Wild As They Come -

Autorstwa ScrappedKnees

Some would say Dallas Winston is as wild as they come, and most would be right. But when Ponyboy starts hangi... Więcej

Ch.1 Leather Jackets & Sleeveless Shirts
Ch. 3 Winter Days & Warm Cuddles
Ch. 4 Anger & Borrowed Cars
Ch 5. Windrixville & Weekend Rental
Ch.6 Night Terrors & Moms Recipe
Ch.7 Weekends End & School Days
Ch.8 The Road So Far
Ch. 9 Confessions & T.V. Movies

Ch.2 Busted Lips & Faking It

903 14 10
Autorstwa ScrappedKnees

The two greasers managed to sit half way through the movie before the urge to break something got too great. So with finished concessions they made their way out the drive in the same way that had entered, through the hole in the fence.

Slipping his arms through the arms of the jacket Ponyboy looked up at Dallas "So where's this fight you promised?"

"Eager for a fight huh? That's new, but it's over by Buck's I can rile a few dumb guys into a brawl no sweat" Placing his hands interlaced on the back of his head the brunett led the way, intriquiged by the way the normally goody two shoes Pony wasn't protesting about being near the bar he wasn't allowed.

Buck's was loud and packed as usual, staying on the porch like he was told Pony waited. Not long after two guys stumbled out followed by Dallas, both raring for a fight. A two on two clean fight. Looking at the men Pony knew they were part of Shepard's gang, but when the big one took a swing at him he ducked and swung back. Ignoring the protest of Dally telling him to take the smaller one.

Pony held no care for his own safety at the moment all he wanted to do was fight, bust some lips and get one in return. With the brawl getting off the porch and into the parking lot the four of them became a mess of limbs and blood. Someone lost a tooth somewhere in the fight, but the two greasers knew it had to be one of the others because when the fight finished the two still had all their teeth despite bloody smiles.

At the end the two from Shepard's gang had lost, probably two drunk to fight proper against the sober. A dirty tactic but nothing too bad. Dally had a bruise forming good on his left cheek, probably a few bruised ribs by tell of pain in his side but he had fought the smaller of the two. He also had a busted lip, Pony adoring a matching one. The auburn teen who had decided that the bigger one was his looked worse for wear. Hair out of its grease and a cut on his cheek from the guy's ring. His nose looked crooked but it wasn't broke so some force would put it back right. He was walking with a limp, favoring his right leg. It was a wonder to the two that neither had a black eye.

Holding his breath the younger let Dallas put his nose back right, letting out a shout at the pain it caused. Along with the shoulder that he'd popped outta place. With busted lips and knuckles the two made their way to the Curtis house where the older two were probably fussing something fierce because by the time the fight had ended it was nearing midnight and the movie was supposed to end at eleven.

The pair only knew the time because they had gone into Buck's to get some ice for their bruising. Buck had laughed at them and told them not to fight that hard next time, but that he had seen the fight through the window and if Pony ever wanted to fight like that again he was welcome over any time.

By the time Ponyboy and Dally had stepped onto the porch they could hear Darry shouting something fierce. With a quick goodbye to Dally who was already on his way to the gate, Ponyboy stepped inside.

Inside the door he was met with a shout from Darry and a tired comment from Soda.

"Where the hell have you been? Do you know what time it is?"

"I know Darry, it's midnight, can you quit your shoutin'? I think I got a concussion" Holding his head now that the adrenaline had fully worn off Pony looked away from the lights.

Crossing his arms the oldest Curtis sighed heavily "Great you've been in a fight. Been hangin' around with Dally haven't ya"

"So what if I have, sides it's not like you have time to hang with me" Turning to step around Darry he was stopped by the hand on his shoulder

"You know I have to work to pay these damn bills, you're job is to stay in school and outta trouble so you don't wind up in a boys home"

Shrugging off his hand Pony made his way to his and Soda's room. Realizing only then he still wore Dally's jacket. Letting the large leather fall from his shoulders he slung it over the back of the desk chair. Getting down to nothing but his boxers the tired teen slumped into bed, already half way to sleep by the time his middle brother came in from talking with Darry.

The next morning when he woke Ponyboy groaned, he felt every bruise and cut from that fight. Didn't regret it but he felt it. Sitting up he realized it was almost time for Soda to get up for work anyways so he threw a pillow at his brother's head before getting up. Trying to lay claim to the bathroom for a shower before Darry or any of the others who practically lived there could.

Grabbing clothes and a clean wash cloth he made his way to the bathroom and inside, locking the door before anyone could protest. The doors in this house almost never got locked unless someone wanted a private shower. And the front door had only been locked once, the day they had found out Mr and Mrs. Curtis had died.

Scrubbing at his hair with nothing but water Pony sighed, maybe he could bribe Dally into hanging out with him today so he wouldn't be cooped up in the house. Finishing his shower and actually using soap he stood in front of the mirror looking at the cut on his cheek from the night before. Knowing Steve would make a comment on it, probably Two-Bit too if he even spoke to him.

Dressing in a gray sweatshirt with the sleeves cut off and ripped up jeans, both hand me downs courtesy of Sodapop Curtis. Not caring to grease back his hair today he let it go not realising before how the ends curled a little bit. Stepping out of the bathroom with a shout of 'Bout Time' from Soda who rushed in to get his own shower.

Making his way to the kitchen he found Darry fully dressed and having a cup of coffee. Leaning against the counter next to him Pony found he couldn't quite make eye contact "I'm sorry bout my outburst last night, it wasn't right"

"No it wasn't, but I also shouldn't have snapped at who you're hanging with. I know Dallas is a no good thug, so do you, but I also know he won't get you in trouble with the law. He'd take the fall there"

Nodding slowly Pony pushed himself away from the counter, digging in the fridge for breakfast.

"I heard about how you told off Two-Bit last night, called him his given name too" Sipping his coffee before setting it down in the sink Darryl reached over and ruffled his kid brother's hair "Took guts to stand up to him, I'm proud. Though next time you wanna call him Keith make sure he don't fall flat on his face"

With that the eldest Curtis chuckled and stepped out of the kitchen and finished getting ready to leave for work.

Not even in the kitchen for a minute by himself before Steve walked in, probably looking for Soda. "Nice cut you got there kid, you get ina fight or somethin'?"

"So what if I did, nothin' new" Closing the fridge Pony leaned against it, crossing his arms.

"Nothin' new for us, for you Mr.Follow the Rules? Damn new, anywhere where's Soda?" Motioning for Pony to move so he could get into the fridge, letting him the younger Curtis moved to the table

"You're boyfriends in the shower, doors probably unlocked if you wanna go sit in and watch" That answer in any other household may seem mean but round here it was honest, and it wouldn't be the first time Steve and Soda did it either.

Deciding on chocolate cake for breakfast Pony took himself a slice and headed into the living room. Plopping down on the couch to eat, half way through his cake before none other than Dallas Winston walked in the front door and taking a seat right next to him.

Bout to speak up and ask Dal if he could bribe him into protecting him for the day the other spoke first "So Pony, what're we doing today?"

Sitting dumbfounded Pony shrugged "I don't know, I was thinkin' I'd probably go down to Dairy Queen, try to get something free or bum Soda for some money"

"Right then, grab ya coat. You'll catch your death if you continue goin' out without one" Standing as if he had just said the simplest thing in the world, Dally walked out the front door to wait on the porch.

Scrambling to grab his coat and put his plate in the sink Ponyboy followed, shrugging on the oversized brown leather jacket. Looking up at the brunette who just motioned for him to follow they started their walk to town.

"So I've been thinkin' Pony"

"Didn't know you could do that Dal, thought it was a forgien concept" The younger teen shot back at him in the pause.

Chuckling warmly his cold eyes that held hatred seeming to soften slightly "Nah quit that, I'm being serious. Socs have been followin' ya for the last week since the incident, but they finally left you lone yesterday."

"Will ya get to the point? We're almost there"

"So mouthy, but as I was sayin', they left you alone cause they thought you were mine. On that thought, let's fake date , yeah?"

Laughing out Pony jammed his hands into the pockets of the coat "Fake date? What is this a romance novel?"

"Quit laughin' I'm being serious" Holding open the door for him Dallas lead them to a table to talk before they got their food "As I was sayin' kid, it's fake datin' so if you don't like it ya can go with someone else. We just gotta make those dumb socs think we're going steady"

"Uh huh, Dally it's hard to believe you came up with this all on your own" Leaning back in the booth Pony looked over the brunett " 'Sides what's in it for you?"

"Gives me somethin' to do, someone to hang with" Standing he ran a hand through his own ungreased hair

"Just hangin' don't involve the level of contact goin' steady does, and if you're standin' to get us food I wanna chicken basket"

Rolling his head Dallas made his way up to the front counter to order, laughing at himself about the new level of sass Pony seemed to have picked up, or stopped hiding. All he knew was that it was amazing to see the kid outta his shell.

Leaning against the counter the brunette realized the younger never got a chance to get money from his brothers, laughing again to himself he dug into his pocket and paid for the meal. Thankful he had just done a rodeo for Buck and had the money to treat Pony, thinking to himself he'd have to do a lot more rodeos to get more money to do so.

Carrying the meals back to the booth he noticed that Ponyboy was sipping on a coke, a wide grin on his face. Rolling his eyes he set down the food, sliding into the booth "Where'd you get that soda from huh?"

"While you were oh so graciously spacin' out up there I went up to the lady and said you'd bought my soda and had forgotten to give us our cups. Yours is just waitin' to be filled"

Raising an eyebrow Dally looked over at the auburn teen sucking on his straw like an innocent angel "Who are you and what have you done with Pony? The little Curtis I know would neva have pulled a dirty greaser hood trick like that"

"You do remember I'ma grease too Dal? Been raised round y'all I might as well act like you guys too" Reaching over and salting his food he dug into his fries first.

Taking a bite of his barbeque sandwich the older teen couldn't help the laugh that left him. He could honestly never remember laughing as much as he did in the presence of Pony. But the kid who was a goody two shoes and a turtle in his shell had come out and is now sassy, quirky, unafraid to talk back or even put Two-Bit in his place.

"Oh and Dal, if this fake datin' thing is gonna work I'm need that ring you throw at all your broads"

"Hey now, If i'm datin' you, fake or not, you won't be my broad. You're my beau" Setting down his sandwich Dally slipped the stolen class ring off his finger and handed it over.

Putting it on the only finger that fit, which was his thumb Ponyboy leaned onto his hand, elbow resting on the table "Beau? You actually been readin'"

"Maybe I have, I can read ya know" The taller shot back, taking a bit of his sandwich.

"Uh huh, well after we eat we need to decide what's the terms of this datin' thing" Stuffing his mouth with fries Pony smiled lopsidedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Word Count - 2276

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

66.4K 1.6K 13
What if Darry never hit Ponyboy when he came home late? What if Darry never yelled at Ponyboy? What if Ponyboy went straight to bed with Soda? What i...
233K 4.2K 28
Y/n,'rebel' had just moved to tulsa Oklahoma with her best friend flake and flace and it started out good.Y/n had a terrible childhood and that got h...
139K 2.1K 51
Lust: it feels like love, until it's time to make sacrifices. Dallas Winston fanfic Content warning: 18+ Based off of The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
11.6K 182 15
~Dallas Winston (The Outsiders)~ Y/n Emerson is just your average 16 year old living in New York City, or at least that's what she tries to appear as...