Shatter Me (flareon x glaceon)

By ThunderStorm-bringer

A flareon with a horrible past, meets a lonely glaceon. glaceon has trouble showing emotions to the other pok... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 26

1.4K 32 138
By ThunderStorm-bringer

Mira's POV

My paws were wrapped around something very fluffy and soft.

This made me feel very safe, and comfortable.

The fluffy fur made me purr from how comfortable it was.

A soft squeak came from me, as I hugged the fluffy closer.

My head rested in the fluffy mane.

It was so comfortable, I didn't want to move.

But sadly, I was starting to wake up.

As I woke up, I held the fluff close to me.

Slowly, my eyes began to open.

All I saw, was red and cream colored fur.

I then gave a soft squeak, when I realized who this fur belonged to.

Anshul's fur was always so soft and fluffy.

Hugging his fluffy fur always made me feel safe.

My ears slowly raised, as I woke up fully.

I then wondered if anymon was awake.

Once I got enough courage, I slowly peaked over Anshul's fluff.

A soft giggle came from the right side of the room.

When I turned that way, I saw a regular Ninetales.

My ears lowered from shyness, and only my eyes poked out above Anshul's fluff.

"Is she always so shy?" Eva The Ninetales asked.

"Yep, especially when she's near Anshul." Amber answered.

I whined, when I heard Amber from the left side of the room.

My head disappeared behind Anshul's fluff, and I used my scarf to hide my blush.

"Awww, your sister is so adorable, when she's flustered." Eva said, in a kind tone.

"Yea right? I'm so proud of her though. She's the best sister I could have asked for." Amber said, with a smile.

A soft squeak came from me, when Amber said that.

Even if I appreciated it deeply what Amber said, it still didn't get rid of my shyness.

"I sense an unbreakable bond between you two. I haven't ever witnessed a bond as strong as yours. Your bonds are even stronger than Flurry's and Chase's bond. You two must have been through a lot" Eva said.

The entire room became silent.

Anxiety crawled over my back, and my ears went down.

Amber felt the suspense in the room, and swiftly began to talk.

"Y-Yea...we have been through...A lot together..." Amber said, as her ears moved down as well.

Eva then noticed the suspense, after saying that.

"Uhh, sorry about that, I probably brought up horrible memories with my last sentence...Do you two enjoy cooking?" Eva asked.

Amber raised her paw, and nodded.

"I do..." She answered.

"Would you like to help me cook?" Eva asked Amber.

Amber nodded her head.

"Sure." She answered, and got up from the couch, leaving Clyde there to sleep.

Eva got up as well, and led Amber toward the kitchen.

I whined softly from worry.

Amber then turned toward me, and nodded at me, as if to say it was ok.

She then followed the Ninetales.

Now, I was the only mon awake.

I pushed my head into Anshul's mane to sob silently to myself.

The memories of our past invaded my mind.

We mourned our past, every time something was mentioned about it.

"Mira?" I suddenly heard something say my name.

I whined softly, when my name was said.

My head slowly raised from Anshul's floof.

When I looked around the room to try and identify where the voice came from, I saw Ciana on the chair beside the chair Blake was on.

"You're distraught about something. Want to talk about it?" Ciana asked.

I looked at Ciana with a sad expression , and shook my head.

"Perhaps, I can help you calm down, if you want." Ciana said in a calm tone.

Her offer made me hesitate.

After some debating, I decided to accept Ciana's help.

"Y-Yes p-please..." I said, my ears droop against my head.

Ciana then raised one of her ribbons.

"My ribbons have a soothing effect, when they come in contact with those I care about. They can calm you down." Ciana said in a calm tone.

Her ribbon began to elegantly levitate toward me.

It was slow, and harmless.

When it came near me, it stopped.

"Could you raise your paw?" Ciana asked.

I squeaked softly, and did what Ciana asked.

My paw raised from behind Anshul, allowing the ribbon to make contact with it.

Ciana's ribbon wrapped around my paw gently.

A soothing feeling traveled through my paw, and went into my body.

"Mira. I want to tell you something about my backstory, are you ok with that?" Ciana then said.

My eyes widened, when I heard what Ciana said.

She was willing to share her backstory with me.

"D-Does anymon else know your b-backstory?" I asked Ciana.

Ciana then motioned her head over to Blake.

"O-Only Blake?" I asked.

Ciana nodded at me.

I then made up my mind.

"S-Sure." I accepted to hear Ciana's backstory.

She sighed softly, and then looked at me.

"The reason I'm telling you my backstory, is to take your mind off of your own, alright?" Ciana asked.

I nodded at Ciana, confirming my choice.

"When I grew up, my mother was the only one that could take care of me. I lived together with my mother, in a village. My father however, wasn't allowed inside the village. My father was an alpha, of a pack. So, they weren't allowed to be together..." Ciana said, before I asked her something.

"W-Why weren't they allowed to be together?" I asked.

"Because packs are usually classified as dangerous, by villagers. And as alpha of a pack, its set in stone to be together with the alpha female of the group. Only, my mother didn't want to become part of a pack, for my safety, and because my mother wasn't so fond of the idea." Ciana explained.

"A-Alright...But why didn't your dad just leave the pack?" I then asked.

"I...It's a bit more complicated than just quit. If my father just left his pack, they wouldn't have a leader anymore...None of the others were fitted to be an alpha. So if my dad left, he'd doom the entire pack..." Ciana said, with a sad frown.

"S-So, you could n-never see your father?" I asked.

"No...For our own safety, I was never allowed to see him...If I would, there would be a risk we'd get discovered by the village, and we'd get kicked out then...Because of all of this, my mother was my only parent that could raise me. This meant, I only learned what my mother knew. She knew a lot about taking care of others, understanding other mons their emotions, calming those I care about, and learn to look at the positive things in life, not the negative things." Ciana told me.

I nodded at Ciana.

"Umm...So your mother knew all about your father, right? H-How did she Illustrate him to you?" I asked Ciana.

"My mother said he's very nice, always headstrong, and calm for an alpha. I would have really loved to meet him myself, but it sadly wasn't possible at the time. By the time I was finally old enough, my father was nowhere to be found. My mother assumed, they fled, cause the village send mons out to investigate the forest. So I never met my father..." Ciana finished her story, with a sad look on her face.

"I...I-I'm sorry that things w-went like that..." I said.

Ciana looked back up at me, and smiled.

"It's ok, it's been a while since I've told my story to anymon. And keeping it to myself for a long time, just makes me grow anxious. So thank you for listening." Ciana said.

Ciana's kindness made me smile.

At this moment, the front door of the den opened up.

I yipped from surprise, and hid behind Anshul.

Ciana looked up at who opened the door.

"Quick! Close the door!" A familiar voice said.

The sounds of the front door closing were heard.

"I think none of them saw us." Another familiar voice said.

"I can confirm this. None of them followed us." A Female voice said.

The small group of three mons padded around the couch, and made themselves known.

It was Shade, Flurry and Reina from yesterday.

Anshul began to wake up, from the noises that were happening, when the trio arrived.

This made me squeak, and hug him a bit more tightly.

Anshul yawned, and saw Shade, Flurry and Reina.

"G-Good morning everymon." Anshul greeted everymon.

"Ah, good morning. I hope your back doesn't hurt too much, from sleeping on the couch." Shade said.

"Meh, Its ok. I'd take the couch, over any floor." Anshul then said.

"Heh, I can respect that." Shade said.

"Flurry? Reina? You two also made it?" Anshul asked.

"Well, kind of. Let's just say, we got some help." Flurry Answered, and looked at Shade.

"After you all fell asleep, I began to wonder. I then realized, I grew worried about what could happen to both Flurry and Reina, if I didn't help them get here. They would have been hunted the entire night. That Lucario is extremely persistent." Shade said.

"Oh. Well, I'm very glad everymon made it here safe...Except for Chase...Where is Chase currently?" Anshul asked.

Both Flurry and Reina looked at Shade.

"Can we see him, Dad?" Flurry asked.

Shade nodded, and pawed at the hallway on the left side of the room.

"He's in mine and Eva's room." Shade said to Flurry and Reina.

Flurry and Reina nodded, and they went to see Chase.

As the two made their way to the hallway, I slowly peaked out above Anshul's fur.

When I did that, Anshul turned to see me.

A nervous shy squeak came from me, when Anshul noticed me.

He grew a kind smile, and patted my head, softly.

I began to purr, as he patted my head.

"Hey Shade, I actually wanted to tell you something." Anshul then said, as he continued to pat my head.

Shade looked up at Anshul.

"Go ahead." Shade said.

Anshul was about to ask his question, but he then noticed something

"Well...wait...where's Amber?" Anshul asked, as he only saw Clyde on the couch.

He first looked at Ciana, but Ciana shrugged.

"I don't know, she was gone by the time I woke up." Ciana said, and looked at me.

Anshul noticed Ciana looking at me, and turned to face me.

When Anshul did that, I grew a soft blush.

"Do you know, where you sister went, Mira?" Anshul asked me.

I nodded softly.

"S-She went w-with Eva, t-to make some b-breakfast for u-us all." I said, nervously.

Anshul then smiled kindly at me.

"So she's in the kitchen with Eva?" Anshul asked.

I nodded my head, to answer Anshul's question.

"Oh they are making breakfast!? I got to see this!" Shade said, and disappeared before anymon could say a word.

Anshul turned back to where Shade was, but saw he was gone.

"Well, there he goes." Anshul said, and turned back to me, again.

This time, I blushed a bit more, as I didn't expect him to turn back to face me.

"Did you sleep well? No nightmares anymore, right?" Anshul asked.

"I-I s-slept r-really good." I answered shyly.

"That's great to hear. I'm very happy that those ambushes didn't make you scared, or afraid." Anshul said with a kind smile.

Anshul made me feel safe.

I am actually surprised I could sleep yesterday.

Then, I thought about how I fell asleep.

My blush deepened, when I remembered cuddling up to Anshul's fluffy fur to fall asleep.

There was just something about Anshul, which made me feel safe, and comfortable...

"Mira? Are you ok?" Anshul then asked.

I snapped out of my thoughts, and nodded.

"Y-Yes, I'm o-ok." I answered swiftly.

Anshul chuckled softly, and patted my head again.

I couldn't help myself, but to purr from the soft paw that patted my head.

His paw felt so soft and fluffy, that I unintentionally nudged his paw.

After I realized what I did, I blushed deeper.

Anshul didn't even seem to notice.

"Aww, aren't you two an adorable couple together." Shade then suddenly said, who was leaning on the back of the couch, with his head on his paws.

I yipped loudly, and hid my face in the couch.

As I turned away, I could see a blush on Anshul's face as well.

"U-Umm, w-we uh...W-We're c-close friends." Anshul said embarrassedly.

Shade raised an eyebrow at us.

"Is that so? Hmm, hard to believe—ahem..." Shade coughed softly.

Both Flurry and Reina then entered the room again.

Shade looked at the two of them.

"How's Chase?" Shade asked.

"Confused, scared and sad." Flurry said.

Shade looked down.

"Just like earlier...He seems distraught...What could we possibly do to calm him down?" Shade asked everymon in the room.

"M-Maybe Ciana c-could help..." I then said.

Everymon looked at me, and then they all turned to Ciana.

She looked at everymon.

"Well, I can maybe soothe him with my ribbons." Ciana suggested.

"I'm not sure, but maybe he wants to talk to Blake." Flurry said.

"Hmm? Why Blake specifically?" Shade asked.

"Blake is the one that saved Chase. Chase is probably in fear, because of everything that happened. I think it's smart to let Blake talk with him." Anshul said.

Ciana turned to Blake, who was surprisingly still sleeping, despite him being a dark type.

"Blake, we need your help with something." Ciana asked, as one of her ribbons gave Blake a soft push.

A soft grunt came from Blake, as he woke up.

"...huh...what is it..." Blake asked, curiously to Ciana.

"Chase needs your help. He's scared, and doesn't know what to do." Ciana said.

Blake got to his paws, and yawned.

He also stretched his back, and relaxed his muscles.

"...Could you bring me to him..." Blake asked.

Shade nodded, and padded from behind the couch.

"Follow me." Flurry said.

Blake jumped off the chair, and began to follow Shade.

"...Anshul...Could you come with me for a second..." Blake asked Anshul.

Anshul nodded, and jumped off the couch.

A sad whine came from me, as Anshul jumped off the couch.

I decided to get up, and follow after Anshul, Blake and Shade.

Blake padded beside Anshul.

"...Do you know something that could help Chase..." Blake asked Anshul.

"In fact, I do. It's possible for any quadruped to live on three legs. They only have to learn how to live like that." Anshul Answered.

Blake looked surprised by Anshul's answer.

"...Could you tell Shade about it..." Blake asked.

Anshul nodded.

"Of course I can." Anshul answered.

"...Thank you, Anshul..." Blake said.

I tilted my head, curious what Anshul had in mind to fix Chase.

We then all reached the room where Chase was in.

"Here it is. Please be gentle when talking to Chase, Alright?" Shade asked Blake.

Blake nodded at Shade.

"...I will..." Blake said, and then entered the room, and closed the door behind him.

Right as he closed it, he looked at me for a second, and then closed the door.

I then padded close to the door, and listened closely.

"...Chase..." Blake said, to get Chase's attention.

"...B-Blake? I-is that you?" Chase asked softly.

"...Yes, it's me...I want to talk to you...About what happened..." Blake said.

Chase remained silent, when Blake said that.

"...I know how you feel right now...That what happened to you, is terrible...It'll haunt you for quite some time..." Blake said.

"H---H-How do you know?" Chase asked.

"...Chase, be honest...What are you thinking of right now..." Blake asked.

Chase remained silent for a while.

"I-I'm w-worried about l-living a normal l-life n-now..." Chase answered in a sad tone.

"...What's worrying you exactly..." Blake asked.

"w-well, traveling...I'm an Absol...which means I have the gift to sense Disasters...It's my duty to warn those in danger of those Disasters...However, as Absol, we're often mistaken for being the reason behind those Disasters...which means we have to get away fast, to escape the angry pokemon..." Chase said, again sounding sad.

"...What about your dad...Does he still do those callings..." Blake asked.

"N-No...He has given up on the callings...He had enough of getting blamed for the disasters." Chase said.

It was silent for some time.

"...Chase...I think you should do what your dad did...Stop with the callings...Even if it's your duty, it was also the reason you lost your leg...Its better to quit those callings...before something worse happens..." Blake said.

Chase sighed deeply, before answering.

"O-Ok...I g-guess I'll stop answering the callings..." Chase answered.

Blake then jumped onto the bed Chase was on.

"...About your leg...Anshul is already thinking of a way you can continue to travel around...I know Anshul, he'll think of something...Perhaps you can travel together with Flurry and Reina, from now on..." Blake said.

"D-Do...Do you really think they're willing to do that...F-For me?" Chase asked.

"...I'm sure they want to do that for you..." Blake said.

"...T-Thank you B-Blake." Chase said, and hugged Blake.

"...You're welcome, Chase..." Blake said, and hugged back.

They then continued to hug each other for some time.

I then stopped listening by the door.

When I turned around, I noticed both Anshul and Shade were also listening by the door.

"Sounds like Blake did it. He calmed down Chase." Anshul stated.

"Indeed. Now could you tell me what you had in mind?" Shade asked.

Anshul thought about it, and then opened his leaf bag.

He grabbed what looked like a journal out of his leaf bag.

When he opened the journal, he skipped a couple pages.

Anshul was flipping through a couple of pages, and stopped when he found the right one.

He began to read what was written down in his head.

Once Anshul read what was written down, he looked up at Shade.

"Do you have some paper and quill?" Anshul asked.

Shade began to think.

"Yea, we have some in the storage room. Follow me." Shade said, and lead us to the storage room.

Once we arrived, Shade opened the door, and gave Anshul a piece of paper.

"We have a table over there, Eva usually writes her recipes down from time to time." Shade said.

"I see. Well the reason I'm writing it down, is because there are quite some steps to learning a mon to pad on three legs." Anshul said, and picked up the quill, and dipped it into the inkwell.

Anshul then began to write down what Anshul had in his journal.

It took him a little to write it all down, but eventually finished the note.

"Here, the most important thing to remember, is to have patience with Chase." Anshul said, and gave Shade the note.

Shade read what was written down, and looked back up at Anshul.

"Thank you, Anshul. I really appreciate it. Chase means a lot to us, So thank you for giving us a way, to learn Chase to pad on three legs." Shade said, and thanked Anshul.

"It's all good. I'm glad I could help." Anshul said.

Then suddenly, Eva padded into the storage room.

"Oh, we have company in the storage room it seems." Eva joked.

"hehe, hi dear. What brings you to the storage room?" Shade asked.

"I could ask you three the same, but because you asked first, I was going to write down some recipes that Amber taught me." Eva said.

"Ah great, well Anshul went ahead and wrote down what we needed to do, to teach Chase to pad on three legs." Shade said to Eva.

"Wait...really?...Thank you so much, Anshul." Eva said to Anshul.

Anshul nodded at Eva.

"It's ok, I do what I think is right." Anshul said.

Eva smiled brightly at Anshul.

"I'll write down some of my recipes as well, so Amber can make them for your group as well, when you're on adventure." Eva said, and began to write some things down.

"I-I'm sure Amber w-will appreciate t-that." I then said from behind Anshul.

Anshul turned around, and smiled at me.

He then patted my head gently, which caused me to squeak softly.

"Well, great, I'll write it down for your sister, Mira." Eva said, and continued writing.

"T-Thank you." I then said.

Shade then placed a paw on my and Anshul's shoulder.

"We're in for a treat. Eva made Pecha cobbler and Pecan pie for us." Shade said.

"Pecan? What's that?" Anshul asked.

"It's a special pie made of petaya berries. Or at least berries that look like petaya berries. I believe." Shade said.

Both me and Anshul looked at each other.

"I've never heard if that." Anshul said.

"Well, it'll be done soon, right Eva?" Shade asked.

"Yes, it's almost done. And I have the recipes for Amber as well, so let's go back to the kitchen, Shade can you grab some plates for the dining room table?" Eva asked.

"Sure dear." Shade said, and left the room.

Eva left the room as well.

Anshul then followed Eva.

I then followed after Anshul.

...

Both me and Anshul made our way back to the living room.

Shade and Eva went to the kitchen.

Anshul then looked at Flurry and Reina.

"Hey Flurry, would you mind to do something for Chase?" Anshul asked.

"Hmm? Not at all. What did you have in mind?" Flurry asked.

"Since Chase lost his leg, it would become nearly impossible for him to travel alone. Would you mind to travel with Chase?" Anshul asked.

Flurry looked at Reina.

"Would you mind, if my little brother travels with us?" Flurry asked Reina.

"Not at all." Reina said, in a kind voice.

Flurry smiled at Reina, and then looked back at Anshul.

"Not at all. We'll travel with Chase to keep him safe." Flurry said.

Anshul smiled at the two of them.

"That's very kind of you two. " Anshul said with gratitude.

"It's all good. We can't just leave my little brother here. He still has so much to see." Flurry said.

"It would be cruel to leave Chase to his faith, after he went through something so scary." Reina said.

Anshul smiled at the two mons.

"Breakfast is ready!" Eva then called out from the dining room.

Amber then suddenly padded into the living room.

She padded over toward the couch where Clyde was sleeping, and jumped onto the couch.

"Boop!" Amber said, as she booped Clyde's nose.

A grunt came from Clyde, as he began to woke up.

"Breakfast is ready, silly. Wake up." Amber said, and almost pulled Clyde off the couch.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming." Clyde said, in a tired tone, and followed Amber.

"Is Blake still by Chase?" Ciana asked.

"Yea, I think so." Anshul said.

"...Come Chase...The dining room isn't that far..." Blake's voice then suddenly said from the hallway.

Blake then appeared in the doorframe.

Chase was on his back.

"Hi Chase...Me and Shade have talked, and I've already found a way that you can continue to travel around." Anshul said to Chase.

"T-Thank you, A-Anshul." Chase said.

Blake then continued to carry Chase to the dining room.

Ciana followed Blake and Chase.

Anshul then looked at me.

"Well, let's eat some breakfast. Are you hungry, Mira?" Anshul asked.

I blushed a little, but nodded my head.

"Hmm, well I think we're in for a treat, Judging by the smell." Anshul said.

I then sniffed the air, and smelled all kinds of delicious food.

"I-It smells really n-nice." I said.

"That's right, it smells really good. Come, let's eat." Anshul said, and padded toward the dining room.

I followed closely behind Anshul.

...

As we reached the dining room, me and Anshul padded toward the dining room table.

We both took a seat.

I sat down beside Anshul, and Amber.

Amber looked very excited.

We waited for everything to be placed on the dining room table.

Ciana was beside Blake, and Chase was on the other side of Blake.

The entire kitchen smelled delicious, and I was pretty hungry, after not having eaten for a while.

Shade then rushed out the kitchen, and sat down really fast on a chair.

Flurry chuckled because of this.

"Are you excited, dad?" Flurry asked.

"Very!" Shade simply said, and grew a very big smile on his face.

Reina giggled from the two.

Eva then padded into the room, with all kinds of dishes.

There were some of Amber's dishes, but there were also some dishes I haven't seen before.

Eva placed down the dishes in the middle of the dining table.

"Me and Amber made these dishes, How about we first taste Amber's dishes, and you can all taste my dishes?" Eva asked.

"Sure, we can do that. I'm excited to taste!" Amber said.

We all agreed, and Eva's dishes went to our side of the table, while Amber's dishes went to their side.

Clyde inspected the dishes closely.

"Ooh, that looks interesting." Clyde said.

"It smells delicious, I wonder what it tastes like." Ciana said.

"Well, let's see. Eva told me that this one is Pecha cobbler. And this one here is pecan pie." Amber said.

"Oh yea, I almost forgot to give you these, Amber. Here are the recipe's for the dishes." Eva said, and gave Amber the recipe's.

"T-Thank you, Eva. That means a lot to share recipe's with somemon else." Amber said.

"It's the least I could do, after you taught me how to make your dishes."

Amber smiled at Eva, and then turned back to the dishes.

"Well, who wants Pecan pie?" Amber asked.

Anshul, Ciana and I raised my paw.

Amber then placed a piece of the pecan pie on our plates.

"So the rest wants pecha cobbler?" Amber asked.

"Yea, I want to try some pecha cobbler." Clyde said.

"...Me too..." Blake said.

Amber nodded and sliced the pecha cobbler with a knife.

She got three pieces, and placed them on Clyde's, Blake's and her plate.

Amber then sat down, and waited for everymon to be ready.

"Who will take the first bite?" Ciana asked.

"Hmm, I will." Clyde said, and took a bite from his piece of Pecha cobbler.

He tasted the dish, and slowly chew on it.

His eyes then widened.

"Holy magicarp! This is amazing!" Clyde said, and swiftly took a second bite.

Blake and Amber then began to eat as well.

I looked at Anshul, who was inspecting the pecan pie.

He then took a bite, after sniffing it.

Anshul grew a smile, as he ate.

"It's delicious!" Anshul chirped.

Both me and Ciana then took a bite.

I savored the delicious taste of the pecan pie.

Ciana was also really enjoying it.

We all ate the delicious dishes.

Amber then looked at where Chase's family sat.

"How are the dishes?" Amber asked Eva.

"They're so great! You're a great cook, Amber!" Eva said.

"I agree with Eva, your cooking is very delicious!" Shade said.

"This is the best salad I've ever tasted!" Reina said.

"The world would be a better place, if everymon knew how to make a stew like this!" Flurry said.

"I r-really like the c-cake." Chase said, with a kind smile.

Amber was very happy.

"Thank you all for the kind words. Eva, your dishes are amazing as well. Everymon loves them!" Amber said to Eva.

"That's great to hear. I'm very glad that you all enjoy my dishes!" Eva said, and started to eat Amber's dishes again.

Amber began to eat her pecha cobbler again.

I also began to eat the piece of pecan pie again.

We all enjoyed our dishes.

Everymon ate with delight.

...

Once everymon was done with eating, we moved our plates to the kitchen, and then went to the living room.

As we gathered, Anshul sat down on the couch.

I quickly jumped onto the couch, and sat down beside Anshul.

Both Clyde and Amber sat down beside me, while Blake and Ciana sat on the back of the couch.

Shade and Eva sat down in the two chairs that Blake and Ciana slept on.

Chase, Flurry and Reina sat down on the other couch.

"I hope you all liked the dishes me and Amber made, I know I did." Eva said with a smile.

"We sure did. I'd say it was the best breakfast I've had in a long time." Shade said.

"I'm very glad to hear." Eva said with a welcoming smile.

"Indeed, But I've been wondering something. Hey Anshul, are you the leader of your group of Eeveelutions?" Shade asked.

Anshul looked up at Shade, and shook his head.

"I don't see myself as leader. And I don't expect my friends to see me as the leader either." Anshul said.

Clyde chuckled softly.

"Anshul is the only mon in the front all the time, when we're traveling somewhere. And he's the one that wants to protect us from any sort of harm. So I see you as leader." Clyde said.

Anshul looked at Clyde.

"But a leader commands their followers around. I don't do that." Anshul said.

"That's true, but that's because we are your friends, right?" Amber then asked.

"I don't want to command any of you around at all." Anshul said.

"You're just a kind mon, Anshul. But you do lead us." Ciana said.

Anshul then smiled at Everymon.

"Thank you all. You're all very kind." Anshul said.

"It's all good Anshul, but I did have another question." Shade said.

Anshul tilted his head.

"Ask away." Anshul said.

"Where did you all come from? I recall never seeing eeveelutions around, and now there are 6 of them right in front of me." Shade said.

"Me and Reina also never saw any eeveelutions in the village where we were staying, so they are pretty rare to come across." Flurry said.

Anshul looked at Me, Amber and Clyde. And then he looked at Blake and Ciana.

"Well, it's a pretty long story..." Anshul said firstly.

Shade looked at Eva, and then back at Anshul.

"we don't mind." Shade said.

"I'm curious." Flurry said.

"Me too." Reina said.

"Yea, me as well." Eva said.

Chase silently nodded as well.

Anshul then spoke up.

"Alright, the first mons I met, were Clyde, Amber and Mira. They were the first pokemon I met in a long time, which were friendly to me. They lived in a village, where both grass, and water types lived. The village chief allowed me in, despite both types disliking fire types. The water types eventually began to disagree with the grass types, and a battle broke out...This caused us four to flee from the village. Fire types are very often seen as dangerous, so that's why everymon wanted me gone. After we fled from the village, we eventually came across another village with a castle. However, wanting to stay there, was the biggest mistake we ever made. Apparently, the 'king' that lived there was deranged, and very dangerous. Only dark types lived in this village, and once you enter the village, you're not allowed to leave. There's some dark history about the castle. Apparently, the king went deranged, when his brother escaped with the pokemon he had a crush on...Those two pokemon that escaped, were Blake and Ciana. After we got into the same spot Blake and Ciana were in before they escaped, Blake searched for us, and asked us to help him. So when I helped Blake with healing Ciana, Blake told us of an escape plan...Once we set the plan in motion, we all escaped into the woods we're in right now...So, that's where we came from...That's our current journey." Anshul said.

Everymon was silent.

No mon knew what to say.

"W-wow...seems all of you have had bad luck finding a village to live in...It looks like you'll all need to go somewhere new, to start with a clean slate." Shade said.

"That's what the plan was, but we got sidetracked." Clyde said.

Anshul then remembered something.

"We actually wanted to ask, if any of you know a way out of this forest. You know, to start in a new part of the forest." Anshul said.

Shade began to think.

"Hmm, there is a bridge that leads to another part of Silverwind forest. As far as I know, it's quite safe." Shade said.

Anshul grew a relieved smile.

"Where is this bridge you're talking about? I'd really appreciate it, if we could use that bridge to get to a new part of the forest." Anshul asked kindly.

"I could show you the way, if you'd like." Shade said.

Clyde coughed when Shade said that.

"Are you serious? You'd do that for us?" Clyde asked in a surprised tone.

"Yes of course I would. It would only make sense to help the mons, that helped my so." Shade said with a smile.

"I think it would be smart to go as soon as possible, since you'd all have to find a safe place to set up camp for the night." Reina then said.

"Oh yea, and expect Ghost types to be active at night. For some reason, the parts of Silverwind forest we're in right now, there are no Ghost types at all." Flurry said.

"I think it's because not a lot of pokemon live in this forest, so there are not many pokemon to scare. They'd rather be in forests with more population." Eva then said.

"That would make the most sense. Anyway, you all ready to go? Not that we want you all gone or anything." Shade said.

Anshul nodded.

"I'm ready, but first. Thank you all for the hospitality, and for being literally some of the nicest pokemon I've ever met." Anshul then said.

"Aww, you're welcome. All of you. Thank you all for proving that there are still nice mons out there." Eva sad with a big smile.

We all got off the couch, and Blake padded toward Chase.

"...Keep strong, Chase...Remember what I said..." Blake said.

Chase nodded, and hugged Blake.

Blake softly hugged back, before breaking the hug.

"...We'll hopefully all meet again..." Blake said.

Flurry nodded.

"I'm sure of it." Flurry said.

We all began to pad toward the door, and we all waved at Chase's family.

Shade guided us out the door, and Anshul gently closed the door behind him.

...

As we were making our way through the forest, I stayed close to Anshul.

"Thank you for guiding us, Shade." Clyde said.

"It's all good. I wouldn't want you all to get lost again." Shade said.

We were all following after Shade.

The Absol was very friendly.

I didn't understand why everymon would see Absol as a doom bringer.

Every Absol I've met, were kind.

The world shouldn't blame Absol for those disasters.

I then felt a slight wave of guilt wash over me.

"u-uh, m-mister Absol?" I asked softly.

"Hmm? Yes?" Shade asked.

"Y-You don't g-get the credit y-you deserve for saving a-all those mons f-from d-disasters, r-right?" I asked in a soft tone.

"Oh, don't worry about that. I gave up on the callings a long time ago. It's true that the other pokemon see me as a disaster caller, but I know that's not true. As long as you believe in yourself, no mon can bring you down." Shade said.

I thought about what he said.

"T-Thank you..." I said.

Shade smiled kindly at me.

"No problem at all."

We then continued padding toward the bridge.

...

Shade continued to lead us all toward the bridge.

"I must say, I haven't met so many nice pokemon before." Shade said, and smiled.

"Aww, thank you Shade. We haven't met such nice pokemon on our adventure." Anshul said.

"Just know, that you're always welcome here, Anshul." Shade said.

"Thank you very much, Shade." Anshul said.

Everymon saw the bridge up ahead.

"So there is a way off." Clyde said to himself.

"Well, it looks like it's time to take my leave." Shade said.

Anshul looked back at Shade.

"Thanks for everything. I wish you the best of luck with Chase." Anshul said to Shade.

"...Me too...The best of luck for Chase...Tell him I'll never forget him..." Blake said to Shade.

Shade nodded at Anshul and Blake.

"Thank you. Please, stay safe, all of you." Shade said, and began to head back the way everymon came from.

Anshul and Clyde looked at the bridge, and then turned toward each other.

"Well, looks like there's only one way to go...Forward." Clyde said.

"You aren't wrong. Let's go." Anshul said, and looked at everymon.

"Are we all ready to leave this evil forest?" Clyde asked.

"I thought you'd never ask." Amber said.

"Gladly." Ciana said.

"y-yes p-please." I said.

"...Let's go..." Blake said.

"Alright, here we go." Anshul said, and took the first pawstep onto the bridge.

He went first.

"It looks safe, and feels sturdy." Anshul said.

Slowly after Anshul went, Mira and Amber padded onto the bridge.

And like that, everymon slowly, but safely made it across the bridge.

Everymon began to make their way into the new forest.

...

After some traveling, Amber noticed something different.

"The grass is softer than in the other forest." Amber stated.

Clyde saw a pidgey fly away.

"It also looks like there's more life in general in this forest." Clyde said.

"The trees also don't look like they're out of a horror story." Ciana said.

"I think that this is a more livable forest, than the previous one." Anshul said.

"Let's remind ourselves that it is autumn, so it's smart to take a mental note of any possible berry tree locations." Amber stated.

"...Let's find a place to bring the berries first..." Blake said.

(What do you think is more important? Food, or shelter? Let me know in the comments ^w^)

"How about we look for both?" Anshul said.

The group agreed, and looked for both a place to rest, and berries they could eat.

...

While the group made their way through the new forest, they decided to sometimes pick some berries from the berry trees around the forest, and eat them.

The forest they were in, there were way more berry trees.

They wouldn't need to worry about food as much as in the previous forest.

Eventually, the group stumbled onto a fork in the road.

"Hmm, Looks like we have to make a decision." Anshul said.

"Looks like it yea." Amber said.

"I say we go left, because right is always the right way to go, but we don't want to do the obvious thing, because that would make us easier to find." Clyde said.

Everymon looked at Clyde.

Clyde raised his paws.

"What? It's true." He said.

"...I don't think there's a wrong decision right now..." Blake said.

"Clyde, relax. We're starting fresh in this forest. No need to worry about being followed, spied on or stalked." Amber assured Clyde.

"Heh...I assume you're right. Ok, I'll calm down." Clyde said.

"Good." Amber then said, and gave Clyde a nudge.

"Well, where should we go?" Anshul asked.

"I think we should go Left." Amber said.

"Yea, like Amber said, it's not like anymon knows us, and like Blake said, there isn't really a wrong decision, so let's go left." Ciana said.

"Alright then, let's head left." Anshul said.

The group made their way toward the left side of the fork in the road.

...

There was a whole bunch of nothing, after the group chose to go left.

It was mostly padding.

Until...

The sound of flowing water could be heard.

"I hear water nearby." Clyde said.

"A river?" Anshul asked.

"Most likely yes." Clyde answered.

The group made their way toward the sound of the water.

They did indeed discover a river.

"Wow...Look at how beautiful this looks." Clyde stated, as he looked down the river.

The river streamed to the left paw side of the group.

"Hmm, should we follow the direction the river is going in?" Anshul asked.

"Would you like to see the sea?" Clyde asked.

"The sea? How do you know a sea is in that direction?" Anshul asked.

"River's always stream towards a bigger body of water. The bigger the river, the bigger the body of water it's traveling to." Clyde said.

"That's very interesting. I didn't know that." Anshul said.

"You learn something every day kid." Clyde said.

"That's true, I'd like to learn what a sea looks like." Anshul said.

"...You don't know what the sea looks like..." Blake asked.

"No, I always lived in forests, so I've never seen the sea before."

"Well kid, you're in for a treat, if we can reach it today." Clyde said, and began to lead the group now.

Anshul and the group began to follow Clyde.

"It's been so long since I've seen the sea. I'm sure we'll really enjoy it too!" Amber said excitedly.

"Me too, It's been forever since I saw the sea." Ciana said.

"...I have faint memories of the sea..." Blake said.

"Oh? What are they like?" Ciana asked.

"...I can't remember...Maybe seeing it will remind me..." Blake said, and continued padding.

...

As the group was making their way to what they hoped would be the sea, Clyde suddenly jumped into the water.

"Uhh, Clyde? This is not the time to take a dip." Anshul said, and rubbed the back of his head.

Clyde stuck his head out the water.

"I'm a water type. It's always time for a dip. And I have a reason for this." Clyde said, and duck back into the water.

"Oh?" Anshul said, and tilted his head.

Clyde stuck his head out the water again.

"The water is salty. That means that this is sea water. We're getting very close." Clyde said, and got back out the water.

"I can't wait to see it." Anshul said.

"You won't have to wait long, my friend." Clyde said.

The group continued padding.

...

After the group padded for like an hour, they finally found something.

"look!" Clyde said, and moved through some bushes.

As everymon padded through the bushes, they saw before them, a beach.

"Woa...This is awesome!" Anshul said, as he stared at both the beach and the sea.

"Looks like we made it." Clyde said with a smile.

The group swiftly made their way over toward the sea.

Clyde instantly made a mad dash for the sea.

"Taking another dip I see." Amber called out to Clyde.

"You bet!" Clyde said back, and dived into the water.

Ciana also rushed over to take a dip.

Blake was more hesitant, but decided to go for a swim as well.

Anshul looked at his friends, as they swam around.

"If only Flareon could swim." Anshul said.

"D-Did y-you like s-swimming?" I asked Anshul, as the rest went swimming.

Amber listened to what Anshul had to say.

"I in fact loved swimming. Until I one day tried to swim, but I couldn't swim anymore. It was when I evolved into a Flareon, when I couldn't swim anymore." Anshul said.

Hearing Anshul say this, caused me to hug him.

Anshul was caught off guard.

"I-I'm sorry, A-Anshul..." I said, as my paws were wrapped around the Flareon.

"Hey, don't worry about it Mira, it's ok." Anshul said, and hugged me back.

We then broke the hug.

"Well, Let's find a place to set up camp." Amber then said.

"We could stay here, on the beach." Anshul then said.

"Uhh, is it smart to stay in the open?" Amber asked.

"I think we'll be ok." Anshul said.

I then nodded at my sister.

"I-I think A-Anshul is r-right." I said.

"Remember what Chase's family said? Ghost types are probably active in this forest." Amber then said.

Anshul thought about it.

"Hmm, we could set down some torches to keep the ghost types away." Anshul said.

Amber began to think.

"I guess that could work." Amber said.

"Should we gather some stuff?" Anshul asked.

"I think that's a smart plan yea." Amber agreed.

"Alright, Amber, go ahead and gather some berries. Mira, could you get us some leaves to sleep on? I'll get some wood for some torches and for a campfire." Anshul said.

"Come Mira, we'll stick together, so you don't have to worry about getting lost." Amber said, with a smile.

"T-Thank you A-Amber." I said.

We then went into the forest to gather some stuff.

...

After we returned several times, we were finally satisfied with the supplies we got.

Amber was getting the berries to a safe place.

I was making the leaf beds for everymon.

Anshul was making a campfire, and also placed some wooden sticks down, with a torch connected to it.

He placed them around the campfire, once they were done.

It took us quite some time to gather all the supplies.

The time of day was slowly becoming night time.

Everymon got out the water, and began to eat some of the berries Amber brought.

I finished making the leave beds.

We all began to eat dinner for today.

"I'm happy we finally managed to escape those dark types, and that forest." Clyde said, sounding relieved.

"...I think we all are relieved...Perhaps things will finally calm down now..." Blake said.

"Very true, I'm very happy that helping Chase payed off." Amber said.

"Indeed, we also gained more friends finally." Anshul said.

I scooted closer to Anshul, as I looked at him.

My tail wrapped around his floofy tail.

I happily continued to eat my berry.

...

Once everymon was done eating, we decided to go to sleep.

"...Should I stand guard tonight...We can't ever be too safe..." Blake asked.

"I don't think you'll have to, Blake." Anshul said.

"Should I light the torches with my Mystical fire? I'm sure it would last longer than regular fire. And I'm positive that Ghost types are afraid of Mystical fire." Ciana then said.

"Uhh, sure!" Anshul said with a smile.

Ciana then lighted the torches around the campfire.

The torches lit up with blue fire, which gave off a unique feeling.

Everymon went ahead and laid down on their leaf beds.

Anshul used ember on the campfire, making it light up.

I made sure to snuggle close to Anshul, once he laid down.

Once I was comfy, I fell asleep with a soft purr, as my tail was wrapped around Anshul's tail.

...

To be continued

Hello everyone! Firstly, I want to apologize for the insanely long wait time for this chapter. It's been months since the last chapter was uploaded, I'm very sorry for that. I hope that I can write Chapter 27 faster than this one. I hope you all enjoyed reading this chapter! It looks like the group finally made it out of the terrible forest, and made it to a much nicer forest. I hope I'll see you all in the next chapter of Shatter Me, where the story will continue! Have a nice day everyone! ^w^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 113 18
"What happened?" Being a Sylveon, she had expected it all to work out because there was no reason not to. But then, finding out that her fiancé had c...
2.4K 58 40
A full team of ten eeveelutions (including two new eeveelutions!) go on adventures, crawl through dungeons, fall in love, do weird stuff, defeat evil...
3K 207 12
Aurora and Pyro used to be close friends before suddenly moving away from each other, much to their dismay. They've kept in contact via letters for y...
21K 270 20
The Alola region. A place where Pokémon tend to spend their summer vacations, compete in friendly tournaments, or they might even decide to live ther...