Timeless Hero | BNHA OC FanFic

By vintage_gigi

| BNHA OC FANFICTION | TIME TRAVEL Rini Otani has an extremely rare quirk similar to that of Sir Nighteye's F... More

\\ Foreword //
\\ Characters //
\\ PART I //
1 | First Time For Everything
2 | Quirkless No More
3 | Purple Hair Boy
4 | Bully To Friend
5 | What Didn't Happen
6 | Serious Discussion
7 | Making Sacrifices
8 | Consequences
9 | Hope For The Future
10 | Training
11 | Ready
12 | Entrance Exam
13 | Welcome To UA
14 | Quirk Assessment Test
15 | Possibility
16 | Hero 101
17 | Declaration Of War
19 | Not On My Watch
20 | Moving Forward
21 | Sports Festival
22 | Festival Finale
Quick A/N
23 | Queen Chess Piece
24 | Internship
25 | Hero Killer
26 | Threat
27 | Mistakes
28 | Calm Before The Storm
29 | Oversight
30 | Change Of Heart
31 | En Prise
32 | Checkmate
33 | Time Is Precious
\\ Costume 2.0 //
34 | Symbol Of Evil
35 | TRANSCEND •●• T I M E
// Part II \\
36 | TURN BACK •●• T I M E
THANK YOU <3

18 | Its Time

1.9K 87 10
By vintage_gigi

\\ 3rd Person POV //
\\ At UA //

.

.

.

"Villains are going to attack USJ tomorrow morning."

The moment Rini said those words, the room fell deathly silent. Nezu's usual calm and pleasant smile fell into a frown while Aizawa suddenly fixed his posture and uncrossed his arms, a crestfallen and more alert look replacing his ever stoic expression. Recovery Girl, as sad as it sounds, was used to Rini's bad news from her future visions but still looked shocked at her statement. Midnight and Hitoshi simply got the wind knocked out of them, their eyes fixed on Rini's lavender ones as they struggled to comprehend her words.

Rini's gaze flickered over the others one at a time. First she looked at Hitoshi, then her aunt, then Nezu, and finally Aizawa. Her breathing stuttered for a moment when she looked at him. For a split second, he looked like the lifeless body in her vision with blood running down his head. She quickly blinked that image out of her mind.

It's only a vision. It hasn't happened yet, she reassured herself as she looked down at her hands for a brief moment.

"Its alright deary. Remember, the future hasn't become present," Recovery Girl comforted her with her words. She caught the way Rini looked at Aizawa then her hands and knew from experience she must have seen something terrible happen to him. Ten years of being her psychologist made her hyper aware of her mannerisms.

Rini hummed in reply.

"Villains attack tomorrow. . ?" Hitoshi finally muttered in disbelief. His eyes were fixed on her hands laying on the bed, focused but far away in thought, while he rested a comforting hand on her back.

Rini only nodded. She couldn't get the words out just yet. So many things happened and she needed to take a moment, catch her breath, then backtrack and write everything down the way Sir Nighteye trained her since she was six. She went over the list in her head like it was some everyday menial grocery store checklist.

What type of incident? Villain attack. What time? Nine in the morning exactly. Assailants, if any? Yes, but too many to count. Quirks? Warp quirk user, some form of Disintegration quirk user, a mutant strength enhancer plus shock absorption quirk user, a thug with a mutation type quirk, and the list goes on.

Rini closed her eyes and leaned forward. She crossed her legs, rested her elbows on her knees, and cradled her head. Her long pink hair cascaded over her shoulders in the process, creating a curtain around her face and casting a shadow over her eyes.

This was all too much. She never dealt with anything HUGE like this first hand before. All of her intel she received and passed along to Sir Nighteye over the years were second hand from the news on TV. This was her life, her future, her firsthand experience. And it was scary.

"Rini, take a few more slow breaths," Aizawa stepped around her bed and went to her side. He was about to rest a hand on her shoulder, his fingers almost touching, but he pulled back and simply let it hover.

For the tired underground Hero, witnessing Rini use her quirk and having her tell them what she saw made him feel terrible. What Hitoshi said was right, they made her use her quirk without asking if she was okay with it. He didn't want her to feel that she didn't have a say. But he had to remind himself this was the Hero gig, and now that they know what they're up against, they have to do everything in their power to prevent it from happening.

Another minute passed while Aizawa and the others watched as she calmed down. She let out one last shaky breath and sat up straight again, swiping her hair back to rest behind her ears at the same time. When she finished, she gave the others a little nod to say without words she was good. And with that little indication, Nezu stepped forward and stood at the foot of her bed.

"Thank you again young Rini for your help. Now that we know, we can create the perfect plan to catch them in the act. I will give you a few more minutes and then we will go over details-"

"No. We don't have that kind of time. Call Sir Nighteye right now. Tell him to get Edgeshot, Kamui Woods or Best Jeanist on the phone. They don't have anything going on where they are tomorrow and their sidekicks can handle the small incidents. To increase our likelihood of success against this villain attack we need their quirks and their speedy reaction time. The villain group has a Warp quirk user as their ticket in and out, and in order to cut them off we're going to need Edgeshot's skill to knock him out. Kamui Woods or Best Jeanist are our best players to wrangle the other thirty-odd villains while All Might deals with the big one. He's very powerful. . ." Rini explained as fast as she could but trailed quietly at that last part.

She couldn't get the image of Aizawa laying half dead on the ground out of her mind.

"A warp quirk user?" Her aunt Midnight questioned with surprise.

"Thirty villains?" Aizawa's brows raised in shock.

"Big one?" Hitoshi added with much more concern in his tone.

Rini looked between them before closing her eyes again to backtrack and remember every moment. She didn't want to but she had to, which made it all the more hurtful to her mind. She literally had to relive what nobody else would experience to ensure peace.

"Um. . . Yes. There's a huge guy that has a beak and his brain is exposed. He's really strong. . . Like All Might strong," she shuddered at the thought.

Aizawa and Nezu shared worried glances. Recovery Girl frowned. Hitoshi continued to stare at her in a stunned state. Midnight rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"Okay. . . This is definitely serious if one of those villains is as strong as All Might," Hitoshi voiced while looking over at his mentor.

Aizawa tried not to show his concern, but it was clearly written all over his face. He gave a tiny nod at his protege then turned to Nezu.

"We need to have an emergency meeting with the other faculty members. I'll tell Mic and have him round them up. I guess I'll leave you to call Nighteye and the other Pro's," he said while pulling his phone out.

"That would be a good idea. However, we don't want to raise any alarms. We need to be discreet. . ." Nezu said while putting a paw to his chin in deep thought.

He knew the villains must have used the media to get in, but he also had a hunch they were keeping an eye on the schools every move. Meaning, the villains could very well be watching them in case their plan to invade was discovered. Therefore they really needed to be discreet in order to get the drop on them; having a random emergency meeting the day before their attack would obviously raise an alarm and the villains could change their plans.

"What should I say then?" Aizawa asked while he held his phone in his hand.

"Nothing. Isn't that right Rini?" Nezu said in a jovial voice before turning and looking at her.

Suddenly all eyes landed on her. She glanced up at them and gave a nod.

"Yes. Don't tell the faculty anything until tomorrow morning. I know it sounds ridiculous but it's the best way to get the drop on them. The head villain claimed he knew the schedule and was waiting for All Might. . . They had a plan to kill him. . . so if anything is off they might figure it out. . . I wish I could do more to help. . ." she explained and started rubbing her eyes to keep the after images fresh.

"Its not ridiculous honey. And you are doing a lot to help. You always have been ever since you were a little girl," Midnight gave her positive encouragement upon hearing her doubt herself.

Rini gave a tiny smile and looked at Hitoshi, noticing him nodding his head in agreement.

"I have a lot to write down though," Rini added in a lighthearted joking tone despite the situation.

"I'll help you," her aunt smiled.

"Me too," Hitoshi added.

"I brought the sheets for you to fill out," Nezu said while pulling out the paperwork seemingly from nowhere.

Midnight took it and passed it along to her niece with a soft expression. She said without words "we got this" as they looked down at the paperwork. Nezu then turned to Aizawa.

"Aizawa, for now, tell Yamada to meet you at my office so we can have one more person to help in making preparations. I'll call Sir Nighteye right this instance. And I'll also call All Might to meet us at my office since the villains clearly planned this for him."

At this, Rini looked up with wide hopeful eyes. Sir Nighteye and All Might would definitely see each other now thanks to this situation. She hoped they could talk to each other and maybe rekindle their friendship despite the circumstances.

"He's on his way. I guess we should head up now," Aizawa announced while looking at Nezu, snapping Rini out of her thoughts.

"Yup!" Nezu chirped happily before climbing Aizawa and settling in his scarf.

The tired man didn't bother the chimera since this was practically normal.

"Rini, I trust that you will do a fine job sorting your vision and having it ready shortly. When you finish, send it over with your aunt. Thank you again for your perceptive help!" he added then patted Aizawa's head as a sign to leave.

The tired man sighed and turned to leave, but not before offering a kind smile towards the pink haired girl he swore he'd protect.

"Good job. Your already a fine Hero," he kept his words short and sweet.

Rini returned a genuine soft smile at her teachers praise and watched as he walked out with Nezu hitch-hiking on his neck.

When they left the room, she immediately got to work as Hitoshi and her aunt helped her with the paperwork. Recovery Girl also showed her support by offering some special gummies that had energy boosting properties.

Rini had to start from the present time and factor in everything else she saw within the week. So, with that said, she started by writing down what she did after leaving that very room. She then moved onto the next morning and divided the workload between her aunt and Hitoshi.

As she wrote on her own paper about All Might arriving late to USJ because he fought some other villains on his morning commute - unbeknownst to her he was actually late because of his time limit - she spoke outloud to them about the villains appearances and quirks. She was multitasking more than what she normally would do, but she managed.

When they got the number of assailants and their quirks out of the way, she then explained where they would appear and which classmates they'd fight after the warp guy separated them. Then she explained what happened from her point of view where she and Hitoshi got warped to the same location and they went to help Aizawa but the bird guy got in their way.

Hitoshi and the others gave her sad looks when she trailed off recounting the scary incident. When she said she'd write it down herself, they didn't push. Recovery Girl also knew better than to push but she offered to help her get over her vision the way she's always helped her after visions.

Rini appreciated that and continued her work. She had to tell them everything detail for detail in order to create the perfect plan to prevent it from happening but it was mentally exhausting.

When she got to the forth sheet of paper, she sighed loudly.

"This is going to take a while."

.

.

.

\\ In Nezu's Office //

.

.

.

As the three worked on the paperwork back at Recovery Girls office, Nezu and Aizawa met up with Present Mic in the chimera's office. Because today was All Might's day off, they had to wait for him to arrive. And since Nezu also called Sir Nighteye like he said he would, the Pro Hero would take thirty minutes for him to arrive.

In the meantime, Nezu decided he'd stall with tea and a conversation. He did tell Mic they would discuss something serious, but only when the others arrive.

Fifteen minutes passed of them talking about the first years progress so far in English class, which is the class Mic teaches, when All Might arrived. He wore smart casual and greeted his fellow coworkers with a smile, but on the inside he wondered why they were suddenly having a meeting after school hours.

Nezu and the others returned the greeting and watched as he sat down to join them. The chimera offered him tea and he respectfully took it before asking what the meeting was about. Once more, Nezu told him what he told Mic and didn't mention Sir Nighteye was the last one they were waiting on. He knew the blonde man would run away from his old friend if he said that's who they were all expecting.

Finally, after another fifteen minutes of waiting, Sir Nighteye entered the office. The moment All Might turned around to acknowledge who had arrived, his smile fell into a guilty frown.

Sir Nighteye on the other hand felt his jaw slacken in somber surprise. The two stared at each other for a good few seconds before All Might broke eye contact out of guilt. Meanwhile, Aizawa and Yamada sat in awkward silence at their exchange.

Sir Nighteye stood there silently and clamped his mouth shut. He was already dreading what Rini foresaw in her vision if his old friend was present in this meeting. He made his way to the couches and didn't look at the others in greeting, his gaze fixed on Nezu.

"What is this meeting about?" He questioned in a quiet voice.

Nezu let out an inaudible sigh and set his tea down. He looked up at the Pro Hero towering over him and gave a small smile.

"I think it's time."

Sir Nighteye straightened his posture and let his glared lenses hide his surprise. Time? It was time to tell them about Rini? Tell Present Mic and Toshinori, his once close friend, that his protege that's been hidden away from the world all this time has the ability to change the future?

"What?" He managed to whisper.

Nezu offered a soft look.

"Earlier today the security gate was breached and deliberately destroyed by someone's quirk. As a precaution, I asked if young Rini could help by using her quirk and she discovered something alarming. . . In order to discuss this properly, we should tell them her true quirk."

Present Mic and All Might glanced between Sir Nighteye and Nezu with confusion written all over their faces.

"Rini Otani from your class Aizawa?" All Might asked.

"Nemuri's niece?" Mic added while looking at his friend.

Aizawa simply nodded.

Before anymore could be said, Midnight entered the office with a thick stack of paper.

"Sorry for interrupting, but Rini said you were going to tell them about her quirk and she said that's fine. Also, we ran out of blank paperwork sheets but I made more copies in the printer room. Rini filled them all out with our help. . . There were a lot of villain profiles to write down and quirk Registration forms to cross reference. And unfortunately the three villains Rini said that looked in charge don't have their quirks registered," she said while stopping short of Sir Nighteye.

All of the men in the room had mixed emotions on their faces at her sudden intrusion and brief explanation. Mostly because she said Rini already knew they were about to discuss her quirk. They were about to say something but Sir Nighteye beat everyone to the punch.

"Alright. I guess it really is time to tell them," he sighed while pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. He then looked between Mic and All Might.

"Rini has a perception type quirk like mine called Future Vision, but the big difference between us is that she can prevent what she sees from happening. As you can imagine, her quirk is extremely rare, hence why we must ensure it remains secret. Therefore you must also keep it secret for her safety from this point forth."

When he finished his explanation, it was silent for a drawn out thirty seconds.

"Future Vision. Wow, it's been a long time since I've heard anyone around here develop a quirk like that. . . Other than yours Nighteye," All Might whispered to himself before looking up at his old friend.

Nighteye only gave a nod in reply. He felt bad for leaving out the major fact that she's been giving him intel all these years. He knew he would have to have that conversation eventually.

He also knew they would have to talk about their complicated history when this was all over.

"Nemuri, you kept this secret from us all this time? We would've kept our mouths shut," Mic said with mild betrayal while gesturing between him and Aizawa.

But Aizawa and Nemuri gave him apologetic looks. He easily put two and two together.

"You knew the whole time?!" He screeched, causing everyone to wince. "Sorry about that, but why? I could've kept it secret! I feel hurt you didn't trust me enough Nemuri!" he whined as little comedic streams of wavy tears trailed down his face.

Aizawa sighed and Nemuri laughed at their friend.

"Your loud. That's why."

Mic lifted a finger about to protest Aizawa's blunt answer but Nezu cut in and got the discussion back on track.

"Now that we've established young Rini's true quirk, let's review the paperwork. She described the event and all that we need to know for us to counteract this unfortunate future, so let's do our part and prevent it!"

Everyone in the room gave firm nods at his statement. The familiar sense of duty and determination filling their chests.

Rini gave them the intel to help.

And they will give their all to help.

.

.

.

\\ Tomura Shigaraki //
\\ The Next Day //

.

.

.

9:00 AM

It's finally time to kill that bastard All Might.

A foreign feeling of excitement bubbled in my chest as I looked at my gathered NPC's ready to be used and disposed of like pawns in my game of Villain versus Hero.

Thanks to Sensei, this was all possible. He gave me one of his and the doctors experiments called a Nomu; a mindless beast that could follow my commands. With it, we stood a chance at killing that blundering idiot dubbed the Symbol of Peace. And I can finally prove to Sensei that I have what it takes to inherit his legacy.

"Kurogiri, get the warp gate ready," I rasped while standing in front of my expendable army.

"Of course, Shigaraki Tomura," he replied in his usual monotone voice.

I watched with a crooked smile as his familiar black and purple warp gate activated a foot in front of me. An obvious vaccum caused the air around us to disappear into the warp gate and that's when I knew it was time.

I had to admit I was impatient with his slow forming warp gate, so I stuck my hand through it to speed up the process. Eventually, it grew to a large circle I could step through and I couldn't wait any longer. I stepped through and found myself standing in the grand gymnasium the UA scum called "USJ" for their stupid Hero rescue training.

The warp gate widened behind me and the low life NPC's poured out in front of me while I lazily scanned the area. Soon after, Nomu stepped out to stand at my side and I gestured for him to stay put. Thanks to an electric type quirk user, we didn't set off any alarms.

I had the perfect plan.

When I looked up, I saw the UA brats standing at the top of the stairs entranceway, Pro Hero Eraserhead and Thirteen present just like the schedule said they would. . . But there was no All Might.

My brows creased in frustrated confusion. Where the hell is he?! The stupid schedule said he's teaching this class today!

"The only real Heroes I see are Thirteen and Eraserhead. Perplexing. According to the schedule we retrieved from UA All Might should be here as well," Kurogiri - who seemed to read my mind - wasted his breath to explain but I rolled my eyes.

Anyone with vision could see he wasn't here.

"Where is he? I went through the trouble of bringing so many friends who are here to meet him. They want All Might, the great Symbol of Peace. I can't believe he's not here. Maybe if I kill a few kids he'll come out to play," I taunted while lifting my arms at my side.

I looked expectantly at the two Pro Heroes standing at the top of the stairs, but they didn't make a reply. They didn't even move a muscle at my threat. Upon closer inspection they looked. . . unsurprised. They were simply standing there while all the UA punks cowered in fear behind them. . . Well, all except one.

Amongst the crowd of scared costumed kids, a girl with long pink hair stood firm with her fists clenched at her sides. She looked down at me and the crowd of villains with a blank expression on her face. When I met her gaze though she seemed to furrow her brows in worry and. . . pity?

At the strange emotion etched on her face, my brows furrowed deeper in both curiosity and confusion. While we shared looks, questions ran through my mind.

First off, why the hell is this brat unfazed like the two Pro Heroes? Second, why aren't the two supposed Heroes jumping into action? Third and most importantly, where the hell is that bastard All Might?!

Without realizing it, I started scratching at my neck.

"Kurogiri, why-"

Before I could finish my sentence, a gust of wind and a blur flew by and nearly knocked me sideways. I held my hands out to steady myself and regain my footing while whipping my head in the direction of the blur. When I looked to my left, Nomu was no longer at my side, rather he was facing off against the man I've been waiting to kill.

"All Might," I growled. "You cheater, it's not fair to start a game with a sneak attack."

"Well you won't like this!" A voice suddenly shouted from above me.

The second I heard the new voice, I looked up and was met with a sickening sight. Half a dozen Pro Heroes began to rain down from an opening in the domed sky light and the source of the voice was that new Pro Hero Kamui Woods. In an instant, the wooden hero yelled out his move and his arm turned into a mess of branches that came straight for me and Kurogiri.

"Kurogiri!" I yelled so he could create a warp and deflect his attack, but he grunted in reply.

"I'm sorry but my warp gate isn't responding to my commands-"

"That would be my doing you scum gutter villain," Eraserhead announced and suddenly landed at the base of the stairs.

Everything happened at once and I couldn't get a single word out when I felt the constricting tree bark from that newcomer Hero wrap around my torso. I looked to my right and noticed Kurogiri wrapped up the same way. When I looked directly in front of me, I watched as the Pro Heroes who were falling out of the sky land and start fighting my expendable army. When I looked to my left, All Might had Nomu in a headlock since I didn't give him any commands.

I had the perfect plan.

Rage filled me and I wanted to scratch at my neck so badly but my arms were bound to my sides. Instead I grit my teeth and growled:

"Nomu! Get us out of these binds!"

The second I said that, a punch and thump followed by a cloud of dust erupted from his location. In a flash, I was no longer wrapped in bark and neither was Kurogiri. The sound of Kamui Woods apologizing to those other Heroes annoyingly rang in my ears. I blinked away the dust in my eye and noticed how Nomu stood protectively in front of me while Kurogiri laid lifeless on the ground to my right with tree bark scattered everywhere.

Wait.

"Kurogiri?! Get up!" I yelled while kicking his side, but he didn't move a muscle.

I froze at his unresponsive state and panicked. I fell to my knees and let one hand hover over him while the other scratched furiously at my neck. My mind reeled as I stared wide eyed at his lifeless body.

Those Pro Heroes. . . They would never kill a villain. . . They weren't allowed to kill a villain. . . But. . .

"Damn it. I only managed to incapacitate the warp user before that big guy got to them," I heard a Pro Hero grumble in the distance, and I felt myself calm down a bit when he said incapacitate.

When I looked, I realized who spoke. It was that Ninja hero called Edgeshot. I heard about his quirk and how he can transform himself into string or something. I heard he was extremely fast too.

I pieced together that he must have got to Kurogiri right as Nomu got to us. To defeat All Might, Nomu was created to be almost as fast as the speed of sound in close combat according to the doctor, so this Edgeshot guy must be just as fast when he makes attacks.

I found that highly convenient for this situation. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized this whole attack was obviously preempted by someone.

Since Nomu got us a good distance away from the chaos and stood guard, the Pro's that weren't fighting my lackeys stood defensively in anticipation. Including All Might.

As I stared at Kurogiri, my only chance at escape laying unconcious on the ground, I started scratching harder at my neck with both hands.
I briefly heard a shout in the distance but nothing mattered as my mind tried to process the lightning fast events. With every new thought, my nails dug harder into my skin.

Somebody knew we were coming. Somebody knew what quirks we had and what to expect in this attack. Somebody knew which Pro Heroes to gather and told them when to strike. Somebody knew how things would play out as if they saw the future.

At that last thought, I paused my scratching. The only person capable of knowing the future was a certain green and yellow haired Pro who once served as All Mights sidekick. The Pro Hero with a perception quirk called Sir Nighteye.

"Give up villain, your escape route has been cut off and your surrounded by these fine Heroes of justice," All Might blabbed as I slowly looked over my shoulder.

My red eyes blazing with rage darted between the costumed idiots in search of Sir Nighteye, the Pro Hero responsible for my failure. I scoured the mess of chaos over and over again until I finally saw him fighting alongside Eraserhead.

There you are.

"Nomu," I called, grabbing both his and the disgusting Heroes attention.

I slowly lifted a finger while pointing at the source of my failure. Nomu's eyes locked onto the green and yellow haired man fighting across the battlefield. All the Pro Heroes froze and stared at me with dumb looks of confusion on their faces.

With a wicked smile masking my irritation, I sneered:

"Kill that man."

.

.

.

\\ Author's Note! //

Okay I'm so sorry for the cliffhangers for this chapter and the last chapter but it just adds more * SPICE * (I read your comments but I'm sorry for not replying to them (ToT))

Anywho, this chapter was actually coming on 6000+ words and I know I said I was gonna give double lengthy chaps but I decided that this is WAY too long so I chopped it in half (sorry!). I'm hoping to beef the next one up more and get it posted later but will see how that goes lol.

Also Shiggy has finally made an appearance! In all honesty I wish I wrote his POV a little better but I'll improve it for the next chap.

Hmm. . . That's pretty much all I wanted to say! Hope you peeps stay safe and enjoy the chap!

- GiGi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 930 17
Y/N is the newest exchange student coming for some summer classes at UA and boy is she fired up! Ready for new horizons and friends,she isn't exactly...
5.3K 325 36
How can someone so fragile, be so strong? °☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆° Disclaimer: This book will mention adult themes such as racial slurs, sexual assault/abus...
979 27 11
Y/N is terrified of using her quirk. Killing her parents when she was a child, she swore never to use her quirk again. But when it activates again, m...
40.9K 885 18
❝ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴜꜱᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴋɪᴅ!❞ ❝ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ...❞ You are 𝐘/𝐧 𝐋/𝐧. She is a quiet girl who was homeschooled, abused, and i...