Falling for a Maximoff

By Just_writing_a_bit

You're Natasha Romanoffs daughter. In this story she was able to escape the Red Room before they made her inf... More

Chapter 1: Getting ready and Tony's party
Chapter 2: Thor's hammer
Chapter 3: Robots and fighting
Chapter 4: The Bartons
Chapter 5: Nats vision
Chapter 6: The next two weeks
Chapter 7: Mom's call and the first sight of Wanda
Chapter 8: Reunion
Chapter 9: Compound
Chapter 10: Exploring and Wanda
Chapter 11: Rules and arrows
Chapter 12: The good in people
Chapter 13: Forest and conversations
Chapter 14: Tired and Wanda's magic
Chapter 15: Opening the cell
Chapter 16: Pietro and first kisses
Chapter 17: Suspicions
Chapter 18: Cute moments
Chapter 19: Searching
Chapter 20: Argument
Chapter 21: Back to normal
Chapter 22: Cute forest moments
Chapter 23: Another fight
Chapter 24: Dreykov
Chapter 25: Red Room
Chapter 26: Training and Yelena
Chapter 27: The video
Chapter 28: Going back to the Red Room
Chapter 29: Reunion
Chapter 30: Natasha's training
Chapter 31: Patching up and disappointments
Chapter 32: Rescue Mission
Chapter 33: Back home
Chapter 34: (Love) confessions
Chapter 35: Processing
Chapter 36: Nightmares
Chapter 37: Insecureties and love
Chapter 38: Healing and gaming
Chapter 39: Back to school
Chapter 40: Jealousy
Chapter 41: Trigger
Chapter 42: Phone call
Chapter 43: Comforting
Chapter 44: Wondering
Chapter 45: Nat's story
Chapter 46: Asking out
Chapter 47: Bonding
Chapter 48: Bookstore
Chapter 49: Café and future
Chapter 50: Music and movie night
Chapter 51: Birthday
Chapter 52: Cake and dinner
Chapter 53: First time
Chapter 54: Second time
Chapter 55: Betrayal
Chapter 56: Wanda's past
Chapter 57: Driving and thoughts
Chapter 58: The plan
Chapter 59: Preparations
Chapter 61: Explosion
Chapter 62: Aftermath
Chapter 63: Wanda's side of the story
Chapter 64: Catching up
Chapter 65: Happy endings; A/n
Wishes/Request for book 2
Book 2 continues
Book 3 is out

Chapter 60: The mission

1.3K 50 18
By Just_writing_a_bit

Pov y/n

We walk through the forest and I follow the others who seem to know the way. Tony is already completely in his suit and I can hear him talk to Friday over the coms. He's hacking into the system right now.

Mom walks next to him, tugging on her thigh holder and getting the gun out. She looks good in her suit and I barely get to see her in it in real life. Walking here, surrounded by the Avengers makes me feel powerful and strong and as if I'm part of them.

Apart from Tony's talking, it's quiet around us and we make our way through the forest. When we arrive at a big, tall fence, we come to a stop. Behind it, a few meters away, there's a big building which I assume is the Red Room.

An anxious feeling rises up inside me and I try to take a deep breath and calm myself down. I'm safe. I'm not here to go back in there and nothing will happen. We will destroy it now, nothing to be afraid of.

As the silent humming of the fence stops, Tony gives us a thumbs up and quickly cuts a hole for us to crawl through. Now we're back on Red Room territory.
My eyes scan the field around us, everything seems calm and safe for now.

Tony, Thor and Steve walk towards the building. Mom quickly comes to hug me.
"Be safe and do what the others tell you. No hero behavior, do what you must and then go back to the jet, there will be an agent waiting for you." She says, her voice filled with worry but still stern.

"I will behave and be good mom, I promise. Now go, go save them." I agree and nod towards the building. She smiles and presses a short kiss onto my hair before running to the boys.

I watch after her until I feel a soft nudge against my shoulder and look at Wanda, she smiles at me.
"Let's go do our job." She says and hands me a metal cutter. I nod and we go back to the fence, starting to cut the hole bigger. When there are a lot of women and girls about to get out of here, we don't have the time for them to individually crawl through this. So, we cut the wires and bend them away.

I shortly glance back at Clint and the others, their attention fully on the building, ready to fight if a widow comes outside. Silence falls over us as they wait and we cut open the fence more and more. I look over to Wanda every once in a while to make sure she's still there and okay. I know I probably won't really be able to protect her if it comes to worse but I still want to know she's okay.

She catches me one time and smiles back before continuing her work.
As we work, we get further apart, each working on different ends of the hole.

Suddenly a loud siren rings through the woods and I drop the cutter and jump slightly. I quickly turn towards the building and my eyes find the source of the noise. It's a speaker kind of thing on top of the building. Well, I suppose they noticed the intruders.

I try to ignore the loud sound and go back to my work, now working faster due to the adrenaline that's pulsing through my veins. I almost prick myself on the fence and take a deep breath, being unconcentrated right now isn't good, so I channel my concentration back to my work and continue to be quick but not uncareful. I have no idea how big Tony wants this hole to be but it seems big enough to me.

Before I can turn around to look at Wanda, a noise catches my attention and I whip around to the building.
"Shit." I whisper when the doors swing open and a bunch of women step outside, guns in their hands and a determined expression on their faces. Well, I guess this was it with peaceful working.

"Wanda!" Clint shouts over to her and she turns around, noticing the growing danger. Her job now is to get into their heads. I bite the inside of my cheek when I watch her step a little closer but still out of reach.

Suddenly everything happens very quickly, a gun shot is heard and a second later Clint shouts 'now'. My eyes scan the men, none of them seem to be hurt by the shot.

Red strings of magic hover over the field and towards the women, who shortly seem distracted but continue their way towards the men. When the red reaches them, the first four of them come to a halt. The others react and also stop in their tracks. For a few seconds it's deadly silent before the other widows understand what's happening.

Most of them run towards the men but like four take another direction, they run to Wanda.
My heart misses a beat and I sprint over there. Wanda is in full concentration and too caught up in her mind right now to notice the nearing danger.

When I almost reach her, I shoot the first widow bites, missing a few shoots but eventually all four widows are down. Before doing anything else, I grab their guns, my hands shaking a bit. I empty them, so they won't be able to shoot us. Then I turn around to Wanda. For a split second her eyes look at me with a tiny smile before she moves her fingers again, trying to get in control of the widows who seem to be in charge.

Wanda's expressions show me that she fights them in their heads and she pulls in her bottom lip in concentration. I'm in awe at the view of her and notice a little to late that one of the widows got rid of the widow bites. Within seconds I'm on the ground, my wrists pinned next to my head as I'm hold down.

Due to the loss of her weapon, the widow goes over to physical fighting. But before she does anything else, she switches off my bracelets, leaving me also with no weapon. I remember the fighting training I had with mom and am quick to turn the situation around, now her under me.

I almost want to celebrate my victory when sharp pain shoots through my body from my roots. I follow the pull on my hair, hoping for it to become less. As soon as my weight is lifted off the other widow, she jumps up and I grit my teeth, thinking about how to fight two widows at the same time. When the grip on my hair loosens and I feel an arm wrapping about my upper body, I use that chance and pull my elbow back with force. There's an ugly noise and the grip around me loosens again.

I go to kick that widow, to get her off me but before I can do that, a fist meets my face and I wince a little at the pain that spreads through my face. But it doesn't stop me and within a second, the second widow is on the ground, laying there, defeated for now.

The first one doesn't care though and kicks me in the rips. The air gets pushed out of my lungs and I bend over in pain. Before she can hit me again though, I stand up straight again, observing her movements. Right now I don't have time to pay attention to pain, I need to win this.

I dodge another kick and catch her leg, making her stumble a little. Using that to my advantage, I push that leg into another direction, making her lose balance and falling to the ground. But she's quick to get back up and I find myself in a hand-to-hand combat fight.

I'm surprisingly doing well and am able to dodge most her hits, hitting her instead. She's tough so and doesn't give up fast. My training helps me until she suddenly jumps up, wraps her legs around my neck and in a swing motion, pushes me to the ground. I groan as I hit the ground. She still hovers over me, her knees pressing my arms into the ground while she straddles my stomach.

I try to turn us around but this time she is prepared and doesn't let me. When she raises her hand, I try to prepare myself for the punch but she stops, shortly before her fist meets my face. Something in her eyes flickers and she looks up before standing up and marching away from me.

Irritated I look around and see the other widows walk to the main four that seem to silently say something. Looks like it worked.

"Y/n!" I hear Wanda almost scream out and she rushes over to me, kneeling down next to me. I smile up at her.
"Hey, daisy."
She doesn't reply and her eyes scan my face before she creates something like a shield bubble around us.

"Are you hurt badly?" She asks and looks me up and down again. I shake my head and sit up, huffing a little as I start to feel the pain in my body. The adrenaline seems to have overshadowed it up to now.

Her eyes fill with concern and anger and flicker over to the huddle of widows.
"I'm fine, really. It's nothing." I brush it off and slowly stand up. She follows my movements, pressing her lips together.

"Let's get you out of here, you shouldn't be here anymore." She rushes out and looks back to the building and the widows. But I don't feel like going back now, I want to fight and free those widows. I know there's good in them and I want them to be able to live their lives in peace.

"No, I'll stay and help." I decide and dust of my pants. But before I can move, Wanda holds out her hand, stopping me.
"No, you won't. You will go back to the jet and wait there." She says, her voice not really leaving any room for a discussion.

"But I'm ready to fight, Wanda. I wanna help you. I can do this." I explain my point of view but she shakes her head and watches our surroundings.
"Even if I'd agree, your mom would personally kill me for it. And I have a feeling she wouldn't be the only one." She says and her eyes dart to a spot behind me and I turn around. Clint comes to a halt next to us.

"You're okay, y/n?" He asks and I nod. But before I can say something else, he starts again.
"Good. Wanda, take her to the jet, now." He orders before taking off again. Wanda nods and takes my hand before tugging me with her towards the fence.

"I'm not a kid anymore, I can protect myself." I mutter, annoyed by everyone pretending I'm not capable of fighting.

"I know you can but this is different. You're also emotionally connected to this and it may cause a bad reaction and neither you nor we would want that. I get that you want to fight and maybe we can talk to Tony about it after the mission but right now you have to just do as told." She says, her voice a little softer now as we almost run back to the quintjet. I huff out a breath but bite my tongue to say something. I won't take my frustration out on her, it's not remotely her fault.

As announced, there's a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in the quintjet, letting me inside. Wanda follows me and leads me to a small medical room. I don't really mind because my ribs really hurt right now and so does my face. While she looks for something, I sit down on the bed and watch her. She gets an ice-pack and hands it to me. I lay down and put it on my ribs. Wanda's eyes grow more worried as she just saw my face but she shakes it off.

"See you later, babe." She pecks my lips before rushing off.
"Bye, daisy." I call before she's out of my sight. My head drops back into the pillow as I stare at the ceiling above me.
Well, that went a little unexpected but it felt good to fight for something that's right, to do good.

A/n: What do you think about the mission? Will their plan work?

I published the first chapter of my new Scarlett x reader story, feel free to take a look at it :D

I hope you'll like that book as well ;)

Thanks for reading and love to you all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 1.3K 42
In the world where wearing glasses makes you a different person. You were forced to swallow a pill that turned you into seven years old. Now, you're...
21.4K 931 44
I still love her, even though she nearly killed me I still love her, even though she has no love for me I love her, and I am willing to change. Agai...
18.5K 658 26
This is a sequel to 'Not By choice' I really recommend you read that before coming here! Natasha X you
12.4K 518 20
Natasha is gone. Y/N has been missing for months. After losing Natasha Y/N has been unable to face seeing any of the Avengers or their own friends...