Imperfectly Perfect (Naruto F...

By gaara119

Meet Fuzen Kanpeki. She leads a normal life. A student in the ninja academy at Konoha. A good student. A coup... More

Imperfectly Perfect (Naruto FanFic)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chpater Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Note
Sequel

Chapter Twenty Three

8.3K 528 136
By gaara119

I slumped tiredly on the inn's bed, breathing out a sigh of relief. It was done. I'd finished. I'd secured the business negotiations, exactly how father had ordered, and a week ahead of schedule. I'd done the impossible.

"Nice work, Fuzen," Kira nodded towards me as she changed into her sleeping clothes. "We should be able to leave tomorrow!" I smile in thanks before noticing a tattoo on her back.

"Stab me?" I question, confused.

"I thought it was funny," she shrugged.

"Yeah, until you actually do get stabbed, baka," Aki scoffed, appearing in the doorway. Kira pokes her tongue out, not bothered by the fact that she didn't have her shirt on yet.

She casually pulled the shirt over her head, asking, "So whatcha doing here?"

"Mm, Guerin wants to make sure you both know we're going to leave by ten tomorrow. So get to bed, baka," he ordered.

"Yeah, alright. See ya," she casually shut the door in his face.

"You to seem... Extremely comfortable with each other," I comment.

"Hm? You think so?" She asks.

I stare, deadpan. "Alright," I shrug, "Whatever. Goodnight, Kira."

"Night," she mumbled, flopping under the covers.

***

We'd run into a trap.

"Meh, just every day bandits. Hibiki, protect Fuzen," Guerin ordered, "Aki, Kira, with me."

A kunai is thrown straight towards me and I react, ready to block it. But my movement was unnecessary. The kunai stopped in midair and dropped to the ground as though it had hit a brick wall.

"Good work, Hibiki," Guerin grinned. "Let's go, kids!"

I stare at the area where the kunai bounced off, curious. Then I saw it.

Genius. A chakra wall somehow solidified. Hibiki must be a genius.

My head shoots up as I hear Aki cry out in pain. He limped back, Guerin and Kira covering him. I try to take a step forward, but a hand on my wrist stopped me. I glanced down, seeing Hibiki holding me back. At my questioning glance he simply shook his head, not allowing me to exit his cover.

Suddenly Kira and Aki were next to me, and Kira unceremoniously dumped him on the ground before turning to leave.

"Wait!" I cry out, "I can help!"

Kira glanced back. "No need," she responded, "They're just bandits. Anyways, don't you know my name had another meaning than the one I gave you?"

I stare I to her furiously angry eyes before she sprinted away, attacking the bandits with everything she had.

"Kira," I whispered, "Killer."

And she fought like a killer.

Sooner than I expected the fight was over. Aki had twisted his ankle, but otherwise there were no injuries.

"You guys were amazing," I complimented, "How'd did Hibiki do that, the chakra wall?"

"It's something only he can do, as far as I know," Guerin admits, "I've never seen anyone else who could."

"Amazing," I say again, "How isn't he a chunin yet?"

"Chunin?" Guerin asked, surprised, "He's a jonin!"

"What?" I gasp, "I thought he was still a genin! You said that Aki and Kira were both chunin, but you only said that Hibiki was an amazing ninja!"

"Well, he is an amazing ninja," Guerin shrugged.

"I just thought that because you didn't mention his rank but you mentioned Aki and Kira's, that meant he was still a genin," I explain.

"Never assume," Guerin replied. "Now let's hurry up. I'd like to get back to Konoha as soon as possible,"

***

We arrived at Konoha with no other issues.

"Thank you very much!" I bow, "I can make it to my house on my own."

"Alright, I'll go turn in the mission report," Guerin says, "Ja ne."

"Bye!" I wave again before hurrying home.

I had a meeting with father to get to.

***

"Father," I greet with a bowed head.

"I do hope you have good news for me, Imperfect," father said.

I nod, knees already aching from kneeling on the floor. "Of course, father," I nod, procuring the new business contract.

I went over the entire contact, relaying the entirety of the negotiations step by step. Father was silent the entire time, making the nerves in the out of my stomach grow more and more.

Finally I fall silent, eyes downcast as I wait for him to say something. I hear him stand and I try not to flinch, wondering what mistake he would find.

He settles his hand on the top of my head. "Good work, Fuzen," he praised, "You obtained every single goal I set out for this contract. Good work."

I stare in shock at the ground, eyes widening. He was... Proud? An unfamiliar glow appeared in my stomach, a happiness I'd never felt before.

"You may have done well, but don't disappoint me, Fuzen," he ordered.

"Yes, father!" I exclaimed happily.

"Dismissed," he allowed me to leave.

I jump to my feet and hurry out the door, a blinding smile on my face. "Don't mess this up," I mutter to myself, "Don't mess this up."

I hurry around a corner, slamming into someone.

"Ow!" I exclaim, and the person grabs me just before I fell.

I glance up. "Onii-san--!" I exclaim before she draws me into a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay," she breathed.

"Me? You were on a month long mission! How are you?!"

"It's, it's just, I came home and you weren't there," she choked out, "I came home and you weren't here."

"Onii-san," I whisper, worried, "I'm okay."

"Imoto," she says quietly, leaning her face down into my shoulder, "The chunin exams are so dangerous and I was so worried and then father said he'd sent you out on a business negotiation on your own and I was just--" she cut herself off with a shaky breath, "You're okay. You're okay, right?"

"Yes, Onii-san!" I laugh slightly, "You worry too much!"

She laughs slightly and releases me, ruffling my hair. "And you don't worry enough," she responds. "I heard that your team was one of the first to get out of the forest! Nice job!"

"Yeah," I grinned, then faltered slightly, "But I lost my fight in the prelims."

"That's too bad," Hideaki said, "Are you going to go cheer your teammates on tomorrow?"

"The tournaments tomorrow?" I gasp.

"Yeah."

"I totally forgot! Of course I'm going!" I grin.

"You seem happy," she comments, "Did the negotiations go well?"

"Yeah," I say, "I did exactly as father asked."

"Good job," Hideaki smiles, though she looked a little sad.

"And you? Did your mission go well?"

"Hm? Oh yeah, it was fine," she waved me off. "Hey, do you want to train a little? I have all of today off!"

"Really? Yes!"

"Alright, go get dressed for training then," Hideaki laughs, "Hurry up!"

"Hai!" I say happily before rushing off.

I was home. Father was proud. Sister was here. She had time to spend with me.

Life was good.

___________________________

I know it's short, but it's an update!

Yeeeeaaah.

PLEASE COMMENT! COMMENTS MAKE ME UPDATE FASTER!

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 11.5K 66
Mother is dead. Father is dead. Rin, Obito. Almost eveyone I love and get close to are dead or I bet will die soon enough, leaving me all alone. *S M...
19.4K 360 12
Naruto is a sweet and obnoxious young boy, always laughing and goofing off. At least that's what people see anyways. But inside he's really hurting...
169K 5.2K 30
Sakura is a medical ninja, daughter of the rich clan Haruno who grew up at her parents home, outside the village. When she turns 18, her father and t...
8.2K 233 25
❝𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥?❞ ╰┈➤ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 a girl who has grown up under cold eyes an...