Eyes Blacker Than Night (ON H...

By Wingerz17

The day I moved from Manchester to the countryside was the day my life changed forever. New house. New schoo... More

Eyes Blacker Than Night
Chapter 2 - What's the deal ?
Chapter 3 - What are you hiding?
Chapter 4 - Pizza and Danger
Chapter 5 - Getting by...
Chapter 6 - The Sanchez's
Chapter 7 - Lloyd Sanchez
Chapter 8 - Camp out Weekend
Chapter 9 - Camp out weekend continued...
Chapter 10 - Time moved on...
Chapter 11 - Disaster
Chapter 12 - The Truth, or half of it!
Chapter 14 - Saturday
Chapter 15 - A day with the Sanchez's
Chapter 16 - Cinema
Chapter 17 - I want the truth
Chapter 18 - I owe you!
Chapter 19 - Dom/Tori
Chapter 20 - Friends
Chapter 21 - Sorry is the Truth
Chapter 22 - A boring day
Chapter 23 - 'Angel'

Chapter 13 - Research...REALLY!

53 1 0
By Wingerz17

Chapter 13 - Crazy Research

When I got home, Cyrus was adamant I did absolutely nothing.

Dad was somewhere working I suspect, or seeing that skank who we have no idea about. Cy' was downstairs making me pancakes and I was led on my bed, those God forsaken crutches led lifelessly on the floor. Let me tell you this, crutches were crafted by the Devil and that is not an understatement believe me. The laptop was sat proudly on my lap, glowing brightly was the word GOOGLE. That beautiful search engine which we spend half our lives on typing in random things we need to know about.

DEMONS.

I type the word in capitals into the search engine, looking at the suggested things on the drop down list - Demons never die, Demon lyrics, Demons souls etc. I press enter on DEMONS and there is about 88,600,000 results. This will be fun! Best get on with it.

It was about half hour later when Cyrus came into my room carrying a tray of pancakes, drizzled with syrup, sugar, lemon and topped with strawberries. I shut my computer and looked up at him smiling.

"What have you been looking at?" He asked,

"They look gorgeous Bro" I smiled,

"Trying to change the subject?"

"Oh, no, sorry, I was just doing some of my RS project"

"Hmmm", he moved my laptop and handed me the plate and cutlery.

"Thank you"

"Anything for you Sis'" he smiled, "I'm in my room doing essays and shit like that if you need me"

"Okay. I'll make sure to holler," he smiled and walked out. I flicked on the telly and ate my pancakes. NCIS was on, so I watched that and demolished the delicious plate of pancakes, which I thoroughly enjoyed. After NCIS, I turned the telly off and carefully reached over to put my plate on the floor and grab my laptop off the side.

DEMONS.

Now where was I?

...

I must have fallen asleep. I looked at the time. I definitely fell asleep. My bed side clock flashed 8.30pm. Man, I slept for a while, why didn't Cyrus wake me up? I slid off the bed. Ow, forgot about my leg. I picked up my crutches and left my room gingerly. It was silent until I reached the stairs, where the shouting started.

"How could you be so bloody selfish?"

"I'm not selfish, it was a fresh start"

"Fresh start my flaming arse, you moved down here because of her. There is no other reason behind it and that is selfish. You drag Tammara down here away from her friends, away from her college and you tell me that's not being selfish. Mum had the bloody right idea getting away from you didn't she, I mean shit Dad"

"Cy' it's not like that..."

"No, because from where I'm standing it seems like that"

"Well it isn't and you aren't going to be around so it doesn't affect you Cyrus, so why don't you just piss off back to Uni and stop trying to stir shit around here, I'm the parent"

"And a shit one too, I'll go back up to Newcastle gladly, but I'll take my little sister with me"

"You will not"

"Oh, try me" I heard a door slam and then footsteps as Cyrus came into view, he looked at me, "Tam...shit", and I dropped to the floor, my crutches strewn half way across the landing,

"He's got a woman, that's why he made us move down here," I stuttered,

"You weren't meant to hear that Tam, I'm sorry"

"But is it true, is this Rhina character Dad's new bit of stuff?" he sighed,

"Yeah, it's true and he wasn't exactly going to tell us either, not for a while longer anyway"

"Can I come back up to Newcastle with you like you said?"

"Yes. Dad won't stop me", Dad then came into view.

"Oh really, you are my children, I pay for all your things, I give you money everyday, in which you survive on. I pay for the house over your head, I'm paying for University. Tammara you will be going nowhere, especially back up to Newcastle with your brother you hear me,"

"Stop my money then, see if I care" Cyrus snapped,

"I'm going out and I expect both of you to be in an apologetic mood when I come back"

"Off out to see your skank?"

"You dare disrespect Rhina again; I will have you permanently removed forever"

"Are you threatening me?"

"Just merely stating a fact" and with that Dad left. The whole time I just kept quiet, trying to take in all that was being spouted from peoples mouths,

"Tammara are you going to be okay?" I zoned back to the present world,

"What? Sorry"

"I'm going out for a little bit, to clear my mind, is that okay or do you want me to stay?"

"Go...I'll be fine"

"You sure?"

"100%", He looked at me "Help me up and then go Cy'", he nodded and carefully helped me up and handed me my crutches, he made sure I was comfy and had what I needed, like crappy food, then left. I pulled out my laptop and carried on researching Demons. This is what I've found out so far:

Demons are very deceitful and they lie a lot.

They are extremely powerful and can kill humans with a flick of their finger.

They can appear and disappear in seconds.

They can possess you to do whatever they want.

They can read your minds and send you thoughts in your mind. To the extreme where you can kill yourself (Oh I'm scared now)

Their true face can only be seen by other Demons; we see the body they are possessing. OH MY GOD. The Sanchez's are in like somebody's dead body! Gross.

Their black eyes represent the blackness of their soul and evil.

They literally burn at the touch of holy water and can be killed by a special type of Demon killing knife (Yeah if one exists) and a gun, by the name of the Colt, or (that's what I've read).

You can exorcise them by saying this exorcism in a random language; it sends them back to hell.

So basically everything I've found so far is bad and it's putting me off wanting to go near the Sanchez's again! I print off my work, so I could show them my findings. Okay you're crazy, why are you going to show Demons about all the things they can do! Well because in this weird way, I kind of trust them.

At 10.30pm I heard the door go, then Cyrus thankfully call out,

"I have Indian take away". Mmmm food, I made my way carefully and slowly down the stairs on my bum, then crutched into the sitting room where Cyrus was laying out a feast. "Thought you'd be hungry"

"You thought right". So we chilled out on the sofa tucking into poppadoms, naan bread, jalfrazi curry, tandoori chicken curry, onion bahjis, Lamb Rogan and a mushroom bhuan. It was tasty and I was about to explode,

"Ben and jerries' cookie dough?" Cyrus said, okay I'm not exploding yet,

"I'm game if you are"

"I'll go get the spoons and the tub". We sat around eating ice cream and watching TV until around midnight before Cyrus called it a night for us both. Dad wasn't back, not that we cared, he was probably staying at the skanks house.

"Goodnight bro" I yawned as I headed into my room,

"Night Sis'",

"Love you"

"Love you too"

"Have a nice lie in"

"I will and you will too"

---------------------------------------------------

Our lie in didn't exactly turn out to be very long, as we heard Dad come through the door noisily. He also banged it hard. Their also sounded like more than one person and the other person sounded like a woman, there was a lot of giggling and shouting, as well as things falling over. Or that's what it sounded like anyway.

I craned my neck to see the time, 06:30am shined bright. You had got to be kidding me. I heard movement next door; I guessed Cyrus was awake too! I got out of bed and headed to the door, kind of hopping as I left the crutches on the floor, the door opened and Cyrus stood there, I steadied myself on him,

"Really" He said, and he did not look happy either. "Dad is taking the piss"

"He's got Rhina down there doesn't he?"

"No doubt and by the sounds of it, he sounds drunk"

"Dad, drunk"

"Yeah"

"I'm going out"

"With me, yes we are after I've had a go at Dad"

"I wouldn't waste your breath Cy'"

"Just go and get ready" he said walking off. There is no need to be sour towards me, I thought, returning to my room to get changed. I struggled into my joggers, due to the cast, but did it in the end and pulled on a t-shirt and hoody, slipped my phone in my pocket, threw up my hair and departed from my bedroom. I headed downstairs on my bum, throwing the crutches down first. The crashing noise at the bottom must have been heard by Dad as he came into view, grinning at me, with this skank on his arm. She looked half his age, she had long auburn coloured straight hair, big brown eyes, she was wearing a white shirt and a blue skirt which was way to short, she was also barefoot. The word skank suited her,

"Tammara, meet your new Mum"

"What?" I said, getting up with the help of my crutches,

"Nice to meet you Tammara, I'm Rhina"

"Are you the reason we moved down here?"

"Of course I'm not", I heard footsteps behind me,

"Son...meet Rhina, your new Mum"

"Do you know how old he is?" Cyrus said,

"What your father?"

"Yes"

"He's 40"

"And how old are you?"

"Cyrus" Dad scolded,

"I'm 23"

"Yeah and I'm 20 and I'm his son...Tammara come on lets go"

"Cyrus...I..." Rhina tried,

"Don't even go there", he replied, I headed to the front door, he opened it and let me walk out, then slammed it behind him,

"Cy'" he ignored me. Fine, I thought, heading to his car, he opened the passenger door and I got in, once it was shut, he headed around the car and got in, "Be mad at Dad and Rhina, but not me", he started the car,

"I know...I'm sorry"

<<<

Hope this gave you an insight and was okay!!

Sorry for any mistakes...

Next update: I don't actually know when. I kind of have writers block and haven't had time to write more :( But I will soon...

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 179 36
I let the archangel take me, in hopes of protecting my family from the self appointed God that was once my lover. I battled with heartache, a disabil...
7.2K 327 47
It had been one year since Alexis had been in the hunting world. One year since Sam had pushed Lucifer back into the pit and stopped the apocalypse...
155K 3.1K 26
You were a normal hunter going to complete a salt and burn. In and out, right? Wrong, you met two handsome brothers and get mixed up with them. What'...
79.7K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...