The Billionaire's Love Conque...

By MsDreamerGirl84

Warning: Contains some mature scenes. (Highest Rating: #34) Excerpt: "Look, I know we had a bad s... More

WARNING!!!
Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1: Barcelona
Chapter 2: The Ball
Chapter 3: The First Day
Chapter 4: The Sports Fest
Chapter 5: Other Side of Me
Chapter 6: His Family
Chapter 7: The Race
Chapter 8: The Surprise Revelation
Chapter 9: The War
Chapter 10: Boyfriend
Chapter 11: Jealousy
Chapter 12: Rage
Chapter 13: Moment of Truth
Chapter 14: The CEO
Chapter 15: Plan
Chapter 16: Hot
Chapter 17: Stubborn
Chapter 18: Moving
Chapter 20: The Devil
Chapter 21: The Past
Chapter 22: Bar Hopping
Chapter 23: Game
Chapter 24: Giving Up
Chapter 25: Wedding
Chapter 26: Hot and Cold
Chapter 27: New Look And New Her
Chapter 28: Crashing Hearts
Chapter 29: True Love Has its ways
Chapter 30: Love Under One Roof
Chapter 31: Silent Proposal
Chapter 32: One True Love
Epilogue

Chapter 19: Work

53.8K 1.9K 21
By MsDreamerGirl84

"I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect."

― Amit Kalantri

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ....

..................................

Alex POV

Somewhere in Barcelona

I threw the food and wine in the trash bin along the sidewalk and fumingly walked to my car and sped off. I was gripping the steering wheel, and I didn't realize my speed is reaching 140 km/hr. I almost crashed into an SUV who just emerged from nowhere. Instinctively, I swerved to the other lane alarming the approaching car. The car promptly stopped with the tires screeching.

I heard him curse at me from his open window, giving me his middle finger. I drove away ignoring him furiously cursing me. My whole sanity was overruled with my jealousy and anger. I kept on driving, but now it's on minimum speed. I found myself pulling my car in the parking lot of the club I used to go since I came back from London.

Still fuming, I made my way to the entrance door. I know it's still early to have a drink, but I don't care. It looks like the bar was already filled with people who wants to just have fun. The bouncer knew me well so he welcomed me in without a hassle. I quickly made my way to the bar.

I ordered a Whisky to the bartender. He looks new. Since there's only a  few at the bar counter, I was attended quickly and soon I'm drinking my Whisky. Downing every single shot ignoring the burning sensations slithering down into my throat all the way down to my stomach.

I heard my phone ringing even with the loud music inside the club. People starting to pour in. Some ladies are openly flirting with me which is not surprising. Sometimes, I curse my genes. Since when an opposite sex denied my presence? Yes, there's only one who is immune to me. Nicki. And I can't even have her. The only woman I ever wanted, but I can't have. I downed another shot, and the burning sensation is not so much now.

I pulled my phone without bothering to check. "Alexander speaking," I began as soon as it connected.

"Hey baby, it's Annabel. Where the hell are you? I've been outside your door for five fucking minutes already!" she yelled. Why can't my heart learn to love her? She would do anything to please me. If I asked her to jump out of the building, for sure, she will. She doesn't look bad as well. She has nice curves with a big breast. "Where are you?" she repeated again when I didn't respond.

"La Espanya Club!" I uttered unconsciously. I was staring to a blonde blue eyed girl. She looks hot in her skimpy green sleeveless dress with a plunging neckline showing her big bosom. I realized I just told Annabel where am I.

Shit!

I turned back to the bartender and ask for more whiskey. Not long, I could see a blur on every corner of my vision and it seems like the glass were tipping. My head is starting to get heavy. Then, a tap in my shoulder made me stop to order another whiskey. I turned my head to see Annabel's hooded eyes.

"I'll take you home," she announced calmly. I didn't argue with her for the first time. I knew I can't drive myself back home.

*****

NIKKI POV

I was waiting for Alex to come back and I'm getting hungry but there's no sign of him. I was glad Michael and I are over. It was hard to admit it to him that I never loved him. I thought he won't take it lightly but I was surprised he was very cool about it. I've seen the hurt in his eyes but he didn't say anything. He knew it when he saw us and Alex, but he wanted to make sure.

He's in the airport right now. His flight is at eleven at night.

I decided to walk around the street and find a restaurant where I could eat before retiring for the night. I saw a McDonald nearby. It will do for tonight. I ordered a chicken burger combo.

Several minutes later, I was walking out the McDonald and walk along the pathway to my new place. I was close to my place when an Audi A4 pulled in front of the tall building, taller than my condo, caught my attention. It looks like the car that Rodrigo used when he came to pick me up. I stood there watching when I saw a beautiful girl came out of the car and then rounded the car hastily to the passenger side and assisted a guy that looks like in his drunk state.

"Oh, man and their drinks, " I mumbled to myself, shaking my head simultaneously. I was about to walk to the entrance door but the guy stood up giving me a full view of him.

Alexander?

My legs suddenly grew roots on the ground. I stood there frozen, watching as the guard came over to help her assist him. When the girl turned to give the key to the valet, it gave me a good view of her face and I instantly recognized her.

Annabel?

So it's true until now they are together. He might even propose anytime. Why then he is still clinging on me? Maybe he was challenged because I'm too immune to his charms. If he doesn't love her then he should have dated another girl. Annabel would not be in his life by now.

Now it's all clear to me. He loves Annabel that's why until now they are still together. I tried to take what I saw positively and planted it in my head that Alexander is just a bittersweet dream.

I felt the tears rolling over my cheeks unconsciously. I quickly wipe the tears that escaped from my eyes and held up my feelings. I rushed back inside my condo and headed straight to my bedroom. I sat on the edge of my bed in a state of oblivion. I stared at the balcony absentmindedly. All of a sudden, I felt numb all over me.

Am I living in the same fate as my mom? Living in pain watching their love ones being happy with another woman? Is that supposed to be my destiny? Just like my mom's fate?

How tragic!

No, I can't. I'm stronger than her. I will never be like her. I will forget this damn feeling for him. I will find a better man who will love me and whom I will love and share my life with. Yes, I promised that. with that, I stood up and walked to the washroom and decided to take a cold shower.

I know I'm lying to myself. I could feel that hurt of being betrayed again. The pain is indescribable. I don't know how long will it take me to forget him but I swear I will get over him.

*****

ALEX POV

I woke up with a heavy heart. I swung my legs out of the bed and I winced when I felt my head being pounded. Just as I walk to the washroom Annabel came out with just a towel around her body. I used to get a real hard-on whenever I see her with any skimpy fabric but for some reasons, since I met Nicki, I can't seem to appreciate any beauties in front of me.

Shit!

I remember the cause of my drunkenness. It's going to be a long day. I checked on the time it's 10 AM. I'm very late to work.

Without bothering to look at Anna, I walk to the washroom. I'm just glad she didn't say anything. I took a shower as quickly as possible and get change.

When I walk out of my bedroom, I saw Anna in the kitchen making some breakfast I believe while she's humming. I called Rodrigo.

"I'm going to work. I'll be down in two minutes." I ordered curtly.

"Waiting, Sir," he replied with his professional tone.

I was about to walk out the door when Annabel saw me. Her lips were slowly thinning in annoyance.

"I made breakfast. Can't you have some before you go to work?" she asked in her forced cheerful tone trying to hide her annoyance.

"I had to be at work soon, I'm already late. I need to meet some investor, too. Have a nice day, Annabel!" I explained dismissively, not waiting for her reply and closed the door behind me.

I was glad the elevator didn't stop every floor. Shortly, I was walking out of the lobby to the exit door. I saw Rodrigo with my Audi A4 along the side of the road. He opened the rear door once I came into view.

"Good morning, Mr. Morrison. How do you do this morning?" Rodrigo asked with enthusiasm. I know he knew what happened last night.

"A bit of a headache but nothing that I couldn't handle," I replied casually. When he started the engine I found my eyes looking at Nikki's place hoping I could see a glimpse of her. She must be still sleeping.

Rodrigo pulled over the busy street right in front of the CMM building and he hurriedly opened my door and soon I'm walking to the lobby. I know I'm wearing my signature brooding face. Everyone was scrambling on their feet farther away from me.

I took the elevator, as usual, alone. Nobody wants to get close to me which I don't really care and I thought was better.

I got to my office and I saw stacks of folders piled up on my desk. I saw Alana quickly got on her feet walking closer to me.

"G-good morning, Mr. Morrison. I p-put all the contracts in your desk that need your signature for this week," she announced warily, trying to act casual but her voice betrayed her.

I just nod and walked passed her to my desk. I heard the door click and Alana is gone. I turned my computer on and started reading my emails. Mostly an update of the development of the Rivas hotels abroad.

I shifted my attention onto the documents, contracts in front of me trying to put the thoughts of Nikki aside, in my head. Soon, I was transfixed in making connotations. A lot of crumpled papers was on the floor if the contracts don't meet my standard. Just a few were signed. I was peeved with the failures of my management team. I don't know what they did but I felt they failed me. I could feel my temper flaring up.

"ALANA!!!" My voice thundered around the confined room.

Alana walks in my office apprehensively. She looks like she will run anytime. "Ye-yes, M-Mr. M-Morrison," she stuttered.

"Take this and start revising these contracts," I commanded icily my eyes was hooded with extreme annoyance. With trembling hands she took the papers. I got annoyed when some papers drop on the floor. She quickly picks them up anxiously. "For God's sake Alana, I'M NOT GOING TO EAT YOU!" I yelled harshly. She looks like she's going to collapse.

"I-I'm s-so s-sorry, s-sir," her stuttering became prominent with a shaky voice and scrambles out of the door.

I leaned on my desk as I heaved a frustrated sigh. After like a decade Alana came in again with a few folders and her eyes looks puffy. She must have been crying. "Put it on my table," I said softly without bothering to change my position. Then, she walked to the door.

"Is there anything that's bothering you, Alana?" I asked unconsciously. I sit upright and watched her, sizing her up like a prey. She stops halfway to the door and turned to face me, still looking apprehensively. Hand clasping together. She looks like she's trying to act casual but I can read her actions. Something is definitely wrong.

"N-nothing, sir!" she replied, her voice faltered.

I raise my eyebrow with my eyes trained on her, deeply unconvinced. She has to try harder. "My mother is in the hospital, she had a heart attack, sir." Finally, she blurted out and started to cry. I know her dad died when she was 15. With just her and a brother was left. Her brother is a marine and for sure he's halfway the globe. They lived in Portugal.

"You wanted a leave?" I asked but I knew she needed it to take care of her mother.

"I know I just started last year, sir. If you need me, I can stay," she reluctantly said.

"No. You can pack and leave now if you want Alana. You can have a month to stay with your Mom. I'll call Rodrigo to drive you to your place." I stated calmly.

She looks at me surprised. Her eyes widened, dumbfounded. She can't believe I just said that, and it's starting to irritate me. Am I that too bad?

"Thank you, sir," a genuine smile broke out of her lips with her eyes shining brightly. Suddenly, her eyebrows furrowed, "but who's going to take my place, sir?" she asked curiously.

"I'll take care of it," I replied nonchalantly, waving off my hand.

"Thank you again, Mr. Morrison!" she smiled and quickly left the door.

As soon as the door closes, I called Rodrigo to drive Alana to her place then go and pick Nikki. She will be my assistant while Alana is on leave. A good start for her. The thought starting to excites me. I can't wait to work with her. I guess it's time to know the truth. I'll make her jealous.

I dialed Nikki's number. After several rings, "Nikki's speaking," she responded groggily.

"You just woke up?" I exclaimed in utter disbelief. I checked the time it's almost 1 PM. Which made me remember I had to eat.

"Why? I don't have work so I can sleep in," she snapped. I remember that Michael was with her, last night. The thought of her and him stayed too late that's why she sleep in made my blood boil in jealousy.

"Get ready and Rodrigo will come and pick you up!" I grumbled unconsciously.

"Why? Isn't Alana working with you?" she asked curiously ignoring my grumpy voice I just used.

"She's on leave. And I hate questions, Ms. Rivas! I'm not paying you for nothing. Get your fucking ass here in an hour!" I demanded icily then slammed the phone on its receiver. I know I uttered her harsh words, but my jealousy gets the best of me.

I turned the computer off and snatch my coat from the back of my chair and put it on. I will just walk onto the diner just opposite the building. I am so hungry. I'm glad the headache is gone, but the heartache was still there and I hate to acknowledge it, I'm hurting because of love.

Fuck!

I'm not going to live like my dad! Although they both happily living together now, but still the scars mom left was still there, incurable.

*****

NIKKI POV

"I hate you, Alexander Morrison!" I screamed as I got up from my comfortable bed. For the first time in my life, I slept longer. But that beast just knows when to interrupt my peacefulness. Then again, a picture of her and Annabel flashed through my head from last night.

"Argh..." I grunted. "He said he's gonna come back but he forgot me when that Annabel came." I fucking hate you, Morrison." I grumbled under my throat. I lazily dragged myself to the washroom and had a shower. I heard my tummy growled. I need to do some shopping to have some food for the rest of the week.

I quickly dried my hair and body and pulled a yellow plaid three-fourth sleeve a bit below the thigh, paired it with a yellow pointed toe pumps. I just curled my hair and let it hang loosely around my shoulders and back. I just put a light make up on. A mascara to define my long lashes, then I applied a lip gloss to my already pink lips.

When I'm satisfied, I grab a white MK purse and stuffed my phones, keys, and a pouch where all my lipgloss, mascara, powder and blush on was kept in case of emergency.

I head out to my kitchen and made a coffee. I pour it on my coffee thermos mug to bring it to the office. I need caffeine to relax my muscles otherwise, I will find myself giving that devil a roundhouse kick when I get really angry. And he does really know when to push my button, that dick-headed beast!

I just closed the lid of the medium size thermos mug when I heard a knock from my door. I believe it's Rodrigo.

I snatch my white MK purse from the couch and slung it on my inner elbow holding the thermos mug in the same hand and my other hand holding the keys. I opened the door and I saw Rodrigo stood there like a frozen army.

"Good Morning, Ms. Nikki!" he greeted me politely with his straight face and momentarily bowed slightly.

"Good morning too, Rodrigo!" I smiled sweetly then I locked the door. We both walked to the elevator. Minutes later, we are both walking to the Audi A4 parked along the side of the road. He opened the door for me and I thanked him which he just nod in response.

After like centuries, finally, the car pulled over in front of the glass-walled edifice. Rodrigo quickly opened the door for me before I even touch it. I was impressed.

I thanked him and started walking to the entrance door. The same guard I saw yesterday. He opened the door for me and smiled warily. I ignored it, giving him a sweet smile as I walk to the elevator where two ladies were waiting, too.

They look shorter beside me. They were looking at me intimidated. I knew too well that kind of stares. I smiled to warm them up. Then, they smiled back.

Not long, the elevator door slides open. I let the two walk in first before I stepped in punching the CEO button. I haven't seen any elevator that has CEO button before.

It was so quiet in the elevator. I can't contain it, I broke the silence.

"Are you two working here?" I asked as I face them both. Then, I realized, I felt stupid for asking a stupid question.

Duh! Of course, they are!

"Yes," they said in unison with their cheerful voice.

"I'm Cara Nicole Rivas, or call me Nicki!" I introduced as I stretched out my hand.

"Katy Perez," the raven haired girl replied as she took my hand with her sweet smile glued on her cheeky face.

"Camilla Miguel," the brown haired smiled as we handshake as well.

Katy was about to say something when the elevator dinged showing the 22nd floor where the two stopping.

"I'll see you around girls," I smiled as I wave to them and they took off. waving back to me as they replied in unison. "Yeah."

The elevator door closes again and it started moving up. The elevator jolted to stop and dinged. I stepped out of the elevator as soon as the door slides open and headed to his office.

I reached his office door passing the empty cubicle where Alana work all the time. The whole room was like made with glass. From where I stood, I could see the overlooking panoramic view of the heart of Barcelona. Only the walls that dividing the rooms of the whole top floor that was made with wood and painted white. Everything is color coordinated and it screams elegance and luxury.

I was standing in front of his door with the metal sign that says "Executive Office". I knocked on the door and I heard a growling voice. "COME IN!"

I walked in and saw him and Annabel in a compromising position.

Really?

*****

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE OR LEAVE YOUR COMMENT.

THANK YOU ALL READERS!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 161 18
I tried to ignore them as he whispered seriously, "Eyes on me baby." FUCK IT!!! THOSEEEEE BUTTEERRFFLLIIEESS!!!! 'I know he is flirting, he gotta be...
72.2K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...
730K 7K 16
Through the door came my nightmare in human form. I watched as he strode in with his demeaning confidence that suffocated the room. It was second nat...
437K 17.4K 43
Highest ranked- #10 in action 2/16/2017 A promotion. That's all I wanted. I didn't want to run for my life. I didn't want to be kidnapped...