Wait, did I become Tohka Yato...

By NotDariou

Before all of this you use to be a man but suddenly after a less tragic accident you have taken the role as o... More

Chapter 1: Where am I?
Chapter 2: What just happened?!
Chapter 3: Are you asking me out?!
Chapter 4: Why Me?!
Chapter 5: Wait?! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL?!!
Chapter 6: Stop eating my children!
Chapter 7: Is that Puppet the real deal?
Chapter 8: Why is everything so cool?!
Chapter 9: The Princess is a Part-Timer?!
Chapter 10: So best girl makes her debut along with a sister?!
Chapter 11: So a school life with Nightmare?
Chapter 12: Date Gone WRONG!?
Chapter 13: Princess V.S Nightmare!
Chapter 14: I'm Rehabbing from Flame girl?!
Chapter 15: I'm assisting a sis-con?!
Chapter 16: Hold on! Season Finale?!
Chapter 17: Huh?! A Utopia Game?
Chapter 18: You call this Paradise?!
Chapter 19: Hanging out with Pinkie? or are we?
Chapter 20: What? A Sports EVENT?!
Chapter 22: So we're in the Rinne Route!? Pt 1.
Chapter 23: So we're in the Rinne Route!? Pt 2.
Chapter 24: A Star Festival?!
Chapter 25: My slice of life as a Spirit?
Chapter 26: A trip?! Nah, it's a trap!
Chapter 27: The Gingers' sacred duel?
Chapter 28: Huh? A Fight and Disagreement?
Chapter 29: My trauma caused by a Yuri Idol?!
Chapter 30: So it takes a man to become best girl?!

Chapter 21: Am I starting to lose it!?

1.9K 68 36
By NotDariou

{{DISCLAIMER: I do not own DATE A LIVE! Everything is own by Koshi Tachibana!}}

Alleyway

Tohka's POV

Kurumi has caught me red handed.

I don't know how she figured it out but she did. Right now I'm walking with her around the shopping district area after that rude encounter with a bunch of delinquents hitting on me.

Kurumi said she needed my help... I think it has got to do with this world that Rinne created.

"These surroundings... no this entire world itself is seem to be out place. Don't you think Tohka-san?" Kurumi ask. Kurumi had to switch into her casual clothes so she had her bangs covering her clock eye.

"I agree, someone or something is responsible for it." I said.

Kurumi nod then had her thumb under her chin.

"Its possible that we could be dealing with a spirit that could create such world." She turn her gaze to directly. "Which is why I require your assistant, even though we're not as neutral as we think we are. Judging from our encounters before this.

From the looks of things she's already made her move to search the whole city. I guess she only needed an extra hand.

"Now back to my suspicion, how did you switch with this Tohka?" She ask curiously.

Should I tell her that I played a dating sim game and got myself into this mess? I doubt she'll believe me for that one. Cause lets face it. It would be a crazy response.

"Honestly I have no clue." I said keeping a straight face. A little note is that maybe I shouldn't mention that Shido was also switched.

"How unfortunate..." She had her thumb under her chin. "Well, moving on shall we focus on our main agenda?"

Kurumi then gave me a run down on her end. She had her clones investigate majority of the surrounding through out the whole city. She did in fact encounter some fishy areas that she couldn't really describe. Which is the real reason why she's required my assistant to confront this problem.

We found ourselves walking casually in the shopping district, however we did get a bunch of glances though...

"So basically, you need another hand to help you do the dirty work. Is that it?" I said to Kurumi.

"In a way, you could say that. But technically its a dirty work." She reply to me.

Kurumi was known to take things slowly, a good example of that was to absorb Shido. Looks like confronting Ruler will have to be put aside.

With the bread bag almost completely finished, I was ready to fight.

"Alright! I'm ready to f-" Being Tohka Yatogami has its draw back...

GROWL~

That's my stomach... But I ate a whole bag of breads.

Kurumi had her face amused and then teasingly look at me.

"Ara ara~ guess that wasn't enough for you appetite, Tohka-san." She said.

"Shut up!" Screw my metabolism.

"Well, in the mean time before we start why don't you come with me? Will get something to eat for you." Kurumi smiles.

Looks like I don't have much of a choice. I might as well take her offer and go.

I nod my head in response as Kurumi and I continue to walk straight through the shopping district.

...

Cat Cafe

Kurumi agreed that will be dropping by at cafe to recharge ourselves before resuming our investigation.

With my train of thoughts too distracted on our way. We finally arrived. This cafe seemed to reflect on Kurumi's taste. There's a cat sign at the cafe. Oh... its a cat cafe, basically its a cafe where you can interact with cats.

Classic Kurumi.

"Well shall we come inside?" She ask.

"But what about your astral dress?" I notice quickly Kurumi simply giggle.

With one arm up she quickly transform to her casual clothing with one of her hair bangs covering her clock eye.

"Now then shall we?" Kurumi ask again with cheerful expression.

"If its on you I'm in." I said.

When we stepped inside of the cafe, it wasn't too busy there were a couple of customers eating and playing with the cats. But overall this place seems relatively wholesome.

"Welcome to the Neko-Cafe! Ah, if it isn't our cat-lover regular! The usual I assume?" One of the cafe workers greet us. It seems Kurumi comes by to this place more often.

"Hehehe, yep I'll have the usual." She says.

"Hmmm, alright! Now what about your friend over here?"

"She'll have what I'm having!" Kurumi replies to worker then walk towards to the cat-play area where the cats begin to walk to her. This got Kurumi excited and I mean excited.

I stood there like a complete idiot and gaze on this wholesome scene. But Kurumi caught this facial expression and decided to be of a tease about it.

"Ara~ Tohka-san please don't look at me like that," She playfully look away with embarrassment. "I don't swing that way."

What?

"Don't tease me like that!" I exclaimed.

"NYAHHH!" A cat meowed.

Kurumi then held the cat up and had it faced me.

"See even this adorable cat agrees." Kurumi says.

"OH SCREW OFF!" I shout even louder.

"Ah young love, its alright if you're both the same gender. That is just how love is!" The same worker embraces it.

"YOU BE QUIET!" Of all things to be embarrass about. It had to be this misunderstanding.

After that whole misunderstanding, Kurumi and I sat down at a table with our strawberry shortcake and tea prepared. Now this is where we finally get down to business.

"Now back to the main topic, Tohka." Kurumi said as she was sipping her tea.

I was taking a few slices off the cake that was eating and had my attention inverted back to Kurumi with a serious look.

"Right, you said you had your clones check out the city's surroundings? Yes?" I double check with Kurumi. Knowing her, she's bound to have a bunch of them scattered across the city.

"Indeed I have, though it seems I have noticed that certain are a bit abnormal." She said thinking back through her investigation from the corner.

"And what certain part was it abnormal, Kurumi?" I ask her.

"Well. It felt like there were a lot of spirit energy flowing on those certain hotspots that I came across. Kind of like someone or maybe something is guarding them. I would love to explore it more but decided to pass the opportunity." Kurumi explains as she sips her tea.

I put some thought about this when she mention this certain hotspot. Then something clicked in.

"Oh, I get it now, you're planning to use me as bait... aren't you?" I gave her a deadpanned look in response she kept sipping her tea.

"That is correct." You smug time walker.

Well for starters, I would need to know where those hotspots could be. Actually I think I already have a few areas marked down. One of them being the top hill lake where the so called Tengu Cow was at. That weird observer building didn't feel like it was suppose to be there.

"Okay, I already have one location locked on at the moment." I said to her which peaked her interest, "The Tengu Cow area."

Kurumi began to think but suddenly realized it.

"I never would have thought that it was right there," She says shockingly.

"That weird building, with that dome. I felt strong energy there." I respond to Kurumi. Truth be told I did feel it something strange so it got to be those.

With that concluded our snacks were finished along with the tea. It was time for the both of us to head out.

As we were about to leave we thanked the workers and said our goodbyes. I swear I could've sworn I heard one of them shouting 'young love is young love.' Yeah no... sorry but with this form I couldn't... But if I was a dude Tohka... I would've gone after Origami... hehehe.

We move along on the sidewalk and decided to walk on foot. I asked Kurumi why not use our spirit powers to fly there. She gave me the most straight forward answer.

"Will cause suspicion on our surrounding. I don't want to get caught on something so childish."

Flying to our destination just to speed up and not waste time is childish?! You know what, just by living here for the past 4 months I don't know anymore at all...

Still it felt a lively to walking around the city once it a while. I gotta brag I have to be the luckeist bastard to be walking around with Kurumi Tokisaki herself.

Kurumi however caught attention as she snap her fingers in front of me.

"Hey, Tohka?" My eyes suddenly blink, "You kind of been staring at me for quite some time? Is there something wrong?"

I took a deep breathe and exhaled. I been too deep in thoughts I was staring through space. Not mention at Kurumi. I will not have a Yuri moment at this hour.

The time at moment was already 5:05 P.M in the afternoon. The sky was orange since the sun was setting. I made sure to notify Shido that I was going to be out longer and will be home late. He would understand me.

Kurumi and I got ourselves into the town square near Neo-Tengu Tower the so called new symbol of Tengu city.

Kurumi stared at awe at the weird tower.

I blank stare.

"Seriously. It literally looks like a fucking root tower, how do people love these kind of stuff." I facepalm.

"It could be the decoration and effort they put through on this building, Tohka." Kurumi kept eyeing the tower but it a more observing way as she seemed to be scouting the entire square area around Neo Tenguu Tower.

I notice it quickly and figured it what she was doing.

"Notice anything abnormal, Kurumi?"

"At the moment everything seems normal." She says.

I continue look around but I was picking up nothing. Kurumi then spoke up indicating something important.

"Tohka, will have to cut our investigation short, I have something else to do. In the mean make sure you look around and notice anything strange happening. Anyways I will be taking my leave, goodbye~" She then swiftly left me out in the open in the middle of the town square.

Honestly without any good results that we were getting, Kurumi is obviously going to for it herself.

Now that I think about it theres this weird orb thing with the weird statue looking kinda sus at the moment. I walk up to it but then felt like heart beat has skipped rapidly inside my body.

Like I'm sensing danger.

~

There it is again. With my curiosity building up I walk up to that weird orb statue like near the Neo tengu tower.

With a single step something activated it. As it began to suddenly glow. I notice the other pedestrians are not noticing it but only me. Then out of no where time has suddenly stopped as the orb was glowing red then a weird distortion occurs to my surrounding.

It was like space everywhere. I couldn't word it out pretty well but it was not natural at all.

Then this weird angel kind of similar to Rinne's looks but smaller as it was hovering around. Thank god it was only one.

But maybe it would have been wise for me to at least tell Kurumi to stay a little longer...

"Who are y-" I was then rudely interrupted with it shooting an energy shot almost grazing my cheeks. This got me serious.

I clicked my tongue out of frustration. Then grin like I had this control already from the start.

"If that's how you want to play," I had my pointer finger charging up with my reiryoku, "Then its my turn now!"

The enemy angel didn't response as it remain silent, with no further detail it went for a full charge towards me at high speed. Not using any range talks I use this to my opportunity to strike back.

"SPIRIT GUN!" With one shout I released every bit of Reiryoku that I could charge straight towards the angel as one contact vaporized that thing.

BOOM!

Another note is that my shot was also angled to that weird orb statue thing that glowed red.

Which means along with the defeat of that angel my attack made in contact with the source of it as it was got blown to pieces. Many of the civilians around me didn't see my entire fight, to them the statue suddenly blew up.

With my victory at ease, I took the chance to run away from the scene. This is definitely a crime.

Rinne PoV

Having Shido to invite me to study Origami Tobiichi is rather odd of him to do. Still though this seems rather fun.

~

Huh?

Wait? Why does it feel like I was hurt? My body... I then place my hands to my chest as if I had a heart attack.

"Rinne are you alright?" Shido asked out of concern following Origami with a look towards me.

"Oh, umm I'm fine just... my neck starting to itch a little." I came with an excuse as he took the bait and shrug. Origami didn't seem to care.

With that out of the way I sigh in relief. But still something or someone has destroyed my shrine. I clicked my tongue, someone skillful could've destroyed it.

I wonder who could that be.

Tohka's POV

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I sneezed pretty damn loud from that.

I notice everyone in my surrounding were staring at me. Currently of now I'm actually at the shopping district taking a short through the neighbourhood. I need to come up with an excuse, to be honest... attentions kind of catches me off guard.

"Nothing to see here folks!" I nervously wave my hand then dipped outta there. Seriously that sneeze felt like I had someone talking about me behind my back, probably just a fluke.

Moving on, Its better if I go home now and rest up after that one fight drain me. I stopped my tracks and quickly noticed the change on myself. The amount of power I used felt like when I was no sealed at all... So Shido did lose all of his powers in this world.

Well he's screwed now.

Without even knowing where I've been walking I notice that I arrived at a nearby playground park. I decided to take break from there and sit down. It was starting to get late out as the entire playground was empty, though there were a few passing by the moment I sat down.

Still... for a world that was mean't to be a happy paradise for Shido is rather calm and quiet... With myself having to only live up the end of season 1. There is doubt on when the others spirits will show up.

Hold on even if Shido doesn't seal all 10 spirits and he's stuck to this nutjob world doesn't that defeat the purpose to Mio's plans?

Probably stupid to even come up with this paradise world.

"Oh Tohka! is that you over there?" A voice shouts from within the distance. I got up from the bench and look to where it was.

It was Shido waving.

Shido walked closer to me and sat down next to me on the bench. It turns out Shido was with Rinne earlier and since he was too lost in thoughts his legs end up leading him here.

Talk about a plot.

"So did anything work out with Rinne? Shido?" I ask for their progression.

"Its... going rather smoothly, I suppose. But still feels weird that she really was my childhood friend. Like I'm becoming more worried about her." He said.

Which brought me into a deep thought. Could this Rinne Utopia plot follow up the what it originally went? Or since with my interference and Mio knowing my existence could somehow change the entire situation?!

Too many questions are circling my mind, yet I'm not receiving any good answers. I guess I'll to find that answer for myself is what the old saying was.

With our thoughts busy we didn't even notice that Rinne somehow found herself at the playground park panting as if she ran a whole lap around a track field in less that minutes.

Shido quickly notice it and ask very worrying.

"Rinne, What's wrong?"

"Ah, Shido?!" Rinne was starled, "and Tohka?"

"Wait didn't you... have some sudden business...? and are you alright?" Shido ask.

Wait could it be that when I destroyed that shrine thing at the Tengu Square... I hope that didn't piss Rinne off.

"Ah, yea, That's... fine now and I'm alright just thought that I have forgotten something important." Rinne clarifies us with her health.

"I see..." Shido replies.

"So um, what are you doing here at a place like this?" I then took the opportunity to ask, "Do you have any business at the playground area?"

"W-well... I was just thinking, I guess?" She acts as if she's clueless, "What about you two? are you two on a date by any chance?"

DATE?

With Rinne dropping the bomb. Shido and I looked at each other and had our face turn tomato along with steam puffing over on top of our head. We then looked away. Before Shido could come up an excuse, I had my instinct took over this entire situation.

"DATE?! ARE YOU INSANE RINNE? WHY WOULD I DATE THIS HAREMIST? HELL THIS GUY HAS A LOLI FETISH IN HIS HARE-" I was then interrupted with a bonk on the head.

Shido bonked my head.

"That enough from you, stupid Tohka." Shido said with a hint of venom.

I grab hold on to my head to ease up the pain. Then glared at Shido.

"You bastard! Itsu-trash!" After that insult name call, Shido begins to pull my cheek.

"DAMN YOU! You little bitch!" He exclaimed.

"Oww, Please no not the cheeks!" I cried like Aqua.

Rinne on the other hand, was feeling nervous with this whole tone turning into a sibling warfare.

"Quite the bond, you two hold." This brought Shido to stop pulling my cheeks as our gaze turn to Rinne when she spoke.

"Yeah... its normal for us to act like this." Shido and I answer Rinne in sync.

Rinne simply chuckles.

"Hee Hee, so Shido you were thinking right? What were you thinking about?"

Shido then became flustered as he was scratching his face with one finger.

"Um, well you see... hey, I won't get caught up in that!" Shido exclaim seemingly having a mental argument with himself on what kind of things was on his pervy mind. That last one was a joke.

"Is there something you can't tell? even to your childhood friend?" Rinne teases.

"Yeah, Shido are you too embarrass that Rinne might see you as a degenerate friend? Don't worry I will still support! whenever if you're thou furry, lolicon, or even a crossdresser I will gladly support you towards the end!" I follow Rinne's tease which causes her to actually chuckle from my rant.

This however causes to Shido to explode in embarrassment.

"Shut up! and keep that twisted mouth of yours shut, TOHKA!"

"Well anyway, since its about to get late. My guess is you're thinking what dinner will we be having tonight, right?" Rinne ask.

"Actually that wasn-"

GROWL~

That Shido stomach and not mine. Surprisingly.

I think its because of the cafe snacks I had earlier.

"Oh Shido, you're such a glutton. Careful though you might even rival Tohka. I just wonder if that happens when you spend enough time with someone?" Rinne added.

"Huh? oh now that mention it..." Shido thought about her last sentence.

"She's not wrong about that." I said.

"But that's what I like about you, Shido you know?" Rinne whispers the last parts but both Shido and I heard it. She wasn't quiet enough.

Shido actually got flustered in embarrassment by Rinne's affection towards him.

"EHH?! What'd you just say?" He exclaimed as his face was left red.

"Did she just said what I think she said?!" I ask.

Rinne in return also became flustered as she was shaking.

"Nothing! I didn't say anything!" She excuses herself.

Shido and I had a text written in our faces that says 'Doubt'.

"Well what about dinner?" I ask Rinne again which jug her memory.

"Right, well then I should get going and buy some ingredient for tonight. You better come to dinner, Shido! I already know Tohka will be there."

"R-right." Shido nod.

"Alright will cya later Rinne!" I said my goodbye to her as she smile and walk out of the playground area leaving Shido and I sighing with relief.

That pressure was weighting me completely. Shido still wasn't cool about the antics I pulled towards him when Rinne was here. But there is one thing that bugs him.

"As much as I love Rinne's cooking. How come I don't get to cook for her?" He ask.

"Well maybe! This is a new method to seduce spirit sealers like you! Have you to love her cooking then execute it with you declaring your love to her!" I deduct.

"Or maybe because she's literally God in this world and can do whatever she wants?"

Actually that's a better way to interpret it. With time to waste we decided to head home to the Itsuka Residence. Shido and I agreed to keep going with our daily routines and chill for a while until we could come up with a plan.

But we should be at the middle peak of this crazy world plot by now. Additionally I have discovered a few weak spot lurking around here. One thing for sure there are not two altar shrine scattered across the city. One of them I manage to destroyed and causes to summon a guardian spirit.

If those shrine are to be destroyed then that could weaken Ruler's power and a possible W dub for us.

...
Itsuka Residence

The moment we arrived, Shido and I agreed to just wait for Rinne since she's the one in charge on making dinner. So we sat down at the sofa and watch TV. Along with us were Yoshino and Kotori as well.

The duo lolis seems to have been waiting for a while since they've been watching a soap opera. Kotori must've got off early from her work as the Commander.

I'm just stating this now because their eyes are glued to the TV. Shake my head.

Without me noticing someone rang the front doorbell. Naturally Shido answers it as he got up from the sofa and check who it was. No surprise Rinne came in with a bag of groceries which was our dinner.

She probably used her powers to get those ingredients.

With Rinne in the house, this brought Kotori and Yoshino to joy. I on the other gaze towards the TV like a tired old man.

"I'll start preparing dinner while you guys just sit there and wait!" She announce.

"HAI!" All of us respond to her.

With that enthusiastic response Rinne began her cooking in the kitchen. While she did we sorta heard a few loud noisy coming from the kitchen but simply ignored it.

I did gaze to the kitchen on time to time to see how she manage to cook very well. After all I highly doubt she would just use her spirit powers to make foods appear. Which is too boring and lazy.

"Acchoo!" Rinne sneeze, luckily away from the food.

"You alright Rinne!" Shido shouts in concern.

"Yeah! felt like somebody was talking about me." Rinne replies while I cringe and drop down on the sofa.

Then it was time.

"Alright the food is ready!" Rinne called us out.

Kotori and Yoshino ran towards the dining table with hunger. Ironically I walked. Usually Tohka would want to be the first one to sit down. But I'm not that Tohka. I'm Self Insert Tohka. HAHAHAHA.

"Wow! These look good Rinne-Neechan!" Kotori praises her work. She was wearing her weak white ribbons so nothing odd with her attitude.

"It does look yummy," Yoshino quietly complement her.

[HAHAHA, It does look yummy. It might as well look as yummy as Shido's cooking!] Yoshinon shouts following her friend Yoshino.

"Ah, how very nice of you to say." Rinne replies with a smile.

"Did you guys seriously have to say that Rinne's cooking is better than mine? Tohka what do you think?"

I look at him then at my plate. I pick up my chopsticks and tried Rinne's cooking again. With a few chew and bites.

SLAM

I drop my chopstick and plate.

"What do you think Tohka?" Shido ask as he was sitting from across me. I stare at him with no response but I did something that he doesn't expected to happen.

I went to the fridge and grab the loaf bread with the slices already cut. I took two pieces. You will find out what I'm about to do.

With the two slices of bread in my hand I walk up to Shido. Rinne, Yoshino, and Kotori look confused as they kept chewing and at the same time eye balling Shido and I.

I had the two slice of bread place between the side of Shido and said this.

"WHAT ARE YOU?!" I shout to him, he was startled.

"What? Tohka wh-" I interrupted his words.

"I SAID WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

"Tohka please. Don't do th-"

"DID I STUTTER?! ANSWER MY QUESTION!"

"I'm an idiot sandwich." Shido said.

"Right an idiot sandwich. You know what I mean by that right?" I asked him.

"You're saying that because Rinne's cooking was far greater than mine? Am I right?" Shido sounding pretty piss at my humiliation on him.

"Damn right,"

Rinne however was not satisfied with my displaced behavior.

"Tohka could you please not bully Shido. Especially at the dinner table. Now finish your dinner!" She sternly said. Though her tone felt very menacingly like how mother tell her kid off.

"Seriously though, this isn't how you usually act Tohka. Are you alright?" Kotori ask since she is the commander.

"I'm alright, lets just eat." With the slice of bread in my hand. I simply ate them when I finish up my dinner since I didn't want to waste any food tonight.

...

Dinner was done and Rinne was alright to clean things up. Shido and I decided to discuss our meeting in his room.

As soon as I entered his room. Things took a turn towards south.

Shido decided to playfully pull my cheeks.

"YOU IDIOT! THAT WAS WAY JERKY OF YOU TO BLUNTLY SAY MY COOKING IS TERRIBLE!"

I kind of tear off comically as my eyes was watering.

"WAAHHHH!! No please I was only kidding! Stop pulling my cheeks!" I cried out.

KNOCK!

KNOCK!

I saved! By none other than Shido's adorable little sister, Kotori! Shido quickly let go of my cheeks and we quickly fixed our posture.

"Come in," Shido said. Kotori then walks inside the room.

"Eh? Tohka?" Kotori ask, I notice her ribbons switched back commander mode.

"Hmm? Kotori what's wrong?" I ask.

Kotori went straight down business as she provided a few intel and reports today.

"The spiritual wave detected in Tengu City... I told you how it mostly likely holds an enormous power, right?"

"Yeah... Something about a far-reaching barrier that some spirit used. What about it sis?" Shido answers Kotori.

"Well, it seems that someone who's responsible for it can't completely control that enormous power." She continues.

"Meaning?" I try to understand.

"You see Tohka, I've been having Reine analyze the spiritual wave everyday but the range of spiritual energy is too wide, and pretty unstable. Not only that but fluctuation are getting every day... Though I might add as earlier this afternoon unexpectedly some of its reading, out of nowhere vanishes."

With those sentences spoken I began to sweat.

"Wait vanishes?" Shido begins to eye me then sighs. " Could it be that we actually have some opening we can take advantage of? Then that's a bit reassuring..."

"Shido, you idiot. That's the opposite." Kotori states.

I continue to watch while Shido looks a like fool.

"Huh?"

"If we assume the culprit is a spirit, then the instability is seriously dangerous." Kotori says.

"Well how about have Shido date the spirit?" I suggested.

"That is smart, though we haven't identified the spirit just yet. So in other words we can't risk it. Plus with this large of a power, if they one of us go berserk-"

Shido was starting to shake a little with these amount of red flag coming up.

"W-what w-would happen t-then?"

"The city, no, th-" I cut off Kotori.

"Basically doomsday. The end of the world." I said.

"WHAT?! N-no way!" He exclaimed.

"You could say it would even at least par with the Eurasian spatial quake from 30 years ago. One that is capable of blowing up Japan. So we need to step up our game and solve this solution. Moreover, The fact that we Spirit haven't felt any effect from being in such a strong and unstable spirit barrier is a really strange in the first place... Tohka do you feel anything strang?" Kotori explains as she ask from her last sentence.

"Well, I feel kind of strong though. Like I'm back at full power." I answer her leaving to another explanation.

"So you're feeling the same as I do," Kotori says, "Tengu City has been felt like its surrrounded with a highly dense mass of spiritual energy almost like this entire city became a black hole or a hot spot for a certain reason."

"Umm?" Shido still didn't understand it.

Before Kotori spoke I took over.

"To be it bluntly, if this city has powerful energy stored is unable to support it. Well it causes problems. Do you understand now?" I state him the obvious following a meh nod from Shido.

"Wow, I'm sorta proud of Tohka and disappointed in you Shido." Kotori judges us both.

Shido felt like he was stabbed in the heart by Kotori's harsh words. Being outsmarted by Tohka Yatogami of all people in intellect.

"Wait so basically if Tohka and the others were to be pulled in the distortion then it would b easier for them to lose control right?" Shido finally understood it.

"That's right, But we still cannot come to a conclusion, will have to keep investigating. So prioritize dating the spirits and stabilizing them." Kotori finishes.

"But... I can control my powers well..." I said.

"Nobody ask you!" Kotori talks back. Well that stung.

"Ooogh... you're right, that's more important, isn't it?" Shido ask.

"It's alright, sooner or later will figure out the mystery and find a solution. If Tohka and the others lose control, Then it's putting the cart before the horse right?"

What kind of saying is that?

"Right, I understand." Shido says. Then looks at me.

"Yeah same here, I will keep my power stable though. But to be honest I don't feel anything bad."

Kotori smiles.

"That's good to hear for both you. Though you been acting very different in these last few days Tohka. It's probably for the better... I kind of like this new you. Alright you two knuckle heads sleep well..."

With that Kotori then closes the door leaving Shido and I with huge breathes.

"Man that was intense..." I said.

"Same here... anyways so that spiritual wave disappearing? You found something I assume." Shido repond.

"That's right, It seems she has shrines that act as power source that keeps this city at a black hole state. So far I only destroyed one."

"I see," Shido has his thumb under his chin, "Well my relationship with Rinne is starting reach its peak. The sooner I reach that peak then the sooner will have our chance on getting home. We should call a night."

I nod my head as I walk out of his room and headed towards my room as fast as I could before Rinne catches me. She still in the house mind you. Probably cleaning the dishes still.

With that finally settled down I quickly changed into my pajamas and hopped in my bed. Tomorrow is going to be the same old day. Like any other school days would be. But as of right now, I guess I'll have to search the two last shrines and end this rather early.

Good night...

...

...

It really is inconvenient... to have a nuisance ruining your plan.

You may have destroyed a mere parts of Eden but that could be recovered...

Just what is your goal?! My world is not wrong by any means! It is to serve its purpose!

If my power don't stabilize, what will I do...

That's right... it's been right under my nose... Just like the spirits, I can...

I see... How did I not think of this before... It appears i my haste I failed to consider it...

I'm sure that... with this...

I could keep this world... from collapsing...

YOU... ... ... T̸͚̬͙̍̏̎̍̽̓̈́͌̆̌͒̐͐͊̍̚͝ȯ̷̜̯͚͙̼̀͂̐̕h̸̢̝̰͔̜̽͐̽̐̈͋͋͌̀̅͛̿̀̂͊̊̚̚͘͘͘͜k̵͚͈̗͙̓̈́̂̒̀̿̊̑̒͂̈̒̂̓̽͛̈̉̕ā̵̡̨̛͉͉͉̤̺̩̲͓͈̻̻͖̣̠̦̫̭̀͋̏́͛̍͊̇̋̅͘̚̕͠͠ ̸̛̣͒͌̿̏̓͆͑͒̿̿́̌͑̀̊Y̶̡̨̛̛͈̤̻̯̔̒̊̔̒̾̂́͆͆͑͠͠ā̶̦̱̞̻͙̖̞̤͉̫̞̯͖͇̝̘͍͉̬̝̐̑́t̵̢̻̹̠̼̟̋̔̿̉̈̑̓͋́̌̋̈́̂͆̑̋͌͠ơ̸̾̾͛̃̾̒̒̄͑̎̓̋̋̑̀̈́̕͜͝ģ̵̯̹̬̠͂̄̈́̕à̶̯͈̪́̆̂̋͝m̸̡̹̱̬̈́͐̐̇̽̎̉́̅̈́͒̋̇i̸̢̢̲͎̮̯̥̪͖̦̣̮̽̎̓͑̀͒̏̈́̾͊̑̾̎͜͠ͅ try not to interfere with Eden ever again... A warning to remind you the consequences for disobeying...

What the hell was that all about? Rinne? did she seriously gave me a warning? Am I starting to lose it? Oh well. Time to hunt down those two Eden Shrines.

I'm going to dream something else...

How does this even work now?

End of Chapter 21

This chapter was not edit and was rushed! :p

Hello, Yes I'm still alive. But also this day June 28, 2022 happens to be the first one year anniversary of the story being posted. That's right the story is now a year old. Damn time does fly by and with 21 chapter posted this cracky story is a huge hit!

Rinne Utopia Arc, I'm starting to regret writing this one seriously I'm running out of ideas.

But we're near the end!

I'll see you all on the next chapter! Hopefully!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 10.4K 100
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚.. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙢 𝙄? ❞ ∘₊✧──────✧₊∘ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
38.9K 2.3K 46
-CURRENT ARC: Chunin Exams\/ (Chapters 41 - N/A) [Prologue: 1 - 23 Team Assignment: 24 - 28 Land of Waves: 29 - 34 Pre-Chunin Exams: 35 - 40] This is...
16.5K 342 14
In the Date a live universe, an average student Named Shido Itsuka had his life wrapped up in the responsibilities of sealing the spirits and gifting...
148K 2.1K 40
[COMPLETED] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ok hii this story is basically oneshots of alot of characters. You my beautiful reader are my oc!! You just get...