there. Meet me around 8."

I sighed, relief washing over me.

"Right see you. Take care of Bonita."

"Oh she will be fine." She said while laughing and ended the call.

Weird.

"Lily is in town?"

"Yeah, few days back she told me she is planning to come here and meet us. It's been a long time." Eros said looking out of the window.

"You should have informed me earlier." I said frowning at the lack of information.

Eros and I, we basically were like one soul in two bodies. We had seen alot of shit in our whole lives together. And hiding things is not something we did or should do.

"I forgot to. In all the chaos."

I smiled.

He was too busy caring for his moon.

"Drop me off at the grocery store. I need to buy some stuff. Lily would almost be there." Eros said finally looking at me.

Just then we hear the pouring of rain on the car.

"Aah not this again." I said literally being tired of rain. Even Eros doesn't like it anymore, or so he states.

"It's not that bad actually. I am liking it after a long time." Eros said opening the window a bit and taking a deep breath.

"And what so suddenly changed your perception?" I asked even though I think I already knew the answer.

"It's just beautiful. How the rain can bring sunshine to her face." Eros said closing his eyes and resting his head on the seat.

I smirked, knowing very well, who this 'she' is.

"Walking down the lane, the clouds showered.
Running in the rain, I cursed under the breath.
I always hated the rain, to myself I chanted.
When I waited for the sun, you happened to occur.
Standing in the downpour, you smiled like a manic naive.
Frown flushing on my face, I stood behind you.
I tapped your hand and you gently held mine in yours.
Not having any clue, we let our feet move.
We danced to an unknown humming, often blinded by the tall streetlights.
The busy streets were long forgotten, we named them our own stage.
Flinching by the thunder, only laughter was heard.
Slowly when the foggy air faded, the sun shined again.
Leaving my hand you said you have to go.
Waving at me, you said, you've always loved the rain."

Deep shit!

I looked at Eros, this man still staying in the same position even after saying those lines.

Arya's effect has been working a bit too much on him lately. And it's nothing but amazing.

xxx

As soon as I heard the door bell, I quickly ran towards the door to greet the person, but was soon engulfed in a tight hug, a head on my stomach.

I froze for a moment but then hugged back, my arms going around the person's neck.

I kissed a few hair strands on her head and broke the hug.

Green eyes, a shade lighter than Kate's met mine.

"Hey Eros." She said smiling, showing her cute little dimple.

Moon has dimples too.

"Hey kiddo. How have you been?"

"Good. What about you? I see you have gotten more muscles than before."

I chuckled.
Lily and her obsession with muscles.

"Yeah, have been working out lately. Also I see you have grown up alot."

And have started resembling her even more.

Their eyes being the exception.
Though both had green eyes, Lily have more of emrald green eyes.
On the other hand Kate eyes resembled more of forest colour.
I remember reading few lines written by 'Julie Martinez'.

I don't think I could
Even understand how
Someone could get lost in a Forest,
Until I saw your eyes.
Because in your eyes, I
Saw the colour of the leaves,
The very hue of life.

In your eyes, I saw a speck of the
Sun beaming in the sky, and in
Your eyes, I learned how
It was possible to get so very
Lost in a forest of green.

"Mom said I look alot like her now. You think so too, don't you?" Lily said bringing me out of my trance.

I gave her a tight lipped smile and took her hand to bring her inside.

"Where is Iyan?"

"He said he was sorry and he will meet you tomorrow. He had some meetings today."

"It's alright. I understand his problem. It's always like this."

"Go wash your face and hands, I have made you pancakes with strawberry syrup."

"Really! Oh how I missed your pancakes. I'll be back." She said running away.

"Careful. Don't hurt yourself." I said chuckling.

Lily completed the space of sister in my life. Kate and I used to take her to different places when we were together.

Now that I think about it, I realised how lucky I had been to have these people in my life.

After her death, all I used to think was how my life was meaningless and how badly I treated everyone that cared for me.

I took all these people, my own people, for granted.
Dada, Iyan and Lily too.

I opened the drawer in the living room and took out my dairy, the one that I haven't touched for past two years.

I took a deep breath and opened a fresh page where I started writing a new poem, feeling like I am having a rebirth.

Lost in the darkness, I didn't really care,
About all these loving people, I wasn't aware.
But then, just like the moon, you appeared from somewhere,
Lightning up my world, despite of all your despair.
I used to believe, I cannot repair,
But I think you are the answer to my prayer.

"Who are you writing about?" I heard a voice from behind me.

Quickly closing the book I stood up.

"Nobody." I said but Lily narrowed her eyes at me.

"Let's go already, the pancakes are waiting." I said changing the topic and going towards the kitchen.

We had pancakes, and Lily told me about her experiences in freshman year. From boys, friends, bullys, studies to her favourite rom-com movies, she told me everything.

After few hours I brought Lily's bags to the guest room. She wanted to stay at the nearby hotel, but I refused. It's not only mine but her sister's home too.

"Okay now the main reason why I actually came here." Lily said walking towards her suitcase.

"I thought you were here to meet me."
I said with a pinge of hurt.

"Ofcourse I am Eros. But I also wanted to show you somethings."

Confused I walked towards her and she took out a huge wooden box from her luggage. The wooden box was beautifully decorated with small mirrors formed in a flowery pattern. Red, blue and yellow colours painted beautifully on it.

Seems like something Kate would own.

"It's of Kate. I found it a few weeks back, in the locker of mom's almirah. All the prized possessions of Kate are in this. I just felt like I should bring them to you. Maybe you could also walk down the memory lane."

I looked at the box.

All the prized possessions of my Kate.
Do I really want to see them now? I do.
But I want someone else to see them too.

Lily was about to open it, but I stopped her half way by holding her hand.

"Not here. We need to take it to somewhere. There is one more person that should see them."

Lily looked at me blankly.

"Is it the girl who picked up your phone?" She asked making me a bit taken aback by her sudden question.

"Ye-yeah."

"Who is she?"

"She umm...she is my project partener. She had an accident and I went to see her. I forgot my phone there."

Lily scoffed looking at the other side.

"I am not a stupid kid anymore Eros. I know you wouldn't want to show Kate's dear possessions to just a project partener of yours. And why would I want to show such close things to any random person."

"She is not some random girl Lily. She is writing my and Kate's story. I believe her seeing these things would be good for her. Also she is a great girl. You will love her. Meet her once atleast." I said and Lily continuously looked at me.

"Okay." She said getting up.

I got my bike keys, and helmets and started walking out too.

"Ofcourse she will be awesome. Otherwise how would have she entered his high walls." Lily whispered, more to herself.

Has Arya really broken into my walls?
The moon has definitely lighted some path in the darkness of my life.

xxx

As we entered Arya's room, I saw a peacefully sleeping Arya and a Rowan looking at her like a fucking creep.

"What the fuck are you doing, you jerk?!" I asked shouting at him.

"Jesus man you gave me a heartattack. Speak slowly you will wake her up." He whispered yelled at me.

Arya started moving and slowly opened her eyes. She scrunched her nose and looked here and there, her honey eyes eventually meeting mine.

Her hair were untidily tied in a loose ponytail, strands of hair coming out here and there. Her eyes that were half closed, had dark bags under them, showing her messed up sleeping schedule. She reached for her specs and wore them again looking at me.

With that bandage, her small face looking nothing less than that of a baby's with huge specs.

She isn't perfect. But she is imperfectly incredible.

She broke our eye contact and looked at Lily.

Lily was looking at her with big eyes and mouth open.

"Ugh Arya meet Lily. You talked to her on call this afternoon. And Lily this is Arya, my... Project partener."

Arya looked at me again, but her eyes had different emotions now.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you. I am Lily, Kate's sister."

Arya looked at her again, but wasn't shocked. I think she guessed it already.
Instead she looked at her with...
Love?

"Hi Lily."

Lily went near her, and kept the flowers she brought with her.

"Get well soon Arya." Lily said smiling and Arya smiled at her too, but I could clearly see it being as real as vampires are.

I looked at Rowan, and an unruly urge to beat the shit out of him for looking at her arose inside me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Hazel went so I was here for Arya."

"You can leave then. I am here now." I said opening the door for him, all three of them looking at me.
Rowan stood up and went to hug Arya, but she stopped him.

"Please no hugs anymore. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight Rowan." Arya said and Rowan just wished her back pouting.

Haha.
Shove that up your ass.

He was about to leave and I smirked at him. He looked at me and winked.

I felt goosebumps running throughout my body. What the actual fuck!

Rowan left and I, after locking the door, sat on the end of the bed.

"Lily brought some Kate's things. I thought you should also see them. You would know more about her this way."

Arya looked between me and Lily.

"You guys would let me?" She asked looking at Lily.

Lily just smiled and nodded at her.

Lily took out that box and opened it.
Alot of things were kept in it.

First off, Lily took out the necklace, that I gave to Kate.
My mother's necklace.

"Eros gifted this to her." Lily said handing it to me and I looked at the necklace and held it tightly.

As precious as her.

I looked at Arya, and she was already looking at me, her eyes thankfully not holding any sympathy. Instead she was smiling at me.

Next there was the fairy tale book I gifted her.

"She used to recite it to me when we were younger. It was our favourite."

Arya held it, the smile still present there.

There were more things, bracelets, rings, Kate's favourite multicolored pen, her favourite scent and her few go to makeup items. Lily told about all of them.

The last thing that came out was a tiny half woven white sweater.
I held my breath and Lily looked at me. I shook my head indicating her to not say it, a deadly feeling sinking in my stomach.

"Ka-te made it herself. For her future kid. She made it white because she didn't want it to be gender associated." Lily said her voice breaking.

"It's..." Arya took the tiny sweater from her hand and admired it.

"Mesmerizing." I completed her sentence and her eyes met mine.

She had water filled in her eyes, and my vision blurred too. We heard sniffing sound from our side and we both saw Lily crying.

I hugged Lily and she cried hardly, hiding her face in my chest.

"I miss her Eros. I miss her alot." She said in between her cries.

"So do I Lily, so do I." I said closing my eyes tightly and when I opened them, I was directly met by the pair of eyes that were swirling with emotions.

But not a single emotion, not a single tear, not a sound came out of her mouth.

Her pain was horribly discreet and painfully silent, like blood oozing from a stitched wound.

After some time Lily cooled down and had a chat with Arya. I silently gazed at the girls, one who talked alot and the other, who was habitual of listening.

We bid our goodbyes when Hazel came back. Lily finally broke the silence when we reached home.

"She was nice. I liked her." Lily said and I looked at her with 'I told you' look.

"She also loves you." She said making me stop on my tracks.

"N-no she doesn't."

"Oh c'mon. Can't you see how her face lights up when she sees you? How she looks at you, when you aren't looking, as if you are a masterpiece." Lily said and walked inside her room, but I stood frozen on my spot.

"I'll sleep. You go ahead with your dinner. Goodnight dumb head." She said and closed the door.

************************************
I am not a poet guys, please adjust.

I hope you liked the chapter. Don't forget to vote.
Also on a scale of one to ten, how much you liked Lily? Tell me in the comment section.

Love.
~Nefeli

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

446 107 21
"Eros!" He stares at my hand on him, his eyebrows furrowing as he moves away from my touch. "Sorry?" he says blankly. I search his face, the wide smi...
36.5K 939 38
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
19K 4.8K 36
{A Nigerian Themed Novel😘} "You can't leave cause I have feelings for you!" I scream without thinking. My eyes widen and I draw my hands over my mo...
10.4K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...