The English Boy

By iamsammyyy

Filipina-English self-proclaimed tomboy, Joe McCarthy moves to Ilkley, West Yorkshire, England and starts adj... More

The English Boy
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
Lost in Yorkshire
Playlist

Chapter 27

978 22 0
By iamsammyyy

Dad arrived home the next day. All I could think of was where did he go or why did he come home just now. I tried to ask him as he arrived, but he said that he had a meeting and he had to overtime at work. If only I knew he would be back the next day, I would've slept in his room so that I wouldn't have to share rooms with Callum.

A slow day had me checking my Social Media accounts using hotspot starting with Facebook. I didn't have that much notifications, but they were all the same. The messages were from my schoolmates and some relatives saying "We miss you back here" or "When are you coming back?". The latest one was from my neighbor Czarina and she said "Hey Johanna. This is a bit weird, but I miss you? Haha!!! Come back soon!!! I didn't even know you were in the UK since a few weeks ago when I dropped by your house and decided to give you something for your birthday. Your grandma was the one who answered the door and she told me everything. Anyway, please visit us this Christmas, maybe??".

Czarina lives next-door to our house in Manila. She was my best friend until Jenna came. Since Jenna lives a few blocks away from us, the three of us became a team until Czarina approached me one day saying that she doesn't want to be with Jenna and I anymore because Jenna is intimidating. Her Australian accent, her looks, everything! Afterwards, it was only Jenna and I. But that didn't stop Czarina and I from seeing each other. Since we live next-door to each other, we still talk and stuff, but not as much as we used to.

Speaking of Jenna, I tried to search her on Facebook, but I couldn't find her. Don't know why. Then I opened our messages and all I found from our last conversation is "Facebook User". Meaning, she blocked me. I didn't want to believe in the fact that Jenna blocked me or something, so I pressed on "Facebook User" which was suppose to redirect me to her profile, but all that came out was "Content Not Found". So, she blocked me! Okay then!

I wanted to cheer myself up. I have to. So, I texted Luke. I waited, but there was no reply. I was starting to get paranoid and stuff and thought that I would've done something wrong. Like, what is wrong with the world?!

Later on, my phone started ringing. It was Luke and he was calling me. I immediately picked the phone up because, finally! Something to lift me up from my misery!

"Oh My God! Hey!" I said

"Hi" Luke said on the other line, and he sounded like he was struggling "Whoa! Whoa! Calm down!"

"Is everything okay?" I asked

"Yes, everything's fine, everything's alright- oww!" he said

"What's going on there?" I asked

"Just playing with Toby" he replied "He bit my finger"

Oh. Toby, Luke's dog. I took a deep breath.

"I thought it was something serious"

I heard him laugh.

"No, don't worry! Nothing serious usually happens to me" he said "How's your weekend so far?"

I groaned.

"Like shit?!" I said

"Why?" he asked

"Your "brother" moved in with us" I said

"Who?" he asked

"Your brother!" I said

"I don't have a brother" he said

"Callum moved in with us!" I yelled

"Ohh" he said "Callum's not my brother by the way...he's my half-brother. What happened anyway?"

"We're sharing rooms"

"What?!" Luke shrieked "You can't be serious!"

"Wish I wasn't" I said

"Is he aware that you already have a boyfriend?" he asked

"Yes but, as if he cares? We had a non-stop argument about that last night" I said "Luke, what are we anyway? I'm confused"

"What do you mean?" he asked

"Are we even in a relationship? Because if we are, I'm not feeling it" I said. True enough. It's almost as if we're nothing but friends.

"What do you mean?" he asked

"Like, you know? It's as if we're just friends"...and we haven't even said those three words to each other. Being in a relationship is harder than I thought!

"That's because you're not getting into character. I'm just not forcing you to" he said

"Why won't you say anything to me?" I asked

"I'm not going to make an issue out of that, Johanna. Wanna know why? Because I want you to be yourself, and I accept you whoever or whatever you may be. I like you on your own terms, that's how relationships work"

"I have no idea how relationships work" I said

"Me too" he said "I never had a girlfriend before"

I rolled my eyes.

"You had Helena" I said

"Nah, that's different. That's puppy-love"

"I mean, everything seemed to work perfectly fine, until coming back to school from that date at Knaresborough. Never thought my dad and butler and everybody else would show up. Isaiah was there too, but it's not like he knew anything"

"Hey. C'mon, that was only one date-"

"And last night was crazy!" I said

"Joe, I hope you understand why I had to conceal Callum being my brother from you-"

"Okay! I wasn't only talking about that, but last night was the worst! Hines, Charlie and Warren?! And that make-up artist and, yeah! Callum being your brother too-"

"Wait. Wait!" Luke said "What's your point anyway?"

"We never had a perfect date" I said

"Right" Luke said, and then he took a deep breath and I heard him grabbing his keys, I suppose "Are you doing anything today?"

"Nope" I said

"Be ready in ten minutes" he said

"What?!" I shrieked

"I'll see you soon" he said "Ohh, and..." he cleared his throat-

"What is it?" I asked

"Nevermind" he hung up.

Okay! What just happened?!

***

I literally rushed to take a shower and get ready for whatever Luke has for me this time. Well, whatever it is, I'm ready because I'm quite used to his schemes.

"Dad, I'm going somewhere, okay?" I said, as I went downstairs.

"Johanna" dad called from the sitting room

"I'll be back soon-"

"Come here" he said, and I did.

It hurt seeing dad sitting down on the couch facing the fireplace. Seemed like he was stressed from work.

"You okay?" I asked him

"Me? Yes, yes! Just exhausted" he said

"Here you go" Callum came out of the kitchen. I rolled my eyes as he handed dad a cup of tea "That should make you feel better"

"Thankyou son" he said

"Son?!" I muttered to myself "That's just bogus!"

"Johanna" dad said

"What?!" I replied

"I can hear you" he said

"Okay, I'm gonna go" I headed towards the door

"Now where do you plan to go?" Callum asked me. I turned to him, and he was grinning at me. Is he even taunting me?!

"That's none of your business" I said

"Yes darling, where do you plan to go?" dad asked.

I turned to Callum, and he was grinning at me maliciously.

"I just wanna take a fresh stroll outside" I said

"Why do you want to take a fresh stroll outside?" dad asked as if he was suspecting something. If Luke's car shows up in a couple of minutes outside the house, I'm totally screwed, and so is he!

"Because I'm bored in here!" I said

"Is that so?" dad asked "You're bored inside this "hellhole"?"

"What?!" I shrieked

"And when exactly did you find time to call your mother and tell her about this so-called "hellhole", Johanna?" dad asked

I shrugged.

"This morning" I said.

True enough. I did call mom earlier and told her how dad adopted Callum and how I got a smaller room because I had to share it with him and I told mom to do something immediately. Seems like she did! She talked to dad. But I was expecting her to like tell dad to kick Callum out or send some money to dad to buy a 3-bed house or something. Mom would do anything just to make me happy, and living on the same roof with somebody I despise is definitely not making me happy!

Is it just me, or is my mom being parsimonious? It's like she's very unwilling to spend money nowadays for me or something. She didn't mind me being spoiled back then. She would get me everything I want. She's bounteous when it comes to me. I was starting to have theories later on like she lost her job, grandma's business got bankrupt or worst, Bobby ditched her!

"Johanna" dad said

I shook my head.

"What?" I asked

"Like I said, you may call my home a "hellhole" all you want, but remember, this is your home too-"

"Hey! I loved this house more than anything! Wanna know why I started calling this house a hellhole?! It's because you let Callum move in! I mean, Callum moving in our house is alright, but why'd you let him take-over everything I have?!" I yelled "My bedroom, my bathroom, everything!"

"Because your bedroom, your bathroom and everything else you own in this house used to be mine!" Callum said

"I wasn't even talking to you!" I yelled at him.

"That's enough!" dad yelled, and we both just stopped arguing.

I approached the door later on.

"Dad, seriously! I'm going! I won't last another second in here!" I said

"You haven't even told me where you're going yet" he said

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm gonna meet up with some friends" I lied

Callum started laughing like a maniac later on.

"What's so funny?" I asked

"Ahhhh-" Callum kept on laughing "Somehow, I don't believe you-"

Somebody knocked on the door later on. This must be Luke, I thought. Okay! Now I'm totally screwed! I turned to my dad and Callum, and I saw that Callum was grinning at me maliciously.

"Dammit!" I muttered

"Well, your the one closest to the door! Open it!" Callum said

Good thing our door has a peephole. So, I could still see whoever's out the door. I started clinging to a dim of hope because maybe it's not Luke! Could be George or his wife or Mrs. Montgomery, the one who lives next-door who would always come over to deliver fresh eggs.

As I looked through the peephole, I could finally breathe again! I opened the door afterwards...

"Hello!!!" Cassius said as I opened the door. He was with Isaiah.

"Oh My God. Hey!" I said

"Hi Mr. McCarthy!!!" Isaiah said to my dad and approached him and hugged him tight "You look good!!!"

I turned to Cassius when I saw my dad and Callum distracted by Isaiah.

"What are you doing?!" I asked

"Shh!" Cassius whispered to me "We got you covered! Luke is waiting for you"

What?! Oh My God!

"Isaiah" dad said "What are you doing here?"

"Ohh! It's just that Joe promised we'll hang out today" Cassius said

"Shut up, Cassius" Callum said

"Callum?" dad turned to him "That is not how we treat guests here"

"They're not even guests!"

"Even though! We should still show some respect"

"Uhh, dad?" I said, and then I gestured to the door "May we leave?"

"You haven't had breakfast yet" dad said

"Ohh don't worry about that, Mr. McCarthy!!!" Isaiah said

"Yeah, we'll treat some brunch at the Grove" Cassius said

"Isaiah, I trust you" dad said "Have her back by 7:30" he said

"You can count on us!" Isaiah said, as he started dragging me out of the house

"Bye Callum!!!" Cassius taunted Callum as he shut the door.

When we were finally blocks away from my house, I turned to Cassius and Isaiah.

"What are you doing?!" I asked

"Helping you and Luke out" Cassius said

"That's what friends are for" Isaiah said "Now do not waste our efforts, especially mine. I had to give my cereals up for this!"

"Then why'd you come along?" I asked

"Because your dad trusts me. He doesn't trust Cassius"

Ohh! Now I see.

That's when I realized that neither of the boys brought a car. They took the bus on the way here. Which means, we're gonna have to take the bus on the way to wherever Luke may be. I never actually took the bus before. I mean, besides my school bus, but other than that, I don't actually take the bus. It's either someone drives me there or I take the train, but I barely take the train. It's usually crowded in buses or even trains, that's why I don't really take both.

It's a Saturday today so, it's quite crowded inside the bus that Cassius, Isaiah and I had to squeeze in the seat.

"Say Joe, was it this crowded in London?" Cassius asked

"What do you mean? Like, the place itself or the double-decker bus?" I asked

"The bus"

"We were on the deck so, there's not really much people. And I was out of my mind that time so, I couldn't remember" I replied

"Hey! How long have you been here in England?" Isaiah asked

"I left Manila sometime around April so, like, 7 months?" I said "Why?"

"You're starting to talk in a British accent" Isaiah said

"Really?" I asked

"Yeah, I noticed too" Cassius said "But, not so much yet. Just slight"

"But still, you're starting to get it!!!" Isaiah said

I scoffed

"Anybody can do a British accent as long as they're a fan of Harry Potter, Narnia, Johnny Depp or something" I said

"Yes, but seriously, yours sound natural" Cassius said

Later on, the bus stopped, and some passengers started going inside. Some of them occupied the remaining seats at the back, while some were forced to just stand and wait. Among those people who were forced to stand and wait was an old lady. I could see it on her face that she's feeling tired and wanted to sit down and rest. I didn't think twice so, I stood up-

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" Cassius grabbed my arm

"Both of you, stand up!" I said

"What?!" Cassius shrieked

"Yeah! You're not supposed to stand up while the bus is moving" Isaiah said

"Just stand up!" I pinched them both.

"Alright! Alright! Isaiah said, as he and Cassius stood up

I didn't mind them at all. I just shook my head and simply approached the old lady...

"Excuse me, Madame?" I patted her shoulder, and then she turned to me "Hi"

"Hello" she said "Whatever is the matter, young lady?"

"Let me introduce myself. My name is Johanna" I said and then I shook her hand

"Oh dear!" the old lady said as I shook her hand "I'm Heidi"

"Umm-" I turned to where Cassius, Isaiah were seated, and the both of them were looking at me in confusal "I think I see an empty seat over there"

She turned to the direction where I was looking, and then Cassius and Isaiah sat down. Those two dorks!

"But it's occupied by those two young men" she said

"Don't worry! I'm sure those young men wouldn't mind you sitting with them...or even take their seats!!! Let's go!" I said, as I started dragging her to Isaiah and Cassius.

Usually when I meet new people here in UK, they comment on my accent and then asks me if I'm a tourist because I don't speak in a British accent. This would be the first time somebody I just met did not comment on my accent. I guess Isaiah and Cassius were right when they said I'm working up on the British accent. Or maybe I was talking with a normal accent and Heidi didn't care.

"Hi boys!" I said to Isaiah and Cassius

"Hi Joe!!!" Cassius and Isaiah anxiously said at the same time

"This is Heidi" I turned to Heidi "And Heidi, these are my friends, Cassius and Isaiah"

"Hello there!!!" Heidi said to Isaiah and Cassius

"Hi!!!" Cassius and Isaiah waved at Heidi at the same time

"Child, there's no vacant seats around here somewhere-"

"Yes there is!" I cut Heidi's sentence

Then, I noticed Isaiah and Cassius grinning at me.

"Stand up!" I whisphered to Cassius and Isaiah in a furious tone

"That's okay, umm- Johanna" Heidi said "You don't have to tell your friends to give their seats up for me. I could picture myself in their position right now, and I probably won't be giving up my seat either" she was about to walk away

"Wait!" Cassius said

I turned to him. He shrugged Isaiah and told him to get up. Isaiah hesitated at first, but then stood up later on.

"Here you are!!!" Cassius gestured Heidi to the now vacant seat

"As I said, I'm alright-"

"No" Isaiah cut Heidi's sentence "It's our fault neither of us brought a car" Isaiah turned to me and then I smiled at him and Cassius

"Why-" Heidi turned to the seat, and then turned back to the three of us "Thankyou" she said, as she sat down "There's still room for more" she proceeded. True enough. There's still space for like two people.

"No thankyou" Isaiah said and gave her a dashing smile "It's all yours!"

"Johanna?" Heidi said

"Yes?" I said

"I find you very beautiful, you know?" Heidi said

"Really?" I asked "You really think so?"

"Ohh, Yes!!! Honestly!!!" she said

"That's what you call Filipina beauty!!!" Cassius said, and then he gave me a pinch on the cheek

"Ow!" I said "Dang it, Cassius!"

"Filipina?" Heidi asked

"Well, Yeah, she's half-Filipina and half-British" Isaiah said

"My mom's Filipina, my dad's English" I said "But, I spent my whole life in the Philippines with my mom...and a quarter of it in the USA, with her sister. And, here I am right now, currently residing in Ilkley. I arrived here in the UK just seven months ago"

"Are your parents together?" Heidi asked "Forgive me if it's too much personal for you. I'm just curious"

"That's okay" I said "uhhmm...well, they're not actually together- anymore. And they're not actually together yet. I'm finding a way on how to get them back together"

"Well, I understand" Heidi said "It's extremely difficult being away from someone you love, and you can't obviously choose between your mother and your father"

I turned to the floor afterwards.

"What's more difficult is when you find out that your parents have been keeping a lot of secrets from you, lying to your, concealing things" I said

She asked me if I could tell her all about my early life and stuff, and I did. I was raised by my mom and then she sends me to the United States to my aunt and then I saw my dad for the first time last April and now, I'm here.

"I'm sure your parents only did those to protect you" she said

"Protect me from what?" I asked "I'm just confused"

"Protect you getting hurt. The truth always hurts, you know" she said

"Ohh" I didn't know what to say "Well, you have a point"

"Where do you live right now?" she asked

"I just told you, here in Ilkley" I said

"No. I mean what street or, some of that sort. I live in Middleton Road" she said

"I live in Parish Ghyll Road" I replied

"Hope you don't me asking another question, but, which one of them is your boyfriend?" Heidi turned to Isaiah and Cassius

"WHAT?!" Cassius and Isaiah shrieked at the same time

"Ohh, they're not- They're just friends" I said "Or should I say my boyfriend's best friends-"

"Ohh! You do have a boyfriend!!!" Heidi said "I knew it!!! Just by looking at that beauty of yours, I already know!!!"

I gave a small laugh. I didn't know what to say.

"Who's the lucky boy?" she asked

"Lucas Taylor, he goes to my school...umm, our school, actually" I replied

"Well, whoever lad that is, he is very lucky to have a beautiful girlfriend" she said, and I felt myself blushing "And of course, you're very lucky to have a handsome boyfriend"

Cassius and Isaiah started laughing later on...

"Luke?! Handsome?! Seriously?!" Cassius said, as he and Isaiah kept on laughing.

I shook my head and turned back to Heidi.

"Forgive them! They're just... I'm used to them!!!" I said

***

"Good deeds, huh Joe?" Cassius asked as we were walking on the street after bidding Heidi goodbye and getting down from the bus.

"Believe me or not, it was my first time doing something like that" I replied "Of course, I wouldn't want to share my seat or something too but, Heidi's a really nice lady"

"Nice lady?" Isaiah asked

"Wasn't she?" I turned to him

"She is, but all she did was ask you about your personal life" he said.

I shook my head.

"Whatever" I muttered.

Right now, we were walking on some kind of neighborhood. I don't think I've ever been in this neighborhood before. What are we doing here anyway?

"Where are we?" I asked

"Premiere Park" Cassius said

"So, what are we doing here?" I asked

"You'll see" Isaiah said

Cassius and Isaiah approached one house later on. Cassius knocked on the door, and Luke was the one who answered it...

Luke turned to me and smiled.

"Hi" he said

"Okay" I smiled "What is it this time?" I said, because as always, there's a surprise!

He didn't say anything. He just turned to Cassius and Isaiah and smiled.

"Hey!" he approached them and gave them both a bro hug "Thanks guys!!!"

"Hey! You promised us something" Isaiah said

"Right-" Luke said, as he brought his wallet out of his pocket, pulled out a £20 note and gave it to Isaiah.

"C'mon, Cassius!!! Let's have breakfast!!!" Isaiah said

"Wait!" I said "I thought you guys were going to treat me out for brunch...at least that's what you told my dad"

"Ohh-" Cassius said "It's actually Luke who's going to treat you out, not us. We're broke"

"Have fun you two!!! Bye!!!" Isaiah said, as he and Cassius left.

I turned back to Luke and smiled at him, he smiled back.

He gestured inside the house.

"Come in" he said

"Is this your house?" I asked, as I went inside.

"Yeah" he replied

"It's absolutely lovely" I said, and then he turned to me in surprise.

"What?!" I said

"Who are you?" he asked

"Stop that!" I said, as I hit his arm

"Since when did you use the word "lovely" in a sentence?!" he was laughing really hard

"I don't know" I said "Just stop already. You're freaking me out right now"

"Alright! Alright!" he cleared his throat "I stopped! I stopped!"

"So, Premiere Park is only a 6-minute drive from Parish Ghyll Road"

"I thought you guys walk from there. Walking takes at least 25 minutes"

"Nah, we took the bus on the way here" I said.

Later on, Toby (Luke's dachshund) went down the stairs and ran towards me and started jumping and stuff.

"Hi there Toby!!!" I said, as I patted Toby's head.

Luke gave a small laugh.

"He likes you" he said

"We've met before" I said, and then I carried Toby "Do you remember me, Toby?"

"Lucas, have you seen the remote?" a guy with a really familiar voice said from upstairs "And Tobias went downstairs"

Luke grabbed a remote controller from the couch.

"Yeah, it's down here" Luke said as he placed the remote on the coffee table "And, yeah, Toby's here too"

"Where?" the guy with the really familiar voice said

"You're the one who wants it, then get down here!" Luke said

"You're the one who has it! Give it!" the guy said.

I found myself laughing later on.

"You have two hands and two legs! Get down here and get it yourself!" Luke said

"Alright! Alright!" the guy said, and I could hear footsteps.

I turned to Luke.

"Who was that?" I asked

"Hello Joe!!!" the guy said from behind. I turned around, and I do recognize him!!! Luke's cousin, Jace.

"Hi Jace!" I said. I couldn't concentrate though because he was only wearing boxers and nothing else! So, I turned away and leaned on Luke's chest and hugged him "Aren't you supposed to be in London?"

"You talking to me?" Jace asked

"I thought you live in South London" I said, still not looking at him

Luke turned to me in confusal.

"Boxers" I whispered to him

"Oh!" Luke turned to his cousin "Jace, please dress up"

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Jace said, as he rushed upstairs.

"Well, I'll just grab a few stuff in the kitchen and we'll go" he said, as he went to the kitchen. Where are we going anyway?

I followed him inside the kitchen because I wanted at least a clue of what we're supposed to do or where we're going today.

Luke was too busy taking things out from the refrigerator and putting them in some kind of picnic basket. Well, I guess we're going on a picnic today?

"A picnic, huh?" I said with a smile

"Well, yeah" he said, as he was taking a bottle of orange juice out of the fridge and putting it inside the basket.

"So, you got everything in control?"I asked

"I got it" he said, as he carried the basket

"Hey!" Jace went downstairs

"Jace, please-" Luke said

"No worries! I'm presentable now" Jace replied, as he went inside the kitchen "You're so serious when it comes to impressing Joe, Lucas"

"Of course!!!" Luke said, as he put his arm around my waist gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Aww!!! You two are so adorable!!!" Jace said "Are you taking Toby with you?"

"I'm gonna have a picnic with Joe" Luke

"So- are you taking Toby with you?" Jace asked again. Jace, c'mon!

"Umm, no" Luke said "That's why you're here. I need someone to watch over Toby for me"

"What?! I'm here because Uncle Tim said you're going to be left alone here in Yorkshire for a couple of weeks and he said he doesn't trust you looking after the house on your own" Jace said "He gave you two choices: Me, going to Yorkshire to look after the house and Luke or Luke going to London to be looked after by me, and you said you don't want to leave Joe behind, so you chose the 2nd option"

I turned to Luke and I felt myself blushing.

Luke seemed distracted for a little while, but later on, he shook his head and woke up.

"Where are my keys?" he said

"Here!" Jace handed Luke's keys to him "Have fun you lovebirds!!!"

***

Luke took me out to the Ilkley Park. It was a 9-minute drive from his house at Premiere Park to the Park at Castle Road.

"Jace is really something, to be honest" I said, taking a bite of my bread filled with strawberry jam.

"I know! He's crazy!" Luke said

"No, I mean, you guys are hilarious together! You're like brothers" I said

Luke turned to me in dismay.

"Speaking of brothers, how my dear brother?" he asked "Or should I say half-brother?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"I'm trying not to buy the whole thing" I said, finishing my bread "Like, at home, I'm pretending that he doesn't exist anymore"

"You thirsty?" Luke asked me

"Yeah" I replied

"Here you go" Luke gave me a bottle of orange juice

"Thanks" I said, and then Luke sat with me.

"This is great, isn't it?" he said, and then he smiled at me.

I gave a small laugh.

"We should've thought of something this a long time ago. It's much better than going on a road trip and getting trouble at the end of the day" I said

"Joe, what's important is we had a lot of fun along the way" he said

"A lot of fun?" I said "I thought going to London was supposed to be "a lot of fun", until we got back to school"

"Ugh! Joe, that was weeks ago! Forget it happened" he said

"But being prefect meant the world to you" I said

"We had a lot of fun in London. I had a lot of fun, see?" he brought his phone out later on and showed me our snaps from London. Me, posing inside a phonebox, and beside a Queen's Guard, a stolen shot when we were up the London Eye and the Double-decker bus, a selfie in front of the Buckingham Palace, the Big Ben and The Tower Bridge. I asked them if he could send them to me with my new phone, and he did. He also sent me group pictures of my friends and I and some stolen shots. At least now, I have a lot of memories to bring home to the Philippines from England.

"So, what are you gonna do for the Holidays?" I asked him.

He turned to me.

"You're seriously asking that question?" he said

"Why?" I asked.

He covered his face with his hands and sighed.

"Are you going on a vacation?" I asked, he didn't answer "Luke, what's wrong?"

He finally turned to me a smiled.

"Nothing's wrong, don't worry" he said

"Then why do you look upset?" I asked

He shrugged.

"Because I won't be seeing you for the Holidays" he said

"Why? Where are you going?" I asked

"Well, we always go out of the country in the Holidays. Last year, we went to Berlin, Germany and this year, we're going to Paris, France" he said

"Aww! No fair! I wanna go to Paris" I said "Have you been to France before?"

"No. This would be the first time" he said

"Then, I guess it'll be a lot of fun for you" I said "I can't believe you're going to the City of Love"

"When I go to the City of Love, I'll still be thinking of you" he said "I wish I could take you with us. You're fluent in French and you could speak to a lot of people there. We won't have a hard time with asking for directions and stuff" he said "Aren't you going to spend your Holidays in the Philippines?"

"Why? Do you want me to go there and never come back here?" I said

"No! Come back!" he said

"I'm only joking!" I said "Even if I go there for the Holidays, I would most probably be thinking of England. But, of course, I do miss my country a lot so, I wanted to go there so bad"

"You miss your friends?" he asked

Jenna?! No way!

"I miss my mom" I said "I don't have any friends there anymore"

"Why?" he asked

"They thought I forgot about them so, they forced themselves to forget me. Well, I don't care! This is my life now, and I have tons of friends here"

"Ehem! Tons of friends?" he smiled at me.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at him.

"And a sweet lad" I said

He gave a small laugh.

"But, if I were to go back to the Philippines-" I turned to him "Would you go after me?"

"Of course, I will" he smiled "And then we could go to BGC, grab some food, do some shopping. We could also go to Boracay if you want"

"Luke I'm serious!" I said, and then he froze "What if I were to go back there and never come back here?"

"That's impossible" he said

"It is, and if it does happen, will you go after me?" I asked

"Joe, please! Let's not talk about those things! It will spoil everything" he said

"It's just a hypothetical question" I said

"Well, Long-distance relationship couldn't be that bad" he said

"I don't know. It seems kinda boring" I said. That was not actually what I had in mind. I wanted to say that I don't believe in "Forever" but, he's right. Talking about these things would just spoil everything.

"But of course, I will go after you" he said "Though, it doesn't look as realistic as it seems"

"Why?" I asked

"Because we're too young" he said

"Well, I agree" I said "But, whatever! As if it'll happen"

"So, about the Holidays, I need someone to watch over Toby for me" he said

"Don't you take him with you guys?" I asked

"No" he said "It's difficult to bring a dog with you when you're travelling"

"What about Jace?" I asked

"Jace would always come with us when we travel" he said

"Ohh" I said "But, who used to watch over Toby whenever you go out of the country?"

He turned away from me.

"You don't have to know" he said

I shrugged.

"Fine" I said

He turned to me and smiled.

"So, you'll do it?" he asked

"I have no idea how to take care of a dog" I said

"You can do it, I know you can" he said

"Fine!" I said "I'll do it"

"You're the best!!!" he said, as he hugged me "Thanks!!!"

"Sure! Sure!" I said "But if Toby goes missing by accident, don't blame me"

"Then, I'll fly back to England and we'll look for him together" he said

I shook my head.

"Whatever" I said

"You hungry?" Luke asked

"That's enough, thankyou" I said

"That's too bad" he said while getting something out of the basket

"Why?" I asked

"Because I found these!!!" he was holding Red Velvet Cupcakes on his hands.

"Oh My Gosh!!! I want one!!!" I said

"I thought you said you're not hungry anymore" he said, and then he gave a small laugh "Fine!" he gave me a cupcake.

I tasted the cupcake, and it reminded me of the morning when we were hitting the road on the way to London. We stopped at Mackinnon's Cupcakes (the pastry shop that is owned by Stefan's family) to get some cupcakes along the way.

"Mmm-" I was eating the cupcake "They changed the flavor"

"They?" Luke said, and he seemed really confused

"THEY changed the flavor" I said

"Who did?" Luke asked

"Mackinnon's" I said

Luke started laughing afterwards.

"What's so funny?" I asked

"You honestly think I bought those at Mackinnon's?!" he said, still laughing

"You didn't buy these there?" I asked, and then he shook his head "Okay? Then, where'd you get this?"

He stopped laughing. Instead, he started smiling at me like crazy.

"I made them myself" he said, which really surprised me. This manly guy can cook?!

"No way!" I said

"Yeah!" he said

"No!"

"Yes!"

"You made these?!" I asked

"What? Just because I'm manly, I can't bake?" he said

"I didn't know you could bake!" I said

"Well, my mother is a cook. So, I should know how to cook too. It's in my blood" he said

"Is singing in your blood as well?" I asked, as I took a small bite of the cupcake "Because your father is a musical director. You're expected to get involved with music and stuff"

"Well, I was part of an all-boy choir when I was little. And, I play four musical instruments: Piano, Cello, Guitar and Throat" he said

"Throat?" I asked

"Well, I sing a lot" he said, and then he turned to my cupcake "So, how is it?"

"It's really good!" I said, eating the cupcake

"Well, I'm glad you liked it" he said "Joe, wait!"

I stopped eating.

"What?" I asked

"You've got cream cheese on your lip" he said

"Oh-" I grabbed the basket and reached for the tissue

"Joe-" he said, taking the tissue from me "I'll do it"

There was no need for me to protest because there's nothing wrong with it so, he was wiping my lip with the tissue later on. I could feel myself blushing the entire time.

"There we go!" he said when he finished wiping my lip with the tissue.

"Thanks" I said.

We were just walking around the park after eating. Luke somehow regret not bringing Toby because he felt like he was going to miss him when he goes to Paris and wanted to walk him. I said he still has three weeks with him and I promise I'll walk Toby here while he enjoys his stay in Paris.

***

I arrived home at 6:00pm. Luke was the one who took me home, but I told him to just drop me off a few blocks away from my house and I'll just walk on the way.

"Hey, take care" I said before I got off his car

"Finally! We finally had a perfect date!!!" he said, and then I gave a small laugh and got off his car.

I was walking on the way to my house, and I just kept thinking "Am I ready to say those three words to him?". Well, it couldn't be that hard, could it?

So, I decided to turn around, approach him and say those three words to him, but then it was too late. His car was already gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 667 7
What makes College, College? Getting a B minus on an essay you worked your ass for? Check. Not getting an extra shot of espresso along with your latt...
2.6K 46 38
For the booksmart yet naïve 16-year-old Nicky, high school in her quaint little hometown island in the Philippines had always been predictable. Until...
191 21 20
A young teenager from the United States is drawn to England to visit his brother. There, he finds something that he will keep with him for the rest o...
244 50 25
-non fanfiction edition- April Pearson, a 22 year old dancer from Los Angeles gets offered a job as a choreographer in London, England. She doesn't k...