The Red Petals Awards(Judging)

By crystalsnowpiper

Welcome fellow readers and writers to the Red Petal Awards! Are you feeling your books aren't getting enough... More

Welcome
Rules And Payments
Prizes
Tag Fest
Forms
BTS Ships Official List (Full)
Idol×Reader Official List (Full)
Oneshots / Short Stories Official List (Full)
ANNOUNCEMENT 1
ANNOUNCEMENT 2
ANNOUNCEMENT 3
Idol × Reader Results
Oneshots/Short Stories Results
Oneshots/Short Stories Reviews
Ships Results
Ships Reviews
ANNOUNCEMENT 4

Idol × Reader Reviews

151 17 14
By crystalsnowpiper

Judge: -Tigers_Girl7

Author: _mikromosmos_

Book: Justin

Cover: (4/5) I really loved your cover. It represents the plot and story really well. I just think that the title should have been more prominent.

Title: (5/5) It's really nice. It matches with the story well. After reading the title and seeing the cover, people will easily get attracted to the book. 

Blurb: (5/5) It's interesting. It encourages the reader to read further. And also renaming Jungkook as Justin just adds to the curiosity. It also makes the reader think that something bad will happen.

Pace: (4/5) The pace is nice and slow. It's easy to understand. You have not rushed anything. The chapters are also long. But it's not too long. I liked that you kept the length of chapters long but not very long.

Plot: (20/20) The plot is awesome. It's unique and not clique. You really have a creative mind. It keeps the reader interested. You displayed the characters really well.

Character Development: (12/15) As I mentioned before you displayed the characters really well. The introduction to the characters was not rushed and it helped in understanding the characters.

Grammar: (19/20) As far as I read, there were no noticeable grammatical errors. Seems like you really paid attention while writing. Keep it up.

Writing style: (14/15) I expect the writing style to be flowy and understandable. Your style was the same. You made sure that the reader was curious and not confused. It's really praiseworthy.

Overall enjoyment: (9/10) I really enjoyed your book. From start to end it was interesting. 

Total: 92

_______

Author: Pviscelle
Book: Your Devil: A Doomed Catastrophe

Cover: (3/5) The cover is good but it would be good if you added some things or filters it would have been good. 

Title: (4/5) The title suits the book. It's interesting. As a reader I would definitely read the book just by the title. It's not unique but it's good.

Blurb: (5/5) The blurb is really good! I loved it. It really urges the reader to read further. You really wrote a beautiful blurb.

Pace: (4/5) The pace is amazing. It's slow and nice. It definitely helped me to understand it. The chapters are also of the exact length.

Plot: (17/20) The plot is good. It was creative and nice. You seem to know what the reader wants and deliver it.

Character Development: (12/15) I loved the characters. I also liked how you dedicated a whole chapter to characters. It helps the reader a lot.

Grammar: (18/20) Your grammar is really good. I can see that you spent time making sure that there are minimum mistakes.

Writing Style: (14/15) Your writing style is amazing. It's so good. It just adds to the whole thing. As I mentioned before, you know the reader and write according to that.

Overall enjoyment: (8/10) I enjoyed reading the book. I don't really have anything else to say. Just keep it up.

Total: 85

______

Book: Dear Diary
Author: kim_cherry_madhatter

Cover: (4/5) The cover is really beautiful. I loved the quote you added. It's very eye catching. It represents the plot and story really well.

Title: (5/5 Just like the cover, the title is also eye catching. It suits the story well. People will surely be attracted. 

Blurb: 4/5 The blurb is just awesome! I loved it. It really hooks the reader to the story. You introduced the characters without exposing anything.

Pace: 4/5 The pace is good and slow.The chapters are also nice and long. It's not confusing.

Plot: 18/20 The plot was interesting. It was really good! You have a very creative mind. the plot was interesting and intriguing.

Character Development: 14/15 The characters were amazing. You portrayed them so well.Sometimes a writer can't show a character the way he imagined it. But you definitely portrayed them well.

Grammar: 17/20 As far as I can see, there aren't any grammatical errors to be corrected. I am very happy to judge your book as I rarely come across books which contain negligible grammatical mistakes.

Writing Style (15/15):- Your writing style is the main aspect that makes the story praiseworthy.

Overall enjoyment: (9/10) I really enjoyed reading and judging your book. It was really a pleasure. Keep it up!

Total: 90

______

Book: Save Me
Author: Dragon_Kitara

Cover: (5/5) The cover is just so amazing. I loved it. It's so eye-catching and beautiful. The reader would definitely want to read the book just by the cover.

Title: (5/5) The title really suits the book. It's simple but perfect for the story. It's eye-catching as well.

Blurb: (4/5) The blurb is just awesome! I loved it. It really hooks the reader to the story. You introduced the characters without exposing anything. 

Pace: (5/5) The pace is so nice and slow. It's not fast and doesn't confuse the reader. I loved how you added a banner at the start of the chapter.

Plot: (20/20) The plot is so unique! I loved it. You have a very creative mind and I loved how you displayed each character just as it should be. The plot was very organized and systematic.

Character Development: (14/15) I loved the characters. As I mentioned before, they were as they needed to be.

Grammar: (15/15) As far as I can see, there aren't any grammatical errors to be corrected. I am very happy to judge your book as I rarely come across books which contain negligible grammatical mistakes

Writing style: (15/15) Your writing style is the main thing which makes the whole experience special. Your style is amazing. You used the different fonts and styles nicely.

Overall enjoyment: (10/10) I loved reading your book. Honestly, you kept me wondering how a book can be so beautiful!

Total: 93

______

Book: Let Go
Author: -snowine

Cover: (3/5) The cover is good. But I would have loved it if Taehyung was more highlighted. But I liked how you added the quote which the book is based on

Title: (4/5) The title is nice and suits the story. The title is eye-catching and creative. 

Blurb: (4/5) The blurb is so good and nice. I loved it. It was amazing. I loved how you added some quotes.

Pace: (4/5) The pace is good and slow. I would suggest making the chapters a little bit longer. It would be interesting to the reader.

Plot: (19/20) The plot is good and unique. I loved it. You certainly have a creative mind. 

Character Development: (13/15) The characters were so good. They were depicted perfectly. They were explained nicely.

Grammar: (17/20) The grammar is good. I hardly came across any mistakes in the book. You certainly took time and edited it well.

Writing Style: (13/15) Your writing style is really good! I loved it. It makes the book even more special.

Overall enjoyment: (8/10) It was so mesmerizing and along with your writing skills it just remains etched in the minds of readers. Keep it up!

Total: 85

_____

Book: Promise kept right
Author: Gukmajins

Cover: (4/5) The cover is really beautiful. It's eye-catching and interesting. You also highlighted the title really well.

Title: (5/5) The title is so beautiful. I loved it. Honestly, just reading the title would make me read the book.

Blurb: (3/5) The title was short but nice. I think you should include a bit more. Otherwise, it was nice.

Pace: (5/5) The pace was really good. You didn't confuse the reader. The chapters were also long and nice.

Plot: (18/20) The plot was interesting. It was really good! You have a very creative mind. The plot was interesting and intriguing.

Character Development: (13/15) The characters were represented really well. I liked it. I would suggest doing a chapter and introducing the characters better.

 Grammar: (18/20) The grammar was good. I liked that there were hardly any mistakes there.

Writing style: (13/15) The writing style was really good. I liked that you added a banner at the end of the chapter. The chapters were nice and long. 

Overall enjoyment: (8/10) I enjoyed reading and judging your book. It was clear that you know what the reader wants and you definitely deliver that. 

Total: 87

_______

Book: Destiny
Author: Newsummergirl

Cover: (4/5) The cover is really beautiful. I loved it. It highlights the title well. I just suggest that maybe Namjoon should have covered more parts.

Title: (5/5) The title is nice and cool. It suits the story really well. I loved it. It's not unique but it's perfect for the book.

Blurb: (4/5) The blurb is just awesome! It makes the reader want to read more and more books. 

Pace: (3/5) The pace is nice and slow. The chapters are also nice and long. It's not confusing. 

Plot: (19/20) The plot is amazing. It's unique. It's interesting. It was organized and systematic.I loved your creative mind.

Character Development: (14/15) The characters were amazing. You portrayed them so well.Sometimes a writer can't show a character the way he imagined it. But you definitely portrayed them well.

Grammar: (18/20) The grammar was good. I hardly noticed anything. I really enjoyed reading and judging it.

Writing style: (14/15) Your writing style is amazing. You described things so well that it was really easy to imagine so well done!

Overall enjoyment: (8/10) I really enjoyed reading your book! It was fun to do it. It was mesmerizing. Keep it up!

Total: 89

_______

Book: I can die for this love
Author: Cool_Summer29

Cover: (4/5) The cover is really beautiful! I loved it. I also loved the quote you added to the cover. 

Title: (4/5) The title is also very eye-catching. It suits the story well. It's beautiful and nice! I loved it.

Blurb: (5/5) The blurb was so beautiful and heart wrenching. I loved it. Someone would surely want to read the book further.

Pace: (4/5) The pace is good. It was easy to understand. You didn't rush anything. I loved it. I also loved how you made a trailer for your book.

Plot: (18/20) The plot was so amazing. It was unique and hooked you. It was creative and beautiful. Congrats on your creative mind.

Character Development: (14/15) The character development was just perfect. You portrayed the characters really well. 

Grammar: (17/20) As far as I can see, there aren't any grammatical errors to be corrected. I am very happy to judge your book as I rarely come across books which contain negligible grammatical mistakes.

Writing style: (14/15) Your writing style is just amazing. It makes the whole experience so special. I literally have no words to describe it.

Overall enjoyment: (8/10) I enjoyed the book from start to end. It was just mesmerizing. I loved it. Keep it up!

Total: 88

_______

Book: The Mute Prince
Author:  _Taehyungshi_95_

Cover: (5/5) The cover is just beautiful and eye-catching. I love it. It matches with the story well.

Title: (5/5) Just like the cover, the title is also eye-catching. It's just perfect for the story. It's also very unique.

Blurb: (4/5) The blurb is very cool. It's just perfect. It's so good. The blurb was also written beautifully. It too didn't give too much or too little of the content of the book.

Pace: (4/5) The pace was nice and slow. It was good. For a plot like this, I expect the pace to be nice and slow and it was the same.

Plot: (19/20) The plot was nice and unique. I loved it. It was really creative. The plot was very organized and systematic. I loved the trailer you made of the story. It's so fabulous and edited too well to be precise.

Character Development: (13/15) The characters were developed really well. They were amazing and just like they needed to be.

Grammar: (19/20) As far as I read, there were no grammatical errors. I loved reading it. You really took time and made sure there were no mistakes.

Writing Style (15/15):- Your writing style is the main aspect that makes the story praiseworthy. 

Overall enjoyment: (7/10) I enjoyed reading the book. It really hooked me. It was amazing. it just remains etched in the minds of readers. Keep it up!

Total: 91

_______

Book: Masterpiece
Author: ASG_JK

Cover: (5/5) The cover is so beautiful! It's very eye-catching and attractive. Only the title should be a little bigger.

Title: (4/5) Just like the cover the title is also eye-catching. It fits with the plot. It's unique and beautiful. 

Blurb: (4/5) The blurb is superb. It's so aesthetic. It describes the story without giving away much. 

Pace: (3/5) The pace was good. I loved how you added a song to match with the chapter.It gives the reader a preview of what will happen in the chapter.

Plot: (19/20) The plot was good and unique. I loved it. It was very creative. It was organized and systematic.

Character Development: (15/15) The characters were so good. They were interesting. They seemed real and not fake.

Grammar: (19/20) As far as I can see, there aren't any grammatical errors to be corrected. I am very happy to judge your book as I rarely come across books which contain negligible grammatical mistakes.

Writing Style: (13/15) Your writing style is amazing. It's so beautiful. It's mesmerizing. It just adds to the whole experience.

Overall enjoyment: (9/10) I really enjoyed reading and judging your book. It was really a pleasure. Keep it up!

Total: 91

________

Book: Fake Nerd
Author: sparkles_shimmer

Cover: (4/5) The cover is really awesome. It's so beautiful. I suggest that the title should have been in a different color.

Title: (5/5) The title is eye-catching and matches with the story well. It's creative. It's so beautiful. I loved it.

Blurb: (3/5) The blurb is really nice and cool. It describes the story without giving away much. It's beautiful.

Pace: (4/5) The pace is good. I loved how you gave an introduction to the characters. I liked that you added a banner at the start of the chapter.

Plot: (18/20) The plot is mesmerizing. It's beautiful and unique. It's also creative. I loved your creative mind. 

Character Development: (13/15) The characters were just as they needed to be. They suited the story. They seemed real and not fake. You made the reader feel as if they were a part of the story.

Grammar: (18/20) As far as I read, there were no noticeable grammatical errors. Seems like you really paid attention while writing. Keep it up.

Writing Style: (13/15) Your writing style is really good. It's elegant and beautiful. Your writing style is the main aspect that makes the story praiseworthy. 

Overall enjoyment: (10/10) I really, really enjoyed the book. It was perfect. It was mesmerizing. It was really cool. 

Total: 88

_______

Judge: _Scarlet_Black_

Book: Parallel Universe
Author- Iamarmylala

Cover- (8/10) The cover was really good, it was clean and not messy. However some insights or quotes with reference to the story could have made it more attractive.

Title- (10/10) The title matched with the story perfectly. It gave the real theme of the book as well as the story.

Blurb- (9/10) The blurb was well written. It provided a small glimpse of the story without many spoilers, making the readers really curious about the story.

Pace- (7/10) The pace was a bit fast when the plot changed. The author could have added more description about the characters in that point. Elsewhere, the pace was maintained really well.

Grammar- (17/20) There were a few grammatical mistakes in the book, which can be corrected with the pace of time. The words used were simple and understandable for the reader to read.

Writing style- (18/20) The writing style was awesome, it was written in a simple language but even so it didn't give out much spoilers about the upcoming chapters. The writing was easily understandable and convenient.

Overall enjoyment- (19/20) The story was really amazing to read. The characters were clearly depicted. The plot was something I loved the most. The ending was an unexpected one, it makes the story even more interesting to read. It was a great work. Keep going!

Total: (88/100)

_______

Author: Jeon_Kri_kook
Book: Smirk- a different view

Cover-(7/10) The cover was all over good and simple, however you could have added some graphics or any insights,quotes with reference to your story to make it more attractive.

Title-(8/10) The title was really good and unique. It was an uncommon one and also suited the story really well.

Blurb-(7/10) The blurb was short and well written, yet it gives out a different idea of the story. But I guess, in a way, it's really good to make the readers confused, making the story interesting to read.

Pace-(10/10) The pace of the story was great. I personally loved it. It was not too long and boring, it was perfect and blended with the story really well.

Grammar-(18/20) There were not many grammatical mistakes in the book making it really easy for the readers to understand, just some countable ones which will improve with the pace of time.

Writing style-(19/20) The book is really well written. It is not too straightforward nor too confusing which is really amazing to read. The unexpected situations really keep up the thrill of the story.

Overall enjoyment-(19/20) The book was just amazing to read. The ending really got me, the way you kept everything perfect without making it confusing was really good. I really enjoyed reading this book.

Total: (88/100)

_______

Author- doobydoopbop2248
Book- Apartment 206

Cover- (7/10) The cover was overall simple and good. However you could have some more graphics or insights from the story to make it more attractive.

Title- (7/10) The title was short but it didn't go along with the story. It'd have been better if you'd have given the title with reference to the storyline.

Blurb- (9/10) The blurb is really well written. It is not too long and also gives a reference to the story, which is really eye-catching.

Pace- (10/10) The pace of the story was just amazing. It was not stretching too long which made the story really interesting to read. I personally loved the pace of the story.

Grammar-(18/20) There are a few grammatical mistakes in the book. But mostly it was written using simple and understandable words.

Writing style-(19/20) The story was written in a really well and simple manner without any confusions. It was easy to read and understand. The words used were not too confusing nor plain.

Overall enjoyment- (19/20) It was an amazing experience to read this book. The plots were just awesome and left readers at a cliffhanger. The cameo appearance of Taehyung blended with the story really well. The ending was really good. Hope to see you writing more of these stories. You're great, keep going!!

Total: (89/100)

______

Author- tae_peary
Book- In fugitive arms

Cover- (10/10) The cover of the book is just awesome. Even though you've added many photos, it didn't appear to be messy, instead blended well with the storyline.

Title- (8/10) The title was a meaningful one and depicted the story really well. It was the exact reference of the story.

Blurb- (8/10) The blurb was well written and gave a hint of the story.

Pace- (8/10) The overall pace of the story was moderate. It was maintained in a way where it's not too long nor too short. It was less confusing for the readers.

Grammar- (17/20) There were grammatical mistakes in the book. Some words were not matching with the situations. 

Writing style- (18/20) The writing style through the book was honestly praiseworthy. It was written in a really understandable form and to the point.

Overall enjoyment- (18/20) The book was overall really enjoyable for me to read. It kept up well with the thrill of the storyline. The characters were depicted perfectly. Good work!!

Total: (87/100)

______

Author- taes_smirk
Book- Prank call

Cover- (9/10) The cover was amazing. It was clean and perfectly pictured the storyline in it.

Title- (8/10) The title was really good and matched the story well. It was perhaps the perfect for the book.

Blurb- (9/10) The blurb worked as a small trailer for the story making the readers interested to read it. It was well written.

Pace- (10/10) The pace of the story was just perfect. It was maintained in a moderate manner refraining the readers from getting bored.

Grammar- (18/20) There were few countable grammatical mistakes compared to the other books I've read.

Writing style- (20/20) The writing style of this book was something which i loved the most. The way the author wrote the conversations in text format gave it a realistic feeling. It was overall written in simple language.

Overall enjoyment- (19/20) I truly enjoyed reading this. It maintained every emotion of the characters in the right amount. The writing style and the cliffhangers were something which made me crave for more. Superb job!!

Total: (93/100)

_______

Author- inky_jin
Book- The twin paradox

Cover- (8/10) The cover was good but it looked a bit messy. It would have been better if the picture used was a bit clean.

Title- (10/10) The title was just perfect and unique as well. It perfectly depicted the storyline.

Blurb- (8/10) The blurb was well written and it gave out a clear idea of the story without giving out any spoilers.

Pace- (8/10) The pace was really good, it was perfectly maintained. It was not too long nor too short.

Grammar- (20/20) The grammar was just outstanding, even i myself can't write such standardized grammer. It really gave out the feel of the story.

Writing style- (17/20) The writing style was amazing. The word choices in the book are just perfect. However in some places it was a bit difficult to understand the situations and it even felt confusing.

Overall enjoyment- (19/20) The overall story was really good. The plot was best, it left me clueless at first but when the plot changed it became really interesting for me to read. Superb work!!

Total: (90/100)

______

Author- ViniShah2
Book- When his heart felt love

Cover- (9/10) The cover is just amazing. It was just like the glimpse of the story in the form of a picture.

Title- (10/10) The title of the story is perfect. It depicts the character of the main lead perfectly.

Blurb- (8/10) The blurb was really good, it blended with the storyline really well.

Pace- (9/10) The pace of the story was just perfect. Even though it had lengthy chapters, it never felt bored reading them.

Grammar- (19/20) There were rarely any grammatical mistakes in the book as compared to other books i've read yet.

Writing style- (19/20) The writing style is something I loved the most. It felt as if I was living in the story playing the role myself.

Overall enjoyment- (18/20) Reading this story was really a fantastic experience for me. The storyline was so good, it made me feel like I was inside the story. Superb work!!

Total: (92/100)

______

Author- dwcarlson
Book- The ambassador's daughter

Cover- (9/10) The cover was really good and elegant. It gave out that historic vibe of the storyline very well.

Title- (9/10) The title was just perfect and matched with the reference of the storyline.

Blurb- (10/10) The blurb was amazing, it showed a little glimpse of the story without giving out much spoilers, making the readers curious about the story.

Pace- (8/10) The pace was maintained well throughout the story, however at some places it was a bit fast and accurate.

Grammar- (20/20) The grammar here was truly amazing. Simple yet standard phrases and words were used, which made the story very easy to understand.

Writing style- (18/20) The book was beautifully written and presented. The words gave out the feel about every situation clearly. It was amazing.

Overall enjoyment- (19/20) This book was a really amazing experience for me. The situations, plots and characters were perfectly pictured. The character development was just perfect. Good work!!

Total: (93/100)

_______

Author- clout_07
Book- Love never dies

Cover- (10/10) The cover was really clean and elegant. It was just perfect for the book.

Title- (8/10) The title was good and pictures the characters perfectly as well the situations.

Blurb- (8/10) The blurb was very well written. It didn't spoil the story much and made a really good impression for the story to read.

Pace- (9/10) The pace was perfect, it was not too fast, instead it was moderate and depicted every character beautifully.

Grammar- (18/20) There were not many grammatical mistakes in the book. Only a few countable mistakes were there, which can be corrected with the pace of time.

Writing style- (19/20) The writing style was really amazing. The choice of words were very good and understandable, they were not confusing at all.

Overall enjoyment- (19/20) This book was really interesting to read. The plots were perfectly pictured and I personally loved the way the author depicted every character perfectly.

Total: (91/100)

_______

Author- Lil_kiyomi
Book- Date your idol

Cover: (7/10) The cover was good but it was a bit messy along with the picture you've used.

Title- (8/10) The title given was really good and pictured the story well enough.

Blurb- (8/10) The blurb was short yet descriptive enough to provide a little glimpse of the story.

Pace- (7/10) The pace was a bit too fast as for the provided storyline.

Grammar- (18/20) There were not many grammatical mistakes in the book, only a few countable ones here and there.

Writing style- (17/20) The writing style was good enough as well as were the description of the characters. However it was a bit straightforward at some points.

Overall enjoyment- (18/20) The book was really enjoyable for me to read, apart from the pace the other things were perfectly written and depicted. Keep going!!

Total: (83/100)

________

Author- shinchan_noona
Book- I hate u I love u

Cover- (8/10) The cover was good but it looked a bit messy with the fonts you've used.

Title- (9/10) The title was perfectly chosen, it depicted the characters really well.

Blurb- (8/10) The blurb perfectly pictured the story without giving out any spoilers.

Pace- (6/10) The pace of the story was a bit too fast. The character development was fast as well.

Grammar- (16/20) There were quite a lot of grammatical mistakes in the book. In some places the words didn't match well with the storyline.

Writing style- (17/20) The writing style was good enough, but it was a bit too straightforward for the readers to read.

Overall enjoyment- (18/20) This book was really interesting to read, it had a great storyline. The pace is just a bit fast.

Total: (82/100)

_______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 548 26
The best shall be rewarded and the participant will be given a shout-out for the efforts! The rules are simple, but the prizes are grand. Once you'r...
116 8 10
Hello! This is a new book being PUBLISHED! only for oneshots! it would be fun to read! every member will be focused particularly! Maybe not regularly...
130K 1.6K 36
Be aware that I only write imagines when I have one of those days that I really want to write one so don't expect me to publish on a daily basis Than...
4.1K 1.2K 57
What if your ideal type is actually not ideal? What if life takes unexpected turns as you end up finding solace in someone you never expected to? G...